Will English as spoken today be the Lingua Franca for the next Thousand years

Like how classical latin was the lingua franca until the a couple of centuries ago.
While English evolves into American, British and Australian languages. Maybe English replaces other european languages, and they get their own dialect which later becomes a language, like with Gallic and Latin

Chinese will become the lingua franca before too long

>Chinese will become the lingua franca before too long

I live in Anchorage and it's a wonder Tagalog hasn't locally become a lingua franca.

chinese will never become the lingua franca because it's near impossible for non-native speakers to become literate. you could certainly make a case for it if they eliminated the characters altogether and just stuck with pinyin.

They could make Pinyin the offical script

That map is completely fucking wrong, holy shit.

no, it's more disgusting to the ears than dutch

it's dutch cubed

latin will become the lingua franca again in the advent of the NWO and its emperor

I have a couple of relatives living in China. They moved there when they were 25+yo and they have already a solid grasp of the language and can easily get by everywhere.

thats a very generous territory, theres nowhere that many asturian speakers
also Valencia speaks Catalan (valencian dialect)
and galician territory is too small

The fuck is this map

>occitan
lmao

How is it living there?

Shit. I lived a couple hours away but I had to move into town for uni and it sucks. I'm a lonely virgin and at least I had wild animals back home to keep me company, but here it's just wild niggers

Man, living a few hours away from something that is a lot of hours away from everything else.

I like it.

Nope. Probably not even the next hundred years desu.

Oh, English will still exist in some form (assuming the human race doesn't go extinct), and it'll most likely have diverged into mutually unintelligible languages, but it damn sure won't be the lingua franca of anywhere. The only way I could see it being a lingua franca in 1000 years is if North America were broken into a bunch of various smaller countries that speak different languages, then you might have some "Classical English" acting as a North American Lingua Franca -- but again, that would only specifically be in North America and nowhere else.

Not everyone is language retarded like anglos. If Africans can learn it as their 3-5th language then so can anyone really.

Why do people think occitan is still alive stop this meme also stop believing alsacian speak german and that there's any independantist movement that will going to work

The writing system is terrible though, and that is a big obstacle.

It really isn't. You need to get used to it, sure, but it's not terrible.

No it won't. When have you last heard chinese? It's an important country, but chinese media is non-existent outside it.

I'm pretty sure I have at least 2 Chinese language channels in my cable subscription for what its worth.

I really wish that Chinese will become new lingua franca despite its complexity.