youtube.com/watch?v=OsyjglmndZc
youtube.com/watch?v=eilDS0IKhLE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Heathers
blade runner
braveheart

why Heathers? haven't seen it, just curious

A real tearjerker

user, that movie was terrible, you stupid fuck.

Seriously, it's as bad as recommending The Patriot.

WE WERE SAMURAI AND FECAL MATTER

>offers nothing
>merely criticizes
>doesn't even give a justification just "it's bad"

literally jewish behavior

Off topic as fuck, reported

I enjoyed The Patriot.

>Seriously, it's as bad as recommending The Patriot.

is this some sort of Sup Forums meme

Sing
>putting niggers where they belong

That movie was all sorts of fucking retarded what are you on about OP

it's pre-Colombine shooting, by like 6 years.

eviscerates mainstream American youth culture. great flick. great dislogue. great actors. great plot. ahead of its time.

you can watch it free on YouTube if the upload is still there

POLITICS FOOL

Alright, I'll bite.

>False title: there were plenty of samurai after this
>Implausible lead just to get the America public to see the movie
>A wife would not fall in love with the man who killed her husband and having him stay in the same house is contrived
>Unrealistic depiction of samurai
>Cruz is an unconvincing drunk
>For no reason, stays sober
>Basically, Japanese Dances With Wolves
>Imperialists and Samurai are hollowed stereotypes
>It's not plausible that a Samurai Warlord would know English
>Few people who knew the history of these tribes would sympathize with their cause, so it relies, as I said before, on an overly idealized conception of the Samurai

I've gone there like four times in my life, so no.

That movie is even worse. Aside from looking good, the acting was hammy, the history was wrong in almost every way, the characters were cliched, and the plot has little of a driving force.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "bad movie," but I don't know how naive you would have to be to like it. I mean, this is Roland Emerich we're talking about.

>movie where Mel Gibson kills a horse with the American flag
>terrible

Based

This thread has little to do with politics or history, but if the interest in the Patriot is based on the history, nothing could be a more compelling reason to dislike this movie.

user, I'm sorry but you have shit taste. It was panned by plenty of critics and historically, it's a nightmare.

so basically you hate the Last Samurai because it's not a documentary

This is the only true answer.

kek

I don't see why we're even discussing it on Sup Forums. If it's supposed to be historical drama, (which would be Sup Forums's sole interest in the movie), it fails so hard in every way.

I found the acting hammy. The idea of an American soldier whose primary knowledge is with guns being useful or necessary to train Japanese peasants in sword-fighting is extremely stupid.

Is the book worth a read?

What do you have to say before I find you guilty?

I thought you were trying to justify why it's BAD

Grow up, it's a fucking movie.

If you mean what it really is based off of which is "Heart of Darkness" then yes it is.

>everything that happens in a movie can be excused because reasons
kill yourself

During the initial battle with samurai rebels Cruise scores several close combat kills of armoured samurai with his cavalry sabre, using his western skill honed by decades of practice -> then in captivity suddenly can't do shit against single unarmored opponent and has to abandon his western ways and learn slit-eyed bullshido. My sides.

why? this movie gets alot of praise, i don't want to shit on your parade but i thought it was awful but i haven't watched it since i was redpilled

My point was that it wasn't original, and most people would view something like calling Avatar, "Dances with Wolves in Space," a pejorative term.

>False title: there were plenty of samurai after this
It's not meant to be literal, you dimwit.

>Implausible lead just to get the America public to see the movie
The movie is about Americans training Japanese soldiers, how is it implausible? It's the entire point of the movie. Also the lead is based on an actual person.

>A wife would not fall in love with the man who killed her husband and having him stay in the same house is contrived
You don't understand Japanese culture.

See above.

>Cruz is an unconvincing drunk
I thought he was fine, it was not a major point of the movie though.

>For no reason, stays sober
For no reason? They refused to give him alcohol.

Okay?

>Imperialists and Samurai are hollowed stereotypes
The movie goes out of its way to paint both imperialists and samurai as having different opinions on both sides, there are characters on both ends of the spectrum.

>It's not plausible that a Samurai Warlord would know English
Completely plausible in the era these events took place.

>Few people who knew the history of these tribes would sympathize with their cause, so it relies, as I said before, on an overly idealized conception of the Samurai
That's why half the entire fucking movie is spent on the main character not liking this culture at all but slowly learning and growing fond of it as he observes it.

0/10, every single point you tried to make is complete shit criticism. I don't even like this movie that much and your post triggered me.

that's my favorite movie

>the patriot
>bad
what are you, gay? the last samurai is also an awesome movie.

This movie is dogshit, by the way another anglo revisionnist garbage, the real officer was french.
Same thing for Master and Commanders.
Fucking anglo.

Watch it again
Londonistat 2030
Muslim parades in the street, chanting Allahu Akbar

Not politics

Thread reported

>promotes yellow fever
>based
JUST

Yeah, this was a pretty good movie.

>God already left Africa
Top quality line. Awesome music too.
youtube.com/watch?v=OsyjglmndZc

Fuckin' love that movie.

this is actually a good prediction of the future

not that I like that vision though

?? d-double post ??

all based as fuck boys

SPOOKY

You've probably never heard of it

Only liked the joker desu

>It's not meant to be literal, you dimwit.
Okay, but I can still laugh at the idea that the last samurai is apparently an American.

>The movie is about Americans training Japanese soldiers, how is it implausible
Because that's not remotely how it happened.

> Also the lead is based on an actual person.
Who was sent specifically to modernize the Shogon army and actually did it, as opposed to having them fight as they otherwise would have in their barbaric fashion.

>You don't understand Japanese culture.
I understand it well enough that their depiction of the Samuria was completely bullshit. So should I understand it well enough to know they deserved to be wiped out, or well enough to know a widdow would take in her husband's killer and fall in love with him?

My point was more that it would be difficult from a historical perspective to sympathize with them, as if feudalism should still have existed in the 19th Century.

>For no reason? They refused to give him alcohol.
I'll allow this.

>Okay?
As in, not original.

>The movie goes out of its way to paint both imperialists and samurai as having different opinions on both sides, there are characters on both ends of the spectrum.
I meant they are caricatures and cliched characters. Katsumoto is a stolid, honorable, and fearless warlord, while the Japanese industrialist is a cigar-smoking, derby- and waistcoat-wearing capitalist, and we're supposed to respond to him as representing the morally wrong course for Japan to take, while the old ways are without any rigor sentimentalized as superior. The fact that in historical reality, the Samurai were clearly the bad guys makes this all the more indefensible. Pretty much just a various of the trope of the "noble savage."

>Completely plausible in the era these events took place.
Why? If anything, they would have known French, and probably not even that. I know of now evidence that Saigo Takamori, the basis of Katsumoto, knew English. It's clearly just contrived because otherwise, Algren could communicated with the tribe.

>That's why half the entire fucking movie is spent on the main character not liking this culture at all but slowly learning and growing fond of it as he observes it.
I meant was that in reality, most audiences would find the samurai way of life barbaric and their cause morally insupportable.

Frank Boyle as Oscar Zeta Acosta was horseshit. Acosta was a spic savage

Yes, it was fucking bad. How could anybody watch that movie and then complain about cliched characters in any other medium is beyond me. It's like a director watched Spielberg and thought the characters we're too complex and subtle and wanted to make them as fucking obvious as possible.

I doubt there would be any point at which humans arbitrary lose the ability to procreate, so I disagree.

Social commentary about the necessity for women to be strong and destroy the evil spirits "the patriarchy" .

many great scenes for sexualizing their secretary and putting men in their place.
11/10
GO WATCH!!

Okay, so at this point, there's not even a pretension this is about politics?

>mfw ephebophile

Along with The Last Samurai and The Patriot, some of my favorite movies.

A masterpiece. I cry every time.

1/2

You do understand it's based on a true story ?

Just a fun, old time. An instant classic.

2/2

This, basically. It's incredibly hard to find """historical""" movies that don't fall into the "dey wuz good bois!" Bullshit or completely abandon any semblance of accuracy.

Stop

So good...

3/2

i hope its the LSD

It's like I really know what those Spartans went through.

Classic skinhead film, but it has very little intellectual things to say.

I'm surprised people don't really mention this movie on here, considering how much it relates to today. Also Bill the Butcher GOAT American hero

Good post
That movie was awesome.

This wasn't half bad, I'll be honest. Visually enticing, touches on an underused premise and from an underused perspective. Al around pretty entertaining. Most of pol
Has shit taste in movies, it seems.

We can never forget the 6 million who died.

"The Big Short," which is on netflix right now, actually is very good (but add in about 100x jews for the one they put in).

I'm smashing my head against the wall I didn't make huge money off "Brexit," bc I saw it coming back when BBC showed "The Last Whites of The East End" and how bad the polling was in last year's Brit general elections.

>was thinking of Glory
>it has dey wuz good bois shit

damn it

some redpilled scenes in this one

youtube.com/watch?v=eilDS0IKhLE

In Heathers didn't the dad advocate beating his wife or something?

Not that accurate because it didn't show Arthur pulling the sword out of the stone, but otherwise, spot-on.

All of these are pleb movies.

You forgot one

>Samurai
>Not corrupt fucks which spelled their own doom
The Last Samurai is depicting Samurai as dindu nuffins.

Someone's been trying to get me to watch this for a while, now. After the pile of shit that was The Wolf of Wall Street, I'm wary of these sorts of movies.