Just curious

just curious

does Sup Forums like the twilight zone?

what episode is your favorite?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q2IH-LWGeNQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Night_(The_Twilight_Zone)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nightmare at 20,000ft

ITS A COOKBOOK

I do, the one where the guy thinks he's in heaven, but its actually hell. Best reveal.

Rod Serling is jew. Free pass?

The first one.
When I realized their first broadcast was in 1959 and we landed on the moon 10 years later in 1969

The Howling man and Five Characters in Search of Exit are god tier

Kek. Probably To Serve Man, Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up, and that one with the couple who are acually being controlled by the little alien girl. I honestly love the Twilight Zone. Top tier TV

I like the one where he wanders around the empty town only to reveal at the end he was in an isolation chamber as an experiment. Then he monologues to the moon. Its the one I remember best from growing up though it isn't close to a great episode.

The one with the Burgess Merideth reading books and he survives the apocalypse only to break his reading glasses.

I love it.
I think my favorite is the one with the writer who can make things real.

Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?

Personally, I like Night Gallery better. It's better fitting of Serling's quality and every episode doesn't have the stupid twist shtick. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be either the one where the airforce guy is in an abandoned town (but not really) or the one where the 19th-century caravaneer goes searching for water and ends up in the 1950's.

That was a real mind fuck. Up there with the one where the guy believes he is the person he is acting in a script

I love the twilight zone, fav episode would probably be "eye of the beholder"

the one where sulu tries to kill a war vet was pretty interesting. kinda forget what happens, but it was interesting

I liked the second episode. Where the guy goes back to his hometown and finds everything the same as it was when he was a child.

The moral ends up being to stop living in the past and forge ahead to the future.

Eye of the Beholder is preddy gud. The one with the glove cleaner is pretty good also.

you know, i really have to watch that Button episode tonight. im wondering if they press it...

The Adolf Hitler one. Pretty spooky as a kid when my grandfather showed it to me

I love that one.

I love The Twlight Zone. It is one of my favorite shows of all time. I use to watch it as a kid with my mom. Off the top of my head my favorite episodes are the Howling Man, The Old Man in the Cave, and One For the Angels.

fuck me if i cant remember any of the episodes names. theres one i remember watching with my dad. it was about a business guy who sits around a room, spaces out, does something in an alternate reality, and comes back to the present but the present has changed.

it's like around a fireplace, some cigar smokings, i think dinner. damn it.

One of my favorite shows of all time.

Best episode is The Obsolete Man (1961 I think?) IMO

The civil war one made me cry.

I like the episode where everyone believes a nuke is about to hit them and all turn on the guy they always picked on for building a bomb shelter.

Pip

casual answer
good answer
Sup Forums answer
god tier choice

my fav was when the pitch man had to stall the angel of death to save a little girl

that sounds like a fun one. damn, im gonna grab a fast food tonight and stream some twilight zone

>You have to renounce God to win the war.
>The Confederate refuses to do so.

Worst Episodes?

Mine would be the santa clause one, the one where the guy has an african curse on him, and the one with the girl in the train station

The Obsolete Man.
>There is a God
>The state has proven there is no God
>I'm not obsolete I'm a human being!
>You're a librarian Mr Wordsworth

There is a couple of episodes where someone goes into an alternate reality and then comes back to a different world. But, I can't think of an episode that fits those descriptions precisely.

>Up there, Mr. Bookman. You made it.
Pretty good ending.

That episode is One For the Angels, user. It's one my favorites as well.

>The Obsolete Man
that shit is poetry. And yes I love the twilight zone

I remember that one, it was the opposite - he wanted them to beg to stay in his shelter, but they instead were like "No, you were a dick and you're still a dick, I'd rather die with people I like."

I forget the name but I think it's at the end of the first season or start of the second.

Words, Mr Wordsworth, that have no substance, no meaning!

offtopic horse shit

reported and saged

I prefer outer limits.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F2WWcB3bbI

Nah dude, they get a ram and knock down the door. Didn't end like that at all, it ended with them immediately wanting to plan a party and he scolds them for learning nothing.

There were multiple episodes with shelters. The one that other user was talking about dealt with an air raid siren going off and everyone destroying his shelter to get into it. Then at the end they realize it was just a drill, but the damage to society was already done.

Whole show's pretty great, but these little assholes somehow always fill me with legitimate cold-sweat anxiety.

literally my favorite show
favorite episode is probably the robert duvall asteroid prison robot women one

How would you describe the Twlight Zone's type of horror? It's not really "horror" in the traditional sense. It's almost like an uncanny feeling that something is off.

Rod Serling may have been Jewish but he demonstrated ethical foundations. The new Outer Limits was straight up superficial and (((Jewish))).

Ohh right, my mistake
I remember that one now

>the robert duvall asteroid prison robot women one
Robert Duvall wasn't in that one. Guy sure looked like him though.

Kafkaesque.

No, of course I don't fucking like Twilight.

Some kike shit in that show, like the one where there's an SS officer that goes into the old concentration camp and he's just the most extreme caricature.

I like "Beauty of the Beholder" because it's got some cool aesthetics, even if it's a pleb message - shit, it's a really cool show but it's been ages - I've seen to fucking many of them from them not to be a blur. Love them all.

Duvall was in the one with the doll house

more like

The Cucklight Zone

Surrealism

>You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas; you've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

Best opening narration. Prove me wrong.
>Protip: YOU CAN'T.

Or the one with the U-boat captain that gets stuck on a merchant ship and he keeps telling everyone it's going to sink but no one believes him and it turns out he's in hell, forever to relive getting sunk by himself.

you're a bad man user
a very bad man

Not Twilight zone, but similar show:
youtube.com/watch?v=q2IH-LWGeNQ

OBSOLETE OBSOLETE OBSOLETE OBSOLETE

FACE THE CAMERAS!!!! YOU DON'T WANT TO DENY THEM A SHOW!!!!

Monsters are Due on Maple Street, Time Enough at Last, Death's Head Revisited (Sup Forums's favorite)

Glad to see some love for 'One for the Angels'. Easily one of my favorites.
I used to watch the Scifi new year's marathon every year.

stop making fucking slide threads then

Will the real Martian please stand up is GOAT

night gallery for me is very hit-and-miss. Some episodes are very predictable, or just plain boring. Others have lots of suspense and spookiness.

The episode where its an alien planet and the are getting cosmetic surgery to look more like the aliens. Where the message is beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That shit blew my 10 year old mind.

Is it this one? Mixed up the show, perhaps. Never seen it.

Amazing show. Lot of great episodes mentioned.
Some personal favorites not yet mentioned..

>Hocus-Pocus and Frisby
>The Last Rites of Jeff Myrtlebank
>Nothing in the Dark
>The Silence

What's the episode where the grandma does and talks to her grandson through a phone and tries to convince him to kill himself to be with her? That shit still gives me chills

Those first few seasons are the pinnacle of classic black and white TV programming. The variety, the stars, the writing, the twists. Nothing else even comes close.

>Death's Head Revisited

That's the one. The guy's a fucking caricature and a half!

>Some episodes are very predictable, or just plain boring
Nigger, EVERY episode of the Twilight Zone is predictable.

Nah.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Night_(The_Twilight_Zone)

>Star Trek OG or TNG

You can't beat these

best episode

Unfortunately it was episode 74, and the popularity of the Twilight Zone was getting it attention. CBS wanted to axe the show multiple times and Serling refused to compromise on what he wanted to show.

I hate to say it, but this show demonstrates a lot of executive meddling. It's no surprise Serling left on bad terms with CBS.

YOU ARE OBSOLETE!!!!!!!!!!

They don't act anymore. Those people on Twilight Zone were actors in the truest sense of the word.

THIS.

Best episode. Id like to take a moment to thank my old roommate for introducing me to this episode AND Sup Forums

seconded

someones mad his "rly maks u thenk" thread didnt take off

Twilight Zone is GOAT

favorite episode i guess is
>6 Characters in Search of an Exit

I pray for the day it becomes a bannable offense.

Fuck, this thread has me wanting to watch some Twilight Zone. Wonder if it's still on Netflix...

I have been watching it from the start on Netflix since a few weeks ago in my free time. Favorite episode might be where the guy is convinced that this brotherhood is keeping a prisoner and they keep telling him it's the Devil, then the obvious occurs. Pretty cool.

Is that the one where the they're all dolls in a bin?

I once heard something that was completely true and made me sad. Can't remember who said it:
>You couldn't make twilight zone today because no one wants to watch a show about being a good person.

Five, broski. It was a good episode, though.

this

fucking top tier

the little kid who controls his town and kills with his mind is bretty gud

>I DON'T THINK YOU LIKE ME!!!
>YOU GET TO THE CORNFIELD!!

[spoiler] yes [/spoiler]

fuck you, twilight zone is fucking great

You don't have to spoil a 50 year old show, dude. Taht one is fucking great though.

it is
something to do while you wait for the next season of black in the new orange you faggot

Kill yourself Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen was the best part about twilight

he realized how dumb his character and the story was and played it that way

Nick of Time was a good one too.

The Monsters on Elm Street
Shit had me on the edge of my seat when I first watched it

Monsters are Due on Maple Street is definitely one of my favorites.

Did kick the can episode make anyone else cry like a bitch?

Para-phrasing, he said, "I'm playing a 100 year old virgin. That's the only way to act this."

Five Characters in Search of an Exit

that Ballerina chick is so fucking hot

Holy fucking shit the cornfield episode. That was a real /r9k/ tier episode