Are extreme sports degenerate? Why are people willing to risk early death when they have only one life...

Are extreme sports degenerate? Why are people willing to risk early death when they have only one life? Are they suicidal? What's up with that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v1BetX9tik0
youtu.be/EcP3o8RO_wM
youtube.com/watch?v=E7swEJNPd2g
youtube.com/watch?v=xlXk49Mh7go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

they do it to justify their existence. it's usually people who come from upper middle class for some reason

At last my eyes truly see.

brb, wrapping myself in cotton and building an airtight bubble so I can have a long and fulfilling life.

>"is x degenerate?"
You really need the approval of people you don't know to make up your own mind?

They are intentionally increasing risk of their death. Tgeir philosophy is anti-life thus it should be crushed.

>Rope
>Extreme

Not even life threatening

I want to know your opinion.
I just saw some Brits jumping of the cliff on Sky News.

>implying one live
kek
I LIVE I DIE I LIVE AGAIN

>degenerate
there's that word that insecure fucks use to describe everything they don't like and is outside of their comfort zone.

Idk if the act itself is degenerate, but it's an interesting question. I may lean toward agreeing with you.

A lot of the people doing it are for sure degenerate though. Most I've known or come across have deeply rooted unhappiness and are Godless people searching for something they'll never find.

No. You die and that's it. Once your brain dies, you die for good.

And you know this from experience?

>life threatening
>risking their life
>omg so dangerous and degenerate

Most of the things that look insanely dangerous to you are not as reckless as they may seem. The person doing those things is taking calculated risks, not reckless ones. People who are reckless don't last very long doing dangerous things.

There is nothing worth doing in life that is safe.

I'm a scientist. You can't be a serious neurobiologist and believe in soul. The sole idea breaks the rules of physics.

And yet they die more frequently.

No its alpha as fuck to take your own life in your hands like that and pit yourself against nature m8

I didn't even bring soul into it. Science isn't inflexible, science is constantly evolving.

Just make sure you get a lot of woman pregnant, really. You'll be reborn in one of your offspring later down the line.

There can be no science when you believe in matter-ghost duality. You have to embrace materialism.

If you ever left the basement and found a passion for something you would understand that the risk of injury or even death becomes an acceptable risk if the alternative is to deny yourself whatever that passionate activity is. Imagine a guy who loves fishing, who has been fishing his whole life, and has tons of beautiful memories of fishing with his grandpa, sons, granchildren, and tons of old friends. Now imagine telling that guy that he should stop fishing because boats are dangerous. He'll probably tell you to go fuck yourself.

I'm into competitive freediving/spearfishing
lotta fuckers die every year in both. i am so willing to risk my life because the experiences gained from doing so. I have seen truly incredible things in the ocean.

Fishing does't involve over 50% chance of dying. These activities are called extreme because they are dangerous.

We were born were we not? That in itself demonstrates that we COME into existence, so to be born again isn't entirely stupid?

I used to do a lot of freeskiing, r what they'd call "extreme skiing" long ago.
One day I had a little (very) high-speed incident. Actually wasn't an incident because nothing happened, but I very nearly had what would have been a very bad crash that would have resulted in bad shit, like severe injury or death.
immediately after it didn't really get to me.
But over the next months it burrowed so deep into my brain that I've cut way back on the risk in my sport.
I have friends who have died young and it's awful. One of my friends would have LOVED Facebook. But she died before it existed. Never even saw a smart phone. And, obviously, those are trivial reasons to stay alive, but life, as much as it sucks, is super-fucking-awesome compared to nothing.

Did you know that 10% of wingsuiters die every year?

That's fucked, but so are a lot of dangerous sports because, as OP said, you only have the one life, so if you die skiing or wingsuiting or trying to wrestle an orca, it's a waste.

So yes, I hate to admit it, but extreme sports are degenerate in a way.
And PLEASE never accept the "He died doing what he loved". That is complete bullshit.

freediving and spearfishing are not extreme. unless you're doing some idiotic world record freedive to 100meters, it's not that dangerous.

typical Canadian pussy

You can't be born again because you are your brain. When you clone yourself, tgat organism have your genes but it's not you. The environment will shape it differently and make it a different person. Your personal configuration will die along with your brain. You are unique and there will never be anyone just like you ever again.

It's because they are being controlled by a parasite called Toxiplasma gondii.

I agree with that, I'm just pondering that you yourself can be born again but yeah without knowing it as your brain is long dead.

In that case it doesn't matter because the thing getting born is not you.

My opinion: for manchilds.

There are enemies to defeat. But noooo, muh hedonism, muh own life first! muh muh weakness! I have to do this non productive shit for my life, I have to die while not fighting the cancerspreaders.

fishing = extreme sport
lol

here's something for ya, lil' buddy:

youtube.com/watch?v=v1BetX9tik0

in the past 6 months ive narrowly avoided being eaten by large sharks twice and got bumped by another, ive learned to not be quite as reckless with the freediving so no close calls this year with blackouts but we lose a lot of people every year in both

Well it is a new you, that is entirely 'you'

EU: the video

It's not you. Even if it's a clone it has nothing else in common with you. No knowledge, no character, no memories nothing that constitutes a person. It's even built from different atoms.

Well, some men need to channel their energy in to something.. and we sure arent allowed to act like men or try to save our women.. so we do stupid shit instead. Maybe we would prefer to die on a mountain instead of rotting away and accomplishing nothing and watching our daughters get BLACKED

Rock climber and caver here. There's something about conquering your environment that makes you feel awesome. You can look back at something and go "holy shit I survived that." I fully admit I'm not even that much of a badass about it. I know guys who climb way harder things than I do and one of my old bosses explores unknown cave passage for fun, sometimes spending several days underground.

Here's an underground lake they found shortly after passing 180 miles of passage in Jewel Cave.

>i am so willing to risk my life because the experiences gained from doing so. I have seen truly incredible things in the ocean.
Bro, I know the feel -- I've seen and experienced incredible things in the mountains (i'm this guy ), but I'm glad I grew out of it/was scared out of it (after decades).
I wouldn't have given a fuck if some stranger online said this to me either, but I'll still try:

there's life beyond your sport - once you get away from it for a while maybe you'll be better able to reassess the dangers.
Don't die, OK? Do it by removing yourself from the situation.

you won't listen. I wouldn't have.
All the best.

I don't understand, what do you mean by EU?

Go to the middle east and fight some Muslim terrorists.

For reference, here's a map of Jewel Cave. All that jumble in the top right corner is actually what the bottom left part looks like, but that's all they have managed to map so far.

Guess it is related to the feeling of ''freedom'' and the ''power'' feeling that comes from it.

You feel like amphibian when you can dive deep, climb high and fly.

European union, if that is what you asked. :^)

That's not a good way to die.

youtu.be/EcP3o8RO_wM

you don't come into existence, you grow out of it as an apple grows out of an apple tree. You are part of nature, human consciousness is mostly a scientifically untouched area so no one really knows where we might go after. It would probably be like going to sleep without remembering to wake up, as when we're born we wake up without any record of having gone to sleep

You don't understand, if you're occupying a body you are you, I'm not saying the old you, but entirely you

He made it out. Very few cavers actually die because you approach the cave in a certain way. It's still really dangerous, but that's why you always go with some buddies.

Now people who don't know what the hell they're doing on the other hand...

That's what I thought, but how does it relate to the video - pretty sure most of which was filmed in Canada and Alaska?
Here's a Canadian skiing the Y couloir at La Grave, for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=E7swEJNPd2g

You can't occupy another body. You ARE the body.

Exactly so even if that's a new body, it's now 'you'

not gonna listen to a stranger on pol lol, but i have really learned a lot about diving with the end goal of living a long life. i managed to survive through my blatantly reckless phase so i really believe that unless i get unlucky and a shark gets me which is possible, i shoot fish for a living so im in the water all the time, or i get arrogant with my skills and kill myself that way. i dont think i will though, i got lost diving inside a submerged breakwall at night for lobsters one time really thought i was going to drown but got lucky and found a way out before the lights went out.
sitting in the fetal position on the deck of a boat in the cold at 2am struggling to come to terms with just how close you were to death has a way of making you less reckless.

No. It's a different body. You are dead. Even if you make a clone it's body will develop differently.

that's an interesting idea - reading up on that now.
thanks!

Kill yourself comfyfag.

The point was not that fishing is extreme, but that it is statistically more dangerous than not fishing. People still choose to take that risk because they enjoy it. It is the same with rock climbing high speed downhill stuff, the only difference being the risk is a bit higher than fishing. The ultimate point is that you are drawing an arbitrary line and saying "anything more dangerous than this is stupid" just because you are unwilling to cross that line. The line could just as easily be drawn such that fishing is deemed "too dangerous". It begs the question, where do you draw that "too dangerous" line?

If our ancestors had ovaries in their sacks, like you, then we would still be living in africa because exploring and settling the rest of the world would have been too dangerous. You would have stayed in your mother's grass hut forever and complained about the hunters and explorers that get all of the choice ass in the village.

>lost diving inside a submerged breakwall at night for lobsters one time really thought i was going to drown but got lucky and found a way out before the lights went out.
>sitting in the fetal position on the deck of a boat in the cold at 2am struggling to come to terms with just how close you were to death has a way of making you less reckless.

Sounds like that was your "moment". Glad to hear it. Live long and enjoy that water, bro. Cheers.

White people do cool shit. Black people obsess over white people. When you spend your life obsessing over whites and not living these things become strange to the casual observer.

For fucks sake Sup Forumsand can anybody have fun with their life? I guess living in that grey waste of a country you call home may seem drab and unstimulating, but Jesus fuck I didn't know it would turn you guys into such gigantic buzzkills.

>just going to work in Belarus is considered extreme sport

Hence the niggers use of the phrase, "White people will do x but won't come into the hood."

I get the first paragraph. Yo umake a good point.
But the second?
I "would have stayed in my mother's grass hut"?
I'm a big mountain skier - do you have ANY idea what that is? lol
here's a guy I know sending it -- this is what you call overly safe?
be serious . . .

youtube.com/watch?v=xlXk49Mh7go

kek

>t. basement dweller

Conquering things is one of the least degenerate hobbies possible, that said there are plenty of entirely degenerate "extreme" sports.

>Work
>implying there are jobs in Belarus

I only do extreme sports to get pussy.

There I said it.

Are doing these sports with women? If not, lie to them.

Belarus and Poland: extreme bantz

I dont lie but I only do them once, take as many photos as possible and then show them to impress them.

When they ask me if I want to try it with them I tell them I am already bored of it. The truth is that I am scared shitless and will never parachute jump or climb ever again.