Why don't Britain play basketball at a high level when practically every other major European country does?

Why don't Britain play basketball at a high level when practically every other major European country does?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i want to see this anime girl get eaten by a giant fish!

arabs aren't particularly tall people

We don't have enough blacks

>Have exactly one (1) british player in nba history
>he's a flaming queer

based Deng is gay?

>tfw only one NBA player and he is a living legend
>tfw only one NFL player and he is a two times Superb Owl champion

>dirk
>only german player in the nba

"germans" like schröder dont count

but "germans" with polish surnames like dirk do count? it's like saying podolski is german but boateng isn't

just accept you are a multicultural nation, all of them are german

Considering his parents are german and there's a clear difference between fucking random africans and Poland, a country we share a big border with and which was part of Germany in the past, yeah, they do count.

>this underage ISIS migrant doesn't know Detlef Schrempf

You are just being racist, your argument doesn't make sense

>devoting yourself to ball when allah is life

John Ameachi
Based Deng is from the Sudan

>not spreading the word of allah (pbuh) through ball

I have a hard time seeing the French and Italians putting forward good basketball players, all their cousins in the US are short motherfuckers

No, because like I said, Nowitzki is a german through and through. The name Nowitzki may have polish roots, but like I said due to the proximity and general historic mingling, it not a strictly polish name today.
And you're just willfully ignorant if you pretend Poland and Gambia are the same in regards to their relation with Germany.

>On May 16, 2017, Vollmer announced his retirement from the NFL
Scratch NFL then.

>Detlef Schrempf was born in Leverkusen, a city in then West Germany. He moved with his family to the United States for his senior year of high school
Nope. Same goes for that American who plays for our national team.

Forgot about him. Does he even play?

-ski is an old Saxon ending. The Poles adopted some of our names after christianization.

I object to the underage part.

>And you're just willfully ignorant if you pretend Poland and Gambia are the same in regards to their relation with Germany.
This is irrelevant

A guy born and raised in Argentina with Uruguayan roots is as Argentine as a guy with Senegalese roots. The same goes for Germany or any other country, you just point out the guy from African origins is different than other immigrants just because of the skin of his colour

No it's not the same because every country in Europe is a blend to some (small) degree, mostly with those countries surrounding in, which for Germany includes Poland, but not Gambia.

Again, willfull ignorance on your part to pretend it's all the same.

You don't understand what I said. For me Schröder is as German as Nowitzki, both are as German as you. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't make a difference between them, both are born and raised in Germany

you're retarded

But he isn't. Nationality isn't just what's written in your fucking passport.

How?

>tfw he wanted to be so multicultural he married a black swede

>Nationality isn't just what's written in your fucking passport.
When did I say that? The birthplace is irrelevant, we agree. But Schröder lived his whole life in Germany, he was raised by German ways. That's what makes him German, not only the fact that we was also born there

Could you explain in which way I'm wrong without falling in racism?

I don't think it's racist to say race is part of nationality. He's mixed, he's literally HALF german.

You are confusing race and nationality: German isn't a race

He's fully German as in nationality, he might be racially mixed, black and white

You subhuman baboon. You literal nigger.

How dare you speak, you swarthy jungle monkey. How dare you open your big lipped, rim encrusted, menthol cigarette smelling mouth?

You are human trash, Diego Tyrone LeShawn de Maradona. Universally despised, derided and mocked. Your nationality and skin tone offers no hope to the world that South America can ever prosper. Crawl back in to the Brazilian jungle you came out of, you literal orangutan.

I hope you decide to sail your grandfathers skip to the Falklands and rape some sheep, as is in the negroes nature. It would still be the whitest pussy you ever had. Give Nigel and Robert a chance for some target practice, your sole use to the world. Argentinians obsession with a few windswept islands in the Atlantic is hilarious but sad. Coincidentally its the only worthwhile contribution Argentina has made to the medical field. The MUH LAS MALVINAS sentiment in the average negro Argentinian is both an early warning sign of autism in children, and early on set Alzheimer's in adults.

Take your black hairy fingers off your keyboard, and never talk about the human species again, you mockery of our supposed shared ancestor.. No amount of olive oil and wheat flour slabbed on your face every morning will make you white. It's about as delusional of an idea as your daydreams of European heritage.

You nigger.

You make Bolivia look like a beacon of civilisation.

You are the Baltimore of South America.

Go fertilise the pampas with you and your families corpses, its the best you can hope for in life. For the first time in your life, nigger, you have a job making food for beings vastly superior to yourself. Uruguayan cattle. Coincidentally, it would be the first time an Argentinian "man" provided for a family.

Die, Diego. No one would miss you. Except for Australian Aboriginals, who now would have no one to make them look good.

>this fucking thread

Fuck me, the braindead German in here is even worse than most American Sup Forumslacks

No I'm not confusing anything. Whether or not german as a unique race exist is debatable, but there certainly is a germanic people, a germanic race.
Like I said, nationality is not just the line is your passport. It's a shared culture, language, history and race.

Talk to me m8. Tell me where I'm so unreasonable.

>Whether or not german as a unique race exist is debatable, but there certainly is a germanic people, a germanic race.
Adolf please, it isn't debatable. "German" isn't a race, it's a nationality

>This angry nigger
Lmao

Because Britain doesn't like murrilard sports

Basketball is a Canadian sport

It's debatable in the sense that the lines what is a "unique enough" phenotype to constitute a classification as a specific race is blurry.

For example, most people would agree that there is at least a very rough distinction between races based on the broadest observable differences - blacks and whites are clearly different to give you one of the more drastic examples. But if you go into detail, it gets debatable because you could theoretically break down every group into smaller, more distinct groups.

I'm starting to think this weird argument between them is more a result of limited English fluency and inaccurate terminology than anything else, since I can see what they're both getting at and why they're confused

Then enlighten us oh english master.

You are brigning a pseudoproblem of definition, the subject of catagorisations and where is the limit is a pointless argument because it can't be solved

By canon (that's how science works), there isn't such thing as "German race", don't believe the Nazi propaganda

The German guy is confusing "Germanic" and "German", idk why tho, in German those terms have very different words.

Even if that's what you think which is a perfectly legitimate view, there clearly is a race of people living in Germany and they tend to look like Dennis Schröder.

Of course Schröder isn't white, but when you talk about nationality the race is irrelevant. Almost all countries are multiracial, and Germany isn't one of the exceptions

to not look like Schröder, herp fucking derp

> but when you talk about nationality the race is irrelevant.
Why do yout think that? What do you think makes up a nation?
Again, this goes back to you apparently thinking nationality is what's written in your passport.

Best post IT

you have five nba players currently

nowitzki
kleber
theiss
schroeder
zipser

LeBron James and Tom Brady aren't part of the same nationality?

The US isn't Germany.

And no, I don't think there is an american nationality in the classical sense.

You sound very nazi, saying shit like "the only way to have a real nation is by having ethnic purity"

nationality has only ever meant one thing, what is this "classical sense"

>You sound very nazi
Oh noes! Hear that boys! He called us nahtzeess!

No I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying the US is historically very unique in this regard.

>nationality has only ever meant one thing
No it doesn't. Hell, it doesn't even only mean one thing right now. If you ask a civic nationalist, all that matters is common values.

Oh and to answer your question, the classic nation is made up of people sharing common language, customs, territory and ethnicity.

>If you ask a civic nationalist, all that matters is common values.
Then they'd be using the wrong word (like you). Nationality only means someone who is a citizen of their respective country.

They aren't even good at sports they invented how do you expect them to be good at anything else?

Again, that is the passport definition which is honestly just silly. If Canada were to annex the USA tomorrow, would you suddenly stop being american, whatever that means to you?

So Nowizki isn't German because he wasn't born in what we call today "Germany"

>kleber, theiss, schroeder, zipser
Are they regular players? I can't make sense of their stats

Yet again, you confuse the politicial entity that is the Federal Republic of Germany with the german nation. That's why I keep calling out the passport shit, because that's apparently what you think makes up a nation - the state issuing the passports.
Germans didn't start to exist when the Federal Republic of Germany came to be. Or when the German Empire came to be. Or when the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation came to be. These are politicial entities, not nations.

Oh and by the way, Nowitzki actually was born in the Federal Republic of Germany - reunification was technically an annexation of East Germany.

they're bench players. zipser is the best out of them. he showed lots of potential last year withthe bulls. very good 3 and D player. theiss is in a very good team, so he doesnt get a lot of mins. maxi is in a very bad team, he's getting a lot of minutes but not full starter minutes.

The German is not wrong, his halting english is what cripples his argument. Keep in mind that even in English, nationality is infrequently but acceptably used to refer to ethnolinguistic groups who don't exactly occupy a definite sovereign state but are otherwise a distinct peoples and have inhabited the same general area for a sufficiently long period.

The mistake you're making here is that you're restricting nationality to the dominant legalistic sense which only looks at borders and statehood.

Damn this German is so mad just because a black guy is German. What a fucking loser lol

The MUSCULAR Australian Basketball team lads

I'm not mad. I like Schröder. I just don't feel as accurately represented by him as I do with Nowitzki.

Because you are a racist

So that's what it comes down to for you huh.

>The mistake you're making here is that you're restricting nationality to the dominant legalistic sense which only looks at borders and statehood.
We have better words that go beyond the legal definition, so why not use those?

He's most likely not a native English speaker, so be charitable instead of playing dumb to the gist of his argument.

Like what? What other word refers to a group of people bound by common language, customs, territory and ethnicity?

yous racist n' shieeet

But the argentinian isnt adhering to that definition. He's saying that if the guy was raised with german values, speaking german, consuming german media, having german friends, then why isn't he german? What you're saying would be true if his only german trait was being born in Germany and the argentinian were saying that only that makes him German.

>This is your brain on blackeddotcom
Sad!

Sounds like we have a chance of qualifying for the Olympics for a change

culture, society. the list goes on

Did you even read the thread? The German already implicitly accepted Schroder as being German on modern legal grounds. However you keep evading the other part of his claim that there is an ethnic dimension to historical Germanhood which he identifies with more intimately, something which Schroder doesn't match.

I'm not saying that I support the Sup Forums thrust of his argument, but that you should be intellectually honest enough to admit the difference between en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples and mere German citizenship if you're going to continue bashing him.

Man I thought I expressed myself pretty well but this is much more eloquent.

Theiss gets regular minutes with the Celties and he does well.

Based pasta

>best american NBA players are non whites
KEK

Yes and?

Ethnicity isn't race. Ethnicity is determined by by shared language, culture and history. Thats why basing ethno-nationalism on race is the dumbest thing ever