Why this region could never be first world? most of us have/had all to be one...

why this region could never be first world? most of us have/had all to be one, western culture (i'm not saying western culture will make you rich but rich countries are mostly western culture-tier), lands with required resources for the world, some countries even had exacly the same % of white people than first world european countries so the race can't be a thing, what's failing?

Other urls found in this thread:

latercera.com/noticia/los-chilennials-buscan-casa/amp/
imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...ata/index.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Corruption mostly

Latin americans mostly

uruguay is poland tier, don't know why you are complainign

Argentina got close but crumbled. Chile is now overcoming this shithole.

The CIA and the Soviet Union during the cold war, mostly

Anyway the countries of the southern cone will be probably the first ones to leave the Third World. Chile and Uruguay are now relative successes. Paraguay is booming. Argentina will eventually fix its shitty economy, perhaps joined by southern Brazil.

Communists.

>western culture
ah yes, latin america """western""" culture nice joke bro

>lands with required resources for the world
Africa does too, look at them.

>some countries even had exacly the same % of white people than first world european countries
You're now just being plain delusional.
weak bait/10 try better next time

>what's failing
everything

t. Amerindian

Corruption and interventionism.

t. delusional faggot fishing (You)s

meddling by the CIA as well as the Jews

It's a moving goalposts type of thing, some countries are now close to conditions similar to the "great" America of the 1960's (poverty rates of around 20%) by the time you get to where the US is today, "developed world" might means things like a universal income in Finland or literal robots everywhere in Japan.

Let's leave Africa aside for a moment here (they actually moved backwards through their decolonization phase) and look at Eastern Europe and how much further they still have to go despite a Marshall plan of sorts after their entry in the EU, the thing is as developing nations play catch up living standards continue to improve in well off countries, who also disproportionately benefit from the exploitation of resources elsewhere.

You could in theory do as the East Asian tigers and artificially boost your economy through exceptional circumstances such as export based manufacturing, Mexico tried this and what we got is our living standards stagnated from better than Eastern Europe in the 1990's to we are now on par with China and about to lose NAFTA. Panama used its own unique form of wealth and they're still on murder rates higher than us.

Going to South America specifically the same moving backwards phenomena as in Africa did hit Argentina and Brazil, yes not anywhere near as badly, but they're barely out of the woods at this point, Venezuela did get Africa tier moving backwards on the other hand. Chile and Uruguay, and more recently Peru, are arguably on the right track if they manage to avoid mistakes, still we are talking a couple of decades away from what is currently Portugal or Greece levels of prosperity.

Sure, technological advance may at some point change the game if any South American nation does manage to exploit that and the largest economies like Argentina, Brazil and Colombia may be able to leverage their position at some point in the coming decades but as it looks now it's the fat kid behind on a race trying to catch up to Chad.

Why do argentinians hate themselves so much?

>some countries even had exacly the same % of white people than first world european countries
name one besides yours

Paranoid faggot.

latin american countries need to:
1. stop with the corruption
2. push for a more educated populace
3. invest in infrastructure that will help them become more prominent and dynamic in the economic world
4. stop relying on exporting commodities.

False premise. Chile and Uruguay are close to that level. Venezuela and Argentina WERE first world tier in the 50s (higher GDP per capita than France, comparable to Norway) until they fell for the ISI meme.

They were only "first world" tier because Western Europe was bombed to dust and those countries got rich from exporting to a needy people. Once Western Europe was rebuilt those economies stagnated.

It's probably from our colonial past. The model the spanish used reated unequal societies that didn't changed much after independence. The rich stay in power and do as much to remain in power at the expense of everyone else, and that leads to corruption and other bad things.

Of course, you can't pinpoint one exact reason why we are undeveloped, but i think a lot of our issues come from what i mentioned.
Also this is accurate. It's not an easy thing to do though

Agree with most of it. Except...
>Panama used its own unique form of wealth and they're still on murder rates higher than us.

During the 40's and 50's France and most of Europe were recovering from a fucking catastrophic world war that left most of the continent in ruins, and Norway used to be piss poor until the their oil boom in the 60's.

And besides most of Argentina's wealth has always been in the hands of 5% of the elite.
90% of the country didn't have paved roads, electricity or gas until the mid 60's.
You see old photos of Buenos Aires and assume that all the country was like that, no.

So no, not comparable.
Argentina has always been a shithole.

Ch*le is a fucking shithole
latercera.com/noticia/los-chilennials-buscan-casa/amp/

Lower IQs from mixing with the natives.

>why this region could never be first world?
>lands with required resources for the world
You already know the answer

Spanish cultural legacy
Criollos
America's insidiousness.

Corruption due to drug trafficking.

The fact that most smart people emmigrate to get better oportunities

recently i realize that all this shit around first worlds is folly tottaly.

not protestant

Poor leadership and not enough free market policies, its incredible that in this day and age doing business with countries in same fucking region is a huge damn hassle

Basically only shill-e gets it

t. heretic

>Paraguay is booming
how that?

I don't really know the reason; but the best among ourselves keep lagging just behind the poorest first worlders, only to end up failing spectacularly at the end.

You are all lazy. You are mixed with

Spanish (lazy)
Native (lazy)
Italian (lazy)

you need anglo saxons and germanics to have a REAL country.

Because the Spanish and the Portuguese imported people from a certain continent and interbred with them and natives.

You wanted independence, deal with it now.

all these people saying we have interbred with natives, i don't know a single person that has native descent, i don't know for the other countries

as if Spain was still a real first world country. I fuck the young Spanish women that flee from your youth unemployment

oh yeah, spain is SO first world. I love the fact that the whole country wants to break apart because of how first world it is, especially with its incredibly low unemployment rate

Mainly corruption

can't relate

Dólares PPP

Umbral de país desarrollado 2017: 29,747

Chile 24,587
Panamá 24,262
Uruguay 22,445
Argentina 20,676

México 19,479

Umbral de país desarrollado 2022: 35,014

Panamá 32,442

Chile 29,795
Uruguay 28,362

Argentina 25,014
México 23,218

imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...ata/index.aspx

The goal keep moving.

You are right, we can produce good products but our neighbors are too poor to buy them, at the end is better to do business with USA and Europe, fucking weird.

Yeah it was totally not because of corruption or anything haha fuck those niggers xDD

>corruption is exclusive to Latin America

>herpa durr da durr baboo

0. Get the commies out of power
That is the most important step.

>2. push for a more educated populace
Son, people in Brazil literally cheer when funds for education are cut, because "MUH COMMUNISM".

same in here

>0. Get the commies out of power
We have Count Orlok as president. Commies are out for some time already.

then produce cheaper products or sell to the more developed members of latin america??

>2017
>Chile 24,587
>Panamá 24,262

>2022
>Panamá 32,442
>Chile 29,795

>what's failing?
Extractive political institution, which recreate themselves in a vicious circle and were unironically set up by the Spanish and Portugese during colonial times.

bolsonaro 2018

>falling for this scam
Fucking globalist.
You and commies will eventually get the rope.

ch*le BTFO

It's funny because I studied my whole life in one of the top schools in the country, which is public, and we have a big roll of notable alumni. Once, not so long ago, the Federal Gabinet had three acting ministers from there.

He is pro-kike.
That is all it needs to be said.

>Chile
this is what not qualifying for world cup does to a country

we can't compete in volume.

So is Trump. Yet you still suck his dick.

I don't know what is worse, tbqh. Truly thinking about getting my meme degree and fleeing to Europe, since I already have the citizenship anyway.
>globalist
Nah, mate. I'm probably almost a fascist. But Bolsomeme is a bad joke.

>I fuck the young Spanish women that flee from your youth unemployment
doubt.

good

>I fuck the young Spanish women that flee from your youth unemployment
Kek

But I know guys who do that

Well if universities started doing something to improve the living conditions of people instead of latching to failed ideologies and diverting the funds for local projects into fucking interchange programs with meme careers all the while pushing for heavy anti-country sentiments then they would be respectable, otherwise they are only places where rich junkies go to get high and where gullible idiots go to attempt and create little uprisings with no real impact on society but vandalizing their own playground at the expenses of taxpayer money.

>American talking about anyone having better education
jej

who hurt you?

>Well if universities started doing something to improve the living conditions of people instead of latching to failed ideologies and diverting the funds
My impression when I read this kind of thing is that you've never been to one top public university, really.

everyone, i just wanted to get a respectable job without bringing shame to my family.

How did you end up in Colombia, Shinzo?

most of those "people" have low iqs, ergo no high development

you already are western culture, only dumb rednecks identify western culture with race or wealth

kys

no

With more use of lithium batteries, Chile and Bolivia may make themselves into the first world with lithium monies

Most undoubtedly this

Will latinniggers ever recover??? (no, they're to stupid)

S5op projecting user.
That is what I said, he is a meme.

nigga, that aint true for the south of america(anything down of São Paulo)

You literally are contaminated with something that's not white ergo low iq
GO hue in some forest subhuman

Have you ever been to São Paulo? Son, the portuguese and italians who once lived there have been mostly replaced by shite northeastern people.

not if the wealth produced remains in the hands of the elite

I stand corrected, Wikipedia still has you at above 10 for 2015 and I'm sure I saw a chart around here somewhere with you on 20 (must've been 2010-2011) that's some pretty effective work, how did you guys do it?

Spoken like a true communist

I didn't say to include São Paulo, just everything below it.

Nice ego, burger.

We will start by giving you a free helicopter ride.

>hands of the elite
If they can manage it well, they can make it like SG or Dubai (inb4 Ar*b oil $$ and nothing else, they actually make most of their $$ by trading as they don't have a lot of oil reserves)

Btwn, what are you guys take on Asian countries (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, HK, SG). They literally started poorer than you guys during the earlier half of the 20th century and so but they have well surpassed you guys and even China is kinda surpassing many of LatAm countries. Do you think you guys should have invested more on manufacturing?

>what's failing?
Spanish culture. It's a shame you weren't colonized by Brits.

Mediterraneans aren't white.

If you look at it from a historic perspective, the portuguese never really cared about installing factories or industries in Brazil. They just wanted steal its resources and cheaply sell it to other Europeans so they could keep their own nation strong. We didn't get all the technology that America did, and we weren't Portugal's favorite. They just wanted to use us. Same thing happened to other South American countries. The difference is that they had the opportunity to merge themselves and become one single big nation, but they missed their chance and we all know what happened. So I think we never really had much going. At least East Asians have a really united people and good administration, American countries in general are all divided and broken because of their colonial days.

Literally this. Stop the counting.

> most of us have/had all to be one, western culture
No
> lands with required resources for the world
No
No

>What is inequality
Oh yeah I'm sure a fiscal paradise or a minery economy have good distribution of income and its not just a tiny minority that has all the money

>western culture
>required resources for the world
>same % of white people than first world european countries

inequality in not bad per se, tho

High growth in the last few years. Crime and violence largely decreasing. This small country is ceasing to be a latin-american shithole.

Yeah. That is another problem. But we are not inequal because "le tax haven" meme (look at Singapore, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Virginia, etc...). We are extremely inequal because of deficient education, corruption and centralism; for starters.