It is said they eat the dead

It is said they eat the dead.

I thank the lord for his advice, though I do not recall hearing any exploits of his: apart from killing his brothers!

Antonio bandarez was about as arabic as I am in eaters of the dead

And? he was still good in the role, more believable than Keanu playing a Brit in Dracula. Can't believe how hard this movie flopped.

What's your point? Buliwyf was a Czech guy.

One of the more manly kinos to exist.

>when Antonio figures out they're just men

That language learning scene was bullshit

The dog can jump!

>this triggers the linguist

A gifted polyglot could pull that off in the x amount of weeks it took them to make that trip.

Still more believable than that big guy tanking a charging horse with an aikido takedown.

One of the vikings speaks Latin in the book they communicate that way.

Fucking Vikings man, bantz all day every day

>When you die, can I have that for my little girl?

We got that from Herger somehow comprehending Greek and speaking back in Latin, but that doesn't explain how a guy who doesn't even speak Latin would suddenly display a mastery in Danish from eavesdropping at a campfire.

ibn Fadlan did speak Latin.

Then why was the old guy doing all the translating at the camp whenever Herger spoke Latin?

it's fairly farfetched, but before globalization there were some insane linguists, I think catherine of aragon could speak 8 languages and she was just spanish nobility. As a courtier and ambassador I can imagine you'd become so intuitive with languages you could at least start to make vague inferences on it.

Don't care, ibn Fadlan was a real person he was highly educated in the classics and spoke Latin.

No one gives a shit, bookfag, we're discussing the fucking movie and the language learning scene was bullshit and there's no defense for it. tries, but since there's virtually nothing in common between the Scandinavian languages and the Arabic ones, and the film already portraying ibn Fadlan as being a duncecap with foreign languages, it's STILL a bullshit scene.

Wow you proved a movie is more bullshit than real life.

Nice job fagwad.

Well would you rather have an actual arab?

Only if he spoke Latin

They think they're bears...

>Watch this movie with my mom
>Everytime Antonio Banderas is on screen she bites her tongue

Can i point out that this guys would have been a perfect casting choice for a Warcraft 3 movie.

>shows up in Viking for like 2 episodes and dies

Fuck that shit

Eh, Antonia is brown enough.

Sure, you don't have the typical Semite nose, but not all of them have it.

You can't really tell many Arabs and Spaniards apart.