Who could replace him as Wolverine, Sup Forums?

Who could replace him as Wolverine, Sup Forums?

honestly nobody can, everyone after is going to look like a copycat, but in the event they could, I'd want Matthew Rhys.

easy

Miles Teller

Leslie Jones

Scott Cann would be a good choice.
He's a short, stocky, hairy dude.

valid choice for the short term, but for the longterm if they're not going with X23 then they really need to just get a fresh casting call instead of trying to make current big names fudge around with it.

especially if they're going to eventually have crossovers between marvel, sony, fox, etc

Scarjo or Idris Elba

This. Big Guy can make himself pretty rough and rumble when he wants.

MmmmmhhhhyaaaiiiiI'm the best there is zat what I do eeehhhhaaa. But whhhhat I do isn't nice.

His voice is too high pitched.

He could just use his Max Rockatansky voice with a little less sand in his pipes

>muh pelts

Richard Armitage

Dubs say fox will go full retard and cast kit

I saw an article mentioning Daniel Radcliffe, and while it seemed odd at first, I actually think he'd make a damn good choice. He'd have to bulk up a bit, of course.

The guy from Banshee

hugh jackman was a shitty wolverine. wolverine is supposed to be a grizzled manlet not a tall pretty boy

Too short. He should be at least 5'2"-5'3" to play Wolverine.

hopefully no one. they need to take a long break from these movies. i dont know how you guys arent sick of them yet. its like every fucking movie is a stupid superhero flick

Pls no. Imagine him trying to do a Wolverine voice

A manlet, preferably. Even though Hugh Jackman was 10/10 as Wolverine, I'd like to see a hairy jacked manlet as Wolverine.

t. hairy jacked manlet

Mhmmmm

>replace

literally no one, that's like getting someone to "replace" RDJ as Iron Man

you can't Hugh is too iconic at this point he IS wolverine

he has the look the attitude and just like the real character is probably bros with majority of the cast that have been in the previous movies.

I don't think anybody can. He and Picard were the franchise to me.

They'll make a clone.

SEE GEE EYE

>excuse me, could you please stop shooting bullets at me? Jee, this is getting awkward...

I like this

Plus it's not like there aren't a million x-characters they could farm for the next round of movies.

>But user, nobody wants to see unknown characters!

Literally every time they make a capeshit movie, everyone says that and everyone flocks to see it anyway.

>David Hayter
His voice would make it awkward.

>literally no one, that's like getting someone to "replace" RDJ as Iron Man

This is the worst normie meme, retards gloryfying the actors and disregarding the characters, stop inflating the egos of millonaires and give a crap about the characters and writing teams.

>Hurr durr let's look for someone who looks like Hugh, not Wolverine

case in point.

this user knows his shit.

Just move on and use different characters

The more trash they shovel the more comic movies will resemble comic books, a huge library of rehashed shit that nobody wants to read because it's absurd

That's Karl Urban bro.

Best choices ITT.

Matthew Rhys especially. I'd love for him to get more work.

Snickt snickt motherfucker.

Give me ONE reason why the geeky manlet from Married with Children shouldn't play Wolverine

Hey dumbass respond to me I need to know you feel like a fucking idiot for mistaking the actor. If you don't reply to me I'll just take it that you felt so bad you abandoned the thread like the fucking loser you are.

This would actually be pretty good.

Stevie as Cyclops.

Hugh Jackman himself said he'd like X-23 to take up the mantle. I think it would be a better option than having the actual character recast.

I don't know if he will ever bulk up.

If he did, I would approve. The trolling he gets would retroactively improve married with children episodes as well

That's it, I've had enough of this bullshit.

Post your fucking address so we can square the fuck up and I can knock your FUCKING teeth out.

I'll check this thread again in 10 minutes. I swear to fucking god if I come back to this thread and see you replied with some pussy shit and tried to avoid fighting me I'll track your IP myself and throatfuck you in front of your mother.

So what, they're going to have like an X-23 series happening in the future then the main x-men series happening in the 80's or whatever?

What the fuck is this autism?

After Jackman, I can't accept 5ft 8 Hardy.

You would never notice he was 5'8 on screen except in your heart

It's very noticeable with people that short.

See: Hardy as Bane vs Christian Bale and Tom Cruise as Reacher.

>See: Hardy as Bane vs Christian Bale

Show me any scene where it looks like Bale is taller.

I mean that's fine

X-23 succeeds Wolverine and all

but what if we ever want to go back and do an og Wolverine arc or have old Wolverine as character with new mutants?

But Wolverine is meant to be a manlet.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, USA
ask for Don. I'm waiting you pussy.

Alaskan Bush people

jason statham, just put a wig on him

Except that's wrong, dumbass. It's the actor who brings the character to life. Wolverine isn't deep, there's little more to him than "bub, cigar, snikt, muh tragic life, muh living weapon" but Hugh managed to turn it into a cohesive and convincing whole over the last 17 years playing the character.

>writing teams

Right, because Origins had such a good "writing team", did it? And yet, Hugh and Liev gave it their all and their performances still stand out. At the end of the day, it's the actor who you see on screen, and the buck stops with them in terms of the portrayal of the character.

Recasting some random guy who "looks the part", giving him claws and a leather jacket will make him look like an SNL parody.

If Fox plays it smart they'll avoid recasting for at least 5 years, as they have enough material to make bank until then. Then they'll start afresh with whatever actors become vogue then.

If they're going to keep using wolverine in movies then they have 2 options

>cast a Jackman-a-like and try to pass him off as the same character

>go with someone with distinct differences to hugh and let them try to make their own version

They've made the second option tricky by establishing that Wolverine looks like Jackman in the McAvoy timeline despite all the other x men having new faces.

is Apocalypse worth watching or is it complete garbage?

Off topic here, but what would happen if Fox managed to keep the X-Men franchise going on until 2028? Wouldn't they be obligated to stop making movies because all mutants would be dead by then? Or would they do Days of Further into the Future Past to prevent that future as well?

Be veeeeryyy careful now...

The second option would only work with a total reboot, including wolvie donning that dorky outfit of his.

Enjoyable garbage, watch it while drinking

This wouldn't be a terrible idea

Get a director with a fitting style and you have yourself a decent movie

Watch the Quicksilver scene on YouTube and spare yourself 2 hours

New mutants, future, alternate timeline, etc.

If it keeps making money they'll keep making movies.

It's absolute shit and the fact that First Class and Days of Future Past are so good only makes it look worse in comparison. We are talking about countless of underutilized characters, awful pacing in the first act that tries to juggle like 17 different plot points together, awful dialogue, laughably bad villain, subplots added half way through for no reason and others dropped at the last moment in favor of a much shittier resolution to the conflict, an anticlimactic ending that only serves the purpose of setting up the following sequel, lack of consequences for everything that went down and little to no action even though the movie is about 2 and a half hours long. Even then, when they do get to fighting the action is boring and uninspired.

By all means, avoid it

Tom Hardy's Max doesn't have any real specific voice, watch it again and see how many times his voice changes, he can't seem to decide if it should be British, American, Russian, "BANE?", or some combination of those

Days of Future Past followed by Logan should have been the end for the series in that form. Apocalypse was shitty and I don't see the next being much better so we may see a fresh start within a decade.

My friend suggested Scott Eastwood. Seems aight'. A young Clint Eastwood was perfect though.

>My friend suggested Scott Eastwood.

Yeah 'friend', tell your 'friend' he's a fucking moron.

I feel like all the reboot fuckery will inevitably lead to an Exiles movie, and that movie will suck.

Finish directing Berserker first dammit

Me.

Where do I apply?

retarded

he looks attractive in that photo that's constantly reposted but is a girly man with no screen presence

You just know they're gonna. And they're gonna want someone as young as Huge Jackedman was when he started, so they can milk the franchise for years to come before another recast.

They shuld just take their licks and partner with Marvel like Sony did so Hugh will keep doing it. It's too big to ignore anymore, Wolverine flicks would double their already good box office performance with some throwaway references to the MCU.

Can he do a normal American accent without mumbling everything?

Wolverine is Canadian.

>So what, they're going to have like an X-23 series happening in the future then the main x-men series happening in the 80's or whatever?

Have Cable drop her off in the past or something, who cares. Continuity only matters as long as it doesn't get in the way of telling a story.

They should get the guy who played X24

Was getting Nootka Sound part of your plan?

FUCK I just realized we're probably only 5 years away from a "Wolverine Reboot." Hopefully I'll die of cancer or something before then so I won't live to see one more good thing ruined.

>he think it will take that long.

Comic Wolverine has been dead for more than two years despite the usual "hurr hurr he'll be back in two weeks everyone" cynicism everyone had about that idea.

They can do without him for a while.

Movies make a lot more money than comic books, and they will run a character for every penny they can. It's going to take 1 marvel flop, and they will go running back to that well.

This

Would be perfect

Daniel Radcliffe.

He is Wolverines canon height

Emile Hirsch would be decent as a realistic pick for a manlet version

You don't. You wait until Hugh Jackmans wolverine has faded into obscurity and no one young has really seen these movies, and then you reboot him with whoever is hot at the time.

You cannot replace him until everyone forgets how well he did what he did.

Who's gonna play her in the inevitable Netflix original series?

>32

he looks 12.

he's short enough for it

Nobody had really heard of Jackman prior to X1. I think this helped him cement the role as his own as nobody had any preconceptions about him going in.