The Expanse

Drummer best character but Miller best husbando

Other urls found in this thread:

syfy.com/theexpanse/blog/this-is-not-a-drill-the-expanse-is-renewed-for-season-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do I not care if any of these characters lives or dies?

better question is why do you keep watching if you don't care

>Yeah, Cap's got a thing about you killing people before you talk to him about it

fuck belters t b h

fucking space niggers

Miller's noir detective story gave me flashbacks of Brawne Lamia from Hyperion

wait can someone catch me up? When did we see Johnson stockpiling protomolecule?

I'm a fan of hard SF shows set in space

Amos is the best. All the other characters are a drag/neutral except Miller/drummer/dawes
what are you talking about? that never happened

well Dawes accused Johnson of keeping the "terrible new weapon" and of "taking it back to Tycho"

Didn't seem like Johnson was objecting to the accusation.

pretty sure he just meant he planned to use the scientist to develop protomolecule weapons

oh. I guess the wording threw me off

>hard SF
not for much longer lmao

>Drummer best character but Miller best husbando
This. I miss Miller but Drummer is top waifu material and my new favourite next to Amos. Her executing those two scumbags was a great scene.
I don't mind strong women when they are portrayed this well. Not to mention she's hella cute and dat accent..hnnng

Ayy

>Last episode got 451k viewers

Cancelled general?

he had the scientist

probably inevitable. Makes me super fucking mad that dogshit garbage on CW gets more views than this

>Drummer

Fuck this character. Where is Sam?

Riverdale is unrionically better than The Expanse

The writers have made it clear that syfy is aware the raw numbers don't add up to the total viewership, so I'm thinking it's okay for at least one more season.

How do people feel about the changes made to Prax's story? It feels like a lot of the depth from the character has been shed, but desu him slouching around Ganymede for months would've been boring tv. Also, how the fuck did he get a plant off ganymede in his pocket if he just woke up on the refugee ship after being in a coma as a direct result of the mirror coming down?

The two preceding episodes had increasing viewership though.

>tfw no belter gf

>Also, how the fuck did he get a plant off ganymede in his pocket if he just woke up on the refugee ship after being in a coma as a direct result of the mirror coming down?
Show is totally fucked at this point. I'm not sure what happened. Show runner got a tumor or something. I've never seen something JUST so abruptly.

I didn't think much of that.
Is it a big deal he got a plant off ganymede? It's just soybean

Now that Miller's story is done, I honestly don't care if it gets cancelled.

Why doesn't Alex wear his hat anymore?

Why did Thompson tell the Rossi they weren't welcome on Tycho anymore? I couldn't tell what they did to piss him off.

He probably figured out he was going down there to kill his only bargaining chip in galactic power game and because his base was fundamentally weakened afterwards, that is a man clinging to his last life raft.

He loses nauvo to his own decision making, scientist is gone, his position within the OPA is severely weakened. That leaves him in an increasingly weak political position and when you run with wolves, that is how you get dead.

Hey. We need to talk.

is that heavy eye makeup supposed to make her look less Asian?

question to the book readers : is millers story done? i doubt it somewhat.......

I'm seriously having trouble getting into the show now that Miller crashed into Venus. It's not really the show producers fault, that's just how the story goes, but his arc was the only one I was really interested in.

I could live without seeing this guy ever again. I don't know if it's the actor, or the character, or the bad lines he has to deliver, but I am not feeling it.

Hoping more screen time goes to Amos, he's been an afterthought for a few weeks now.

Even if he comes back as some kind of protomolecule force ghost or something it will never be the same

>Thinking this show is getting another 2 seasons to get to that point in the story

We already know this season isn't ending on that so. I just don't see it.

The characters left over telling the story are not their book counterparts, asrvala is not anywhere near as good as her book politics and bobbi is so bad I actively internally start yelling at screen every time she shows up.

I know they could never find some super fit, overgrown woman that is still somehow sexually attractive and also 7 feet tall with lean built muscle.

She has an awkward baby face and can't act for shit and she is easily going to be a season and a half worth of face time and she can't fucking act.

This story wise is a huge part, almost as big as Miller's and they went out of their way to get a likable character actor for miller, this bitch is a noname kiwi. I'm sure they know who she is in ausland but to us, she's nothing. Even if I dislike indian woman, I know she has a deep pedigree.

It's just bad casting and we needed to like her almost as much if not more so than miller to sell this shit because Holden never improves storywise, this is who he is, forever.

Season 2 will end with this line screenshot this

They've already said on twitter that it won't.

it's been kind of slow since eros crashed, but this last episode was really good and it seems like it will be picking up again. from what i understand, eros crashing into venus was the end of the first book

checked

another wasted opportunity, what the fuck are they thinking

She's not Asian. If anything, it's the make up that makes her look sorta Asian. The actress is of native american/white descent.

i dont know what it is about her but i want her as a gf immediately

Probably Thomas Jane might not want to come back.

She will protect and defend your many strangely accented children.

Literally not worth watching since all the other characters suck. They are even fucking up Amos with this last episode. This animosity towards Alex is retarded.

best haircut of the universe

what is it called?

It's just not worth it unless they plan on adding a lot of shit for him to do.

Why did they space all those grills doe?

it was a faggots-only ship

they used prax like a toy

they were all innie scum who deserved to be spaced

GOOD SHIP TAKE YOU HOME

no wonder why this shit sucks it looks like torment tides of nu-men-era.

lesbo half cut?

innie>outie roastie bitches

they were working on ganymede growing food for ungrateful outies

enjoy eating dirt fucking belter scum

>farmers growing food to help belter shit stains
>deserved to be spaced

typical belter logic

I don't like the changes at all. I guess they were trying to speed things up to keep viewers interested, but this is way too fast. The novel painted him as middle-aged man with a puny build and a perpetually-scared look. Now he's a good looking guy in his 30s with a nice physique.
Also, I kinda hoped they would show the "Cascade" of Ganymede's eco-system, it would have added much more depth to his storyline.

shit, are his eyes really that crooked?
Don't know why I didn't notice earlier

syfy.com/theexpanse/blog/this-is-not-a-drill-the-expanse-is-renewed-for-season-3
Not yet

fucking nice

Thank you Based God!

How can anyone like belters.
Drummer still THE waifu tho.

>Also, I kinda hoped they would show the "Cascade" of Ganymede's eco-system, it would have added much more depth to his storyline.
Episode 10 is titled "Cascade", so it's probably coming.

As if continually torturing Holden isn't enough.

Which would make us have to watch more Holden, so who is he really torturing, holden or viewers.

>I know they could never find some super fit, overgrown woman that is still somehow sexually attractive and also 7 feet tall with lean built muscle.
This is how I always pictured Bobbi when reading the books.

It would've been that if not for the thinning hair on the sides.

hhhhhnnnnnngggggggg
Fucking diamonds.

because they are a bland blend of beige

>when diversity is more important than quality

You may have been infected by protomolecule.

This is my 6'1" amazon martianfu! Let's all say something nice about her!

Except most of them are decent actors.

the lead white dude actor (holden) is much worse than naomi/poo in loo politicsfu

I want her to strangle me with her thighs just as she's all sweaty and smelly from doing combat training

Although you got your entire squad killed, at least their deaths were slow and painful.

Needs to lift more.

they're really hammering the 'belters are niggers in space' thing home, innit

Stop posting pictures of my girlfriend

>Decent for amateur theatre

That i can agree with, Holden is constantly constapated and lacks any aura that could be misstaken for leadership
The PoointheLoo lady just reminds me of Rajs mother in Tbbt, that they have the same husband doenst lessen that feeling... But sure, she is okay. best so far was the martian that died in S1 who wanted oceans.

this. I need more Aryan Martians. I'll settle for Asians too like the Donnager captain

>donnager captain
I agree with that. she seemed like someone in actual command.

Gomez was described as Filipino in the book IIRC. Ace choice on the actor tho.

>Filipino
most powerful race wouldn't cut it in space. Except as ladybois in brothels

There's so many strange casting choices that diverge from the book
>errinwright in the books is Indian
>the guy in the show really looks how Dresden is described in the books
>Naomi looks like the book's Ade
>beltergirl from Ceres looks like Naomi in the books
>Miller is described as a Tom Noonan figure in the books
>Amos is 40 in the books
>Alex is not handomsecurry with 10/10 hair but kind of fat and slightly balding
>they got the facemarks perfectly on Dawes but he's not tall enough
>Havelock is not a spic
>Diogo should be way younger

They got Avasarala(minus swearing), Pierre Mao, Holden, Fred Johnson and Bobbie(minus the impossible 2 meter height) really well though.

Also don't be fucking stupid, Drummer looks like an Injun and the actress actually is some Leaf Redskin

Book Bobbie is literally a taller Brawne rip-off

I just remembered another thing that really pissed me off about that, they never explained his eyes! or f they did i missed it. It annoys the fuck out of me in this show that they keep things in that are confusing and go out of their way to film in the most stupid way, just to make the audience confused.

>Miller as Tom Noonan

Now I know how full of shit you are since nowhere in book is that stated, anywhere.

Tom was most annoying casting on Hell on Wheels and won't allow your bullshit to go unanswered.

She's supposed to look like Jonah Lomu with feminine features. Can't tell if I like Pax yet or not. They added some depth to him but I really hoped they'd show the collapse of Ganymede.

He's a lanky 7 foot tall slightly balding aging 49 year old man. You're full of shit

I'm just dissapointed that the belters aren't all shown as lanky freaks. Instead they did them up as punk themed hipsters to show how different they are.

Page number and paragraph. Cite yourself, now.

Yeah well, hard to get a lot of good actors who are really tall.

God damn it user, I ain't sifting through 55 chapters just to get an accurate description of Miller. He is 49 though and he is 2 meters tall and lanky, like any Belter. Might have just pictured Tom Noonan in my head tho.

You are full of shit, stop spouting lies.

>born Belter
>he must look like Rome's Marc Anthony

Fuck off faggot, I just know you haven't read the fucking books.

I've read the first three books and can tell you nowhere in the first book is any description that comes anywhere close to Tom "i'm so terrible" I can't keep a job on Hell on Wheels, Noonan.

Nor did I state anything about his appearance, you've done so twice, first with Tom and Now by making a Rome reference. Please kill yourself nigger.

>Might have just pictured Tom Noonan in my head tho.

He is almost 7 foot tall. And lanky. Do you get it now?

>all the martians so far are p. cool
>except dis bitch in particular

how does she manage to be such a bitch?

HOLY FUCK why is DRUMMER SO HOT???

It's weird how they reversed her and Thorsson from the books, where he's a KGB type asshole and she's an excellent and able soldier. He comes off looking so much better in the show.

Hey man, Manhunter and Anomalisa are record clearing stuff