Why isn't he considered the GOAT among the likes of Pele, Maradona, Messi and Cristiano...

Why isn't he considered the GOAT among the likes of Pele, Maradona, Messi and Cristiano? You can argue that his career was ruined by injuries but that's irrelevant in a GOAT debate. If having the best career made you the GOAT, players would be judged solely on which trophies they won (which is the whole point of a football career) and Ryan Giggs would be the undisputed GOAT with 34 trophies. A GOAT is whoever was greatest player to grace the game at their best and Ronaldo was probably the most complete forward ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsbyUd83Vn4
youtube.com/watch?v=tHcxVcAqIdg
youtube.com/watch?v=cTNzx3stjLQ&t=37s
youtube.com/watch?v=LmmN1vo80YQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdir_Pereira
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrincha
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djalma_Santos
youtu.be/oZ3shhs8aqE?t=4m36s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck are you talking about everyone considers him at that level

>and Cristiano

>and cristiano
kek

Fuck off, Farcelona fanboys

Classic British humor

I couldn't possibly give a flying fuck about barcelona

>not pogba
kek

you have an argument but nobody to argue against. in fact we had a thread about how great ronaldo was just the other day

>Pele, Maradona, Messi
>and Cristiano

>Cristiano

fatnaldo and ronaldinho were better than overrated frauds like donaldo/missi/pele

drogba and eto'o too

>Cristiano

Prime Ronaldo is my fav. Player of all times

also
>Cristiano

>Cristiano
u have to be a man united fan

>Christiano

there is only one ronaldo

It's not your fault Halal-weeb kun. What Chile did to you that night does not define you.

Its because Cristiano stole his name and erased him from anyone but hardcore football fans. He used to be the most popular football player in the world in the late 90s early 00s, now you have to say the fat Ronaldo from Brazil to make people realize who you are talking about.

Klose breaking his world cup record didn't help either. Now he holds no relevant records.

>Cristiano

>Klose breaking his world cup record didn't help either
absolutely no one cares about that record, probably not even Klose himself

>implying actively scoring for your NT for the span of 12 years isn't an amazing achievement

Klose will be remembered as the striker who delivered, no questions asked

WHat was this left footed brazilian defensive freekick man called again?

He's probably GOAT though. Played in same era as real ronaldo also

you mean le big thighs kick ball hard man?

You seriously can't remember the name of Roberto Carlos ?

Roberto Carlos

Manure fans still butthurt that the GOAT raped them at their own stadium 15 YEARS ago.

Yes, ty

Watch this and try to argue the GOATness (35 sec.)

I think it's because he banged a tranny

Ah yes your good kicking pride of just south of America

it's going to be that one goal against france (I think), right? the one out of 100 times he tried that when it actually worked?

For me, Ronaldo is

Here 30 sec*
youtube.com/watch?v=zsbyUd83Vn4

How can one man kick a ball that hard holy guacuamole

people don't remember missed attempts, just look at Cristiano's career
even this year he has 49 attempts in the champions league and the next closest guy is that muslim for united with 27

why do we even pretend anyone is/was as good as messi? he's a once in a generation freak. no one in any other sport comes close to messi's ability in football. if u even consider arguing, please consider kys'ing yourself

1.15 in the video is even more guacamole
How do you even spin the ball in goal like that

ok, fair enough. I assumed you were going to point us to 2:25 like everyone else does

pretty much, yeah

>le get carried by xavi iniesta man

Nice but he's no Steven Reid

youtube.com/watch?v=tHcxVcAqIdg

He had the ball bouncing against him while GOAT carlos shot while stepping

THats probabl the hardest shot ive seen though. Would easily kill women and faggots if hit in the head

also in contention:
youtube.com/watch?v=cTNzx3stjLQ&t=37s
37s in

youtube.com/watch?v=LmmN1vo80YQ

Ronaldo had more strength than Messi and was also an excellent dribbler and finisher. Peak Ronaldo is on par with peak Messi imo.

A lot of people cite these two, or Cristiano, or Zidane as potential people to be alongside Pele and Maradona. And while they are good, they are not like Messi. Messi is the only one who could be the world's best Passer, Dribbler, and Goalscorer all at the same time.

Ronaldo was the best in these three fields back then

>all of the experts are wrong, the true GOAT is [player from my own childhood who had funny hair and was in a lot of cool commercials]

I really, really hate this meme

More experts would pick Pele though

Only Brazilians or Brits say that, the only people who are butthurt enough to deny Maradona's GOATness

That's the case with everyone though. People who watched Pele growing up think he was the GOAT. People who watched Maradona growing up think he's the GOAT. The current batch of players who are currently playing think Fatnaldo is the GOAT. And the next batch of players will think Messi is the GOAT.

You know that isn't true, come on. Even Maradona himself at some occasions said Pelé was better than him.

>The best player ever? Pele. Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are both great players with specific qualities, but Pele was better.
– Osvaldo Ardiles, 1978 World Cup winner with Argentina

>Pele was the only footballer who surpassed the boundaries of logic.
– Johan Cruyff

>Pelé is the greatest player of all time. He reigned supreme for 20 years. All the others – Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff, Michel Platini – rank beneath him. There’s no one to compare with Pelé.

– Franz Beckenbauer, the greatest German player of all-time.

Nice try black man

Ronaldo won us a world cup and it isn't like "oh he was on the team when we won it". He was VERY essential to us winning it. Just watch him and be honest to yourself. Have you ever seen someone with such power and technique at the same time?

It's well known that most footballers know jackshit about football

You've seen Maradona as a manager...

Also, these 3 players you quoted played in the pre-Maradona era, they are just nostalgic faglords

Shouldn't that make him more popular today?

So people that were involved in the game in the 60s-80s when both were playing are nostalgic faglords

Whereas people that were too young to see Pele are more balanced in their judgement

>all these yuropoors
I highly doubt they watched the Brazilian league very often

>the state of Tarcisio

Get over it mate, your greatest player is number 2 of all time and you arguably have 3 of the top 5. Not all bad news.

>He reigned supreme for 20 years
Even when he was 36 years old against farmers at New York Cosmos? What a load of bullshit.

I mean, it's true. We make decisions based on our experiences while future generations judge the past more objectively.

We will be saying in 50 years Messi was the GOAT, even if better player appeared. Nostalgia plays a key role when you are going to pick your favourite player

Trust me, in Argentina I hear lot of people saying Maradona was better than Messi and when you listen the arguments they are retarded as fuck

Maybe he just means in terms of fame?

This is fake
First of all, Cruyff never said that. Those words are Di Stefanos, and he said that in 2012

and Puskas quote was from 30 years ago

The rest are pointless because they dont say Pele is the best, except Zico who will say it because he's brazilian, and now you have to laugh at what Cristiano said (who ever knows what year that was) since last week he said he was the best in history. You might want to delete this image from your PC Hue.

This farmer argument is so disingenuous:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdir_Pereira
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrincha
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djalma_Santos

his youtube highlights aren't lit enough

All the results give Cruyff if you google that quote

>the rest are pointless because they dont say Pele is the best
Oh they only say he is from another planet and that you can't even compare him to mere humans

How is it related to New York Cosmos?

Ok, I admit I misinterpreted your post. I skimmed through your post and saw the "farmer" so I assumed you were talking about his whole career because that's what people always say here

he is right. pele wasn't human. little monkey fella innit.

>Pele
Pele's prime was in the 60s, when professional footballers smoked, drank and ate like the most unfit Sunday League footballers of today. You put Jermain Defoe in the 1960s and he'd probably be just as prolific.

It's a bit ridiculous to call him the GOAT given the level of competition that existed back then.

You make it sound like they weren't athletes and could do nothing with their feet.

but in these cases surely experience counts for something whereas future generations have nothing to base their opinions on.

I mean what was your great great grandfather good at? Are you better placed to judge than his family that knew him when he was around?

messi is the all time greatest of all time because he dribbles past le liga defendors with ease and mad skillz ye boi 420BLAZEITXD LIT AF NIGGA 100

You put Jermain Defoe in the 1960s and he would smoke, drink and eat like the most unfit Sunday League footballers of today. And he'd probably be pretty average because of it.

>and cristiano

It's relative. He was dominant in his era. He had the same training as everyone else and he was much more dominant than everyone else.
Why do you guys have trouble understanding this simple concept?

Only sensible post ITT

>Pele's prime was in the 60s, when professional footballers smoked, drank and ate like the most unfit Sunday League footballers of today. You put Jermain Defoe in the 1960s and he'd probably be just as prolific.

You now remember the best team to never do it.

>Messi has all the conditions to be the best, but first he has to beat [...] Romario...
>t. Romario

top kek

>You can argue that his career was ruined by injuries but that's irrelevant in a GOAT debate
Then I am the GOAT, but I never bothered with playing football.

Have you watched the man play, you fucking faggot? he looked out of this world.

I miss the Joga Bonito era

CR7 and pic related are the best forward

Missing the point huefriend. If he didn't played to all his potential through all his carreer because of injuries, then it's a very fair point to consider them when discussing his GOAT status

>and cristiano

>and cristiano

>he doesn't rate van basten

world cup babby

youtu.be/oZ3shhs8aqE?t=4m36s
>ronnie, would you have liked to be Argentine?