Is it pointless to get my hopes up for this movie? It can't be worse than the original right?

Is it pointless to get my hopes up for this movie? It can't be worse than the original right?

What was wrong with the original?

It wasn't good.

It's shittier than Goosebumps.

Will the boys take turns fucking the grill?

Asking the real questions

It's really not a good movie with the exception of Tim Curry. They also got the tone completely wrong.

Not that this will be any better. The design alone is stupid as fuck. No child would ever walk up to that thing willingly.

No child ever walked up to Pennywise willingly except Georgie. Read the novel.

looks like a shitty netflix series poster.

The original was creepy good, what more do you niggers want form a TV miniseries?

Name a better horror TV miniseries than IT.

American Horror Story doesn't count, it's an anthology series.

Seeing as the source materiel is a meandering and bloated mess that features only bland characters, it's probably gonna be shit. The world likes Stephen King because nobody reads fiction, but everyone has read Stephen King.

The original was not creepy good, you were just a stupid toddler who wasn't allowed to watch horror films. Even when I watched the IT double VHS as a kid I thought IT was dogshit.

>succeeds beyond my expectations

What an endorsement

kek

he be all onnidat trip to cancun senpai i be nah man trip to cun cun nawmean haaa

>he's scared of balloons coming out of a fridge

Maybe he had a latex allergy?

In the UK It was released edited into a movie.

From what I gather it cut out a bunch of the flab and made it a whole lot less boring.

It also had the dad from Sister Sister

everyone knows it was just coulrophobics that thought It was scary, it's so goddamn goofy and badly acted.

>0/10

no kid gangbang

lol this is how Muschietti and his cronies are shilling the movie how. "how bad can it be!!! what does it hurt to just go to the theater and buy a ticket, who knows it might even be better than the original! Steven King said it's good and he has no reason to lie about it apart from monetary gain."

King is wildly overrated

Finn is in it so it gotta be good at least

>it can't be worse than the original
>Hollywood says hold my beer

how many millions can you legally make from one tweet?

made for tv, so they didnt include about 90% of the things from the book and what they did include they watered down. King had some of his work turned into shitty tv specials in the 90s and theyre all terrible
IT was probably the best of them though

the only creepy part was when they were kids. when it was the adults turn it went full on ham fest

Little kids who (somehow) aren't afraid of clowns might walk up to it.

Also, that thing is a giant shape-shifting size-changing spider monster that knows a giant turtle that created the universe by vomiting and then choked on a comet. King was to baked to worry about the fact that no one would walk up to that horrifying clown.

why does this look like an age of empire 3 cover ? thats pretty kino

What the fuck is that facial expression?

hahahaha so true

Dude, I'm from UK. It was on Sky One in it's original series form. The movie came out the following year.

the original movie was so fucking Kino!!!!

Also what did Haystack audition for?

Who knows? People actually do pay celebs and such to tweet, like Starbucks will pay $30,000 for Dakota Fanning to tweet that she's getting a frappacino or something.

With movies, I imagine that there's not an insignificant amount of pressure on the people involved to shill for it on social media. Not sure how many points King has, but it's probably something.

Nah they didn't have time for that so they just all go at once.

Director Andy Muschietti here. Here's some story boards I drew up.

I've waited 2 years for this fucking movie. It better be worth it.

nah, The Stand if only for Tom Cullen M-O-O-N That's how you spell Tom Cullen

It will be considerably worse than the original.

Why does he write like a pedophile?

Finn Wolfhard is in this movie.

These are comfy. Where is Finn's storyboard?

For some fucked up reason I couldn't find any more storyboards than those 3. You could do some digging if you want. I just did a quick scan of their instagrams.

This movie made me terrified of clowns when I was a kid and now lead a big part of developing my clown fetish.

This is gonna suck in a big way.

I was born in 1970. By the eighties, NOBODY liked clowns. In the 1950s and 1960s, there were a bunch of clown-themed things for kids that weren't scary, they were more acceptable.

Also, he looks like a little lad who likes berries and cream.

>Tell your friends I am the last of a dying race,' it said, grinning its sunken grin as it staggered and lurched down the proch steps after her. 'The only survivor of a dying planet. I have come to rob all the women...rape all the men...and learn to do the Peppermint Twist!

>youre the only ten I see
what are the odds this dude comes out as a pedo in a decade like jeepers creepers?

I have hopes for it. not high hopes but theyre there.
theyve already confirmed it wont be 100% (or even 50%) faithful to ALL the source material so I dont know what everyones holding out for. Im more curious to see what bastardized version of IT they come up with and how they will be as a stand alone movie. Forget the book, we're not getting it so im going in with a more 'fuck it, lets see what you got" attitude

at worst ill blow like 7 dollars if I dont end up pirating it anyway and see it {spoiler]with friends in theaters

He's a Hollywood director. He won't "come out" unless he gets caught, but the odds of him being a degenerate pedo are roughly 600%

>like 7 dollars

Where the fuck do you live that movie tickets are only seven dollars?

My father who directed this movie wanted me to share this with you

small town theater in the midwest.

theres rumors its fucking closing soon and im upset

>Not watching all your movies at the big fancy theater with the fancy seats
Why even bother leaving your house?

FUCK YEAH DRIDER KINK 2017 INCOMING

>2017
>The Year of the Drider

Nah. He won't come out. Fans are too forgiving and overlook stuff like sexual predation in movies/books. Why do you think people ignore that Buffy The Vampire Slayer was filled with pedophilia and sexualizing teens.

That guy has been a joke since he was run down by a car. Last novel I throughly enjoyed was Insomnia and that was published in 94.

I hope we get all the decapitations, the giant bird in the furnance, Bob Gray and sicko Patrick.

I'm cool without the smoking weed to summon the mystic turtle and orgy scenes. Those were so goddamn stupid.

I don't know if I should go watch this alone or go with my sister. IT has been a huge part of our life, but I know she'll be making remarks and MST3K the whole fucking thing and I really want to put my attention watching it.

Tell her if she talks during the movie that you'll spank her red raw

The book would be better with at least 40% of the fluff cut out, as it is it's bloated and ponderous.

The original tv movie was okay.
This new one will probably be okay.

Well, for one thing it seems like the kid shit will be set in the 80s, and allowing the adult shit to be set in the present.

Also this one will have Hockstetter in it, unlike the tv movie.

The only thing that needs to be cut is the drawn out ending where the storm destroys the town.

You obviously haven't read the book recently.

I did in 2015. I enjoy a fleshed out Derry.

Is this tied in with the dark tower movie?

If it doesn't have the drider scene then I don't want to see it

>and then choked on a comet

galaxy, shitlord. he choked on a galaxy.

probably my biggest gripe. the 50s setting was quintessential to the book, changing it was just another cash grab
>look at this pop culture reference
>the wolf man and the mummy? nah too old how about pennywise turns into jigsaw or the doll from anabelle
>dont forget to tweet #pennywiselives during the movie

this
im going in pretending its completely its own thing and not even think about the books. its the easiest way to choke these down

Speaking of Stephen King mini series, remember that awful ABC 1997 Shining remake? I saw it when it aired. Ugh.

it was a made for tv ABC mini series

You just KNOW

What the fuck happened to him? Wasn't he writing for the back page of Entertainment Weekly at one point? Jesus.

if he likes it thats a sign that its probably bad

Why does this look like a poster for an action movie?

Reminds me of this.

Don't know, but that clown doesn't look scary, instead it looks badass.

I have higher hopes for this than The BLACKED Tower.

>“I was trying to make an unconventional horror film. It didn’t fit into the algorithm of what they knew they could spend and make money back on based on not offending their standard genre audience. Our budget was perfectly fine. We were always hovering at the $32 million mark, which was their budget. It was the creative that we were really battling. It was two movies. They didn’t care about that. In the first movie, what I was trying to do was an elevated horror film with actual characters. They didn’t want any characters. They wanted archetypes and scares. I wrote the script. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive.

>“The main difference was making Pennywise more than just the clown. After 30 years of villains that could read the emotional minds of characters and scare them, trying to find really sadistic and intelligent ways he scares children, and also the children had real lives prior to being scared. And all that character work takes time. It’s a slow build, but it’s worth it, especially by the second film. But definitely even in the first film, it pays off.

>“It was being rejected. Every little thing was being rejected and asked for changes. Our conversations weren’t dramatic. It was just quietly acrimonious. We didn’t want to make the same movie. We’d already spent millions on pre-production. I certainly did not want to make a movie where I was being micro-managed all the way through production, so I couldn’t be free to actually make something good for them. I never desire to screw something up. I desire to make something as good as possible.

Pretty excited for this, desu baka senpai. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

Fuck off with this shit. We've seen his leaked script and it was absolutely awful. I'm glad they saved us from him.

>“We invested years and so much anecdotal storytelling in it. Chase and I both put our childhood in that story. So our biggest fear was they were going to take our script and bastardize it. So I’m actually thankful that they are going to rewrite the script. I wouldn’t want them to stealing our childhood memories and using that. I mean, I’m not sure if the fans would have liked what I would had done. I was honoring King’s spirit of it, but I needed to update it. King saw an earlier draft and liked it.”

>Trailer plays "Behind Blue Eyes".

You know what, fuck you Sony.

>it does

>IT gets a second movie
>No The Long Walk movie

Fuck this world.

I'm seriously getting worried by now that it won't have a drider

Right, and the clown looks completely retarded.

For me it's the McChicken.

Reading 11/22/63 right now and not really getting invested in it a third of the way in.

Insomnia was great.

>Leaked script

Holy fuck, got a link? I'd love to read it. Is it just a simple google search?

I didn't save the link, surely someone here has it. It was remarkably bad.