Why would you remake a pretty much flawless film?

Why would you remake a pretty much flawless film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HVrGMnk5E_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Money.

Black Jesus

are the wachowski trannies involved?

WE

>Michael B. Jordan
>Not overrated

WUZ

>Matrix without Keanu or fishburne

>John wick/2 kills at theater

>Point Break remake dies a horrible death

I think I know where this is going, the way of f4 2015

There's a sex scene in the movie between them and nigganeo.

It will bomb. You don't just remake one of the most iconic movies and get away with it.

Now that i think about it, what happened with Creed 2?

HACKUZ

yes they can. Every iconic movies get remake'd these past 5 years

and like ghost busters, theyan just play the victim card if people hate. "oh SO YOU'RE RACIST NOW? IS THAT WHAT IT IS ?"

I'm so fucking tired of the " Science/hacker guy HAS to be a nignog" in every fucking movie it's so forced and cringey

Wow I can't wait for this SJW propaganda tranny piece of shit reboot. Just because the directors are incapable of doing anything successful that isn't the matrix.

>Neogger
Fuck you.

to be fair Neo was originally going to be played by Will Smith

that's retarded. it's like remaking lord of the rings.

Shhh... They're listening

That is completely irrelevant because he wasn't played by Will Smith and everyone associates the role with Keanu.

DON'T. EVEN. SAY. IT.

>Why it's time to make the fellowship all female.

fuck

The Matrix was a SJW-fest before we could even comprehend it

>Ruling class is made up of machine-like white men
>Main resistance is made of PoCs and LGBTQF literal Social Justice Warriors (Switch was supposed to be trans but it was 1999 and they couldn't get away with it then)
>Neo is a hafu with a plain, white name (Thomas Anderson) who has to die to become what he really is
>The Matrix is a presumably cultureless world while Zion is tribal and "cultured"
>Only good white character in the first movie is a woman in BDSM gear
>Only knowledgeable good machine is a Wise Black Queen

>Whole series ends with a zillion white dudes blowing up so that Wise Black Queen and Poo in Loo can rule the Matrix while Old White Guy sits back and does nothing

>Why Frodo and Sam were always gay and why their sex scene is such an important message in Trump's America

to change that last hideous green screen sequence holy shit was that terrible

Matrix is so good because every actor was literally perfect cast. Fucking Will Smith would be shitty Neo.
Did you see him in I, Robot? Wachowski faggots literally dodged a bullet with this one.

Just wait for the franchise to be bought by Disney....Clock is ticking....

The movie was really about them running away from the responsibilities of a heterosexual marriage. They were destroying a wedding ring and the villain was a flaming vagina.

Niggers, SJW and the rest are today's fashists.
White men are jews of today.
Are you ready for hall of cost, user?
What will you do? Where will you go?
Where's white race's Israel?

Melkor: A Silmarillion story could be pretty cool.

this is still one of the best trailers ever

youtube.com/watch?v=HVrGMnk5E_M

I was waiting for this to happen. Anxiously waiting.

I was surprised to see the entire Matrix franchise just vanishing. Matrix was big, some called it a phenomenon equal to what Star Wars once was. Yet, there was almost nothing Matrix-related after the release-time of the two sequels. Two video games is all I can remember. No TV show, kids cartoon, TV series, Animatrix 2, Prequel, Documentary... nothing!

Was the matrix the only film laurence burntfish doesn't suck in? I can't imagine anyone else in the role of morpheus

I wasn't surprised to see it go. The second and third movies were heavily criticized for being shitty right off the bat.

No a film but he was great in Hamnibal.

Is WB interested in making money or not? Why are they going the Sony route? First an all-female oceans remake and now this? Jesus.

apocalypse now

>I wasn't surprised to see it go. The second and third movies were heavily criticized for being shitty right off the bat.

That is true, but critics disliking a movie usually doesn't affect how viable a franchise can be. The Alien franchise had quite a few stinkers, yet the franchise is pretty much alive. And even if you can't risk pumping big loads of money into a big-scale Matrix production, you could still earn some money from Matrix fans by doing some comics or something.
Are there Matrix comics? Were there ever any Matrix comics? I honestly don't know.

Will Smith was originally intended to play Neo so this casting doesn't surprise me.

I like MBJ as an actor so I welcome this.

Kek

If you're talking about the black Neo, it's a safety net. They know a remake of such a popular movie will get a ton of backlash and casting a black actor gives them the ability to deflect criticism and pretend it's just evil white racists who hate the movie. It's unfortunately become a very popular marketing strategy to politicize movies, in the hopes of regular audiences seeing the online shitflinging and going "well I'M not a racist/sexist, so I better go watch it."

>re-watch lord of the rings
>9 rings were given to the race of men
>they're all white

Ohh ho hoho! Oh my. That's not allowed!

Forgot about that. The role wasn't all that demanding though

I'M GONNA VOMIT

still it was a great kickstart, he was 16 there iirc
why remake it though? whole matrix universe leaves tons of unexplained stuff, I'd rather see more about real world or stuff that happened after neo than another pointless reboot. 4th movie is basically a win win and they can cast anyone. it's like the want to piss off people who liked the original

AYO MR JACKSON HOL UP

DODGE THIS

>paying money to virtue signal
If this is the case, normies have gone full retard

>why remake it though?

The kikes won't rest until all white male hero characters have been destroyed.

It's not just normies. Once this movie makes its budget back, you'll see hundreds of threads on Sup Forums going "Sup Forums BTFO HAHAHA TAKE THAT RACISTS!"

It's kinda hard to blame corporations for these sleazy marketing strategies when people are this fucking easy to manipulate.

>first matrix high testosterone action film
>second film both directors had their balls cut off and take estrogen

really makes you think

*smacks lips*

AYO HOL' UP

SO YOU IZ SAYIN'... THERE BE NO SPOON?
SHEEEEEEEIT

Trinity is still a white woman right?

We have entered a very dark age of kino. It will all have started in 2014. The age of remakes is upon us. This year we have Beauty and the Beast and Lion King alone. 2 classic films that are only being remade to fatten the hog. Sickening to be true.

Well, at least with those movies you can kind of understand the reasoning. They take classic animated movies and make them into live action / cgi. Even if you hate it, you can't deny that it is adding a very different look and style to those movies, so they feel different yet familiar. The Matrix remake is way worse as it adds absolutely nothing.

Guaranteed flop.

No I disagree, I don't think CGI is any different than animation. Nothing new is being done except for Emma Watson's performance.

>actress reacts to cgi: the movie.
This is how all the Disney "live action" remakes will go down.

Neo was originally supposed to be black anyway since the Wachowskis wanted to hire Will Smith first before approaching Keanu Reeves.

>sheeeiii gandalf , u sayin we need to throw this ring in lava or somethin??!

they all turn evil so of course it's allowed

Lupita Nyong'o as Trinity
Idris Elba as Agent Smith

And debuting Marish Kalakanesh as the beautiful trans Muslim Morpheus!

and which succeed?
The thing?
Total Recall?
Ghostbusters?

Maybe Evil Dead, but only bc it was made by the original creators

Why does it need a remake?

Its a modern movie with completely adequate effects.

Wallace?

The Thing wasn't a remake, it was a prequel

The remake won't just bomb because of the pandering, it'll bomb because the premise of the matrix isn't even vaguely fresh or clever anymore.

Without that novelty it's got nothing going for it.

>Lupita Nyong'o as Trinity
you wish. it would be bearable if everybody wold be black, would be just a niggmovie, but it will be Elle Fanning or some snowhite like her

Matrix is definitely not without it's flaws.

Call it a prequel if you want, but it was a remake and you know it.

Yeah, seriously. Most iconic remakes are made decades after the original, like Scarface

Franchise reboot made by the
>Warner bros
who are so great making franchises, like we see it in the DCEU ?

WHERE THE FUCK NEO AT HUH?

WHERE THE FUCK HE AT STRING?!

texas

To cynically place another "person of colour" in an iconic lead role

Why else?

Bet they make Morpheus a cross dressing faggot too

It worked with Robocop....

The only acceptable version of this with a nigger lead is the story of how Morpheus was freed from the matrix.

>Mista Anderson, what you up to, my nigga?

reloaded had way more action than the first film

This is far too smart of an idea and I'd probably actually watch it.

Was Will smith white all along? He is one of the biggest action stars of all time yet people claim that there is some kind of racist disposition and people don't want to see blacks on their big screens, now all the fucking racially sensitive casting instead of concentrating on the quality of the story.

That being said some of the best cinema of all time is coming out even with all the insanity going on so I guess only the blockbusters will become unwatchable for about a decade or so.

as long as his love interest is black, i couldn't care less

No it didn't.

But only one of them made it out...

The Wachowski 'sisters' and gaggle of Hollyjew parasites attached this project are nowhere near that clever.

>in the end Frodo goes on an endless pleasure cruise while Sam is stuck with the beard and the unwanted kids
Damn, son.

it won't be

there would be outrage

the Wachowskis should have retained the rights and brought out a 20th-anniversary theatrical re-release with updates special effects. the CGI in the sequels is simply embarrassing by today's standards but with a decent George Lucas-ing I reckon they could have done for it what the alterations did for Blade Runner.

>implying

>Special effects aren't special anymore, so that's a major pull gone
>The original film had a legitimately perfect protagonist arc that they absolutely won't better

>this thread
>implying Keanu Reeves is white and not a half-Asian immortal demigod

Wait is for real a remake for the first movie or a 'reboot' in the sense 'same character => new storyline'

>mfw after the remake Warner Bros transitions to Warner Sisters

*Alimony bills evaded

Has he even been in anything good? Or anything that made tons of money? Is he anything more than a meme?

hahaha

> 'same character => new storyline'
You mean a sequel? No it isn't a sequel.

>we are losing money so we need to reboot an old movie that did good!
Why are they doing this

>implying the Wachowskis are involved in this project
they're on a different planet entirely to the rest of humankind, I doubt they even know this is happening

SO THIS MEME BECOMES REAL?