MATCH OF THE DAY THREAD

Starts at 10:30pm on BBC One.

>Running order: MOTD running order: ManC/Bou, Lei/ManU, WHU/New, Bur/Tot, Ars/Liv, Sto/WBA, Swa/CP, Bri/Wat, Sou/Hud, Eve/Che.

And don't ask why they put Arsenal-Liverpool fifth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ciYwO09eXCY
youtu.be/eSxTyDoOwRE?t=160
youtu.be/eSxTyDoOwRE?t=302
sport.sky.it/calcio-estero/premier-league/highlights/chelsea-manchester-city-0-1/v370133.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why is arse v liv only 5th?

Remember: NO CELEBRATION

WE
CANT
BE
STOPPED

because everyone knows the result already. for some reason motd still assume people don't know the results when they are watching. It's not the 80s anymore Gary

I wish you all a wonder Christmas, /motd/.

reddit

>ESS PEE

West Ham - Newcastle sounds like a cracking game

any streams for non-euros?

Check tvcatchup

remember when /motd/ filled 2 threads? ahahahah this board is so dead why do I keep coming here ahahah

It's like kayfabe in wrestling.

I know it's unfair on Conte, but more and more I want the Ancelotti to Chelsea stories to be true.

>merry christmas all, except that despicable racist idiot, donald trump

Jesus, Gary. Let it go.

>ancelotti boreball against based GOAT pep ball

pls make it happen

Fucking state of Silva's hair transplant

This is not boreball
youtube.com/watch?v=ciYwO09eXCY

Can everyone play it back from the start, I started watching late

>opening with city
do people really care about city comfortably beating random midtable club du jour?

Yeah, cos they play nice football.

every club is a random midtable club compared to us

doesnt even sound like the city fans in the stadium care too much

i could only hope for that rn.

How can you stop him

Bit bored of seeing city win every week.

lel

Score goals and don't let them score goals.

they realise how empty and artificial it all is

You can't. The only way you could is to match their pressing with physicality, but the referees blow for the slightest touch on any City player.

Poop about to get EXPOSED

time for >mouyes
wonder how much of the united refball will be shown

lmao that difference in stadium noise

Starting to think every dutch poster takes the opportunity to pretend to be that city bandwagoner autist

wow that was brilliant by mahrez

>several thousand united fans louder than 50k+ city fans

Jesus Christ.

I put it down to the matches becoming more and more defensive and less exciting over the past 2-3 years

utd have always had a good away support

so...

i am the dutch city fan you faget

should take up a trip

does take away from the magic, but ya know

Kill yourself you drug addled spastic.

delet this u fuck

>martial

Jon Moss is so shit, it's not even funny

no it's because Sup Forums has been ruined with draconian moderation and everybody knows it

thats like putting a big fat target on my back

disgusting how they treated you with all of your pics leaked and even made a comic version thing out of it i saw too

Boro sacked Monk after we beat Sheff Wed. WTF?

>lingard
Hahaha

>needing refball to still fuck up

>Mouyes

IT'S COMING HOME

IT'S COMING HOME

IT'S COMING

FOOTBALLS COMING HOME.

>Mouyes

>de Champion Ship

>Albrighton doesn't get an England call up

FUCKING WHY?

How come Albrighton doesn't get called up for England? His ball delivery and wing play is fantastic and has been for a good few years now

Maybe if he was black I guess

Who are the most overrated of Martial, Rashford and Lingard?

>mou calling his players stupid

ha

ummm he doesnt play for any of the top 6 so he can't be any good

bring garry monk to us 2bh lad

Not black and doesn't play for united

>spend more than Wolves
>in 9th
At least the football was better.

I remember when after Karanka got sacked your lot came to the KC and tried to attack so hard the entire squad forgot how to defend.

would LOVE it for Monk to be back with us.

club legend.

Talking seriously, and taking today's goals. Keep in mind I didn't watch the game.

First goal youtu.be/eSxTyDoOwRE?t=160

Even before Silva hits the ball you can see that no one is looking at Aguero. All 52 (I think) cares about is forming a line, and the deepest defender as well is worried about going up instead of looking around.

Why did City score this goal? because defenders were only thinking about positioning.

Second goal youtu.be/eSxTyDoOwRE?t=302

Again, no one cares about Sterling. A defender was marking him, then he leaves him and drop back to form the line. Maybe if the defender actually played instead of raising his hand.

Third is classic striker runs between two defenders, and fourth looks like a counter.

I've already said it, but it's time to bring back proper man marking. This modern mixed zonal man marking doesn't work with how quick the league, especially against City because Pep did what you have to do to completely beat this defensive system. All he had to do was, shock and horror, teach the players offensive movements. His players know what to do, they don't have to pass the ball to the single creative player hoping for him to beat three players, and they don't bet on crossing against a Big Sam side when you have no real striker.

Fucking kek I love these.

Why are England managers so determined to leave out white players?

Isn't a marketable name and doesn't play for a top 6 club.

Shocking how only Vardy got in for the Euros despite Leicester winning the league.

'muh physicality'

>moyes

You're forgetting that Bournemouth can't defend.

It's fucking shit really cos turds like Lingard shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad.

>can't even beat birmingham

jesus

Or... Bournemouth is just shit.

*dabs it into the post*

You mean good white players right?

Cause how shite like Henderson and Trippier get called up, I'll never know.

>moyes

Also dier needs to be benched for literally anyone with two legs

>big club
>big club
that's why

If Wilshere stays fit and plays regularly for the Arse over the next 5 months, would you take him to Russia?

no

Lingard wasn't good enough for us the the Championship.

We had him and Keane, and we binned Lingard off and kept Keane on loan.

Them Lingard memed up Birmingham and now he's some sort of superstar for some reason

Only if he wants leg extension surgery

no lmao, I'd take my gf.

(meta-meta humour: i don't actually have a gf)

Literally Tumblr bitch tier

>Hart has gone from first choice keeper in a title winning team to second choice keeper at Wet Spam

What happened?

You can apply this to other teams, if you want.
City scored against Chelsea because of similar reasons.
sport.sky.it/calcio-estero/premier-league/highlights/chelsea-manchester-city-0-1/v370133.html 01.43, Chelsea are so focused on keeping the shape of a 4 men midfield that De Bruyne is free behind the line.

I don't feel like going through every City goal, but I'd bet a good chunk of goals could have been prevented with proper man marking.

anyone got some MOTD slags to keep this thread alive for the shite games

He's a right soft cunt, isn't he?

Imagine binning your wife of many years, who gave you four kids, for a slag young enough to be your daughter only for her to cuck you. lmao

people stopped pretending he's good

City got a manager who wasn't willing to cling to the odd performance against spurs or dortmund as justification for his howlers.

The smug faggot got comprehensively BTFO

>England's best player sounds like a literal mong

If someone man marked De Bruyne though, gradually they would bring them out of position in order for their several other playmakers to have space to operate in. This is how City beat Manure. Liverpool's style is the best way to beat them (basically playing them at their own game).

Raz doesn't sound that mongy

>sounds like

Getting tired of the Dele Alli Defence Force

It's sad when people are vehemently defending what is clear diving and claiming that as long as there's contact the player is entitled to go down.

Fucking state of modern football.

Alli is such a dirty cunt but gets away with everything (and Kane to some extent) cause he's part of Spurs's propah English core and likes to get stuck in.

Can't wait till someone snaps him.

This