Was it really that bad?

Was it really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9BL59uiAz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was pretty boring desu

But I was never a massive fan of D.C. In he first place

Director's Cut is considerably better, but it's still not perfect. The whole thing reeks of studio interference.

>Normies hate it
good

It was capekino of the year

I loved it so much to be honest.
Not even memeing.

>Was it really that bad?
Was it that bad to warrant a 27% on RT? No. To be fair the Ultimate Edition version should have been the one to release in theaters which could have significantly changed the tide of reviews. It's certainly better than most Marvel films these days

It should have just been a Batman solo film

Same. I'm glad someone else just straight out says it.

Truth be told, I recommend it a lot to myfriends and some work companions, and I recommend multiple viewings too. I haven't heard a single bad feedback, sure some say problems with pacing and all that, but they actually liked the movie.

I don't know of anyone, personally, who didn't like it after watching it, even the theatrical cut.

It's certainly the best superhero film I've seen.

>the Ultimate Edition version should have been the one to release in theaters
this

I just watched it and was upset by the casting, and superman's hairline.

Jewface teenager as lex luther. Anorexic woman as wonder woman. I don't like Alfred's casting either.

It wasn't bad for batman and superman, only for straight people

Memes aside, it has a lot of great and memorable scenes and moments, but its counter balanced by a lot of the dumb shit
>mad max batman dream
>the email scene

And wasted opportunities
>superman in court could be a potentially Powerful scene, but they skip it and just bomb the place

>mfw the only negative things about BvS was shoehorned Doomsday and Wonder Woman
>everything else was kino and engaging to watch
Why did Snyder have to keep jerking his cock after he came several times?

See you in three (3) days, kid!

Yes

So batman v superman is good, but Dawn of justice sucks?

I think Doomsday was necessary to be honest, the movie was all about Lex Luthor and in the end his plan worked, he won, the damage has been done and it really showed some planning skills on him, he just went wrong on a little detail.

I've seen the movie way too many times, I have it practically seared into my memory.

mediocre

>6.7/10 audience score
Vox populi vox dei

I know too many autists who will shit on it with no validation or any reason that they themselves have found. They just spit cinemasins quotes. One of these autists believe that deadpool is the best movie ever made.

>mfw I literally know no one who dislikes this movie, even my gf enjoyed it and she hates capeshit
>mfw when they gave it like 7 razzies everybody I knew called bullshit
>mfw in internet everyone thinks it's some crime against humanity
It happened just the same thing with Trump, tbqh

>clear studio interference
>shoehorned wonder woman
>doomsday should have been saved for separate film
>grimdark batman fits but grimdark superman!?!?
>casting mark zuckerberg as lex luthor

Basically it's throw everything at the wall and hope a good movie comes out.

Tonally it's all over the place. Worst depiction of superman yet and that's including superman returns.

It's a cutting room mess. A clear example of too many cooks.

I really can't see how this could get more razzies than ghostbusters and id42, or suicide squad

nah, the mods like gay batman. Who doesn't?

I've fucking had it with cinemasins man.

In their intro video they explain that their sins have no real value and you shouldn't take them seriously, but they do take themselves seriously by making videos like their B&S one and getting genuinely angry, BUT, if you say they're wrong by omitting information, nitpicking, or just misinterpreting they come out and say "it's for fun", yet they expect their fans to grab their opinions.

Yes

People hate what they don't understand.

>So batman v superman is good, but Dawn of justice sucks?
Exactly, The Martha scene wasn't even that bad if it's not skimmed over so quickly by normies. Hell hating the DCEU at this point is a normie meme. Guarantee you WW will get around the same score, if not a 6/7 out of 10

Lex should have created Metallo. Not only would it have been a better twist since Superman's survived against him numerous times, but the action with Batman would have been better with him being able to go face to face with a kryptonite based villain

It was better than Civil War at very least

PLEBBB

It's a pleb filter so of course it gets low ratings.

>Metallo
This, it should've been wheelchair guy too

>audience score notoriously higher than critic score in three DCEU movies out three so far
But what did they shill by this?

Yeah

You can see they wanted to go with Metallo, hence the kryptonite lab scene with the doctor.

I think the point of the movie was to go with Superman's death, it was the direction they took and well, who better to kill him than an actual demon from kryptonian mythology?

it was shit

It had some good ideas that were handled in the worst way possible. The "Martha" moment could have worked really well, but how the editing (or maybe it was like that in the original script itself) handled it it just came off as ridiculous and seemingly out of nowhere (just like Lois Lane's appearance), or the bizarre characterization for Luthor, the whole dream sequence, the WW subplot and final showdown. At its core it's a good film, but it was clearly weighed down by studio meddling (who are clearly desperate to get their own "Cinematic Universe" started) and poor editing.
Also, I hate Cavill's Superman, and not because "not muh Supes", because I think he is a terrible actor and he is fucking balding

I fell asleep around the point where Batman beat up Superman and went to sleep.
I felt so cheated.

It's like a 8/10 movie for two acts and then a 2/10 final one. I understand why shills are so scared of this flick, they were really close to hit gold

too bad the last 2/10 part was THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MOVIE
if you make a batman v superman movie, and the batman v superman fight is the shittiest part you have a shitty movie.

Goyer said, time and time again, that the point of calling it Batman v Superman, instead of Batman vs Superman was that it's a more moral approach to events, kinda like court cases are presented as The People v Albert Ross or something like that.

It's more like some scenes are 10/10, but for every one of them there is a terrible 1/10 moment and the whole thing does indeed fall apart after the Batman versus Superman showdown, so in the end it averages as a mediocre movie.
What the fuck was Snyder thinking when he cam up with the Doomsday shit, the movie already had a climax, why keep jerking it with a shit CGI monster and Gal Gadot's horrid WW?
The fight was great, it's everything that comes after that is pure, unadulterated shit

>the whole thing does indeed fall apart after the Batman versus Superman showdown

But the best live-action Batman fight scene ever filmed comes after that showdown.

But the Doomsday fight was shit

Alright this may be taken as fanfiction, but after watching the film many times, I finally understood the reason Doomsday was made.

Lex wanted to make his own Justice League, that's why he researched about metahumans and even gave them logos, his entire plan was to get Superman to kill Batman, so that Superman would have to fight Doomsday for a while, considering that neither of them could outright kill each other, he could have time to gather his Justice League and let Doomsday kil Superman, let his League beat Doomsday and THEN he could get the acclaim, or the praise that Superman got. Remember that Luthor's motivation is envy.

He never really expected Batman to have a moment where he would see Superman as a human, he worked for 2 years to make sure his rage blinded him, and he never expected Superman to have hope in Batman caring for what he has to say, he made sure of it too.

Feel free to bash all you like, that's how I think of the entire movie.

Then you should have said that "the whole thing does indeed fall apart after Batman saves Martha".

It fails to have good action sequences.
It fails to have good characters.
It fails to have a coherent plot.
It has the worst music of any DC movie.
And it's pretentious.

They really have to reach and make Batman and Superman behave in bizarre ways in order to justify the conflict between them. Jesse Eisenberg's performance is about as bad as that Smells like Teen Spirit scene from Pan.

The batmobile chase and the final fight with Doomsday were both painful to watch. You would think when you make something 100% CGI with completely control over all the smoke and fire you'd be able to make something visible. I still don't get why the hell Doomsday was "exploding" with electricity or whatever and what purpose it served over than making a bunch of smoke and lightning on the screen.

>too bad the last 2/10 part was THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MOVIE
>the batman v superman fight is the shittiest part
No user, everything goes down hill after the warehouse scene, and the minute Superman confronts Doomsday. The fight between Batman and Superman was fine

Yeah, my bad, the "Martha..." scene was so bad (I know what it was trying to do, but it was handled so poorly it ended up being comical) that I mentally set the cutting point between "mixed part of the movie" and "shit part of the movie" there.

>What the fuck was Snyder thinking when he cam up with the Doomsday shit, the movie already had a climax, why keep jerking it with a shit CGI monster and Gal Gadot's horrid WW?
Literally don't know. The Death of Superman was a piece of shit in the comics too, one of the worst examples of edgelord EXXXTREME 90s that almost destroyed the whole industry.

In the end it all comes down to source material and Marvel has advantage there because, ironically, their source material is shit. They got it right, just call the movie like the comic but don't give a fuck about what the comic is about. It's easy for them since most of marlel comics is trash and they are Disney so they will never touch Born Again or the other few decent ones they have because of the edge.

It has the best action scenes and music in any capeshit to date wtf are you on about

youtube.com/watch?v=z9BL59uiAz8

>I still don't get why the hell Doomsday was "exploding" with electricity or whatever and what purpose it served
He can essentially do this in the comics, it was just presented in a retarded fashion.

It should have been blue electricity not red

>It has the best action scenes and music in any capeshit
Not really an achievement, given that the bar before that was set by Marvel's shit. A lot of the action scenes felt pointless, including the Bats vs Supes fight, because the movie does a terrible job at making you sympathize with the characters, and even the good directing and choreography can't overcome the sheer lack of emotional stakes most fights have. The only great action scene in there is the warehouse one, because there actually is some clear stake and some emotional involvement

Unlike most superhero movies, the script had some very interesting ideas relating Superman and Batman with real themes and issues. The vs. thing was more of a moral and maybe even philosophical thing than a physical or even emotional matter.
Now, add a retard like Snyder directing and a shitload of studio meddling and you get the shit movie that it turned out to be. There are a few good scenes scattered throughout but it's mostly shit.

There's a lot I like about it. But it has some incomprehensible plotting.

I still don't figure why Woman Woman was in this at all besides to give her a quick start into the DCEU (anybody care to explain her significance in this film?)

Also Lex's plan is pants on head. Okay he doesn't like supes because inferiority and what not so he gets Bats to duel him. Okay fine. But then the Doomsday out of a nowhere why? If Lex had inferior human complex due to Supes, surely he'd have them worse with an unstoppable Doomsday rampaging.

That would have been cool if it was actually explained, and if the whole Justice League stuff wasn't just the studio trying to boot the DCCU as fast as possible because they are absolute retards that shouldn't be in charge of a hot-dog stand, let alone a multibillion franchise

I sort of agree with this, I think Lex's main goal was to become the Superman himself. He still could get the kryptonine and he knew everything about the rest of the metahumans. Without Batman or Superman, the only person on earth having a chance to defeat Doomsday was him

I mean... I'm sure they wanted to get the DCEU going as fast as possible, but you as a writer can make a plot that gets it going.

It's not something that's been confirmed though, just my thoughts, and I'm fine with a little ambiguity giving room for ideas.

>I mean... I'm sure they wanted to get the DCEU going as fast as possible, but you as a writer can make a plot that gets it going.
I have no evidence, but I'm sure that scene was a post-production shoot added just before the cinematic cut was finished

What scene?

>this may be taken as fanfiction
>Lex was planning his own Justice League
I don't buy that. Makes more sense to me that he was monitoring them out of curiosity paranoia.

Sure you can think that, but I think he wanted to make a Justice League and take the Lex brand to a whole new level, because he gave them codenames and symbols.

The one where Batman checks out the Justice League™ trailers.

>If Lex had inferior human complex due to Supes, surely he'd have them worse with an unstoppable Doomsday rampaging.
just my 2 cents, but i feel like the whole doomsday thing was lex trying to "create God" in a sense. ;ike when he says
>now God bows to me
he wants to feel superior to him, what better way than to literally create a god

>gave them codenames and symbols
Or he did this for sake of study. Before you study something you have to name it.

>Was it really that bad?
>discussed a year after
>daily shill smear threads while there are way easier targets like Suicide Squad
Obviously not

Yeah I'm sure the trailers were added in post production, but the metahuman folders were most definitely part of the plot.

If that's what you think man, more power to you.

the problem with the Frankenstein theory is, well, that this Frankenstein can level cities. Lex is basically shooting himself. So much for stealing fire from the gods and giving it to the people.

Lex from the original Superman continuity portrayed this theme better.

>metahumans
The metahumans scene made me want an SCP movie.

Snyder keeps trying to shoot super iconic, super cool moments, but he doesn't have the chops for the rest of the movie that's supposed to build up to and inform those super cool moments. There are still a few in there. Bruce Wayne running into the dust cloud comes to mind and was well done, but there are so many other shit scenes, like Superman's "heroic" montage.

Also, the plotting and editing is fuckawful. It cuts to like 7 different locations in the first 20 minutes of the movie. Some things still don't make sense to me; like why in the world is the Bat Brand even a thing? Like why would anyone believe that Batman branding criminals would cause other criminals to kill them? People tell me the special edition leaves in scenes where it's explained that Lex is paying people to kill those branded criminals, but the logic behind the public even buying that is fucking retarded. There's a couple of other things like that, like Batman's cyclical White Portuguese mystery where he learns about it through Lex Corp and then tracks it back to Lex Corp to figure out more stuff about it, but it makes the movie seem very, very dumb.

And the actors, aside from Affleck and Irons, are all charisma vacuums with no chemistry with each other. I don't put all the blame on Cavill for being bad because he was clearly directed to just be a pretty guy who never emotes ever.

And to address the special edition, needed an extra like hour of content to explain the shit in this already bloated mess is just terrible.

It was a mess of a movie and I still don't know why Sup Forums memes about it being some misunderstood masterpiece. I think it's the Sup Forums crossposters whose only experience with movies are superhero films so they pick the off-kilter one to laud because it's contrarian.

The greatest piece of cinema in the history of cinema. Uneducated plebeians hate what they don't understand. BvS is a work of art that will surpass the test of time and as a man of intellect I hope the general populace will be intelligent enough to appreciate it.

Wonder Woman was there because she was investigating metas. Did you guys forget to watch Man of Steel when two metas destroyed a city? And Lex was just being a mad scientist. This isn't that hard you guys.

It's a masterpiece and the best cape to date.

When Red Letter Media talks about the car chase in Attack of the Clones having cartoon physics and robbing the scene of any sort of tension, Sup Forums smiles and nods.

When Batman vs Superman has a car chase with cartoon physics robbing the scene of any tension, Sup Forums defends it.

I guess you need Red Letter Media to explain it for you.

RLM hated BvS

RLM are certified disney shills who said Rey from TFA was a well written character, I swear to God they said that. The car chase was great

I dunno, they have been pretty vocal about being tired of all the endless sequels and spin offs and prequels Disney are pushing out. They also hated RO, I think that them liking TFA was just them falling for the hype.
Still, caring that much about what some Internet entertainers think is stupid

>Still, caring that much about what some Internet entertainers think is stupid
This first and foremost, but still I was hyped for TFA and I could the derivative nostalgia pandering trash it was.

No and neither was Suicide Squad. Seriously, what the fuck how do people enjoy most capeshits hell most action blockbusters but not Suicide Squad?

It was worse.

I really liked the UE. I don't think it was bad but I do think it wasn't for the audience it was aimed for.

Well memed I am sure you'll fit in nicely

I don't know how people watched those trailers, say they loved them and then absolutely trash the movie, I think the trailers set the tone of how the movie was going to be and what it was going to be about perfectly.

You only need to see the absurd amount of fan art this movie has compared to other capeshits. That's what we call "cultural relevance"

Lying about having a girlfriend doesn't make your lie about people liking BVS more believable.

I didn't have a problem with the tone, I have a problem with the writing, acting and editing

I enjoyed it.

Lex was embarrassing tho.

Those are official posters

except for Batman, yes

>be Snyder
>be shit director
>get popular by making mass-appeal shit
>hide entry-level themes and symbols behind first year film school cinematography
>critics and devoted audience members see right through this for the shit it is
>doesn't matter, subject matter alone draws in enough of an audience to make a profit
>keep getting work because of this and wife

Only if you are a sheeple.

No, it wasn't. Not KINO either. IMDb got it right

It could have been a good film but there is too much stupid shit going on, most of which has to do with the fact that this was supposed to be a jumping off point for their DCEU. Even the name, Dawn of Justice, makes no fucking sense unless you go into this movie knowing what it's setting up for. The word Justice League never comes out of anyone's mouths. If you know nothing about Wonder Women, her presence in this film is just baffling and unexplained. That's not even counting the fact that it feels like the DCEU is pre-emptively blowing it's load by having what should be an exciting match-up the first thing to occur. It doesn't work because we are just barely introduced to this new Batman. Why did he hang up the cowl? What happened to Robin? Are all these things related and have anything to do with his hated of Superman? We don't know, and we'll find out in the standalone Batman movie. Introducing a character first so that audience can understand the context and motivation behind their actions is screenwriting 1 oh fucking 1.
I don't understand Lois Lane's prominence in this film. Batman, being a detective, could have easily been the one investigating the incidents with Superman.
I will give this to DC. The reason this was a crappy film was partly because it took risks with certain aspects. Marvel has at this point settled for consistency with their films, and this means films that are mostly boring and filled with quips as the replacement for humour. However, if DC really does want their films to be this alternate, slightly edgy take on capeshit then corporate needs to stop meddling with the films. You don't hire interesting or autuer-like directors to then dictate how the movie should be (and yes, I know that Snyder is mostly shitty, but he does have a style). Hire someone that's willing to do whatever you say for a paycheck if that's the case.

Jesus fuck, sorry anons, I'll remember to put spaces between separate paragraphs next time.

Are you seriously comparing Batman v Superman to the Thing

I personally like the Doomsday choice but only because they made him a resurrected Zod too, so it had this level of Superman answering for the destruction from the Zod fight.

me too

They are both cult movies hated by critics, it's a fair comparision

The Martha thing was definitely set up fine, they even made it his dad's last words and constantly showed him haunted by his Wayne legacy. And Lois Lane was set up by Flash telling Batman she was the key. She ended up explaining what Superman meant by Martha and that made him chill the fuck out.

The dream sequence is also fine, its showing us Batman's worst possible fears of Superman, which is then contrasted by the following scene of Clark looking at reports of the Bat-branded criminals being killed in prison, which is in turn Superman's worst fear about Batman (that he become judge, jury, and executioner).