USA is not going? the rest is cool tho

USA is not going? the rest is cool tho

Other urls found in this thread:

sports.yahoo.com/failures-every-level-u-s-soccer-blame-world-cup-qualifying-debacle-030602260.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Football_Association_Board
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Colombia actually made it, Iceland is the biggest surprise tho

havent watched any football in years, who has the best playas?

>2 central american countries are going but Chile is not
KEK

probably going to root for Poland and England now
The US team fucking sucked so I don't really care they didn't make it

>England
You're not ready for that kind of disappointment

Not going to be the same without you guys

>having separate "national" teams for each of your internal regions
for what purpose
also i just read on wikipedia that the first "international" football match was Scotland vs England

nigger did you not see what happened tonight? That was your match vs Iceland in the Euros magnified by ten.

>Sweden
>Denmark
>missing

>Iceland
ayyyyy

you got a point there, Nigel

>No Chile
>No USA
>Argentina nearly doesn't make it
>Panama is in
>Iceland is in
What the fuck is going on?

>no Italy

>Iceland is the biggest surprise tho
Qué?
Didn't you see them last Euro? They beat England ffs. They lack technique but they're tenacious and tough as nails. Worthy opponents tbqh.

Biggest surprise IMO is Netherlands not going yet SK and Iran are.

Also kek at USA being shot down at the last minute. Get it? Shot. *snickers*

Because we're different nations. Northern Ireland is contestable but they get to choose between Home nations and Ireland.

Nobody expects you to really do well and you have plenty of other sports. We're *the* football nation and we constantly get embarrassed.

Chile will probably be there
They just have to play Australia

>korea
>japan

should ban free ride

Btw this isn't the final roster, there will still be playoffs.

Panama and Iceland are cool, it's like when Jamaica made it to France, part of the point is having a few colorful and unlikely contenders. Chile had it coming as a football karma thing. As for the Americans this is actually a good recap
sports.yahoo.com/failures-every-level-u-s-soccer-blame-world-cup-qualifying-debacle-030602260.html

>different nations
but london has all the power and can override antyhing that scotland, wales or northern ireland says right?
Spain is technically a bunch of united kingdoms aswell, whats the difference

>They beat England ffs
not really an accomplishment nowadays
yanks can't play footy

No, I didn't see them, I used to be a big buff at one time but kinda haven't really watched games in some time, do you think they'll make it to best 16 then?

We invented the sport.
Each cunt has their own FA. That's just how it works.

Digits and it's coming home boys :DD

London has power over some shared things like defence, but Scotland and N.I has it's own parliament, laws, healthcare and various other things. We also made the modern iteration of the sport so I guess we got the privilege of being different.

Not a chance. But the fact they're even going is awesome. They have a population the size of most towns

We all know that

They'll play New Zealand, Australia is in Asia so they're likely going against Honduras after they play off Syria, if Chile got the play off ticket then they're in.

i dont know i always thought it was handicapping yourself, having some of the best players of the UK in different teams like scotland in many sports
oh well

We do it for the Olympics but almost every other sport we're separate.

I got excited for this but then I remembered there's not a single french in our team so there's no point in watching it kek

When Finland qualifies to world championship football tournament, the fans will make a huge spurdo flag and wave it in every game

Oh come on now Richard, no need to be bitter.
It depends on who else gets through the playoffs and what group they land in but I honestly think they have a fair chance.

Because the modern game developed here and there's a thing called IFAB (International Football Associatom Board) - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Football_Association_Board

>The International Football Association Board (IFAB) is the body that determines the Laws of the Game of association football. IFAB was founded in 1886 to agree standardised Laws for international competition, and has since acted as the "guardian" of the internationally used Laws; since its establishment in 1904 FIFA, the sport's top governing body, has recognised IFAB's jurisdiction over the Laws.
>IFAB is made up of representatives from each of the United Kingdom's pioneering football associations—England's Football Association (The FA), the Scottish Football Association (SFA), the Football Association of Wales (FAW) and Northern Ireland's Irish Football Association (IFA)—and Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the international governing body for football. Each UK association has one vote and FIFA has four. IFAB deliberations must be approved by three-quarters of the vote, which translates to at least six votes. Thus, FIFA's approval is necessary for any IFAB decision, but FIFA alone cannot change the Laws of the Game—they need to be agreed by at least two of the UK members

Each British member would not want to give up their individual powers.

So, the Dutch are out?
What’s missing? Euro playoffs, Oceanía playoffs and what else?

What about him/her?

Once again it'll be seen as a success if England manage to get out of the group.

final round of africa, but its gona be probably tunisia, senegal and morocco/ivory coast

This is one service you bongs do provide for mankind, I'd hate to see what would happen if FIFA alone controlled IFAB

>Win 3-0
>Ticket to Russia secured
>Rain
>Lose 0-2

He is part Portuguese

Since we have no chance of beating Chile, I'm rooting for Portugal. Winners of the Euro Championship and future World Champions :D

What about Ghana? How are they looking?

The British love developing, coding and exporting sports.

Well that explains Brazilian traps

btw chile finished 6th so they aint going anywhere? peru will play new zealand

egypt and nigeria won their groups already so 2+3, no ghana

how to fix world cup

>no more fifa rankings, truly randomized friendlies basis for elo score
>global top 64 teams play
>no pool stage, straight to knock out round
>winner gets to host, or sell the rights to the next cup

Now that's a special type of autism

infact they finished 3rd in egypt group, behind uganda :D

I wish we weren't so utter shit at football. We only put any effort into Rugby, Cricket and Watersports. It's a bit like the American relationship with Football - A lot of kids play it at school, hence the US "Soccer Moms" but the professional scene just isn't here. All local clubs are tiny. Even Americans put more importance into their club scene.

That still leaves you leafs out
Maybe when you can defeat those island in the Caribbean you can have an opinion

>England gets put in a group with Scotland, Lithuania, Slovenia, Malta, and Slovakia
>Poland gets put in a group with Montenegro, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Romania, and Denmark
>Italy and Spain are in the same group for some reason
why

fuck off leaf

>Unlike previous editions of the World Cup, all pots will be determined by each national team's October 2017 FIFA World Ranking, with Pot 1 containing the highest-ranked teams, Pot 2 containing the next highest-ranked teams, and so on; in previous editions only one pot containing the highest-ranked teams was determined by rank, with the other three pots determined by continental confederation. The hosts will continue to be placed in Pot 1 and treated as a seeded team, however, so Pot 1 will consist of hosts Russia and the seven highest-ranked teams that qualify for the tournament.

So when is this £100million St. George's Park gonna pay off, lads?

groups are drawn from pots, shitalians underperformed in previous so they were out of top pot

Pic*

>Biggest surprise IMO is Netherlands not going yet
>yet
They won't be going at all this year

>robben has retired

Thank fuck we won't have to look at his annoying whiny face ever again.

>hosts automatically qualify
stupid meme desu. I like the idea in of the winner getting to either host or sell the rights

NOBODY CARES GO AWAY AND SHOOT SOMEBODY WHILE WATCHING COMMERCIALS

>yet SK and Iran are (going)

You either misread my post or you need to brush up on that English, Sven.

take off the proxy Ivan

You're the only country on earth that can actually turn a profit on a world cup given FIFA's conditions, everyone else is going literal billions in debt for the privilege as it is so their hosting is only fair.

The UK could easily host it tomorrow if needed. Germany is probably another one.

>yfw Polonia wins the WC in russia

how to fix world cup
>Finland always automatically qualifies for comical value

Nigga Chile is 6th.

>USA is not going? the rest is cool tho
It's weird that they're not going, that's what.
Iceland is great, I'll cheer them on.

Nono, it has to be Turkey. They have a decent team but they're fucking morons kek

It's a same there'll be no Chile, I like them. After the way Wales demeaned themselves by celebrating England losing to Iceland like they had won the WC, they can fuck off. I wanted Scotland to qualify.

Technically so could we if FIFA was happy with 40k spectators at a venue, they demand upwards of 60k and a couple over 80k for the opening match and final, how many stadiums like that do you actually have?

And still you would be hosting at a loss, because FIFA gets the money from tickets, accomodation plans, sponsorships, etc. meanwhile you'd get saddled with building infrastructure. Also FIFA demands not to be taxed for any of their activities. Keep in mind this isn't like the Olympics where it's all on a single city.

The Americans can do it for almost free because they already build huge stadiums of that kind on a regular basis and they have enough big cities meeting FIFA requirements in terms of accomodation/transportation, no one else has an economy that can support that shit, tho arguably you and Germany could get away with it just discreetly adding to public debt.

That mean he's also part french

We'd be fine for stadiums.

Well duh, you could tell that just by looking at his face. No Portuguese man is that effeminate, there had to be something else ruining it.

Italy is in the next round, they should btfo Northern Ireland or whatever team they're playing.

Only if you hold half the games in London, assuming you're co-hosting with Wales and Scotland that's a World Cup in only 5-6 cities, so off the bat that's investing on enlarging venues in at least 2-4 cities, assuming all those stadiums are up to current FIFA specs and don't need renovations. And this isn't getting into what ridiculous new requirements World Cups will have after Qatar.

Tho yeah, I'll admit those are impressive numbers for your stadiums.

who /proudABE/ here

or Germany :o

so many foreign sportsmen and fans are coming here. pretty sure russian girls are already excited about all those exotic cocks they'll get to taste. i hope i will also help us increase our population a bit about 9 months after the worls cup. at least something good comes out of it

>I remembered there's not a single french in our team so there's no point in watching it kek

sad really sad thing

>i hope i will also help
i mean i hope IT will also help.
we have demographics problems right now, the birth rates are negative again so we do need some help

>9 months
10 months and 10 days
I thought this was commonly known globally.

it will be a huge party no doubt

You people stay in your mothers' wombs for an extra month? That explains a lot

We still beat you ;_;

Meh, I was rooting for Ghana during last World Championship

wew i'm actually a little bit sad the us didn't make it

>global top 64 teams play
>no pool stage, straight to knock out round
what, no
pools are the comfiest part of the wc

i am always impressed by russia

>Is okay, boss, we seat them somevhere.

It's ugly but there is no reason why it should be unsafe.

>drunk english fans
>thats safe for them

If you visited other sporting event, you would know that it is totally normal

Nobody needs to worry about them since they get killed before the game anyway

the funniest thing is that Poland will be in 1st pot

>no Syria

Irrelevant honeypot tournament.

>Iceland
based

There was a stadium in London that did the same thing, except inside of itself.
Football stadium turned into Olympic one for the games.