Cup Winners' Cup
>Premier League/First Division: 8
>La Liga: 7
>Serie A: 7
>Bundesliga: 4
>Eredivisie: 1
>Liga NOS: 1
>Ligue 1: 1

Can someone explain to me why it's the "Big 5"? If you only take European trophies won into consideration, it should be
>La Liga/Premier League/Serie A (Big 3) > Bundesliga > Liga NOS/Eredivisie > Ligue 1
If it weren't for P$G's Sheikh money, Ligue 1 would currently be as irrelevant as Eredivisie.
And I didn't start this thread to shit on French football, I'm genuinely curious as to why Ligue 1 and Bundesliga are considered part of some ominous "Big 5". Is it just because of economic reasons?

economic reasons
only spain italy and england matter

is this /bundes7?

IS THIS THE /BUNDES/????

yes

> Big Leagues
> Includes BundesLel

Topkek.

unironically this. But if the Buli gets excluded, Ligue 1 and Serie A should get excluded too.

For me its /bundesu/

>Netherlands has more CL titles than France
Why the fuck do we even consider France top 5 then?

Ajax is bigger than any french team.

Even without Ajax, they still got twice as many, kek.

I would love to see an european leage, maybe with two conferences, like in the US and say goodbye to this shitty Madrid-Eibar and all these useless matches.

Change the pic, take out Ligue 1 and replace with clearly superior Eredivisie.

They are the current top 5, it's not historical

Misery loves company

imo they should make it so that only the top 3 get 4 cl spots. the top 4 is so set in stone that italian teams could get rekt for years straight in europe and they still wouldn't lose it

;_;

ops germany is 4th now

Ligue 1 has only 1 CL title under their league. They suck.

I actually agree though. Bundesliga doesn't even deserve three CL spots at the moment.

Losing a CL spot would maybe make the complacent idiots who run >our league and most clubs start to question the quality of the league and then actually do something about it. Right now it's still all "hurr durr Liga der Weltmeister and muh 2013 CL final".

fabian frei back to fc basel

we are here