2017 stats

>Cristiano: 53 goals and 13 assists
>Messi: 53 goals and 15 assists

Why did Cristiano win the Ballon d'Or by such a large margin? They had a very similar year

Cristiano has 2 offside goals and a couple deflected goals and tap ins in the Champions League

>messi scored 0 offside goals, 0 deflected goals, or 0 tap ins this year

I guess he pointed out the fact that Ronaldo won the CL, but this is an individual award, why rate a season based on team results?

i dont know. the balon d'or should be given out in july or august anyway, and team achievements shouldn't come into play.

so they could be at 4 each since that was their last chance to win it

Messi and Cristiano are still a few steps ahead of all other players

Stop shilling Nerman just because he plays in your league

balon d'or shouldn't exist 2bh

It's funny how people have been saying for years now that Ronaldo and Messi are declining but they keep scoring +50 goals per season kek

We are truly living in the GOAT era of football

because messi scored his goals against EIbar and Espanyol wheareas Ronaldo scored 15 more Champions League goals, and broke about 5 scoring records in the competition.

quite simple really

the balon d'or is essentially an MVP trophy, e.g who was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER that year.

we have 2 players, player A scores 53 goals, 13 assits, and that helped earn his team 6 trophies

player B scored 53 goals, 15 assits, with 4 more games played, and that helped his team win the copa del rey

is it that hard to understand?

KEK

fraudssi shitposters will not recover from this

So the Ballon d'Or is the "best player of the CL" award?

it certainly isn't the golden shoe award kek

Muh goals
Muh assists
Muh stats

Watch one single game and you will see that Messi is the greatest to ever play the game. He's different class

>le bang in 5 against lhospitalet in September man

>muh see what messi does he's simply the best

how about see what ronaldo accomplishes and see that he's the best?

Winners > losers

the fuck i care to watch messi dribble around la soyboys corona, or anyone other beta la liga team?

I know that, but people claim Crisitiano had a better season because he scored more goals. But just checked it and both scored the same amount, and Messi even asssited more

Of course Messi is amongst the GOATs, literally no one but Ronaldo's managers say he's GOAT material

>"best player of the CL" award?

Obviously, it's been like this for ages. It's not best player in the CL though, just best player out of Messi or Ronaldo in the CL

>accomplishes
See? That's your mistake

You are rating a player only because of the numbers (Messi still has better numbers in literally every category and more titles) and stats, but it sounds like you don't actually watch the games

That's literally the same argument people use to rate Pele, people who didn't watch him but read he scored 1000 goals and won 3 WCs

You're getting so good at trolling that you now openly admit that Messi is a better player, incredible.

Big fan of your work.

Are you retarded? Or just bored

WHy are soccer stars such metrosexual faggots?

>muh Reddit highlight videos against shitportivo

totally le goat!!!

>messi only had 2 more assists than cr7

Embarrassing desu

>Messi
>metrosexual

Messhit was left SO FUCKING SALTY after losing the league, champions league and the supercoppa at home that he had to get ueafalona to suspend him
So yeah, ronaldo's stats are lower because he statpadded against bayern munich opposed to celta vigo in less games than him

this award is not for the year, not for the league, not for copa del rey, not for super copa, not for club world cup, not for euro, not for anything.

this award is for champions league, and not for the group stage, this award is who was the best player in the final matches of the champions league. And that best player is Modric. But they can't give it to that kid because

1. He looks like a rat
2. Croatia is not marketable

The award goes to Cristiano.

Your entire life revolves around being salty about Messi

>Messhit was left SO FUCKING SALTY after losing the league, champions league and the supercoppa at home that he had to get ueafalona to suspend him
kek, you nigga are either blind or just retarded

he literally attacked a ref lmao, how is barcelona behind it? did the force ronaldo to act like an ape?

he got sent off for """""diving""""" dipshit
did you not watch the game? oh right youre a messhit fan of course you didnt lmao

Because not all goals are equal. TSUU won it because he scored many of those during the knockout phase of the CL

messhitters unironically think some tap in vs valladolid is better than a volley against athletico in the semis
no use arguing with children who rate players based on likeability

This goal>any goal scored by Cristiano against Napoli or Jjuve in the knockout phase this year

why can't you shitpost properly like your australian idols? all you leafs can do is pretend to be retarded.

because Ronaldo is hotter

>messi celebrating his league loss
abu please go cry in another thread

Nigga you can't even spell "Atlético"

Also, they suck ass, for a reason they got rekt in the groups stages just a few months after that, they were already finished

The only good run by Cristiano was against Bayern

So scoring a goal that wasn't relevant for the league because Barca lost is worth more than the winning goal on the CL final?

He got banned for pushing the ref.

>“On the first account, Real Madrid player Cristiano Ronaldo will be suspended for one game after receiving two yellow cards, the first for taking off his jersey while celebrating his goal and the second for simulation. The club have also been fined €350 and the player €800.

>“On the second account, Cristiano Ronaldo has been banned for another four games for infraction of article 96 of the disciplinary code, with a €1,400 fine for the club and a €3,005 fine for the player.”

If I wanted to watch some dribbler I'd watch Cristaino
If I wanted to watch a bloot king I'd watch Cristiano
If I wanted to watch the top CL scorer and assist man I'd watch Cristiano
If I wanted to watch a title winner I'd watch Cristiano
If I wanted to watch some midget disappear in crucial games I'd watch Messi

>Cristina fags unironically rate 10 goals against Latvia, Andorra, 5 goals against APOEL, two offside goals, 32 tap ins, all because he could score another deflected goal against Juve and a tap in past buffon.

>But just checked it and both scored the same amount, and Messi even asssited more

and that amounted to what????? he can score 20 more a year with hattricks against teams that are in and out of la liga every other season

no one cares if your scoring doesn't amount to anything.

i'll take a 40 goal scorer that helps me win trophies over muh 50 goals where we lost basically everything

i've SEEN ronaldo take portugal to the highest stages there ever reached, and achieve their highest accomplisments (never been to a final pre-ronaldo era)

I've SEEN ronaldo score 50-60 goals a season for the past like 8 seasons

I've SEEN ronaldo shit on the champions league, i saw him scoring only 2 goals in the GS, to 12 goals after winning the final...after winning the year before (BACK-TO-BACK)

also,
I've SEEN messi win only 1 major trophy without both xavi and iniesta, said only trophy being won with ineista

I've SEEN messi lose THREE BACK-TO-BACK Finals with Argentina, 1 of them being a fucking meme centario trophy, still couldnt win

I've SEEN messi score only 5 CL knockout stage goals in the past 4 CL SEASONS
i also saw messi score 4 CL goals in the entire year of 2017.

>but it sounds like you don't actually watch the games

no i watch the games, and clearly i can see one player is a winner and one is a loser lmfao
messifags BTFO

>dribbling around spainish part time soccer players is """""admitting""""" anything

kek you tried though

exactly what ive been saying all thread

>one la liga goal >> A CL final winning goal
argentina has lost all credbility

What's up with those pathetic Europoor fines?
Here a player gets fined $50,000 for an illegal hit

You know Ronaldo is only ahead in those tops because he's almost 3 years older than Messi, right? Messi has a way better goals and assists per game ratio. When both retire Messi will be ahead of Cristiano at ltierally everything

>only Canadians and Americans who never kicked a ball in their life nor watch the games are defending Cristiano
Mmm, makes sense

>ronaldo shows up and dominates the EPL, La Liga, Champion's League, Euro all while being the top scorer AND assistor
Messi shows up against Eibar
>ronaldo as a 33 year old is better than a 30 year old messi
OH FUCK AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bendtner got fined 80,000 EUR for this

Also, Ronaldo missing 5 matches will ,mean he misses a lot of bonuses

>ronaldo as a 33 year old is better than a 30 year old messi
But as I said, both scored the same amount of goals but Messi assisted more

>the balon d'or is essentially an MVP trophy, e.g who was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER that year.
No it's essentially (read: literally) a BP award, e.g. who was the BEST PLAYER that year

Fucking leaf

Messi has been at Barca for 5 seasons more than Ronaldo has been at madrid, and yet still Ronaldo has the record for most goals with one team in CL history lmaooo

>muh age difference

>"the Ballon d'Or award honours the male player deemed to have performed the best over the previous year"

hmmmmm really makes you think

If messi is so good then why isn't he on this list? The best player should play good against the best teams no?

You are only talking about 1 competition that is less than 20% of the yearly games, literally cherrypicking

This thread isn't about the best player of the CL, it's about the best player. By your ""logic"" Maradona and Pele are crap because they never won the CL

based leafs just blowing everyone the fuck out and reminding everyone it isn't 2012 anymore

>BLOWING A 4-1 LEAD

OH NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How long has this deluded Canadian guy been doing this? I only came back to Sup Forums a few months ago after a few years.

Imagine waking up every day, rolling up your sleeves and white knighting Ronaldo on a chinese cartoon forum every day.

Yeah, posting a list that doesn't even have a reference totally BTFO my arguments...

I wonder how it's going to feel when you are in your 40s and no one remember Ronaldo. You probably won't remember the countless hours you spent on this imageboard trying to make your case.

>the CL is cherrypicking

lmfaooooo

theres more than one of us my anglo brethren

>TSU leafposter is back
hope you're here for the clasico friend

>y-youre going to forget the all time cl scorer, 5 time ballon dor winner, 3x epl winner, 50 goal a year for the past 7 years, european champion, for a celta vigo glory hunter
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure LMAO

Hi fren

you bet your fucking face we will

>implying he has any other place to be

>implying you wont be here waiting for my threads anyway
Sad!

Can't wait for some Ramos - Messi shenanigans

no its the best player in the world.

which was cristiano ronaldo given that he was the reason his team won the hardest and most prestigious club competition in the world.

it was close between messi and ronaldo to give the award to, but 9 knockout goals to messis 1 means ronaldo gets it. without ronaldo real madrid wouldnt have the champions league and perhaps not the league either. WITH messi barcelona didn't win fuck all.