Only in America could something so stupid be considered a masterpiece

Only in America could something so stupid be considered a masterpiece.

>HUR HE DRINKS COCA COLA. JUST LIKE ME!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXXS2xN7iWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reminder this beat Pulp Fiction for Best Picture

I believe he must've drank him about 15 Dr. Peppahs

That movie was a product of its time and is intended to be enjoyed by American Boomers in the 90s.

its a good movie
only a contrarian would think otherwise

t. Cuckolds

You know it really was great when the rest of you turd countries were still in the dark ages and we didn't have to listen to you cry on the internet about the US every day.

>yfw you found out what happens in the book

youtube.com/watch?v=GXXS2xN7iWA

It's a terrible fucking film. Trite, pandering, predictable, simplistic and ultimately lacking any wisdom or message beyond what everyone already knew before they watched it.
>dude now she did PCP and has AIDS because it's the 80s and people did PCP and got AIDS in the 80s
pure trash

My problem is how Forrest Gump succeeds at everything at life despite showing no initiative for anything whatsoever. He just mindlessly does what he's told and the universe bends over backwards to reward him, even if it has to ruin the livelihood of every other fisherman in the area to do so. We're meant to believe that it's because of hard work, but it really isn't, and hard work loses its meaning when you don't acually have a goal of your own.

I understand why japanese Sup Forums doesn't let non japs post. Every europeon on this website bitches about our superiority constantly. I'm sick of it. I don't even want to come here anymore. Immigration was a mistake

Another thing. Forrest's simple-mindedness and blind obedience is portrayed as a good traight, and we're clearly supposed to think "Gee, if only there were more people like Forrest, then the world would be a better place".
Imagine Forrest had been born in Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union and his mother told him to join the Army, what do you think would have happened?

Gee calm down man, it's just a movie

Remember, this movie was made to be enjoyed by boomers.

Great compilation

>COCA COLA

>>dude now she did PCP and has AIDS because it's the 80s and people did PCP and got AIDS in the 80s

it was one of the first reddit movies, with all its epic references for the sake of references. some scenes didnt have any point besides telling you LOOK HOW COOL IS THIS NEAT RETRO REFERENCE, FUCK, NEAT INNIT?

It was Dr. Pepper you idiot and he drank like 15 of them so he isn't like us. You have to be pretty retarded to get outsmarted by a movie about a retard.

Reminder that we went to the moon

My favorite movie by the way1

The irony is that now all the other nations who caught up later than America all have internet that is faster and more stable

>when you're booty blasted about Forrest Gump

really shapes my mind almonds.

>Forrest's simple-mindedness and blind obedience is portrayed as a good traight, and we're clearly supposed to think "Gee, if only there were more people like Forrest, then the world would be a better place"

What the fuck are you on about? The movie is a retelling of latter 20th century history through the lens of a child-like Ed man. Nothing about it implies you should be like that child-minded man.

The problem with the movie is that it's too eager to please. Unapologetic Oscar-bait.

how is that ironic? it takes more time to replace old infrastructure than it does to build new

>reminder this beat The Shawshank Redemption for Best Picture
fixt

Newfag

The irony of that user talking about how america was all advanced when now they're slow as shit.

Why would you mention that?

It doesn't help that the American internet is controlled by a few corporations that have virtual monopolies over different parts of the country. They actually agree not to compete with each other, thus once agains proving ancaps wrong.

Why not?

you fail to understand the implication he was making

Capitalism mf'er if you don't like it get out!

I am glad they left out the part where forest was an idiot savant math genius who worked for NASA after the Vietnam war and became an astronaut and then later a professional wrestler.

If Gump was born in nazi germany, he would've been "Wolverine "