XFL coming B A C K

espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/21840316/vince-mcmahon-sells-some-wwe-shares-fund-alpha-entertainment-llc

Who's hype lads? Kaep and RG3 to give it some star power, social media memeing to give it attention. Literally guaranteed to succeed this time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cfj7bIaXtyE
golfdigest.com/story/10-ways-the-xfl-can-stick-its-second-landing
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He Hate Me 4 Life

I'll only watch if Kaep's jersey has *kneels* on the back

>Kaep

McMahon's wife is actively serving in the Trump Administration, and they are friends, no way he signs Kaep.

Unless that's Trump's plan all along??????? Find out at the Royal Rumble only on PPV

>RG3
is it a wheelchair league?

>more CTE issues than the nfl
>players/coaches not good enough for the nfl
>potential customers already skeptical after last time

this is certainly going to end well

>Kaep

No thank you

This.

Also, let's not forget this little segment...

youtube.com/watch?v=Cfj7bIaXtyE

>filed for 5 trademarks last week to the "XFL"

what the fuck is this sentence trying to say?

>Panthers move
>XFL moves in
>XFL's Charlotte Bobcats win it all

That they filed for tradesmarks with "XFL" in them. What did you think it means?

I know that, but what does "to the XFL" mean?

It's horrendous English.

>Kaep and RG3 to give it some star power
oh nonononononononononononon

Pretty sure he's going to try and buy the Panthers and then do some batshit insane marketing with them

what is XFL?

>the joke is they never told you what the x meant

guy who ran pro wrestling set up a football league 15-20 years ago

it didn't work then, maybe now?

XFL failed the first time because you could actually play real football back in 2000. NFL is so pussified right now that I can see XFL succeeding.

It's UFL.

anyone who thinks this is retarded and doesn't know the history of the NFL. the AFC was created because the NFC refused to put teams in certain cities. who is to say we won't get another league established and have another merger?

>NBC and McMahon lost $30 million each, after taxes, once the season ended.

Anyone else think Trump is gonna endorse this?

Vince McMahon is a god damn treasure

I'm really just behind this because simply because he's doing it. Only a faggot could not love this man

Why not just stream it for free on Youtube or Twitter?

Soccer teams make money without any commercials except halftime considering the XFL will pay far less than the NFL I'd think they could afford to do that. The free advertising from Twitter buzz alone would make it worthwhile.

Obvious mistakes not to repeat

1. Don't partner with NBC

2. Don't associate it with WWE

3. Don't showcase the cheerleaders

Real simple

>This starts with “Power Ups.” At the start of every matchup, teams have the potential to unlock three Power Ups by completing achievements throughout the game. Power Up 1 is unlocked when your running back reaches 100 yards rushing. Power Up 2 is unlocked when your kicker makes a FG over 50 yards. Power Up 3 is unlocked when your team scores 30 or more points. Each Power Up can then be stored and redeemed on a play of the team’s choosing like a replay challenge. These wild cards could include a play where said team gets to put 12 men on the field, another that turns any incomplete pass into a fumble, and a jackpot boost that makes a touchdown count for 10 points.

golfdigest.com/story/10-ways-the-xfl-can-stick-its-second-landing

NBC wasnt really the problem. Quality of play was. NFL overall was a far superior product and much more entertaining, and thats because the quality of the player was better.

the nfl is gay as fuck now though so there's room for competition. it's not 2001 anymore

I did say was, you know.

Another league might actually work this time because NFL is practically unwatchable because of all the penalties/stops/ads/poor play/you name it.

NFLetty is literally SEETHING

we video games nao

It's not going to happen. David Bixenspan made this shit up just like that Vince McMahon script.

The only cities currently without NFL teams don't have them because they can't support them in some way

They had zero time to practice in training camp and in retrospect sounds like Vince and the people involved realize that was a problem.

2-3 million people watch literal fucking who 6-6 low end division 1 college teams play in post-apocalyptic looking hellscapes like tonight so I don't buy that's it's as much of a factor as people want to think it is

>yfw nfl going x-tinct, and now your main "sport" is going to /asp/

the most meme handegg ever invented by wwe (duelo de titanes)
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL

based

Idea of competing established major leagues is retarded as fuck, regardless of sport. There aren't lot of markets left in any sport that could support a team in any of major leagues, maybe Las Vegas for American football. Given how short regular season is in NFL, setting up league to force merger is problematic from schedule point of view. Basically any expansion would have to be either adding a team to every division or setting up new division to each conference.

NCAA on other hand might be bit more vulnerable for competition. Professional "junior" league could be more feasible. Aiming for team roosters somewhat resembling men's Olympic football tournament, scaled up for handegg team size, few established professionals and rest of team under 23.

>meme handegg is back on the menu
GOD DAMN I HAVE MISSED THIS SHIT.

part of me hopes it succeeds just to see how the nfl reacts

>power up babby

>dumb britbong has never filed to for something with the to on all about it

Sad, tbqh

Vince coming after all those red blooded americans who hate the NFL now. This will be the end of the NFL

"and it looks like they're gonna have to put in the 3rd string qua- wait a second, Jerry, is that...BAW GOD! ITS JOHNNY MANZIEL! HES SUPPOSED TO BE IN REHAB, WHATS HE DOING OUT THERE???"

>2018
>PPV

It's all on the Network now. For just 9.99 per month

HOLY FUCKING DIMES

NFLDrones ON SUICIDE WATCH

NFLETTY BTFO

VINNY MAC IS BACK TO SAVE AMERICAN SPORTS

HE HATE ME FOR LIFE

>saw you make fun of the boss' business ventures on the internet
>you know we're all about the company here, right?
>that's one 1000 essay and six bottles of Jack, kid

I think Vince believes he can complete in NFL markets because of the political issues turning away fans and the nature of the sport today. There are also markets like Las Vegas and Los Angeles that he can hit quickly before the Raiders, Chargers, Rams etc make a dent - although the Chargers and the Rams have probably fucked that up by having good seasons.

Awakened mother fucker.

Vince his wife and Trump teaming up to do XFL-WWE-White House cross over episodes would guarantee 2020.

Why do you think Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is considering running? This was set up as the Alpha distraction in ensuring victory in 2020. THE ROCK V. TRUMP.

I've thought a second-tier American football league is a really good idea.

The thing is, you need to start small and let it grow. Don't expand too quickly. Find a major broadcasting partner and run it in the US sports dead zone between February-May. Be opportunistic and use unused CFB stadiums to keep shit cheap. Keep it to 6-8 teams. Perhaps add an early NBA-esque "territorial pick" to the draft rules to try and get some of the college crowd interested.

Work out the finances around modest, sustainable ratings. Run it on Saturday so your broadcast partner doesn't have to worry too much about ratings. Make the broadcasts competent but don't go too flashy at OTT.

I can see McMahon going all-in, investing tens of millions and fucking it up.

fuckkkk

so this is just regular hand egg? I was expecting ultra hand egg with wrestling moves and use of chairs permitted.

no chance in hell, nfl

It sorta was, I remember that instead of a regular kickoff, players would try to murder each other and the one who survived had the first ball. On literally the first start of the season a player got a crippling injury that took him out for the rest of the season, it was awesome

The biggest star with the biggest salary too. kek

It needs to not be "xtreme" and actually be a proper league. Having McMahon at the helm is not going to help the credibility issue.