Was this the greatest, most altruistic thing Tony ever did?

Was this the greatest, most altruistic thing Tony ever did?

I think so, its either that or when he mercy killed Tony B

Saving his son from suicide is instant, he didn't want to kill above, it pained him.

AJ was a small guy it wasn't hard for Tony to save him

Before this thread gets full of memes I'd say hiring Meadows boyfriend out on the construction site

I can't think of much else without very overarching motives

Maybe some shit about trying to get Chrissy sober would be better.

>altruistic
he was in the water, not floating above ground

Shut up, Paulie

fuck off reddit

not killing the coach

admitting he is a fat crook with milfie, just like anybody else

Why are you even in this thread if you don't watch Sopranos?

That's a good one and it nearly killed him.

I've watched it more times than you can imagine reddit.

I don't think Tony really gave a shit about killing TonyB. He just wipes his nose and walks away.

Blundetto had become a pain and Tony could let go of his guilt if he no longer was around.

True, he may not have cared in the end, but don't you think mercy killing him rather than having him get tortured by Leotardo was a morally right and nice move?

Yeah I agree, but it is worth pointing out that it was for largely selfish reasons. Which is kinda not to do with altruism.

Well then, what is his most altruistic action?

Ducks

I think he definitely cared, I think he wrestled with the issue for some episodes beforehand, also that scene in his backyard where he's just reminiscing about them on the farm together

fuck off reddit

He killed him because he loved him

You first, cloister.

I don't think saving your son is unselfish. It would be weird not to save your own child. Especially since he didn't have to sacrifice anything to save him other than getting wet.

how about when he died
heh heh

fuck off reddit, go ruin another thread.

fuck off reddit

On the contrary, I think it was for more selfish reasons. The shame he would have of having a son that committed suicide amongst who he kept company with would have tarnished his reputation. In any scenes where the guys ask him about it, he quickly shuts them down, out of embarassment.

He basically jumped in as soon as he realised what was happening, like most parents would. It was a normal human reaction. I don't think much thought went in to it.