New X-Men being film this summer

>New X-Men being film this summer

In the last movie we finally got
>full x-men team consisting of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Beast and Mystique while being lead by a bald Professor X
>The team finally received costumes that are similar to the comics.

>The film is rumored to be based on the Dark Phoenix saga.

Is it too soon to go into Dark Phoenix? Should one film just cover Jean discovering her alter-ego as the Phoenix before she goes dark?

What are you hoping for?
>I would like Colossus to join the group
>The team to go into space and maybe introduce the Shi'ar empire
>Small screentime for Mystique (and for her to be in her natural form as well as Beast)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jXiWlwbOHfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Mystique
RIP production.

>What are you hoping for?
No Jennifer Lawrence

Why was Mystique's makeup so shit in Apocalypse? Was it Jennifer Lawrence's fault? Did she whine about how long it took to put on? It looked abysmal.

fag, go back to rêddit

I assumed so. She gave alright performances in first class and days of future past but she looked visibly annoyed every time she was on screen in apocalypse to me. I think she's done with this shit

Ditch Mystique and save 50 $ dollars in production cost.

>He doesn't worship JLaw he must a fag
Kill yourself

She didn't want to wear the blue makeup because she doesn't like the toxins and chemicals.

isnt the prequel trilogy over?

I agree with your quip in the sense that her make-up looked rediculously cheap, but I think JLaw's salary ate a huge hole in their budget

>toxins and chemicals.
In movie costumes and makeup now they go to painstaking lengths to use non-toxic stuff. She's bitching about something she has no idea about, this isn't the 40s when actors were literally owned by the studios, grow up Jennifer.

No she just doesn't want to take the time on the chair. I think she said that in an interview but I'm not 100% sure.

It's only called a trilogy to sell the three-movie bundle but it's not ending.

>no wolverine

who cares

Sophie can't act well enough for the movie to focus on her. At least she'll die at the end and we won't get anymore movies about her.

J-Law again? Olivia Munn psylocke again?

I have no reason to watch X-Men anymore. Nobody I like left in it, except Mcavoy but his Xavier is shit compared to Stewart anyway.

Didn't they pretty much already do the phoenix story arc? Why would they revisit that again?

You don't like glorious Fass-neto? Or is he out?

Oh yeah, Fass is pretty cool. Shame they butchered his character in Apocalypse though.

>and Mystique
It is shit already.

Am I the only one who's a little bothered by the fact that by the end of "Apocalypse" Singer had just got rid of all new mutants introduced in "First Class"? They were pretty interesting. It's looks like "oh fuck that shit, boom boom they're all not relevant now, I'm the master of cinematic X-Men".

I tought the X-Force or New Mutants movie would come next year?

Please God, no more Bryan Singer, after Deadpool is Tim Miller that should be directing the X-Men and not some gay kike.

>What are you hoping for?
film that is fucking awful like the newest one was

>Mystique
kek

I'm going to watch for Quicksilver and Quicksilver alone.

>Small screentime for Mystique
They should just recast her already. If Lawrence thinks she's too good for capeshit (spoiler - she isn't), let her go.
>I would like Colossus to join the group
I would like Colossus to make sense again. That is, not to be contantly in his steel form like in Deadpool. To be more like the one in the original trilogy.
>The film is rumored to be based on the Dark Phoenix saga.
Oh I can already hear comic book fags whining because "PHOENIX IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN ALIEN ENTITY INSIDE JEAN GREY NOT JUST HER DARK SUPPRESSED SIDE" (cuz the movie will certainly go with the latter).
Also, my absolutely unfeasible hope is that they will make a plot that cannot be solved by Quicksilver in a matter of seconds.

>Why would they revisit that again?
For kids like OP who weren't around for the original X-Men trilogy.

That doesn't even have to be confirmed to be true.
I remember watching behind the scenes stuff from the first X-Men movie, and it took a fuckton of time and effort to put full-body make-up on Rebecca Romijn.
And then you just look at J-Law's acting in Apocalypse, just how little fucks she gives about being in that movie.

>how few
fixed

They should make a Brood saga movie instead. Although they're pretty much an Alien rip-off so might not be allowed.

I want more quicksilver desu, they should explore his relationship with magneto and maybe have magneto persuade him to leave the xmen and fight alongside him

it was retarded how he was handled in apocalypse, it's like the only reason singer included him in the film was to have a cool slow/fast motion scene

The team should have Jean Grey, Cyclops, and Storm on it. Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, and Jubilee are optional. Gambit is a new recruit. Professor X is their mentor. Beast is off pursuing politics. Mystique is gone.

The protagonists are Mr. Sinister and the Marauders. Gambit starts out as a Marauder.

Set it in the late 80's/early 90's. I feel like characters like Sinister, Gambit, and the Marauders all really fit that time period. Plus, Mr. Sinister was set up in Apocalypse and went completely unused in Logan.

I feel like the Mutant Massacre is one of the really good events in X-Men that hasn't been done in the movies yet, so I'd like to see it in here. I don't think space stuff really fits the setting of the movies.

Both are owned by Fox.

...and Fox is the studio making the movies, so what's the problem?

So it's gonna be set in the 90s

"""Toxins""" aren't really about toxic materials, they're about new age hippie morons who buy into bullshit about "toxins" building up in your body and shit like that. The type of people who think that "natural" means "good for you" and "artificial" means "bad for you" in all cases.

I want to see Dafne Keen reprise her role as Laura and act as the team's replacement for Wolverine.

>But, that makes no sense! This movie will take place in the 90s and Logan took place in 20XX or something.
I don't give a shit, and I get the impression that Fox doesn't either.

Lawrence's acting was abysmal in the last movie. I hope she's not in this

>how'st less
fixed

Is pic related you? He means there would be no problem with it being technically an alien rip off because they are both owned by the same entity that can do whatever the fuck they want with either

>quicksilver runs really fast to mmmm bop

Why not bring Jubilee back? I liked her in the whole 5 minutes she had in Apocalypse. Shame they cut out all her scenes.

>Mystique

FUCKING WHYYY

I really want Fox to make an R-rated X-Men movie series with the new kids from Logan, and then to have the past series be the safe PG-13 shit for families.

>no hugh jackman
>jennifer lawrence
nah I'll pass
I like the guy who plays professor x tho

They're keeping her for the X-Force movies.
She's too young now, but we can wait. Just imaging her playing a self-harming prostitute (like X-23 in the comics).

would face fuck left

>imagine
Self-fixed.

Jlaw will be the star. She's not doing so well right now and will fall back on this franchise to keep her working.

The whole movie was just Singer saying "Here, here, are you happy now?"

>Here, look, here's Apocalypse
>Here, here, Psylocke and Jubilee. Look archangel, too.
>Look, another funny Quicksilver scene. Happy?
>They have costumes now, look at the costumes. Are you satisfied?
>WOLVERINE! LOOK, WOLVERINE!
>Here's your movie, I hope you choke on it

>WOLVERINE! LOOK, WOLVERINE!
It was more like a flip-off to a movie that came out after he left (Origins, in this case).
He did a similar thing to The Last Stand (see: the ending of Days of Future Past, a piece of dialogue about Star Wars in Apocalypse).

Old mystique got poisoned by the make-up.

Enjoy your red meat, potatoes and early death gaylord.

All these things were pretty good, though.

I was genuinely confused when he yelled at the sky at the death of his family. I don't mind a bit of melodrama but I expected someone to yell "CUT!" and we'd realise Magneto was a bad actor in a bad movie with a shitty director in-universe because it was so over the top.

Classic autism.

I want Singer out of the X-Men movies, the gay subtext out, more good action like in Deadpool.

That's too good of an idea for any studio to actually enact though

X-Force with Deadpool and Cable isgoona be the R-rated series, the New Mutants and X-Men will probably remain PG-13, who knows about the Gambit movie.

>Mr. Sinister was set up in Apocalypse

How? I must have missed that. It sounds awesome, though, I love that character. Apologies if it was super obvious and I'm just retarded.

Isn't the X-Force made up of the New Mutants? Or am I misunderstanding something?

OP here, I watched the original trilogy and was 14 when The Last Stand was released.

That was not a dark Phoenix film. They only tampered with it

Toward the end of New Mutants they became X-Force but by then there was only a few of the original members. More modern line-ups of the team have had Deadpool, X-23 and Wolverine so they might add them to the movie but no one knows right now.

Essex Corp shows up in the post-credit scene but I think it was meant to be for Logan because it shows them taking a sample of Wolverine's DNA left from the Weapon X experiment. I remember reading Mr Sinister was meant to be the villain in the third Wolverine movie originally but Mangold decided against it later on because he didn't fit with the tone of the movie which would probably explain why they changed the company's name in Logan

There have been multiple teams named X-Force and New Mutants, but originally the New Mutants were the next generation of X-Men, but Cable showed up from the future and militarized them to fight Apocalypse and Stryfe.

Reddit misses you.

Yes, in the comics the New Mutants become the X-Force but Fox has announced that will be separate movies of both, with Deadpool and Cable being confirmed for the X-Force movie

They didn't use make up in the last movie. Lawrence talks about it here youtube.com/watch?v=jXiWlwbOHfM at 06:29 But still she sounds irritated when she talks about it. And whole interview part about X-Men is weird. Even McAvoy sounds like he just wants it to end and move on.

>Stryfe

Stryfe being the evil clone of Cable

Don't do the Phoenix shit. Just make a smaller scale movie. Just make it fun like the TV show but not dumbed down.

Apocalypse was such a cluster fuck to film that none of the principles really want to keep going. It's just contractual obligation at this point.

This, do Genosha or the Morlocks or something. Anything but Phoenix, they won't do it justice.

>Deadpool and Cable being confirmed for the X-Force movie

Oh shit, I didn't know they confirmed Deadpool for it. That's cool. Hope they throw Gambit in there also, I can't see him getting a solo movie without even a team movie.

Marvel really like clones.

Cant we just get a Quicksilver movie?

X-Men without Picard and Wolverine but with J-Iwontwearbluemakeup-Law really is not the thing i'd want to watch.

>I don't want X-Men films about prejudice

Why? That is an essential part of the series.

What's with all the quicksilver fags?

Jesus fucking Christ, shut the fuck up. He's not even that great of a character, and just barely had any presence in the films.

I want to know Jean more and dive deeper into her relationship with Scott before she dies. If it happens in the next movie then I won't feel sympathy for Scott.

they said they wanted to do it but wont because a quicksilver scene takes like 3-4 months to shoot

>Quicksilver solo movie

Hahaha, good one user, the only X-fags capable of holding a solo movie are Wolverine, Deadpool, Gambit and maybe Cable.

It's just the Synderfags that are think slo-mo action scenes are the greatest thing ever created.

It's being developed by the Fault In Our Stars dude, right? Also, the contracts of Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence and Hoult are done and there's not a chance in hell they'll want to come back. So they'll probably just make up an excuse as to why half of the people in your pic are gone and just go with the new mutants.

McAvoy already has had meetings with Simon Kinberg and talked about returning in interviews. Fassbender has stated that he'll like to return if it's suitable for his character although Magneto isn't needed in a Dark Phoenix movie.

The screenplay is being written by Simon Kinberg. He also did the screenplay for Days of Future Past.

The New Mutants is an entirely different film altogether and it is being filmed at the same time as this film. McAvoy is rumored to appear in both.

>The screenplay is being written by Simon Kinberg. He also did the screenplay for Days of Future Past.
So it has a hope of actually being good then.

The only things I really liked about Apocalypse were Quicksilver and the kid they cast as Scott, he was fantastic in Mud a few years back and could make a pretty good young Cyclops if the writing isn't garbage.

The whole prejudice angle is tired and worn out, just make a fun super-hero action movie with good action sequences like Deadpool, James Cameron is getting Tim Miller to direct his new Terminator movie.

We're make another xman movie with cable but cable not from the future he just a guy with metal arm and gun and he no talk much cause wolverine get all lines and wolverine had to save Picard again from specials effects but it hard cause Logan don't remember, everyone else is played by different actor again, lots a quips and people flip around and guns on explosions for the whole family, come to the movies guys and check out ex men 12 the final reckoning 3

Deadpool is supposed to be different from the main themes of X-Men. That's the beauty of it. We don't want everything to be similar.

The prejudice themes will slowly appear less due to Fox already announcing that future movies will no longer dive into the relationship between Charles and Erik.

Thanks, I got the two mixed up. But while Kinberg writing is a good sign, I still don't think any of the actors will want to come back. McAvoy, Fassbender and Hoult did a good job but I don't think they actually enjoyed being in these movies. Unless they are offered a gorillion dollars or something.

If they're going to use Mystique, Recast her.

While we're at it, if they're going to use Beast, bring back Kelsey Grammer

If they do Dark Phoenix and like...... give Jean lines and use Mr.Sinister as a sort of stand in for Mastermind and Shaw it could work, but, I WANT MY GOD DAMN ALIENS. If the Shi'ar don't show up, then I don't see the point.

>cable
Literally Who? You wouldn't get normies watching that shit

WHEN WILL WE HAVE A NORMAL FUCKING WOLVERINE WITH THE NORMAL FUCKING YELLOW COSTUME AND MASK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

In xmen 13 Logan finds weed in night crawlers locker and has to give him "the talk"

We just did the fucking Dark phoenix saga. Have we seriously milked the X Men franchise of good story arcs already?

>Even after retreading Stryker in 3 films

Maybe not numbers fox wants, but I bet it could do 200-300m

Xmen 14, wolverine finds out that mystic is pregnant and has to give her " the talk" mean while Picard is sad becuase magenta won't return his messages and night crawler keeps having weird dreams, what does it all mean? Find out in xmens 13 the dark mutants rises returns

That's classic Singer. Half of the first class X-men did off screen before DofP, we didn't care because it was a good movie. He's terrible at handling characters.

It was really only Havoc, Banshee and Emma. I guess Azazael too, but didn't we all want Nightcrawler instead?

Killing Emma between movies is probably cause Fox is retarded. January Jones probably had a contract to appear in the films and Fox was stuck to use her or not use the character. Fox makes dumb contracts with their actors where they can get fucked like this. Their supposed to make contracts to protect themselves from actors bullshit but Fox is terrible at franchises. They don't have this stuff worked out like Disney, universal or even paramount do.

I WANT GAMBIT!

A lot of it, including impact on other franchises, stems from Singer leaving for Superman returns, but promising to come back for X3. Tom Rothman was a vindictive asshole and brought on Brett Ratner to do it without singer's involvement.