What is going to the dentist like in your country?

What is going to the dentist like in your country?

Have you ever had a cavity?

you book a time
you get your teeth fixed
you leave

Pretty much this

I am basically his psychotherapist, but he is cool, he is pretty based and all treatments were like 3x faster with him, i felt imense pains during treatments, but it worthed because they were pretty fast, and he got a colombian wife and might get me some from Colombia

****Might get me some coca tea from Colombia

And tip

> What is going to the dentist like in your country?
> Have you ever had a cavity?
STORY TIME!
Yeah I had a cavity once.

It was my first actual visit to a dentist, I was 20 years old. I've been there before but just to sign a paper that I did a checkup. I was wound up and shaking like a leaf in a storm. Not simply because I was afraid of pain, I'm just a nervous kind of person in general.

I quickly realized that I was wrong about my fears. The dentist turned out to be an incredibly charming, talkative, calming and professional lady around 30 years old. We were constantly "chatting" (she asked questions and I emitted positive or negative sounding mumble), she asked me about the uni, the weather, doing a small talk and basically being a complete cutie. Her soft voice made me melt into the chair. To top it off, she kept tickling my face with her long hair and accidentally touching my shoulder with her warm soft breasts. It was overall relaxing. Finally I calmed down and forgot all the worries I had about my first visit to the dentist because of her warm welcome.

And then she said "spit". At the moment, my consciousness was far far away from the reality somewhere in the dreamland and my brain didn't know what it means since I've never been to a dentist before and because of that my body executed the command immediately. I spat all the blood, the tooth shards, the sour dental fluid and my very own saliva all over myself, the chair, the floor, her scrubs and shoes.
She was speechless. Of course she tried to soften the situation. Helped me to clean myself, forced herself to keep smiling, tried to make a joke about it, said that it's nothing to worry about but she quickly stopped. Until the end of the operation I haven't heard a word from her. She quickly finished the job and just said "good bye" in the end when I was leaving.

When I got home I cried for a few minutes.

I'm scared of the teeth terror man since I was a kid and me mom had taken me to get a particularly stubborn baby tooth removed and fucked it up majorly, it hurt like crazy.

I do occasional checkups. But since I've been brushing teeth at least 3 times a day (and as long as I have access to a brush and toothpaste after every meal) I haven't had a cavity in my life. I'm 27 and I don't know what it means to have toothache.

Thank fucking god.

I HAVE HOBO TIER TEETH
TNX GENETICS

I've only had good experiences, but everyone in Finland seems to think that our dentists are shit. Who knows. I've had braces, a broken tooth and one cavity and they've all went smoothly.

She wanted to bang, but you had to go and spill your spaghetti everywhere. Way to go Dmitri.

That is very unfortunate. The worst moments in life are remembered as well as the best

This, and to add it's free until you're 19 (22 if you were born 1996 and onward literally missed it by a year FML)

Did you lose a tooth or what the fuck happened? Spitting tooth shards sounds brutal.

She was drilling a hole in my tooth.

>She was speechless. Of course she tried to soften the situation. Helped me to clean myself, forced herself to keep smiling, tried to make a joke about it, said that it's nothing to worry about but she quickly stopped. Until the end of the operation I haven't heard a word from her. She quickly finished the job and just said "good bye" in the end when I was leaving.

You better be fucking joking.

I'm not...

I've never been to the dentist. My teeth are perfect.

I have a dentist who is Irish... He doesn't wear gloves and his German is quite incomprehensible.

you book a time and then get it for free but the dentist is pissed off that he doesnt get a cut so he gets mad and doesnt provide any water to spit

oh and no

this but you take out a loan to tip em afterward

>What is going to the dentist like in your country?
Ezpz, just book an appointment and make your copay with your HSA
>Have you ever had a cavity?
Yeah, I broke a tooth on a popcorn kernel. Fucking miserable.

It can be expensive if you don't have insurance. Dental isn't covered by health care in this country. A routine cleaning is like $150 but specialized work is really expensive. I think I had 2-3 cavities in one visit when I was like 12 but haven't had any since.