Just rewatched this. Holy shit, like nothing happens the entire movie

Just rewatched this. Holy shit, like nothing happens the entire movie.

I like Superman
And Bryan Singer has made some good movies

But holy shit was Superman Returns bad.

>nothing happens the entire movie.

i like the way the show his xray vision though, very cool.

Makes Snyder "superman is jesus" shit look subtle and understated.

Superman cucked a dude, that happened. also was this supposed to be set in the 70s or just a world that looks just like the 70s?

Didn't cyclops cuck Supes tho?

It's a sequel to Superman 1 and 2.

I think for this they should have had Superman confess his secret identity to Lois already. I mean, this is supposed to be a sequel to the Reeves ones, right? and him telling her about his secret ID also moves their relationship beyond what has been going on in the previous 4 movies. for real this time, no asspull erasing Lois' memories this time.

and no superkid and cyclops. fuck those guys. and replace Lex with Brainiac who is trying to shrink Metropolis and destroy the rest of the world.

Superman Returns was so romantic. I love it.

At least twelve thousand people didn't accidently die as result of his presence.
That's kind of a big fuck up to ignore.

>impregnate a woman
>literally tell her "Goodbye, I'm going to go look for my home planet"
>a cuck raises the kid for you while you're out in space

I was waiting for supes to thank him for handling his lite work

Yeah, but then Supes creeps on them and watches them in the house with his xray vision. Maybe not a cuck but that embarrassing beta behavior.

Lex doesn't even do anything.

He has Superman weak for like 2 minutes, and then Superman is back again.

remember they had to digitally reduce the size of brandon routh's crotch because it was considered obscene

They're lowly earthlings going about their mundane lives.

Hes waiting for his son to get on his level, so they can go kill people with pianos together.

It's Hackman's Lex. He cares about real estate first, Supes second. Spacey nailed it.

Superman Returns reminds me of Peter Jackson's King Kong, both more of a vanity project and to keep the IP ticking over.

Adds nothing, just a modern rehash. Though in saying that more accessible than the originals.

No wonder Singer cast him. I heard Singer and Spacey had a fight over him on set.

like... because they both wanted a piece of that or...?

literally the worst casting for both Lois AND Lex

I love the style of it. It just pleased me in all the right ways.

that aeroplane scene is up there with spider-man stopping the train as heroic as fuck moments.

The first time I saw this movie I got told my grandpa died. It was right after the bit where Superman was stabbed and beaten.

I used to shit on it relentlessly for being bland and having no stakes. After seeing man of steel I legitimately think it's kino and am sorry for bashing it for so many years

Didn't quite get there

b-but he lifts an entire island

Lois was bad, but Stacey was great.