Passengers or "Let's pretend Jennifer Lawrence is a catch for 2 hours."

Passengers or "Let's pretend Jennifer Lawrence is a catch for 2 hours."

It was okay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XYLX5dxhj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd bang her, but she's so fucking FAKE personality wise, huge primadonna. I hope she falls on her face literally and figuratively.

I just want a bird to shit on her car

Would have been better as a slasher flick, with the guy waking the women one at a time, and hunting them on the ship.

Horrible movie but decent OST
youtube.com/watch?v=7XYLX5dxhj0

That's basically Pandorum, which was far better than this.

Loved the visuals in this movie though.

Just one bird?

LOL

why wouldn't the ship wake up the crew if there was a catastrophic problem that need repair? why else was there a crew on the ship, what purpose did they serve if they were just going to be hibernating the entire time like the passengers?

And why would a trip that takes over 100 years been seen as efficient? You would literally be throwing your life away for the sake of a vacation.

the answer was given in the totally natural and not at all forced exposition sequence at the beginning of the movie

i knew she would save him when he was hit by the reactor blast because she plays those roles where women are just as strong and capable as men, it was so predictable

they were going to wake up a few months before. probably to help land and make sure everything is fine upon landing

>the writers actually thought they were using the word "failsafe" correctly
>ship didn't have a single actual failsafe

I was thinking that all the system failures were going to lead to something like them finding out the company that owns the ship is trying to destroy it for the insurance money. Something like that.
Also, why hire Andy Garcia if he's going to get literally 20 seconds of screen time?

They probably had jobs to do when they get to the planet. Even if it was only running a basic infirmary, docking to a space station, and overseeing a bunch of people getting transferred to the planet, it still takes some people, and it didn't look like they had a massive crew or anything. Like 10 people at the most, from what I saw.

The craziest implication in my opinion is that the professional crew are due to live for well over 1,000 years. They get on a ship, hibernate, travel 140 years, wake up, spend two or three months docking and such, maybe get a year or so leave, then get back on the ship, hibernate, travel 140 years, wake up, and so on. By the time you're leaving for your fourth go-round, it's 1,200 years since you were born.

There's not really any other real way to travel long distances, and once you take one trip every one you knew who didn't go to sleep with you will be dead. The colonists were at least planning to live their lifetime after a one-way trip. JLaw was at least planning to live a lifetime on Earth after a round-trip. But the crew just keeps time-traveling farther and farther into the future.

A big bird

>Implying Jennifer Lawrence is not a pure 10/10 in that movie

The only scenario that makes a single lick of sense is the ship was never intended to survive the trip. Because by the time anyone found out everyone had died, everyone responsible at the company that built/launched the ships would be long dead.

>go on trip
>hibernate
>do your job
>go on return trip to Earth
>hibernate
>congrats, all your skills and education are now as valuable as a goatherder's in 21st century New York.

At this point is be perfectly fine skipping a couple centuries. For Jesus fuck modern reality is a complete and total nightmare and the only reason anyone thinks otherwise is they might know one or two people who aren't total shit, in their opinion.

Negro there isn't going to be an industrial revolution every century. Or even every millennia.

Find a flaw in this Aryan goddess.

Pro-tip: you can't.

most off-putting part was how shit and pretentious her writing was.

>be goatherd today
>make crazy money selling "organic" milk/cheese/chops to retards

She's not sitting on my face.

Crew is around 230 people

Why would you want to fast-pickle your face?

My biggest question watching it was: Why would you set a course straight through a fucking asteroid field? You have literally infinite amounts of space to travel through, and you chose the worst possible one? Were they just gambling there would be no large asteroids they might hit?

>fast-pickle

What's this now?

small underdeveloped breasts

Cause the shield was fail safe lol!

This was the worst movie I've been coerced to see after the Hobbit

her tits are nicer when she's nude, usually the opposite, she's hot as fuck, personality means dick

the odds of encountering an asteroid in an asteroid field is astronomically low

Unless it hits something big, like, I dunno, an asteroid. But where in space would you find an asteroid, am I right?

The process of pickling, except quicker

The fuck you think

andy garcia in a pouch?

The odds of encountering one outside of an asteroid field is significantly lower.

And asteroid fields are rarely very thick. It would be so fucking easy to avoid it, it's like they wanted to crash into it.

She has weird baggy, droopy eyes. I don't like desu

dude thats fucked

>implying based J Law isn't one of us, she is just like us guys, just a regular super cool person

I thought Sheen's performance was bretty gud.

No, but even an engineering degree from 20 years ago is worthless now unless you worked in the field during this time.

reprehensible...

Someone was posting celebrity homes one night a little over a year ago and she had the coolest looking little cottage.

Jlaw is humble and the salt of the earth.

I just watched Pandorum a few days ago, because it got recommended in another Passenger thread.
All in all, it wasn't really that good imo. It was a better take on the whole giant spacecraft with people waking up from cryostasis than Passengers for sure. But it kinda shot itself in the foot with the whole spaceorks thing and not so great plot. It was probably still better than Passengers, but all in all just as cheesy and definitely underwhelming.

yeah, he was good.
Though why would people in whenever the movie takes place want a 20th century bar?

Jlawl should have sacrificed herself and made pratf feel guilty and have to live with all he done AND being all alone again.

Movie ends with him looming over the second hottest girl on the ship with tools in his hand

>watching passengers
>he's deciding whether to wake her up
>I point out he should wake up 3 women and a maid

user, I don't think you get the point of the movie.

So what was the twist?

what WAS his fucking problem?

her moles are pretty gross d e s u

roboeunuch

why did he tell her about the ring and then give starlord a smug ass face? was he built to be an asshole robot?

>that moment where she finds out he let her out and she gets "OUTRAGED"

this is how they want western women to act? completely unreconcilable and unreasonable?

its retro, bro!

Haha someone's never seen Star Wars my man top kek as they say you cuck what did you mean by this?

"there are no secrets between us"

i'm going to do what you did now

She looks legit hot as fuck in this movie, though.

Fucking pottery right there.

literally babby's first celebrity lust tier

she's a bitch
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_zja9pepgU

First thing I've ever seen Pratt in and holy fuck is he a terrible actor

oh neat i didnt put two in two together at that moment

Nope. She looks great in Passengers.

she looked ok

how come they cut the part where she wakes the deck officer up? shit made sense with that scene

She looked great.

>those disgusting moles

rather live my whole life behind my phone desu

like you have a choice

she could play a grown up Lex from in a jurassic park sequel

Its like a Miyazaki movie without the endearing characters, insightful and profound setting and the quality message: a movie that falls apart abruptly in the third act.

Her face is aging about x1.5 times faster than the rest of her body and the body started as 7/10

Haha or you retarded or did you not watch the movie? Once you wake up you can't go back to sleep. Everyone would die before getting to the planet

Shes not all that get over it.

If I ever had a girlfriend she'd be way hotter than Jennifer Lawrence. I'm living with my mom to save money so I'll be ready to support her as soon as she arrives.

No.

Was getting caught part of your keikaku?

MUH DICK

Fuck, she looks even hotter with that platinum blonde hair. Wish she'd kept it that way.

hhnnnnnggggg

This movie had the elements of a great comedy.
>guy is the only one to wake up
>fuck it, gonna have a good time
>time passes "maybe I should get a gf"
>wakes jennifer up
>she is a complete bitch and ruins everything
>man loses sanity

>critical error
Better not wake up any crew,
Seriously this is an insane oversight. You could have it wake ONE crew member and it wouldn't seem like a convenient plot hole

>Jennifer-Lawrence--X-Men-Apocalypse-Premiere--28.jpg
>28

post more of her from this set senpai

Wasn't that already done in sunshine? Also Pandorum had that plot with the addition of ship mutants.

Yep. It's not about the action, but the actor. Did YOU do it? It's wrong.

if you look carefully at the ship diagnostics, you can see one of the failing subsystems is robot_bartender

Why wasn't he enough company?

when she smiles she looks like a Treacher-Collins victim

The people who keep trying to come up with arguments against the plot of the film are as dumb as the film itself.

mang, if you want anything other than dismissive replies, you gotta like act like the plot holes are perfectly explained.

5000 people, ~250 staff, only one bartender?

where was the hot robot barmaid for whiskey/rocks and succ?

or JLaw would have survived and after a few months she would be standing in front of a stasis pod with some tools

>50% of light speed
Fucking why. Who would go on a ship under light speed for over 100 years?

Her bouncing tna was magical in the movie.

>Who would go on a ship under light speed for over 100 years?

>Who would enter cryosleep to become one of the ~5000 founders of a new colony world?

>Who would [cool science-fiction shit]?

Yo.

>no gravity in space
>no friction in space
>when the power goes out the gravity wheels stop spinning

>colony ship
>no one should be awake for over 100 years
>they still keep the lights on
>they still waste power running the gravity wheels

because fuck this gay earth

and hell, there are people lining the fuck up to die on the year long trip to mars or within days of landing.

I was thinking the ending was going to be JL being forced by Pratt into the medbay stasis pod, and waking up at the new planet. She gathers herself and discovers Pratt constructed a stasis pod of his own after studying its operation manuals. She goes to meet him and finds that he aged a decade or two after she went to sleep.

I still don't get why there was only one of those medbay pod thingies.