What's so bad about this kind of society? Seems fair to me

What's so bad about this kind of society? Seems fair to me.

they started the war with the bugs

>Buenos Aires
>everyone is white

Verhoeven should've read more of the book and kept the father subplot and realise it wasn't about Fascism but owning uo to your duty in face of ovewhelming odds.

still a great movie

All military, political and economic power is concentrated among one closed-off class of society. Why would citizens need to give a fuck about anybody else, and how is that fair for the majority who can't serve?

Most people in Argentina are White to be fair. Not as Aryan as the cast of Starship Troopers, but still.

>mfw i learned michael ironside is actually an amputee irl
shit blew my fucking mind

>All military, political and economic power is concentrated among one closed-off class of society
How the fuck is it closed off when literally everyone who's physically able can serve?

Why can't the majority serve?

You really think bugs could poop out asteroids that travel light years to hit earth? Get real. Asteroid attack was an inside job

>C'MON YOU APES, YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?

I'd happily die if he was my CO tbqhwyf

I'm English, but fair is fair.

> Your government keeps blowing shit up in your own society just to keep everyone on their toes and power within military government
idk mate you tell me

the world is much more homogeneous in the future

The only wrong part was letting women into the military

The bugs can literally shoot down spaceships in orbit, I'm pretty sure they could fuck with an asteroid's trajectory to send it towards earth.

and we would detect it literally years ahead of time and could divert its path easily

it was an inside job you retarded sheep

> shooting a fuckign rock across entire universe with absolute pin point accuracy
> also happens to be the city of the protagonist
> also happens to happen when the girlfriend of the protagonist manages to turn of the defense grid

>dude just let the government have ultimate power they will only do what I want them to do and this wont get out of hand like every single other time its ever happened in human history lmao

Nigger, did you even watch the movie? The news reports said the asteroid came from Klendathu, the bug system. The bugs have no form of advanced technology, much less warp drive. The ability to shoot down ships in orbit around your planet is NOT the same as the ability to hurel a km sized chunk of rock clear across the god damned galaxy.

Read the book, it's ridiculously hard to get into the servicee, cause every deadbeat wants to do it, but they don't need that many soldiers or can train them.

Everyone is allowed to join, but they weed out the majority during training.

>closed off
>serve a term to become a citizen
???

>The ability to shoot down ships in orbit around your planet is NOT the same as the ability to hurel a km sized chunk of rock clear across the god damned galaxy.
Ok, but the point is that the bugs clearly have space warfare capabilities far beyond what you'd expect and beyond even what we presently have on Earth right now.

if the government had "ultimate power" they wouldn't really need to false flag to have a bug war would they?

In the book he wasn't white and his name was Juan Rico

>I'm English
Hey, look guys...another '''''''''white'''''''''' gentlemen.

Dude, we have nukes that are more than capable of destroying anything in orbit. I think we have the advantage here.

They can shoot plasma into space to bring down starcruisers. Yes, they did launch the asteroid, the "inside job" is a stupid meme that has no basis in the movie or in the book.

beaners bitch about rico being whitewashed

It would take billions of years for an asteroid to reach earth from that distance, probably much longer. Its implied because they are a society built on war and they need a target to rally against to keep the war economy rolling. You just say that its a meme to try to get away from arguing against it.

Are you assuming he wasn't White because his name was Juan or did it specifically say so?

>be Denise Richards
>hot as fuck
>1997
>intergalactic battleship pilot
>1998
>world-class nuclear scientist

Feminists blown the FUCK out

>Fascism actually is really cool

wait if they were fascist were the bugs communist? that would explain why they were composed of brain bugs and billions of drones and why they lost

The older guy at Camp Currie who was training for MI with Rico became a cook even though he was unfit for more active roles because he still wanted to serve and the Federation found him something to do.

all ecological colonies are effectively communist

what the fuck is up with her hand

uh dont they usually have a queen?

Every example of communism in history had a leader
inb4 not real communism. Fuck off

It was a Meritocracy

>Lower class and Middle Class is mostly a mix between the indians and spaniards. So they'll be darker in skin tone
>Upper Class never really mingled with the lower class indians and they're mostly more European(Spanish) in looks. So them being lighter in skin tone is actually common.

That's how it works with most of the Central, South American Countries. Watch a Soap Opera or News Channels from there. Most people you'll see will be more Spanish looking than the poors.

So given how Rico lived, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

That's not true though. Argentina is like 90% White.

A society that functions solely on war tents to go belly up fairly quickly.

Either the enemies go extinct, one of the many powerful military leaders seize power, or they lose more than they gain with the wars and crumble.

Starship troopers the movie is so different from the book that I wouldn't really assume the same details apply

>Have a queen
>Have warrior castes
>Have peasant worker drones
Eusocial species are closer to feudalism/monarchism than communism.

>argentina
>es blanco

There are also a lot of Argentinians who have Italian, German or British ancestry

If it wasn't for the Mormons everything would have worked out fine

I suppose that's true, since colonies aren't a constant stream of complete societal breakdown and anarchy

Kinda and kinda not.

The thing with feudalism is that the monarch didn't have that much power and the country was more or less run by the local lords.

How much "power" do insect queens have anyways?

It's another movie that has no sense of scale and idiots that have no idea how big a fucking galaxy actually is.

>Klendathu is (about) 90,000 light years from Earth
>The bugs got pissed we settled in their system a few years ago so somehow tossed an asteroid across the galaxy, through galactic central core, while making it travel at warp 9.9 ... somehow

>Starship troopers was a fascist society

Are you so fucking fat you can't read?

>startshiptroopers3.jpg

That's not Starship Troopers 3 dude, that's the first one.

Today I will remind them

The federation did nothing wrong

The teacher chapter in the book is actually great.

>Geneva world (((government))) council

Totalitarian

>Service Guarantees Citizenship

2-tier society. Have to join military to survive

>Buenos Aires was false flag 9/11

Bugs didn't send meteorite, they are across the other side of galaxy and would have had to plan in thousands of years. Clearly they needed excuse to invade ala 9/11

It's a meme version of Fascism. It's degenerate as fuck.

Something about nazi war criminals fleeing there after WW2

eh no. The only way to keep power is to have people scared and "need" someone to protect them aka government.

it's not wrapped around my cock

they have an entire upperclass of military trained/ (potentially) indoctrinated citizens to support them why would they care significantly about the underclass of civilians?

because a man cant win a war against his fridge, this has been proven again and again

>have interstellar spaceships but no automated farming

>taking "food" literally

their underclass would basically be serfs, it would be like sparta if they aren't even farming they literally wouldn't matter

So was it ever explained how the bugs were able to target the ships in orbit?

The ones who cant serve are then unfit to be citizens, that's the whole point. You want to weed out all the degenerates

well they have psychic powers so I dont think it's that hard

Rico's family was against service and they well very well off. If you don't serve you don't get a say in the governing system, other than that you're peachy.

>2-tier society. Have to join military to survive
False. Serving gives you the right to get involved involved in politics and vote.
Residents are free to do anything but that. Rico's family was wealthy even though nobody in the family before him served.

>nuke incoming asteroid
>now there are multiple asteroids incoming

We don't really have reference for how wealthy Rico's family is in comparison to other people. It could be that his circumstances were somewhat average. South America has an awful lot of land, lots of room for spacious housing.

You mean like how the spartans had an entire upperclass of military trained/ (potentially) indoctrinated citizens to support them, so why should they care about the helots?

yeah pretty much

Fairly confidant rico's family was portrayed as very well off compared to the average.

Don't know why you absolutely need military service as a requirement to serve your country when there's so many other ways to serve a community, like being a firefighter. You aren't even required to "risk your life" or whatever since military service could mean being a paper pusher at a recruitment office. It's just a totally arbitrary military jerkoff fantasy.

Didn't the book outright say their government was literally due to a military coup? Of course the military is going to put itself at the top and make everything be about themselves, they're invariably the biggest primadonnas of every society.

If you've helped your community in some way you should have every right to participate in guiding your community. Military should just be one avenue, not the only avenue.