/auspol/ general

LABOR CONCEDES DEFEAT

PEOPLE TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW THE FUCK A MODERN DEMOCRACY TAKES 8 DAYS TO COUNT VOTES

Other urls found in this thread:

australianemploymentparty.org/
strawpoll.me/10711025
aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Senate/Powers_practice_n_procedures/Constitution
aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Senate/Powers_practice_n_procedures/~/link.aspx?_id=AFF6CA564BC3465AA325E73053DED4AA&_z=z#chapter-01_part-05_51
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah it's all over for Labor. See you guys in 3 years!

Seriously though, why did it take so long to count votes?

because the government is in charge of it and they take forever to do anything

because smoggo cunt

seriously though rumour is the AEC fucked up the preferences, something about not counting the preferences above the line if there was more than one but less than six

4 more years 4 more years, suck it you left wing communist knob gobbling rump rangers

It always takes this long to fully count all the ballots including the postal votes.
It's just that normally its a lot clearer who the winner is within a few hours of counting.
It was a lot closer this time

That was close bros. I thought we had lost you for a moment there.

Welcome back

a) Elections are every 3 years
b) This is an awful result for Libs. They'll have a razor thin majority in the house, an even more hostile senate than they had last time (Which is why Mal called the election in the first place) and likely the worst economic conditions in 25 years

The "Stability" and "Jobs and Growth" angles are going to come back to fuck the libs when politics and the economy are the worst in decades over the next 3 years

Except Labor to win 90 seats next election easy

nuh uh, labor has been voted down like a smelly turd for the last two elections. Australia won't be so forgiving about the debt you retards forced upon their children and grand children.

>MODERN DEMOCRACY

>implying this is anything other than a 2 party zionist puppet show.
>implying they were actually counting when the only reason they let it run 8 days was to give the impression to the goy that their vote matters.

You have a big night mate?

Aussies don't spell labor "labour?"

Vote for Katter you cunts.

>Australia won't be so forgiving about the debt you retards forced upon their children and grand children.
I cringe every time I hear this meme

What's the status of bullet trains?

We do in general but the party's name is spelt the American way.

We do but the party dropped the u so they could try to suck up to the US.

I don't support Labor I'm just telling you the truth

Also the deficit has only gotten worse under Liberals

>B-but Labor started the mess

The first structural deficits happened under Howard. Labor inherited a structurally unsound hollowed out corpse of an economy from Howard that looked like It was booming because of mining. They never addressed the problems, but they also didn't create them. Mining has now started to taper and everyone can see what Australia is really like.

Speaking of votes, what happened inn Austria?

FUCK YEAH!
Can't wait for medicare to be privatized, the dollar to drop in value even more, the deficit to rise, the GST threshold to be removed from international shopping and for even more health and education funding to be cut.

Greens and Bullet Train for Australia want it.

Liberal and Labor kick it down the road when they're in government.

I don't know the positions of other parties on a bullet train but probably the right wing meme squad parties would be against it.

We could chimp out like Austria and demand another election. Except I couldn't be bothered to vote a second time. It's not like brexit

Shouldn't you be prepping the bull for your wife right about now?

The real question is who will the Liberals replace Turnbull with within the next year?

Explain to your American overlords what just happened in this election.

Sooo.. Is this good or bad?

Everyone wants one, but nobody is prepared to face the fact that it'll cost money.

Despite that creating debt to invest in infrastructure is a good use of money and good for the economy, instead of creating debts to give back to people in the form of gibmedats.

Both major parties suck at investing in infrastructure and only want to give people dole money or tax cuts for businesses.

Tony Abbott probably

Quite shit, regardless if you're a Labor cuck or a Liberal retard.

A close parliament like this means we're going to have 3 more years of stagnation as the parliament is dominated by squabbling and horse-trading with independents to pass bills.

Abbott is extraordinarily unpopular and toxic.

He will never even be a Minister let a lone the Prime Minister

You're the one who voted for the country to get fucked user :)

>based Kevin isn't coming back
lads...

LMAO, if u actually think liberal are privatizing medicare you might want to see a therapist to sort out your mental retardation

>worse
Deficits aren't a bad thing and surpluses aren't a good thing. It's a residual of private saving desires in response to fiscal policy. If households want to spend less than their incomes then it's going to push the government's fiscal balance toward deficit, simple as that.
>The first structural deficits happened under Howard.
Howard & Costello were fuckwits but not because they structured the budget toward deficit or whatever. They inherited a deregulated banking system from Keating and were all too happy to let households binge on credit, which is how they got a decade of surpluses without a recession. That stopped when Rudd made the extremely sensible decision to deliberately hike spending in the GFC.
Hawke/Keating Labor was the first fully neoliberal party to govern Australia and Howard just carried it on from there.
>looked like It was booming because of mining
Mining exports brought some demand into the economy but not a lot by any stretch. We certainly don't have mining to thank for our recovery from the GFC, nor our stagnation since 2011ish: both are the result of governments' policy choices.

What we need is sustained, more expansionary fiscal policy from the government and Labor is closer to that than the Liberals but still painfully far off the mark.

This senate is a lot better for the coalition, previous one had PUPs and Greens, who all hated coalition.

New one has one nation, himch and NXT who will broadly want economic protectionism, harsher law and order, lower immigration and industry protection. Which will probably help LNP retain government next election (SRS).

Although DESU, I believe Anthony albanese will be the leader next election and is likely to win.

the feeling I get is that right-wing Liberals release that the party needs Turnbull and Turnbull needs the party.

His plan is just to stack his frontbench with the new guard of right wingers to stop them launching a coup

>medicare privatisation meme
>dollar in 70s is actually good for exports
>ALP literally admitted they would run bigger deficits into the future
>services need to be cut to some extent in order to balance the budget

I hate cuckbull and the LNP but you're an idiot

Gillard's 2010-2013 parliament passed more bills in that timeframe than any other government in Australian history but nice meme bro

>greens shill is still here

>who will broadly want economic protectionism
> lower immigration and industry protection

These things go against Liberal ideology

There is no way libs will get their budgets through the senate, nor will they probably get their ATCC bill through (which will be a kek or royal proportions)

Enjoy losing bulk billing for xrays, scans and blood tests :^)

I'm actually hopeful this term will kill the Greens.

They seem to have stagnated, a lot of the left have flocked back to Labor and Di Natale is a boring cuck

they basically failed in all their electoral goals, give they lost 25% of share of the vote in 2013, they barely increased on that and won no new seats and will likely lose a couple of senators.

This is the term that decides whether they turn Australia into a Euro style three party system or go the way of the Australian Democrats in the 1998-2001 term

I know that's not what the liberals want but it's what they will be forced to do by the cross bench and it will help them in voter land.

RE: building commission law, Xenophon has already said he agrees in principle, but wants amendments. I doubt one nation is a friend of the unions so the votes may come.

On the budget, not as presented, but super reforms of which Alp and LNP policy is very similar will get through.
Probably won't be any changes to education funding and the corp tax rate cut won't happen.

But once again, no company tax rate cut works out well for liberals in the long run, they can spend that money somewhere else where they are more likely to get electoral return. Sco mo is thirsty as fuck to increase the tax free threshold and if Xenophon presses forward with putting up Medicare levy another percent, then tax becomes the central issue which plays into LNP hands perfectly.

As much as I hate Labor, I'd be okay with Albo as PM. If only cause PM Albo sounds like a bro

I used to side with Labo(u)r based on Rudds economic policy being slightly >better than the Libs.

However when they endorsed safeschools, a remnant of the toxic and fatal greens alliance Gillard made, they proved to me to be forever tainted by the SJW well they drank from.

Either burn or purge it, they won't get my vote again in a hurry.

Bill Shorten also pledged to DOUBLE the refugee intake

I hope so senpai.

I think they have now lost their protest vote status and are now characterised as the more-left wing party. Any gains they make cannibalise labor, so assuming LNP bribes Tasmania and SA every now and then their senators won't be an issue.

>PEOPLE TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW THE FUCK A MODERN DEMOCRACY TAKES 8 DAYS TO COUNT VOTES

Because when an election is super close and they have to go through a bunch of preferences they have to be absolutely sure the count is solid so there is minimal chance of a court challenge forcing recounts forever.

their strategy is retarded as well

They go after the most leftist Labour MPs (like Plibersek and Albanese) for not being far-left enough, and then try win their seats off them by getting preference flows from the LNP or right wing meme parties.

It would be like Pauline Hanson going after Cory Bernardi for not hating Islam enough

lol greens

C U C K
U
C
K

>the deficit has only gotten worse under Liberals
yeah that's how interest works, that meme needs to die already. Labor still created the problem.

>Buying into the partisan meme.

Howard era tax cuts where just as bad, if not worse than Rudd spending.
>pic related

>Can't wait for the dollar to drop in value even more

Exporter here, me either.

Fucking hell they really pick their moments don't they?

>>dollar in 70s is actually good for exports

but absolutely terrible for "startups" and small businesses trying to do what everyone's been campaigning for since The Bull got in power: become an innovation nation.

they keep saying "we'll innovate more!" then refuse to reform idiotic laws and regulations in a plethora of government departments that impede new ideas gaining traction

they say "we're for small business!" then they refuse to give them any help or support in a market environment where larger companies are just itching for a cheap kill.

the hypocrisy infuriates me.

t. not a labor voter

Here is the party you should support:

australianemploymentparty.org/

>Economic policy: offer everyone a minimum wage job, cut taxes, invest in infrastructure, and let the fiscal (budget) balance be a policy lever rather than a policy goal (like Lerner's Functional Finance)
>Social policy: you can do what you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone

They are contesting next election. Get on it lads.

Studying business law and had to do an assignment based what regulations and permits you need for a fake-start up company.

The sheer level of bullshit and bureaucracy is absolutely ridiculous.

Will they hire me to work for them?

I don't know, give it a try. They have contact details on the website.

They certainly will get you a job if they somehow form government, or can at least strongarm a major party.

i've watched my old man struggle for years with it. he has a fantastic idea that will make local councils and other associations millions of dollars, and will solve some real problems our major cities face.

his invention was trialled in fucking hong kong before the NSW state gov would even give him the time of day, and hong kong is the most conservative place on earth in terms of policy change.

Where are all the far-left Reddit tourists now? I thought Labor were a sure thing and the Liberals were going to be BTFO?

Allow me to gloat after the shitfest that was election night. Clowns were so confident that they had it in the bag.

To all the Labor supporters that weren't clowns; GG and god bless.

Also no matter what, please don't let electronic voting become a thing. I know Bill Shorten is probably only saying it because he lost, but it's a AWFUL idea that fundamentally undermines democracy.

Who cares how long it takes as long as Ii's done properly, professionally and on proper ballot papers.
They're going to try and push electronic voting on us and that's why they tried to inconvenience everyone this time.

>Social policy: you can do what you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone

Electronic Voting is just fucking asking for sabotage and fraud.

>offer everyone a minimum wage job
yeah cause there's plenty of those going around these days. Jesus what a stupid fucking idea.

How are they going to create jobs though? Pay me to shill for them on Sup Forums?

>people laughed when he suggested we should try adding mandarin to our language classes
>we could have had complete social interact with hong kong, china, singapore, and korea

Still mad as fuck m8. We could have imported k-pop

>Ask local councils "What work do you need done?"
>Federal government pays the wages, and oversees the system to prevent abuse
>Unemployed people transition to the private sector when the economy recovers
This is good for everyone, user.

We'll be back to the polls before the year has ended, I guarantee it

>>Ask local councils "What work do you need done?"

I don't think they're going to pay the unemployed to execute council officials.

Wondering just how educated aus/pol/acks are about our system:

strawpoll.me/10711025
strawpoll.me/10711025

>decided

Don't you mean designed?

yes

Seems a bit silly to be asking who is educated when you make mistakes like that desu.

no

Yeah, nah m80, liberal is just as left as labor these days.

>rumour is the AEC fucked up the preferences
You are an ignorant shit. This election was no different to past elections in terms of counting time.

The reason it takes a week or two after election day is because the legislation requires postal votes to be allowed to come in for 13 days after election day.

The legislation also allows things like declaration votes which are a hassle to check.

>Enjoy losing bulk billing for xrays, scans and blood tests :^)
Is this true?

I need a lot of blood tests to monitor my T-cell count and viral load.

Also, how long do you think big mal will be pm? i think he'll be gone before the end of the year.

>gone before the end of the year
Replaced by who m8?

They are a bunch of clowns on his front bench, and Based Tone is damaged goods.

Maybe Scott Morrison? Would be hilarious if Tones knifed him though.

>Scott Morrison?
He will be lucky if he is still allowed to be treasurer.

I watched him on Election Night on ABC. Absolutely hopeless. Complete tool.

Why doesn't anyone know about our constitution? It's the world's second oldest continuous constitution, and the world's least amended constitution. It is an extraordinarily important document.

aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Senate/Powers_practice_n_procedures/Constitution

You might be interested to read this: aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Senate/Powers_practice_n_procedures/~/link.aspx?_id=AFF6CA564BC3465AA325E73053DED4AA&_z=z#chapter-01_part-05_51

No federal law can be in operation unless it relates to one of those heads of powers. Most federal laws we have today, like federal environmental laws, workplace relations laws, etc, don't fit under any of those heads of powers. and have only been found constitutional because of a centralist high court.

Cheers mate.

stop draining my countries tax dollars with your medical shit. just die already

Were you the one posting this shit on r9k last night with those straw polls?

Are you autistic?

Yes that was me.

No, I'm not autistic, why would I be?

*country's

>RIP STRAYA
Don't worry, it's not all bad.
Sure, the resource boom is winding down and becoming more automated, so that it will produce fewer and fewer jobs and the benefits will flow to a smaller group of people.
Sure, the Great Barrier Reef is dying as a result of climate change and mismanagement and we stand to lose billions of tourist dollars as a result.
Sure, the NBN is being wilfully mismanaged so that we will not have the information infrastructure needed to make regional centres an attractive alternative to the major cities.
Sure, science, research and technology funding are being stripped so that we will not be able to transition from a resource based economy to a technological one, exacerbating "brain drain" overseas as a result.
Sure, literally nobody in power seems to have any idea of how to plan more than 5 years in the future so that millenials and onwards have even a chance of sharing the standards of living of their parents.
And sure, as living conditions get worse for the millions of regular Australians who will be affected by automation, climate change, the global decline of the West and the end of the resources boom, we can expect that anger and frustration to be directed at the same innocent immigrants who have been the targets for this sort of misdirected rage for centuries, potentially heralding the rise of fascism in Australia as people desperately lash out for perceived former power and glory.
BUT. While that may seem to be a dim future, there's just one thing you have to remember.
We stopped the boats.
Now, back to the footy.

>why would I be?
It is odd stuff to be constantly posting apropos of nothing friend.

It is the sort of thing an autist gets fixated on and then shares to a bemused world.

You pozzed m80?

So you aussies thought you can just have civilized discussion about politics?

bet you cunts didnt expect and american to show up in this thread. lol

the tables have turned

Crimeariver.

hahaha

hahahahahahaha

Are you chasing m8?

I think more people need to know about our constitution. Americans all know and care about theirs, but Australians on the whole don't.

THIS MYYYYYYYYYY LAND
>says the deluded boomer gen x spawn

This is a good thing. The government pays waaaaayyyy too much for these services and because Doctors and patients don't have to pay, they just order a whole bunch of unnecessary tests.

These rebates should come from private health insurance, because they have a financial interest in preventative medicine and ensuring you stay healthy.

t. pathologist.

nah m8, just that blood cells and viral load sounds a bit pozzed aye.