3x3 thread

Rate & Post em, recommendations are always welcome.

solid op

:(

Man, like I love Kiezlowski but I couldn't find anything as charming as his other works in double life of veronique. Maybe it is because it's not really "plot centered", it barely makes sense.

She's honestly the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in cinema.
And it's the only Kiezlowski film I have ever seen, so I can't judge his other films. Will probably see the Three Colors next.

That's so true. When I saw her in Red, I fell in love. Plus she is a good actress imho.

why are these threads dying so quickly :(?

Because any decent discussion on actual good films isn't really welcome here anymore besides the letterboxd threads which also get turned into shitposts and people saying everyone's movie choices are shit for the sake of contrarianism.

i don't know what to say to these two grids honestly

Judge me

Cause most of what gets posted are pre-1970 arthouse movies that the poster thinks make him look smart for pretending they like

Pleb
Pretentious
literal dogshit.

Stop memeing and develop some subjective taste. What movies do you like watching? I bet you cannot honestly answer that question.

See what I mean?

Because they pretty much boil down to assholes alternating between calling eachother plebs and calling eachother pretentious morons

If anyone actually wanted to talk about movies and not just share their own shitty taste they'd go to the lettrrboxd threads

bad thread

>didn't answer the question.
Too late, don't bother. People like (you) are why these threads die.

>complain about arthouse flicks
>literally Drive, 2001, Akira, There will be blood.
Like, it's obvious you are going off of a chart.

through a glass darkly > vargtimmen

prove me wrong hoe

>That euphoric feel when you hear the "beep" and see the red exclamation point indicating a (you)

0/9
1/9
4/9
1/9
0/9

Not rating just the ones I recognize

so you've seen cries and whispers but you haven't seen mulholland dr, tree of life, stalker, la dolce vita, 500 blows, in the mood for love, high and low and other bergman films?

u a weird ass dude

I honestly thought everybody on Sup Forums had seen Mulholland Drive, there is a thread about it every single day.

titles?

Gespenster - Schlafkrankheit - Toter Mann
Der Räuber - In den Tag hinein - Lucy
Im Schatten - Wolfsburg - Barbara

I prefer 'generic' horror.

oh nice, just saw the robber some days ago
was a nice film, specially immersing when he runs out of the police station

have u seen Der freie Wille?

Nope, I remember coming across it a while ago and wanting to see it, as I really like Sabine Timoteo (that's her in the middle pic on the bike).

Uh can you list the movies please? How can you recommend a movie with a fucking screen shot from something I've never seen

And in the top left too, ha.

nigga how the fuck do you not know the movies
through a glass darkly
high and low
la notte
stalker
la dolce vita
500 blows
in the mood for love
mulholland dr
tree of life

its a meme to post random shot of films with no movie title.

These threads are the asshole of /tv. It's like visiting Sup Forums

They are better than the constant waifu, capeshit, star wars, GoT and shitposting threads posted constantly.

watch dekalog!

Okay, which one first? Three Colors or Dekalog? Or a different Kiezlowski film? I already saw Double Life.

not that user, but id say three colors and: go white, red and blue for last

Will do.

Why not watch them in order?

cause blue is the best, thematically and visually its miles apart, but white should be a better dictator of whether or not he'll like the trilogy

This is bad advice.

Just watch Blue.

Watch three colors in the correct order of Blue, White, Red.

do i have bad taste?

What are those films? I only recognize 2001,TWBB and the Shining.

2001, There Will Be Blood, Blade Runner, Apocalypse Now, The Thing, Nightcrawler, Valhalla Rising, The Shining, and It's Such a Beautiful Day

Rank Wong Kar-Wai's filmography.

are you me?

Possibly

original poster of that 3x3 here. i have only seen the three colors and veronique, have been slackin hard on the dek and his earlier work.. veronique struck a particular note with me but i would be the first to admit red is better. fwiw i think blue is a little overrated and white doesnt quite get its due.

this recommendation is sorta baffling to me

you're shortchanging yourself for no reason. if anything i would make him watch red first, but thats almost as stupid.

this

nah, you're good

i kinda wanna make a secondary 3x3 and then maybe another with just action and blockbusters.

we should get back to keeping this thread movin and not dead or non-existent most of the day, maybe again try some themed or genre variations

bump