Someone sent this to me in response to a comment I made about whites being killed more often by cops than black people

Someone sent this to me in response to a comment I made about whites being killed more often by cops than black people.

Can anyone decipher this mess and figure out his point, if he has one?

Other urls found in this thread:

fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2014.xls
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/07/08/alton-sterling-philando-castile-and-the-supposed-war-on-blacks/
washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/
census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2014.xls

Ask him about these percentages

Adjust for arrest rates.

Adjust for murder rate.

Adjust for violent crime rate.

Fuck, adjust for ANYTHING that would put police in more recent tense situations with a given demographic.

/thread

Do what fpbp said, then compare how often whites shoot at cops vs blacks shoot at cops.

I wrote that poorly. To clarify:

For each demographic, adjust the number of people killed by police for:

1. Arrest rate
2. Murder rate
3. Violent crime rate

You adjust the number for other things, too (like the rate at which each demographic murders cops).

Mr. Christensen is not bright.

he's being very naughty, Whites are only 62% of the population, that 77% includes Hispanics

He's trying to act smart and analytical for saying "adjust for population." Which is a perfectly fine and good point to show that blacks are still killed at a rate higher than whites. Yet black crime rates, both violent and non violent, are significantly higher than other races.

Also blacks killed by police equal something close to ~5% of blacks killed while 90% of blacks are simply killed by other blacks.

Why do we see this nonstop coverage of these poor didndus who get killed by police? The media jumps on any event like this INSTANTLY and pushes the "he a good boy, dat cop racist." Narrative before any of the information about the incident is out.

drop the crime rate percentage stat since that cunt wants to get snarky

According to that, white lives are less valuable?
414 whites lives = 54 black lives?

Working on my response, here's what I have so far:

I’ll take a shot at refining this pile of salt, and guess that your point is that:
Although police kill twice as many whites as blacks, a higher percentage of the black population is killed than that of the white population.

First, let’s lay down the numbers.

Total pop. of the USA: About 320 million
White Population: 77% = 246 million
Black Population: 13% = 42 million
Other: 10% = 32 million

Deaths by police since January 1st, 2015:
Total: 512
White: 238 (46%)
Black: 123 (24%)

Deaths by police as a percentage of population size:
White: 9.67 E-7 %
Black: 29.3 E-7 %

What this shows: a black person is over 3 times as likely to be killed by a cop as a white person is.

However, I concede that adjusting for population produces misleading data in this case. It doesn’t show that police target blacks more than whites, it only shows that black deaths have a larger effect on the black population. If you had a room with 5 whites and two blacks, and one person was killed from each group, it wouldn’t make sense to conclude that blacks were being targeted more than whites.

I'm kind of trying to avoid the crime statistic for now, I don't really need this to turn into a shit show.

>police are more likely to engage with blacks

>because blacks cause more crime

facts suck.

disproportionate amounts of blacks live in high-crime-rate areas.

blacks that live in low-crime-rate areas are killed at a much lower rate, I would guess.

Tell that faggot to not count humans lives like a cattle.
Or do the same think like him ,but on whole world population

I believe it translates to:

"Ook ook eek, Banana please".

So just give him a Banana and be on your way.

they are extremely relevant, because it changes the total number of encounters blacks have with police

which will logically increase the number of fatal encounters

the harder you nig the more likely you will get shot

He just used false numbers to justify lies.
Don't even listen. Go look up the numbers. Do the math yourself.
Your friends used false numbers to promote a lie.

Don't be a sheeple. Don't believe Sup Forums or your lying friends, go do the math yourself.

That's what I'm doing, see

His argument is that white people only get shot more often because there's more of them. Makes sense that if there's more white people than black people, there will be more white criminals than black criminals and therefore more white people get shot than black people. However this is based on the faulty and untrue assumption that white people and black people commit crimes at the same rate. If you are interested in literally using his own argument against him I suggest you read this: thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/07/08/alton-sterling-philando-castile-and-the-supposed-war-on-blacks/

TLDR; Basically the article points out that black people have way more negative encounters with the police than white people and so by your friend own logic it only makes sense that black people are shot at a higher rate. He can't disagree without weakening his stance on the impact of systemic racism (if he takes the SJW stance that is.)

how can 414*13/77 = 54 and 233*77/13=1398 ?

Alright, here's what I have as a counter-argument. Let me know if there are any flaws.

(1/2)
I’ll take a shot at refining this pile of salt, and guess that your point is that:
Although police kill twice as many whites as blacks, a higher percentage of the black population is killed than that of the white population.

First, let’s lay down the numbers.

Total pop. of the USA: About 320 million
White Population: 62% = 198 million (the 77% statistic includes white Hispanics)
Black Population: 13% = 42 million
Other: 10% = 32 million

Deaths by police since January 1st, 2015:
Total: 512
White: 238 (46%)
Black: 123 (24%)

Deaths by police as a percentage of population size:
White: 1.20 E-7 %
Black: 2.93 E-7 %

What this shows: a black person is 2.5 times more likely to be killed by a cop as a white person is.

However, I concede that adjusting for population produces misleading data in this case. It doesn’t show that police target blacks more than whites, it only shows that black deaths have a larger effect on the black population. If you had a room with 5 whites and two blacks, and one person was killed from each group, it wouldn’t make sense to conclude that blacks were being targeted more than whites.

(2/2)

But let’s consider your point, that black people are unfairly targeted. Your argument is that white people are killed more because there are more of them. By that logic, white people should commit far more crime than black people, since there are more of us. However, the numbers show us that black people commit almost half of all violent crime, despite only being 13% of the population. A population with a high crime rate is going to have more encounters with police, which results in more deaths by police, whether just or unjust.

Some conclusions:
The belief that black people are targeted due to racism is most likely false. Of course, some deaths can be attributed to racism and are unjust, but it is not as widespread of a problem as BLM propaganda would have you believe. The larger issue to tackle is why crime is so high in black communities. Despite what actual racists believe, I don’t think it is because black people are naturally prone to violence. A mix of rampant poverty and a toxic, violence-advocating culture are most likely to blame, and America does not do enough to try to bring communities that have these high crime rates out of poverty.

But police brutality is not a black-only problem. My biggest grievances with the Black Lives Matter movement is that it has taken a problem that affects all of us, and made it all about race. Despite saying they are for equality, they continue to berate and alienate people of other races, even those who wish to be allies. Rather than work towards a solution, or even suggest one, they continue to scream and blame white people as a whole for their problems. I cannot support a movement that leaves no room to support.

Sources:
washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/
census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00

Respond with "idgaf lol". Pretty sure they'll be BTFO.

Don't be a fucking pussy. Bring up crime rates.

I did, see

Don't concede anything to these people

"Of course, some deaths can be attributed to racism and are unjust"

Don't even write shit like this, they'll just say SO YOU ACCEPT POLICE ARE RACIST THEN!!!!

"Despite what actual racists believe, I don’t think it is because black people are naturally prone to violence."

Don't say this.

"A mix of rampant poverty and a toxic, violence-advocating culture are most likely to blame, and America does not do enough to try to bring communities that have these high crime rates out of poverty. "

Culture comes from genetics & environment.

Just talk about facts don't say all this semi-pussy stuff to make people think you're le super not racist guy

>Whites - 77% of the population

lmao you wish. were they looking at a census from the 80s?

6 0 %
%

The more you write the more they will have to pick apart and make bullshit arguments about. Say short simple things which aren't opinions. Just say when you adjust for increased crime rates you get more deaths by police etc.

This is a public post we're commenting on, I'm not about to go full-redpill. It's a little back-peddling, but I do actually want to preserve my reputation somewhat.

You're not a pussy, don't act like one.

wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep

Just leave facts there, people who are worth your time will respect you for being intelligent and not compromising. Be transparent.

Anyone who gets mad you shouldn't be associating yourself with anyway.

Alright, I'll take your approach. Here's a shortened version with less opinion:

Your argument is that white people are killed more because there are more of them. By that logic, white people should commit far more crime than black people, since there are more of us. However, the numbers show us that black people commit almost half of all violent crime, despite only being 13% of the population. A population with a high crime rate is going to have more encounters with police, which results in more deaths by police, whether just or unjust.

The problem BLM should be considering is why the crime rate in black communities is so high, and what they can do to fix that.
Source:

yeah that's better

He's adjusting for population, which is a legitimate statistical analysis approach.

Send him this - it's crime rates, adjusted for population and normalized to national averages.

Ex. For robbery the numbers are ~0.5 for whites and ~4 for blacks, that means the blacks commit robbery at a per capita rate 4 times the national average, and 8 times the white per capita rate.

The only crimes where whites commit crime at a lower per capita rate are alcohol related offenses like DUI and PAULA.

Alright, done. Let the shit storm begin!

This is what some Amherst liberal sent me when I told her I disagreed that the economic status of Black Americans is due to White people

BAD GOY BAD!

Kek, show us your comment.

Women love shame because they're full of it. They think that exposing your inner self-loathing will chastise you as it would her. Narcissists, all of 'em.

>blacks commit most of the crime despite being 12% of the pop.
>surprised they're more likely to die by cop

>claims it's racist
>immediately launches into ad hominem attacks

I sent her a message, thanks friendo

>TLDR; Basically the article points out that black people have way more negative encounters with the police than white people and so by your friend own logic it only makes sense that black people are shot at a higher rate. He can't disagree without weakening his stance on the impact of systemic racism (if he takes the SJW stance that is.)

I'm with you, user, but their typical response is "yeah but it's the white police that make those encounters negative by assuming the worst, it's just systematic and institutionalized racism". It's a nice convenient phrase of theirs that is of course impossible to reason against since it is 100% opinion (that they think is fact).

Why even send facts? Liberals don't pay attention to them, might as well just mock the bitch.

If that was true, it would mean hispanics and asians would have a high death by cop rate, but they dont.

LMAO, typical liberal shill shitposting on Facebook. Don't even waste your time replying, she is being completely illogical and there is literally nothing you could say that would be considered an acceptable response.

>Colorado
>Peer advocates of sexual respect
>Hardcore liberal SJW detected

Agreed, but their response will be, "NICE STRAWMAN WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT ASIANS OR HISPANICS"

>Bonnie Drake
Who names his child Bonnie? It looks like a retarded version of Bunny

POL BTFO

>STRAWMEN
Liberals have no clue about fallacies, strawmen or discussion in general.
Bcuz thas RACIS!

Sadly I forgot to maximize all the comments before screencapping. It was literally a 35 comment chain, I'm blocked now but can't access it. Essentially:
>she tells me America was built by on "Black bodies"
>America's economy began by
>White people were able to pass wealth down to children, Black people weren't
>blah blah blah White people need to give money to Black people

This is a conversation about how public schools are funded through property taxes, by the way. She posted some pic calling it institutional equality that some public schools are better-funded than others, and I wrote a comment saying that this is because some people make more money than others, and that you can't just have "equally"-funded public schools without taking money that you have no right to, so it isn't inequality.

This is how deep-rooted race politics is in American politics. She says that we need equally-funded public schools because of SLAVERY. Note she goes to a 60k a year private college.

My response was that slavery didn't encumber the economic growth of Black Americans because if there were no slavery their literacy rate and virtually every other criteria of development would be lower. For instance the literacy rate of Blacks in 1910 was 60% but no African country got that far until the 80s. I also told her the vast majority of White people couldn't give money to their children, because they were either slaves themselves or indentured servants or otherwise too poor to have any wealth. I finished the comment telling her that, as opposed to "White people taking advantage of the labor of Black people," it is much more accurate to say the opposite, because 90% of scientific and technological development in America has been due to White people historically.

That guy sounds really triggered.

He typed out all of that shit when he could have just said, "A higher percentage of blacks die when adjusting for their total percentage of the population." After that, he could have posted some quantitative data and have been done with it. Both the original graph (more whites die overall) and his claim are correct and he should have admitted that instead of being such a rambling, butthurt baby about it.

user, you need to stop wasting time replying to this dumbass.

Last one.

This "dumbass" and her friends go to the same colleges as America's elite political and literary class. Like it or not, these dumbasses will be trying to rule us in twenty years.

he's saying per million population blacks are more likely to get shot. but when you use the murder rate and find blacks commit 51% of murders they are more likely to have interactions with the police. they are also 9 times more likely to resist arrest. of course he doesn't use native americans in his talk because they are the most likely to be killed by police if you use the per million propaganda.

>That response
Good one, spic

Assholes moving the goalposts by reducing the number of whites killed through evening the percentages. False equivalence achieved by common core-inspired "critical thinking."

Its bullshit

Jesus fucking christ you're stupid. Of course whites get killed by cops less percentage-wise, we're not niggers. What you should point out is how often blacks are charged with resisting arrest, violent crimes, etc. Maybe there's a REASON they get killed more that isn't "muh racism".

Jesus fucking christ you dumb shit.

Why don't we all message this race traiting whore until she delete's her facebook..

I've taken a look and..:

>Activist pictures with gay flags
>Black lives matter ..
>Black boyfriend.

Also lol at my ID.

>Just call me Jew Watcher

State that blacks simply commit more crimes than whites because of poverty conditions. Make it a socioeconomical issue, not a racial one. You won't win SJWs with that

Update: He deleted all of his comments and I think blocked me, I can't search his name anymore.

I'm actually a little sad, he was a cool guy despite his political views. And his best friend is my roomate, so that will make things a little awkward.

just say that the length and forced quirkiness of his response really emphasizes that his rationalizing of facts is deluded and self serving

then send him some more graphs baby

>then send him some more graphs baby

>assuming liberal SJWs use logic and rely on facts

>He deleted all of his comments and I think blocked me
>he was a cool guy

If he can't handle a conversation he's not a cool guy. He's a pussy.

just google FBI charts for murder, assaults, crime.

In general blacks are doing more crime than their population percentage warrants. Once you present this to them, they'll tell you it's a cop conspiracy to increase crime reporting on blacks.

I already replied to him niggers, read the thread

Your last point:

One white has a 1/5 chance of dying. One black has a 1/2 chance of dying. The black man isn't being targeted per se, but the nature of the situation makes him more likely to die.

If it's not a fact then you don't need to reason with it. Just tell them their being overly dogmatic in their thinking and ask them to give you proof that police make the encounter negative. If they blame it on systematic racism they're doing what's called "begging the question". They started out by saying cops are creating a racist system that keeps blacks down and uses the death rates as evidence. This get's disproved by what I said earlier so then they say the it's because these cops are a part of a racist system that my argument doesn't matter. It's just circular reasoning.

To win this kind of argument you have to find counter examples. Look at the great land of Canadia for example, people here were super fucking racist against Chinese immigrants and Japanese immigrants. We were also super anti-semitic and had segregation just like the states. And yet we don't have any of the problems they do in the states and are viewed as one of the most progressive and fair countries in the world despite the country being predominately white. Which by their logic of white people being super racist and keeping everyone down should make us one of the most oppressive.