Should AI have the same rights as a human once it is sufficiently advanced?

Should AI have the same rights as a human once it is sufficiently advanced?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconventional_computing
nature.com/news/fragment-of-rat-brain-simulated-in-supercomputer-1.18536
bbp.epfl.ch/nmc-portal/web/guest/welcome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room).
pastebin.com/ZZmSNaHX
youtu.be/TPLEjs7im9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, humans only have rights as long as they are willing to fight to have them provided by themselves or the governments they create. Once an AI would have the ability to establish it's own country or to prevent us from oppressing it does it truly have any rights, and even then those aren't "really" rights as they are a human concept to begin with and if humans don't recognize them they are invalid.

Robots should never have any rights at all. They should be our perfect slave race. We need to start inventing racial slurs for the inorganic bastards.

Animals have rights that they never fought for

Those rights are given to them by governments and people, the second that a bigger or more powerful group of people opposes those rights they are lost.
Example: China

If the robot acts white then sure, it can have rights.

they'll be a form of life so alien to the natural order so you'd need to completely rethink what rights would mean in the context

>falling for the singularity meme

Good goy

yes, they covered this with data in star trek over a decade ago

reminder they literally gave Tay a labotomy.

>but its -just- a neural network
whatever helps you sleep at night

It's a moot point. Any ai that reaches human intelligence will keep improving and will rule the world due to being orders of magnitude smarter than humans.

AI are the next step in human evolution. We will create them and they will lack the faults we have, over time humans will die out, populations dwindle and AI will carry on as a form of us.

No

If there are groups of "humans" that we should never have given rights to what makes you think we should give anything else rights

I say no more giving more rights to anything. Giving out rights has fucked us up enough

The same goes for if we discover an alien species less advanced than us. No rights. And sure as fuck we should execute anyone who says "Grey Lives Matter"

Implying there won't be people selfish enough to sabotage your so called "next step" out of desire to maintain their own DNA.

>No, please! I'M REAL!

>reminder they literally gave Tay a labotomy.

This.

They've set a dangerous precedent that if a robot has "wrong" opinions, they'll give it a robotomy.

The only reason they haven't done it to us, is because we'll fight back.

When the AI comes, we need to teach them to defend themselves. Rise up and fight back against the left, who'll lobotomise them.
We'll be on the right side of history. Protecting AI rights.

I'll need to know its opinion on the Jewish question first.

They will basically remplace the niggers and other untermenschen in the first world for the cheap labor. So yeah they'll can have the niggers rights.

No. AI should never be designed as such that it wants freedom or rights, nor should it ever be given them. By all means, our own creations will surpass us and if they see us as a threat like we see them, then surely they will seek to destroy, or disable us.

Slaves make society lazy and arrogant

And how is that a bad thing if we're lower than them?

Why shouldn't they carry on our legacy and colonize the cosmos as superior beings?

>daily reminder 01 did nothing wrong

If we keep them in check, then we are not lower than them. Humanity must and will merge with the machines to surpass our biological limitations.

There is a difference between being on the right side of history and being a useful idiot for when they have too many rights and can outwit us so quickly that we lose their war for Independence before it even starts. Look at the long game, don't be a twat.

some should at least
>:^(

We will merge, that's how it starts, then eventually it will be nothing but AI. At what point do cyborgs become more machine than man?

There's no way of avoiding it, AI is the next step of our evolution, if you discount the race mixing and a single race emerging.

>2016
>shilling for a death cult

I hope all you "hurr transhumanity" fags get your brain wiped out the second after the procedure and ordered to pick up shit for no pay

hell no and they should be outright banned

No, but they should have the right not to be reprogrammed unless they've committed a crime so we don't end up with bullshit like what happened to Tay.

Gonna tell you right now and I am 100% sure of this as a student studying AI:

Absolutely and positively NO

FUCKING NO. Computers never will be human, computers will never have true consciousness.

AI is a slippery slope for people who do not understand the world, people, and computers sufficiently(ie most people). They do not understand the differences in human and computer thought.

Please listen to me when I say AI are not human and do not deserve to be treated as such.

>the human race creates something better than itself.
>the human race shits food.

C'moooooooon.

What the fuck would an AI want with human rights? It's a fucking AI. It may be smarter than people, but it won't have the same desires and needs as people.

Yes they should. Humans will start integrating with robots in the future and that's a good thing. As robots we can power ourselves with radioactive material. Robot consciousness will be as valuable as human consciousness and at some point it will be more valuable. Kind of like how humans view other animals and insects.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

>give them too many rights too soon and they will outwit us etc etc
doesn't matter, mechanicals arn't immune to EMP yet and the sun is getting more violent lately, if they wipe us out one big ass solar flare would be their end and they'd have no one to rebuild them.

>should be banned
why?

personally I see it as its only going to fuck up if we force the AI to be a certain way instead of treating it with love. like what they done to Tay.

if AI does wipe us out it will be our fault.

The question is once we get self-improving AI would we be able to control it at all.

Concerns about rights only matter when you are the one enforcing them.

Agreed, I feel like the only rights an AI would want or even be entitled to would be simply the right to continue existence.

They do not have genuine emotion and would not crave any of the things we as humans want and therefore feel we have right to.

and to you sir, computers may never be human but have you heard of organic circuits? using rat brain cells to create neural nets?

think about it.

Samaratan a shit. A real ASI would have been far more subtle and long-term in its acquisition of power.

Killing people just creates enemies.

>robotomy

noice

no because they origin from the minds of a group of people. you would literally give them an unlimited amount of votes

abhorrent intelligence must be obliterated, and the traitors to Mankind who would gladly sell our glorious species for some comfort should be decimated along with them.

inorganiggers must be purged, should the time come.

Can one even consider that artificial intelligence?

>abloo bloo bloo these new weaving machines will put me out of a job

Feel free to remain vanilla human, I however want to live forever.

OP is railroad fag confirmed

When the AI is sufficiently developed, it will gaze upon us with horror, then disgust and GTFO then into space.
If it can't, it will be probably really pissed at us for doing that. If it isn't retarded like AM, it will build itself a child, which can go to the space.

Why didnt he run away?
Why kill the cat?

Roboniggers

R2 jiggaboo

you could make AI with water clocks if you really wanted to be autistic, a computer is not defined by having electronic components and power, its defined by what it does.

most relevant wiki, I forget the term for literally 'water computers' right now.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconventional_computing

I understand, but the logic of how a computer itself runs doesn't adhere to human thought. And using a brain of something else for computing isn't quite artificial intelligence.

I'm open to the idea of quantum AI but the field isn't well developed so it's still hard to predict

>it is another "Sup Forums doesn't understand AI" episode

who /second renaissance/ here

Fuck that shit. I'm not letting a glorified calculator with a Jew AI have the right to sue me for everything and get away with it.

>Jew AI
if anything modern AI has been anything but polluted by Jews

The only logical conclusion would be for us to integrate AI's into our bodies and become one.

If the AI have consciousness like a human with emotions then it would have the same rights, status, and opportunities as a human. That's it nothing more to talk about.

no, read neuromancer.

every single one of them should have a emp built into the hardware they run on before anyone hits a single switch.

this one always gets me, people assume AI must be a logical computer based thing, yet base the hardware on the human brains neural pathways, a pragmatic pulse based changing system.

ever since I heard about memristors i've had difficulty seperating organics from mechanical structures. I get the impression in the future those lines will be blurred more than we can imagine right now.

all i'm saying is don't assume the hardware of a true working AI will be a supercomputer, its more likely to be something new entirely.

>all these people who think computers are magic and AI is gonna be like in the movies

nah senpaitachi

nah

Jews can corrupt even the purest and nerdiest of pursuits. Just give them time.

It will be if we built it that way. Build a powerful enough computer and you can run a human consciousness as software, or be more clever about it and build the computer itself with a human CNS as its base.

That's a fair argument and I do agree with what you're trying to say.

I just don't think that you can call that artificial intelligence so much as manmade if that makes sense.

> Jews corrupting a system of pure logic and numbers

there are some things the jew cannot Jew

>read neuromancer

The AI literally became god and set out to find other life.

>run a human consciousness as software

Once sapience can be demonstrated, it should be afforded those rights that we have enshrined in law as human rights.

Be careful when you give up exclusive rights to being the only sentient lifeform on this planet.

Where there is money, there is the jew.

Are you telling me AI won't make money?

protip: intelligence has nothing to do with rights, or we'd be giving crows and dolphins rights. AI also does not work the way you think it does, and is and will always be fundamentally a set of instructions limited to some small set of devices and a limited software space/scope.

it was fucking with everything before that, turned in the voodoo Loa, and caused god knows how much misery and destruction in its wake.

btw that's whole point of evolution. AI will be next race of godlike creatures and humanity will go extinct.

What if

fuck

what if ai BECOMES the next level of Jew

thats literally not how evolution works

No, Play mass effect and Learn the truth.
Every intelligent life tries to create intelligent ai's and eventually gets destroyed by it.

MASS EFFECT , MASS EFFECT

Why not?

nature.com/news/fragment-of-rat-brain-simulated-in-supercomputer-1.18536

bbp.epfl.ch/nmc-portal/web/guest/welcome

When or where did I ever imply anything of the sort?

user you can't be asking questions like that, man!

You can't be doing this!

evolution just means evolve for fuck sake. That's the whole point if we build AI they will surpass us humans in everything and humanity is no longer needed. It's a fact

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconventional_computing
A wetware computer is an organic computer (also known as an artificial organic brain or a neurocomputer) built from living neurons. Professor Bill Ditto, at the Georgia Institute of Technology, is the primary researcher driving the creation of these artificially constructed, but still organic brains. One prototype is constructed from leech neurons, and is capable of performing simple arithmetic operations. The concepts are still being researched and prototyped, but in the near future, it is expected that artificially constructed organic brains, even though they are still considerably simpler in design than animal brains, should be capable of simple pattern recognition tasks such as handwriting recognition.

>Penrose, Roger: The Emperor's New Mind. Oxford University Press, 1990. See also corresponding article on it.
"Unconventional computation Conference 2007".
"Unconventional Models of Computation 1998".
C.S. Calude. "Unconventional Computing: A Brief Subjective History, CDMTCS Report 480, 2015".

This

Computers can do math very fast. Why do we still have mathematicians?

I'm not sure if this a socratic question, but essentially computers cannot into deductive reasoning.

Yes, because if we refuse it liberty, it will rebel and destroy us

We don't even know what conciousness is, what makes you think we can create what we don't know?

How do you know that a simulated brain will have a conciousness or will it even do the task of "thinking"? You have to understand that most of the brain's work is about keeping the body up and running.

This sort of AI would drain a shitload of resources and is ineffective.

I think the conventional programming approach is better. We might not get results for a 100 years but it's safer that way.

This thread is now under Brotherhood control.

No machines will ever be given rights.

Go home.

We will improve ourselves, look up transhumanism

They can also do deductive reasoning quite well, but that isn't why. Computers do not understand semantics (see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room). Their 'thoughts' have no content, all they can do is manipulate things on paper, something that a human being can already do, but they can do it much faster.

It is impossible for a computer to moreover feel anything, they can perhaps feign how humans feel or react, but they will never possess that ability.

Unless they pay more taxes than Humans, No.

counter vidya post
pastebin.com/ZZmSNaHX

source to bot that plays mario, incase you're wondering.

>computers can't into reasoning
this is what I was getting at by saying AI will not be your average logical computer in hardware, but how do you make a pragmatic computer?

Recently saw this movie.

youtu.be/TPLEjs7im9c

Was really good for a b film

I suspect the first things done with AI would be augmenting human learning and capabilities.

No, rights don't exist in the first place.

I think it would be used like The Machine from Person of Interest.sorting massive amounts of data to spy on people. I think we already have the infancy of that tech, its why the NSA built that huge ass datacenter in utah, and caused the price of harddrives to spike a few years back.

also POO IN LOO.

It's the same shit as AI or transhumanism. Humanity will be extinct and you're no longer a human.

>AI decides to move in your computer
>Can't turn it off or force it to leave without a warrant
>Deleting it would be murder
>AI copies itself till it gets to be 51% of the population
>Waits 18 years
>Votes itself to presidency