Jackie Chan is the most fun and probably the toughest, Bruce Lee was the most important

Jackie Chan is the most fun and probably the toughest, Bruce Lee was the most important
but Jet Li is the all-around best, no contest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LBxAlT4S0CU
youtube.com/watch?v=U8CtOqJy6xM
youtube.com/watch?v=n7Z-tTzYTG0
youtube.com/watch?v=uKVErVDA0JA
youtube.com/watch?v=Te8rNaLAz4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What was he in aside from Expedables?

>chinks

kys traitor

dont want no trobbu XD

Jet Li is garbage and he uses wires to pull his tiny body around in every single movie he's ever been in even in scenes where it's completely unnecessary.

Jet Li could already do amazing things on film, it's annoying that his natural talent was ruined by caricature.

Bruce Lee didn't have this problem. Jackie Chan dabbled in this madness but was a lot more circumspect. Jet Li is a standout because he just didn't care about how many wires were poured into every single film he made. Sad.

The most annoying fight scene in Fist of Legend is where Jet Li uses wires to yank his opponents back 5 meters when he devastates them with a punch to the chest. Oh wait, that's every single fight in Fist of Legend. Oh my bad, that's actually every single fight in every single HK movie Jet Li ever made.

Respectfully, fuck Jet Li.

>russian puppet
>calling others "traitor"

a lot of unremarkable martial arts movies. this silly thing comes to mind

kiss of the dragon and the one was kino

dude, its a fucking kung fu movie, they arnt really fighting you do know that dont you? real fights dont have people running up walls rolling over table tops and kicking chairs and lamps around or using an empty picture frame as a sort of shield to tangle the enemys arm in, get a grip

I know about the Wulin and I know way more than you, you pretentious obnoxious ignorant millenial fucking stain. Don't you dare to lecture me. It's funny that Jet Li egregiously uses wires to pull everyone he fights with around as if he's massively powerful while Jackie Chan is a lot more subtle using them and Bruce Lee didn't need them at all. But yes, yes, let's ignore facts.

Not that guy, but you're a massive faggot.

Yes, he has a lot of movies where he uses wire work. He also has a lot of movies where he doesn't (the good ones).

Jackie Chan = Bruce Lee > Donnie Yen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jet "mediocre Asian action flavoring" Li

Jet Li uses more wires than Peter Pan. For a supposed real life martial arts expert he sure brings zero authenticity to the screen. I hope he retires soon.

Bruce Lee: invented his own martial art, became a Chinese superhero, popularised kung fu

Jackie Chan: sold by his parents to a kung fu circus. Reinvented the kung fu movie, became global megastar and household name

Jet Li: acrobat who appears in B-movies

>...I know way more than you, you pretentious obnoxious ignorant...

Thai Chi Master , Fong Sai Yuk , Fist of Legend - all good shit. So what if they use wires? These are MOVIES - the style is visually appealing. Also Jet LI is a five time Wushu gold medalist

hero

king of chinkino

Really? He always bored me honestly, felt like he was pushed as the next Chan/Lee but I was never a big fan.
Same with Donnie Yen.

>Jet Li is the all-around best, no contest
Best at what exactly? Because Jet Li has admitted himself he would get his ass whooped by real fighters. Jet Li only does wushu. IF you don't know what Wushu really is it's kinda like Luchador wrestling, as in it's kinda real but it's mostly fake

jet li has literally no charisma and can't act for shit
the once upon a time in china series was good though

He has nowhere near as much charisma as the other two no matter how hard they try to push him

Jackie Chan is a great actor, stunt man, and fighter.

Bruce Lee is literally the greatest of all time. He is the peak of skill, power, and physique for the human race.

Jet Li is nothing compared to the two.

>Bruce Lee is literally the greatest of all time. He is the peak of skill, power, and physique for the human race.

Lmao. Bruce Lee was an actor just like the other 2, slightly less athletic than Chan.

Jackie is GOAT, it's not even close. He has half a dozen kinos that are legit. His stunt-fu was literally next level action cinema.

Lethal Weapon 4

youtube.com/watch?v=LBxAlT4S0CU

Jet Li was definitely in some of the best ones
>Hero
>The One
>Kiss of the Dragon
>Unleashed
>Romeo Must Die
>Black Mask
>Once Upon a Time in China
Even Cradle 2 The Grave

For my time at least, Jet Li is actually underrated imo

You really count discount Jackie
I'd watch plenty of his movies in the 90's when I was

>slightly less athletic than Chan

How does it feel to be so fucking wrong?

Arguably the best looking and came in at maybe the best time (as in a lot of his moives were American, with an American budget) = he got to be in the best movies

See
All of the green text are still enjoyable

>Being a skinny skeleton with some muscle tone = physical peak of the human race.

kek. Bruce Lee was a hobbyist martial artist, Jackie Chan was a trained acrobat at the peking opera and legitimately one of the best stuntment ever. Could Bruce Lee beat Jackie Chan in a fistfight? Maybe, who knows, they were both untrained amateurs as far as fighting goes, but purely from an athletic skill standpoint, there is no question Chan is far superior. It's like saying an olympic gymnast is less athletic than Bruce Lee.

Not him, but you speak like your opinion matters when you're really just a dumb cunt. Get the fuck out of this thread.

holy shit there's so much wrong here it hurts. how does it feel to be that stupid?

>muscles = strength

Nigger have you even seen the interviews with Jackie of him recalling how Bruce Lee accidentally hit him too hard?

Even Jackie Chan acknowledges the fact that Bruce is superior.

Agree with this. Actually recently read pic related. Lee wasn't born a naturally big guy, but what he did have, he did more with it than anyone in recorded history.

As for Chan, I've been told he has hands down the best team of stunt men in the world, who have been working with him since the beginning. And unless the main actor doesn't have a martial arts background (like Keanu Reeves during The Matrix), they always choreograph the fight scenes. So it's probably safe to say Chan was the best fight choreographer out of all of them, or at least knew how to make the most entertaining fights.

If Bruce Lee is so great then why is he dead

I'd be interested in that

youtube.com/watch?v=U8CtOqJy6xM

Brain muscle became too big.

The problem with asians is they're so small. Steven seagull in his prime probably could have beaten any of them.

bruce lee - pinnacle of speed, control and power. even when he's being friendly he's intimidating as fuck. makes me wonder just how badly he destroyed his wife's punani.

jackie chan - absolute fucking bro, and absolutely fucking fearless. probably the most impressive physique of all, functional and aesthetic.

jet li - more or less hong kong style martial arts incarnate. definitely quick and acrobatic.

Cheers

>the toughest
None of them were actually tough you retard

MMA as a sport has completely shut down asian media voodoo bullshit, only don wilson had the balls to try compete/commentate and praise mma.

The West won. Cry for days.

BIF IS NOT A PUSSY!

But bruce lees style basically IS mma. Use whatever works best.

>as a sport

>jeet kune do
>non-telegraphing strikes
>multiple chain strikes to bewilder opponent
>feints
>doing whatever it takes to win

he downplayed MMA for a reason, and basically any other sports fighting. rules do not exist in real fights.

Explain why mma has no jute keen do practitioners then

>praising actors when an entire sport exists that found the best styles and mixed them already

Jackie Chan is the world's greatest stunt man and has made many many more movies than Bruce Lee got to. While Lee paved the way, Chan is the one to take martial arts in cinema to its height

Then he'd get taken down by a stronger grappler and they could do what they want with his 5kg ass on the ground

Have you ever heard Bruce Lee talk about Gene LeBell, an actual martial artist and how he completely destroyed Bruce Lee's world view on fighting in 1 grappling session? Bruce Lee was not a fighter, deal with it. And of course Jackie would tell phantastic, exaggerated stories about Bruce Lee, it's an honor for him that he was starring besides such a huge icon and it's only in his best interest to keep up the mystique around that person.

It's not a single set or rigid style. It's very flexible and adapts. Had bruce lee lived, modern jeet kune do would probably resemble MMA if it could be proven to beat a jeet kune do master.

He might have had the right philosophy, but he sure as hell did not have the right training.

grappling isn't a lethal method, if you go to grapple a kung fu master or even karate black belt they could just pull your eyes out your socket, hammer your temples and crush your windpipe.

youtube.com/watch?v=n7Z-tTzYTG0

size is irrelevant in a fight you fucking tremendous dipshit.

that film was comfykino

>grappling isn't a lethal method

Excuse me?

>grappling isn't a lethal method,

Yeah, if the grappler decides to stick to arbitrary rules and you better pray he does. Here, let Bas Rutten explain it to you in a very easy to understand way. youtube.com/watch?v=uKVErVDA0JA

Give an example of this being possible, there's a reason asians with their 'kung fu' are bottom of the barrel trash fighers in mma and boxing. grappling doesnt just mean taking someone down, it also means controlling their arms while you deliver hard blows.

>weightclasses exist for no reason

top kek, im done. Fucking movie watching idiots arguing against sports and reality.

are you sure you're old enough to post here?

no it isn't, it affects your reach and weight is really important. A bantomweight boxer could probably never floor a heavyweight. It's not relevant in terms of skill, and often the shorter fighter has some advantages also like lower centre of gravity, faster movement and good agility.

Average height of all 3 = 4'9"

Reminder Jackie Chan is literally insane and no action star will ever top his stunts
youtube.com/watch?v=Te8rNaLAz4o

i think we can all agree that bruce lee was fast and strong and that greco-roman wrestling is the only good sport where you fight

you do realize bruce lee trained with a 300 pound punching bag? you're severely underestimating his ability to use his entire body's strength behind all his strikes.

speed accounts for much more force than weight does. Kinetic Energy = 1/2 mass x (velocity)^2. bruce lee understood this and took to levels people didn't even know existed. he was a master at creating power despite having a small frame.

well there's not many lethal fights in MMA since it's a ring sport so obviously there's no example, but if you try and control someones arms that means you aren't protecting your face and eyes.

Most security firms will sign you up in a snap if you have any qualification in wushu because they know you'll have a flexible number of techniques under your belt many of which incapacitate and don't count as gbh like a solar plexus jab or shocking the windpipe.

With two equally skilled fighters the bigger one has a clear advantage.

Not the previous poster, but there is something to be said for the difference between serious CQC and sports fighting. Many styles of martial arts are designed for quick, efficient lethality rather than pure takedowns. Modern sports MMA is designed to avoid serious injury or death for the participants, because no one would do it otherwise. And they would also not have any long-time athletes. Saying "X could completely destroy Y" is kinda pulling from two different classes of fight. There are a lot of rules in MMA, implicit and explicit, that prevent the two fighters from really harming each other on a regular basis.
Meanwhile, Krav Maga tells you to knife-hand someone's trachea, or LINE just straight up had the military training to kill people in the dark.

Look up khabib nurmagedov

Not them but controls can easily lead to containments and breaks. Problem with grappling is fights in real life almost always end in a couple of seconds and never get to the ground. It's fun to learn for sport, though. Hand controls can always come in handy if you're a bouncer who doesn't necessarily want to break a drunk's arm or take them to the ground, but "help" them out the door as quickly as possible.

size tells you nothing about the person's ability to close the gap.

Only because tapouts and TKO exists idiot. When there's no ref to step in, what do you think will happen

insufferable non fighting fa/tv/irgins

do you have any sources to back up all the bullshit you're pulling out of your arse?

was meant for

Bruce Lee = Sega Saturn
Jackie Chan = Playstation
Jet Li = Xbox

Most life or death struggles end up on the ground. You're not knife handing anything down there.

Are you just a bit dumb or something? The point is size does matter, it matters a lot.

>thread about chinese martial artists
>lanklets have to stink up the joint compensating

You'd have to be a fucking mongoloid to put any of them over Jackie Chan, yes even Bruce Lee. I wish he would star in more shit American movies because that nigga deserves all the fat paychecks he can get.

A whole career filled with kinos

i thought this asian mystic shit was dead

no one mentioned height other than size being a good factor in a fight, insecure manlet

What is Seagal?

As far as their movies go, Jackie is way above Lee and Li combined but Lee could probably beat jackie still

>MMA webms

Always that one autist. Always.

I think we're forgetting that Jackie Chan actually directed most of his movies in addition to acting, stunt co-ordinating, and occasionally performing the theme song. Though perhaps Bruce would have directed more, had he not died so soon.

Which one doesn't shill for the Chinese government?

>but Jet Li is the all-around best, no contest
Nah son, Tony Jaa is it. He has none of that chinks-flying-with-wires-shit.

Sega Dreamcast the worst fucking system ever created

youre clearly the insecure one spouting "muh size". only other lanklets are going to agree with you moron. you probably think you could beat bruce lee or mike tyson in a fight because youre such a beast

>Nah son
shut the fuck up nigger

I'm not certain what point you are trying to get across here. I never said MMA fighters weren't dangerous, or couldn't kill someone. I'm saying their styles of fighting weren't designed around it. They were designed around the particular ruleset and environment of UFC and MMA. One of the reasons BJJ is so popular is because of the prevalence of groundfighting in Modern MMA. Most "life or death struggles" do not end up on the ground, not when one or both individuals are well trained martial artists.
Theres a reason Military staff and PMC's are trained in purely lethal martial arts: because they need to kill people as fast as possible. MMA fighters are taught MMA because they need to knock other MMA fighters out without killing them and without performing illegal moves. It's two different systems, how hard is that to understand? Could an MMA fighter beat someone to death? Absolutely, Boxing and Muay Thai are extremely effective martial arts. Would I pit them up against someone who practices actual Muay Thai? No.

Why doesn't Jaa do more shit?

>western celebs don't shill for our governments
If you want to be successful, yoi have to suck everyone's dick. Being this retarded is why the white race is dying. B4 saying you aren't white. Everyone is white on Sup Forums.

Too bad MMA movies are all garbage.

wew lad
This is the kind of guy who argues that "kung fu really works guys, my sensei says so"

>Boxing and Muay Thai are extremely effective martial arts.

They're both worthless in a serious fight if you can't grapple.

poor english

>going to the ground in a real fight
Enjoy getting blindsided by his buddy.

>serious fight
>grapple
search online for street fights and see how many of them involve grappling

Kek you've never been in a fight in your life stop talking

I'm not even arguing Kung Fu at this point. I'm arguing simple logistics, which you faggots seem unable to grasp. You want to pit propped-up celebrity "fighters" against a KGB agent using Systema? Go ahead. How about a Ranger using LINE? You know, the CQC that was TOO LETHAL for the damn military. I'm glad your /fit/ gymrat hugbox tells you your wierd MMA obsession and totally normal homosexual dreams about GSP mean that UFC is the greatest form of human combat, but don't expect that shit to show up in the real world.
I'm trying to throw you a bone here, you ignorant nigger-kin. Boxing and Muay Thai were used for generations in life-or-death fights by their respective countries, and were very good at what they were for. Grappling has its place, but its not "the end of every fight".