Dunkirk gets PG-13 rating

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

nolanfans.tumblr.com/post/157900870658/christopher-nolan-interview-about-dunkirk-in
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how will nolanfags recover?

fuck I though this was fake news until I looked it up.. BRAVO NOLAN?

They can't.
How can you take seriously a "realistic war" movie with a PG-13 rating? what was Nolan thinking?

Well its not so much a battle as much as it is a retreat. He has never acted like this is gonna be the next Saving Private Ryan

all you good little underage goys can watch it now! we can even schedule field trips to the cinema like we did Harry Potter!

Probably shouldn't have put "DUNKIRK THE EVENT THAT SHAPED OUR WORLD" in its trailers then.... because that sounds fucking serious

>Most of the classic ww2 films are PG
>Sup Forums has a problem with this
???

kek

shutup shill

>Shittiest ww2 films are PG
Fixed

Weird I thought this film was called Dunhier

>Guns of Navarone
>Bridge too Far
>Eagle has Landed
>Where Eagles Dare
>Kellys Heroes
>Dirty Dozen
>many more
>shit

Oh boy, another Dark Knight-esque piece of shit that fetishizes acts of extreme violence while also being too cowardly to show the consequences. Thank you Nolan, for desensitizing the children of the world to the ugly, horrific consequences of violence.

how can those even compete against
SPR
Thin red line
Hacksaw ridge
Fury

Guy's you probably won't believe me but i KNOW someone who's seen a cut of the film.

Say's it's hands down best film they've seen in last 5 years or so. Not a conventional war film at all. Less focus of the gore of war. More like a race against time thriller sort of like last act if inception where all the kicks at different levels are being synced but instead of dream layers you have land, sea and air scenes in incredible syncronization.

that's a big film

I thought Sup Forums already knew that Nolan only does cashgrabs. Of course it is PG-13, he doesn't want to miss on Harry Styles's fangirls money. If Nolan wanted to do a good movie he would have made it R and changing its release date to November-going-for-Oscar release

U U U U
U
U
U

Shills don't forget about the extras. Top tier.

Still haven't see the problem about this

wasn't band of brothers pg-13?

Sup Forums btfo

He just looks like a goofy fucker compared to the other soldiers who look genuinely worried about the Stuka, interestingly enough the shot in the movie changed since the original trailer, in that scene the camera is pulled back further and he's not as noticeable

BEST SINCE THE SILENT ERA

>wants to emulate the beach scene from Saving Private Ryan
>ends up looking like that scene from TDKR

Just Nolan things. Dude's a hack who managed to fool the public for far too long. His movies have always lacked characters and bite.

>Master and Commander
>Doctor Zhivago
>Bridge on the River Kwai
>The Great Escape
Apologise

You can get away with a lot with a PG 13 rating. Just because the actors arent saying fuck every other sentence and graphic gore isn't shown, doesn't mean its going to be watered down

>Fury
Bait

And he got edited out.

>all these triggered people
Haneke was right

W-what? This is Dunkirk... Not D-Day, lad. They're going into the ocean, not onto land.

I'm starting to think people are pretending to be Americans so people think they're more retard than they actually are.

>I'm an adult and I only watch rated R, adult movies
you guys sounds like kids

This is actually true, theres been a couple movies in the last few years where I thought that they could've been rated R

>>wants to emulate the beach scene from Saving Private Ryan

How can you do that when they're retreating across the channel, not attacking a beach?

I'm a little disappointing by this, although Inception and The Dark Knight movies have a surprising amount of blood sprays in them for PG-13 movies, I suppose once you get big enough the MPAA just looks the other way.

as good or better? except SPR which is the best war movie of all time

You should read up on what actually happened there instead of shitposting

Well, you focus on other aspects besides gore. Ironically, the only people that car about war anyway are 13 year olds.

Only one of those was good, and all the good parts had nothing to do with r-rated violence.

>Wants to emulate SPR

When did you hear that? He's openly stated the opposite.

No, it sounds like M.Night Shamalamadingdong level deep shit, where the movies is not about the war, but the PTSD and individual stories or some shit, preferably with scenes about the families of the soldiers

They don't even use real Messerschmitts. They use some Spanish knock off shit instead. I'm not seeing it based on this alone.

Opening scene was pretty well made.

Rest was mostly shit.

>calling them Messerschmitts

Yeah, you seem like a guy who really knows and cares what he's talking about.

>SPR which is the best war movie of all time
Either bait or babby's first 'war is hell' movie

Would HA-1112 suit you better you cock licker?

You thought Warner Bro's were going to make a film with Harry Styles and ban people under the age of 18?

lel.

lmao all those triggered nolanfags
>B-But Nolan

>autism
Are you in the military? It always seems to be military types that get the most upset about this kind of tiny detail, like the unit markings on a jeep or helmet being wrong. It really doesn't matter, they look almost identical and to the average cinemagoer, they are 100% he same

Forgot pic

>Hacksaw ridge
>Fury
Jesus christ user

Ok but is this guy a massive fucking pleb who would have said the same shit about Interstellar?

They had to hide their violence because they didn't have the technology to present it well.

>100% the same

It's pretty fucking easy to see that the engine is UPSIDE FUCKING DOWN in the film on the 109's.

Fuck you and your shit knowledge of an extremely influential aircraft.

The rating makes sense in terms of the story, he doesn't want to make a yet another Saving Private Ryan

Some excerpts from an extensive Dunkirk interview:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

>[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema. Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.

nolanfans.tumblr.com/post/157900870658/christopher-nolan-interview-about-dunkirk-in

fuck off back to your model making kits you autismo

And back to your cape shit taste, friend

Let's all be honest senpai. This looks like utter shit, the only reason people are interested in this is because it's directed by Nolan. But if this were some indie shit directed by someone else, no one would be talking about it

>I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue
>Half the trailer is blatant expository dialogue.

now KISS

Whatever it ends up being, I know I will enjoy the first cinematic experience like with every Nolan film.

Analog IMAX 2D utilized to it's maximum potential, pure audio visual candy.

>amerilard education

>have wise brave old guy with his boat
>it's not 2nd Officer Charles Lightoller from the Titanic, who survived the sinking and, as a retiree in 1940, used his yacht to save countless men in the evacuation

BOOO NOLAN
O
O
O

>the only dialogue in the entire movie is in the trailer

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

>Dirty Dozen
>Worse than Fury
Hahaha

>There's never been a Great PG-13 war fi-

>inb4 retards try to insinuate that's the only example of such a movie
To be clear, Nolan is a hack and this movie will be shit, but not because of it's MPAA rating.

wew, forgot picture

I was actually hyped about this movie. Not anymore with a PG-13 rating. Zero interest now.