Doctor Who General - /who/ - The Madman Edition

Welcome to /who/, the Doctor Who General!

Good morning /who/, I hope you have a fantastic day!

Last General: Let me tell you a story, a canon one okay?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/841995982799794176
youtube.com/watch?v=mLAn2QfDCfE
mobile.twitter.com/blackcapchicka/status/842031778021928960
mobile.twitter.com/blackcapchicka/status/842033359576547328
telegraph.co.uk/women/life/jenna-coleman-on-playing-queen-victoria-we-certainly-dont-shy-aw/
twitter.com/Lyle_Morrence,
blackveilentertainment.org/
bigfinish.com/img/release/dwmr063_caerdroia_1417_cover_large.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the most red-pilled episode? I'd say either Aliens of London/World War 3 or The Long Game

Holy fuck. The "fans" on the Official Doctor Who FB fan page are calling Heaven Sent the worst episode of Who ever made.

>"Heaven sent was boring! Yes it was so repetitivie! I felt like screaming from the third time the doctor tried to break that barrier and then another head landed in the water. The only thing that kept my husband and I watching was picking out Harry Potter resemblances. I hated this episode with a passion".

>"Heaven Sent and the other one were both utter rubbish. It was a convoluted and ego driven attempt at being clever and arty and while I consider myself intelligent enough to get it - what I really want to see is a light, fun show that the whole family can sit down to. Not what we currently have which is aimed at teenage boys who should be getting out more!"

>"The RTD was the modern series at its prime it used to get 12 million viewers per episode these days it would be lucky to get 3 million."

>"Heaven Sent is boring and made no sense 55 Minute episode of The Doctor walking through corridors talking to himself I couldn't even finish it and I never turn of my TV when I'm watching Doctor Who even if it's a bad episode"

I despair. I really do.

>"The RTD was the modern series at its prime it used to get 12 million viewers per episode these days it would be lucky to get 3 million."
Are they wrong?

The Dominators

Nightmare in Silver

>The only thing that kept my husband and I watching was picking out Harry Potter resemblances.
>Harry Potter resemblances
>Heaven Sent and the other one
> convoluted and ego driven
>I consider myself intelligent enough to get it
>aimed at teenage boys who should be getting out more!
>Heaven Sent is boring and made no sense 55 Minute episode of The Doctor walking through corridors talking to himself

>tfw too intelligent to understand Heaven Sent and shitpost about it

HELL BENT FANS BTFO! WILL /WHO/ EVER RECOVER?

Yes. Average viewership (NOTE average) fell by about a million during series 9, but remained pretty stable before that. Series 8 had the highest episode average viewers (L+7 figures), followed by series 4.

what do you make of the title?

Was there really not anyone else besides CHRIS CHIBNALL to take over as head writer? Saying that I am enjoying Broadchurch 3, but they different shows.

Clara Calls No More

I want to say somebody, but I don't know. Being Human's later seasons proved that Toby Whithouse didn't know how to handle a show with a rotating cast. Mark Gatiss would just make the show a nostalgiafest where he schlicks off to Quatermass and Hammer Horror. Jamie Mathieson hasn't ran a show by himself yet, so he'd be too inexperienced. Who would actually be a good fit for showrunner?

No idea. They would be in trouble if Chris turned it down though.

>L+7

The show's actually doing better than ever! If you add in these viewers, and those viewers, and viewers who watched here and viewers who flicked past it there.

I wonder if they even asked Mark.

>15 replies
>8 posters

Give him a chance!

No, my plan is to hate the Chibnall era all the way through.

Even if Chibs befriended Miles and lured him in to write a bushel of episodes, /who/ would hate him.

Threadly reminder that this is Heather, Bill's girlfriend which one user disbelieves.

Trips are canon! GET HYPE

Any confirmed air time yet?

fucking confirmed

I hope he does get a fresh start. Whilr yes it is shite that Capaldi is already going it's best to let the new showrunner start fresh. Might even mean no annual Gatiss episode.

I'm unironically looking forward to the Chibnall era.

Anyone else look up videos of "Christmas 1965" in case The Feast of Steven is on the TV in the background?

What the funk was Briggs thinking with Mutant Phase's ending?

10 am and then repeated at midnight 3 months later

JUST

Briggs loves his Daleks!

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/841995982799794176

She is definitely retarded.

Wasn't she erased?

She was written back into the canon

I hope there'll be some new monsters this season, it's been long due

They're bringing back the Ice Warriors, classic cybermen, and the First Doctor.

the truth monks are kino

we can still use that capaldi pic
i was blocked so no one saw it
someone just use a new account and do it

what's she say?

>tfw the golden age is over soon
It went by so fast.

>The "fans" on the Official Doctor Who FB fan page are calling Heaven Sent the worst episode of Who ever made.
If normies doesn't like it, it's a token of quality

>tfw random girl in your class started to talk to you because we both like Doctor Who and you realise she loves you
>she's Tumblr incarnate

How do I get away now without hurting her like an autistic manchild?

is she hot?

No.

Mid twenty first century, humankind starts creeping off into the stars. T spreads its way through the galaxy to the v'ry edges of the univ'rse and t endures until the endeth of timeth. And t doest all yond because one day in the year 2049 at which hour t ceased bethinking about going to the stars, something did occur yond madeth t behold up, not down. T did look out th're into the blackness and t did see something quite quaint, something wond'rful, yond f'r once t didn’t wanteth to destroyeth. And in yond one moment the whole course of hist'ry wast hath changed. Not lacking valor f'r a wench from coal hill school … and h'r teachest'r.

Tell her you're gay.

I hath walked hence from the last most wondrous Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe and I gazed as time ranneth out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time. No space. Just me.

I hath walked in universes whither the laws of physics wast devised by the mind of a mad sir. I've gazed universes freeze and creations burn. I've seen things thee wouldn't believeth. I has't hath lost things thee wilt nev'r understandeth.

And I knoweth things. Secrets that must nev'r beest toldeth. Knowledge that wilt maketh parasite gods blaze. So cometh on, then. taketh t! taketh t all, baby! has't t! thou has't t all!

Reminder

>no fivey posts
LADS

>There's nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality
What did he mean by this?

So there is a Fappenning 2.0 happening today

all I want to know is...

Nudes of Jenna when?????

>So there is a Fappenning 2.0 happening today
stop lying

Mos are new monsters, Water Monster, Emoji Bots, that creepy wood girl, the giant eel thing, episode 5 monsters, and Truth Monks and the Eaters of light.

youtube.com/watch?v=mLAn2QfDCfE

What was meant by this???

Even though I love history I dread modern Doctor who historical's, they just turn into one giant gag, the Viking episode comes to mind, and the Robots of Sherwood and the Magician's apprentice, color blind casting aside, the problem with Doctor who historical is they don't take them seriously which is very sad.

but there is user, emma watson and some other cunt.

>shot of the Master on the floor
>"DJ's passed out in the yard"

kek

mobile.twitter.com/blackcapchicka/status/842031778021928960
What

hopefully never

respect women

mobile.twitter.com/blackcapchicka/status/842033359576547328

Peter Harness?

big if true

You're an idiot, Billy.

The best we'll ever get is The Room at the Top(less) ones.

Did she buy into that photo of Capaldi and Bradley?

JUST

Bill: Doctor what happened?

The Doctor: Change my dear, and it seems not a moment too soon.

telegraph.co.uk/women/life/jenna-coleman-on-playing-queen-victoria-we-certainly-dont-shy-aw/

>“So far, apart from a small scene in Room at the Top, I’ve never had a script that really required it. But nudity is part of life and I wouldn’t be particularly shy about it, as long as it honestly served the story.”

Think it's been deleted

Someone write a script that makes it serve the story.

pls.

Next Doctor coming through

I see the Doctor and 2 Nardole's.

I'm blocked. She didn't see it.
Someone needs to post it on a new account.

the "fuck you, we'll give you the Hollywood version" approach. like you said. I almost feel like, what choice do they currently have? the BBC would not allow them to show real historical attitudes. too un-PC. (maybe my paranoia showing, I don't know.)

I'm adding Gareth Roberts on Facebook.
Wish me luck /who//

Best of luck.

Been setting up a fake Welshman here twitter.com/Lyle_Morrence, shall I do it? Or too obvious it's a new account?

Looks legit to me fellow tweeterer (:

I would say so. As someone who is Welsh the account being plastered in rugby posts makes it ever so believable.

she does browse /who/ user, be careful!

>adding Gareth Roberts just to erase him from your friends list

That's cruel user

Redpill me on Foreman.

Overly complicated series bible, Doctor actor is a "genderfluid genius", think Nirvi's been recast now. Doubt it'll ever reach finished product.

Also she tried to kill herself but failed.

We have a snazzy site up and running

blackveilentertainment.org/

We can't wait to welcome you (:

Indeed, Leah Byrne is our new Nirvi (:

What does /who/ think the worst Big Finish cover is?

>Nirvi's been recast now
>tfw no Claudia shower scene ;_;

FUCKING. NORMIES.

What are you most hyped for /who/?

What does /who/ think the best Big Finish cover is?

Adric looks like a fucking giant!

They're making shirts of the inevitable 13th Doctor now, lads

>dat Benton
And Sirens of Time, but that's understandable.

the telephone pole

bigfinish.com/img/release/dwmr063_caerdroia_1417_cover_large.jpg