I make only $4,000 a month doing online work, would it be possible to live in your city/country off $4,000 CDN a month...

I make only $4,000 a month doing online work, would it be possible to live in your city/country off $4,000 CDN a month? This is both a serious question and a hypothetical as I'm currently looking to move and because I work online, location is less of an issue. I'm also just generally curious as to where I would hypothetically be able to live with this income level. It's not much but I'm single so I'm at least comfortable living in Canada, even though it is an expensive place to live.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7atEMPN4F0o
youtube.com/watch?v=ExyRom_utiM
youtube.com/watch?v=ybe4SJXuw9U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody accepts Canadian dollars here. Sorry.

Lol, yes but I could convert it. It's 2706.29 Euro a month

>only $4k a month
Fuck off

That's around modal. Perhaps slightly below modal.
Meaning you can live with that amount in pretty much any country.

To add. I also run two websites. And my goal is to move to a Spanish beach town when I can.

>nearly 50k a year
>single
>it's not much

That would make you upper middle class here

No really, I live in Toronto, it's actually not much for the cost of living. I know there are places in the country where it would be good money for a single dude but not here.
Yeah, it's kinda lower end of middle class money, I think. I'm looking at maybe a medium sized city then

In pretty much entire Europe the best cities aren't the biggest cities.

I'm eligible for Irish citizenship but it would likely be difficult to get a visa for other European cities, I would imagine.

i'm boring
considering 4000 cdn is $3211 then:
Nice furnished apartment in a nice residencial area in Asuncion (including water, electricity, gas, etc). $1200
Food. $300 a single person (can be much less)
internet and tv: $80
Stupid shit you need at home (toilet paper, dish washer liquid, shaampo, etc) . $200
and idk what else. So you approximately spend $2000 at least for a nice comfy life and the other $1200 you can spend on whatever you want and you don't necessarily have to pay taxes.
Also how do you make that money? e-commerce meme?

If you have European citizenship and you can sustain yourself then you can live in all European countries I believe.

Just looked it up. And this is in fact the case. It's part of the 'free movement of persons' within the EU.

Move to brazil

Sweet! That gives me so many more options

>It's 2706.29 Euro a month
Yes no problem.
My costs for example.
>rent - 2 room flat 450 euro/month
>food 150-200 euro/month
>electricity and internet 90 Euro/month
>travel 20-50 euro/month (0 if I use my bike)
Still money left to drink and waste on crap.

I live in Dalarna - Sweden. Lot's of nature.

Oh sweet, that's almost ideal actually because I was hoping for a place with a climate similar to Canada.

The further north in Sweden you go the colder it gets.
Dalarna where I live is pretty ideal I think.
Comfy winter with snow and around -10 degrees C. Summers are also great, not much rain and lot's of sun.
Traditions are very important here as well so not much stress and such. The old lifestyle is popular with a modern mix.

Looks like hell on earth.

this image really piss me off

Is English speaking popular everywhere in the country or just the big cities? Like, would I have to move to Stockholm or Malmo if I don't speak Swedish or could I move somewhere in the north of the country like Harnosand or something? The colder the winters the better desu lol

I'm in rural New Brunswick, $4,000 per month for a single man would make you one of the most successful people anyone knows. It's a very large income for this area

I can assure you that it's troublesome to live in any country without speaking the local language.

Kek, it's heaven.
Calm and safe.
Why?

>Is English speaking popular everywhere
Yes. 9 out of 10 Swede's of all ages speak English. We have English classes from the 2nd grade and up until we finish school.

Not here. My fiancé is from Scotland, she doesn't speak Swedish at all but it's no problem.
I think I speak for all Swede's when I say that I rather speak English with a foreigner than broken Swedish..

But making social contacts, reading stuff or even watching the tv is a pain in the ass.

Is it nice out there? I'd prefer to leave Canada but I hear the maritimes are nice

>social contacts, reading stuff or even watching the tv
No not really. Besides from news everything on tv is in English. And even news are available in English.
Social contacts isn't a problem either since everyone speaks English, if anything people think it's fun to speak another language and you make even more friends.

Sweden is pretty much the best country for a English speaking person to move to.

Paradise for someone with a good stable job. Can't imagine anywhere on earth being any better.

>swede trying his hardest to get a new immigrant

In all honesty though, Sweden is probably a great place to move to. Pretty much all the nordics are ideal for english speakers, so you should just pick which culture you like.

Well Norway isn't an option because they aren't EU so it'd be harder to get into. Does Finland have a lot of English speakers too?

Not him but everyone speaks english here. You won't pass school otherwise.

I have a couple friends from Germany and other places who goes to my university.
They speak English. No problems at in normal everyday life.

>Well Norway isn't an option because they aren't EU so it'd be harder to get into.

No, not really.

Yes, everyone except old people can speak it. The accent is worse than in Sweden though I think

Stop ruining Dalarna please.

Hey Canacuck. Don't fucking come here. We have guns. This isn't Cuckholm.

Rather have a guy from Canada here than fucking Somalians..

Too late, PewDiePie, I'm comin' for your ass

We have guns too, I just got back from my bear blind. But yeah, Somalian refugees and Canadian electricians are the same thing so fuck immigration.

This is Queenden.

youtube.com/watch?v=7atEMPN4F0o

Don't go to Dalarna. It's 100% boring villages like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=ExyRom_utiM

People there are EXTREMELY rural minded. You have no idea. Not even the worst rednecks can compare to these people.

2:15 and on

Move the Prague and live like a god damn king.

You would be rich here.

If it's anything like Finland, then the rural areas are the ones he should go for

>hurr durr there is some shit on my plate better get some dick cheese to complement it

Your reasoning. No wonder you go to such a rural bush university and had to import a slag from Scotland.

I don't really care, dick cheese.

You can live anywhere in world with 4,000 a month.

This, it's exactly like in Finland. Quiet, calm and safe.

Not in Stockholm city.. That may cover his rent. Maybe..

Does that creepy pedo-guy still hang around the ICA store?

That guy was the creepiest cunt I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Also what do all of those black guys constantly hanging out at the bus stop do?

>mfw

>move to Åre
>party town number 1 in Sweden
>all the rich kids and their friends come here to party in the ski clubs and shit
>open parties every week
>just walk in, chug the free drinks and move on to the next place
>watch out for the Bentley's and Lambo's in the street in summer, drivers are probably drunk

Sort of? Cost of living is why I want to move in the first place. Sure I could live in Toronto on 4000 a month but it wouldn't be nice, it'd probably be in a shitty area. I'd rather live in a cozy place with cold winters somewhere outside of here. It sounds silly but I want to leave Canada for somewhere similar to Canada, aha

It's not modal, maybe after taxes, but certainly not before taxes.

Just leave America lite for real Canada

Honestly, Prague. Fantastic city, and your wage would let you live like a king with access to a great number of different types of European whores.

Modal is € 36.500 a year.

You'll be earning almost 10 times the minimum wage, so i guess you'll be pretty alright.

Had my worst fucking hangover after a visit at Bygget there...
Why the fuck does such a small town have 9-10 bars- several live stages, world famous artists and shit? Makes no sense..

>$4,000 CDN a month?
Like a fucking king

Which is € 2.816 a month (+8% vacation bonus).

what do you do ?

Would be nice to have a little farmstead or something around those parts desu. Not as many retarded hicks as in Dalarna either desu.

Yep but Åre "city" it self is pretty shit. Never quiet, always a party somewhere and thumping bass.

>talking in euros

You're the reason why foreigners think they can pay with euros here.

Also, Dalarna lol

If your idea of a good time is shit like this, then Dalarna is for you... They are VERY well behaved in this video. Usually, they're 100% drunk and loud as fuck. Also, you'll probably be offended by all the confederate flags (yes, that flag) and overt display of racism you'll see all over the place. Often in combination with the Swedish flag or old symbols somehow to show that yes, we are totally racist.

youtube.com/watch?v=ybe4SJXuw9U

What do you do, OP?

lol i live on less than $500 a month
why are leafs so shit with money

e-commerce like a bitch, lol

I said e-commerce but it's really more like graphic design. I'm not shipping anything physical. I design t-shirts and do some other stuff like that

It's not about being shit with money, it's about living in a city that's incredibly unaffordable. Also, the taxes here are fucking ridiculous

go rural with a good Internet connection

OP if you are Christian I would definitely recommend Armenia or Georgia. Both have very cheap currencies and are of the Beautiful Southern Caucuses

Live in Svalbard for 10 years and get Norwegian citizenship. No visa required

>Live in Svalbard for 10 years
Yeah, there's the catch
I'm a devout Roman Catholic but have no interest in moving to the Caucasus

I've heard it's not as hard to get visa in the EU if you can prove you will have stable income upon arrival

Ave Maria, brother!

I'm eligible for Irish citizenship and someone earlier in the thread said that means I can just go to any EU country to live. Idk if that's true but It would make things easier

It's true as long as you're not a nigger/muslim

Nah, I'm eligible because my mom is from Sligo

millionaire tier, avarage wage is 1/4 of that, ppl in high position earn less than you

youd become rich after a few years of working since its almost impossible to spend that much money reasonably

if you are an irish citizen you are an EU citizen, freedom of movement and work in eu 28 plus switzerland and norway

Ask her about Lord Mountbatten kek

I just texted her "Lord Mountbatten?" and she responded "Shame. What about him?"
Hmmmmm, what?

Lmao he's the Queens cousin. The IRA blew him and his family up on his boat while on holiday in Sligo in the late 70s. It was pretty grizzly. Your mam might have still been in Sligo during it.

how?

Oh yes, she only came here in 1992. She would have been there still. I assume the "shame" part means she doesn't approve, lol

Yeah it was mainly the fact kids were on board. Many think it was overboard, because the IRA knew they'd be on the boat too. There was/is quite a strong IRA support in Sligo.

I know my mom doesn't support them because we've talked about them before. She's not a very political person in general but is strongly against war and violence in general. She has this very kinda naive "why can't we all just get along!?" mentality and gets pretty stressed out just watching the news

Yeah I totally understand that. Sligo is a very quiet place too, especially in the 70s, so I'm sure it was quite a big shock to the locals when that happened. Have you ever visited Ireland? Does your mam come back frequently?

My mom makes sure she goes to visit family (my grandparents still live there) at least once a year. I used to go over when I was a little kid for Christmas. I visit now and then too but never had the money to make the trip as often as she does. I honestly haven't been in like 3 years now.

Cool, it's good that you still keep in touch with that side of your family. I know a lot of people who moved to the States and started families and their kids have never touched Irish soil. You sound like a pretty competent guy. You should definitely get a passport, just in case Canada gets utterly BTFO'd by brownies.

>You sound like a pretty competent guy
Thanks, man
>it's good that you still keep in touch with that side of your family
My mom is super close with her parents and it's actually pretty sad that she can't see them in person more often. You guys have a beautiful country and I'm glad I've been able to spend the time I have there. I have some great memories there.
>just in case Canada gets utterly BTFO'd by brownies.
Too late, man. I live in Toronto... enough said.

Then get the fuck over here man. What stage of life are you at?

23 years old, as far as I'm concerned I've settled into my "career" doing online graphic design stuff. I'm soul crushingly single because Toronto women are fucking cancerous wallet vampires.

Does your job require you to be situated in Toronto? Like are you freelance? And is rent in Toronto not fucking abhorrent?

Nah, I can go anywhere I want, it doesn't matter. The way my job is right now though I'm being paid in Canadian dollars so I'd have to actually convert them to local currency if I moved. My main clients are all based in Canada. And yeah, Toronto is an expensive nightmare, man. About 35% of all my money goes directly to my fucking rent alone

Well at least you have a job you can take with you. Next time you're in Ireland, visit Galway. It's a comfy little student city but you'd really like it. Great culture, nice people and good night life. Rent wouldn't be incredibly cheap but it'd definitely be far less than Toronto. Fuck it man, don't squander your youth cooped up in a place you're not enjoying.

Basically this. You'd have more than enough to live the rich neet lifestyle, unless you end up with a fucking golddigger

Taking into accoount thath the average monthly salary here is 800€ I'd say you'd have a blast here with that kind of money

Oulu yes, Helsinki no.