youtube.com/watch?v=dost604rDXU
youtube.com/watch?v=h4sl0QrnhUE
youtube.com/watch?v=hFQTU8CFkm4
youtube.com/watch?v=d-z_qV7CrVo
youtube.com/watch?v=FDeZT_2XoRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anime and video games adaptations never work out

>that pelvis bone

Time to fap, waifu in the shell just keeps on giving. I might have to fap in the theatre when this comes out, I really don't think I'll be able to control myself. I don't think anyone has ever noticed me doing it before anyway

>I don’t think you could’ve taken the 1995 film and just remade it frame by frame. I think it’s just too philosophical and too introspective. I hope that we’ve built a bigger film so that people are excited in the cinema but come out enriched in some way. I think so many times I come out of the cinema and just feel like I’ve been battered over the head and my money has been taken, I haven’t actually left with anything other than a few bits of popcorn stuck to my trousers.

why would you want this to be good?
why would you want animeshit to become a thing?

>enriched

>it won't be good will it?
of course not it's based on an anime and anime by definition is not good

It will massively bomb. If it was any good with ScarJo they would have given it a summer release, this is when they dump their big budget failures hoping that lack of competition will allow them to recoup some costs.

It won't

>Of course, with source material like this you've got to improvise in some areas, mix things up. Part of making these adaptations successful is molding it to what the audience will best relate to - We feel that the changes to Majors character, particularly the transgender aspect, will help better define her and make it more accessible to western viewers.

>particularly the transgender aspect, will help better define her and make it more accessible to western viewers.
>transgender
I never saw the original but wtf

wtf i hate oshii now

Transhumanism as a scifi theme is arguably inherently pro-transsexual

They work out all the time. Most people just never hear about it.

The marketing shows an extreme lack of confidence in the project.

The Major was supposed to be a man when he was human but due going into multiple robot suits he ended with the female ones so he could have lesbian robot sex. MtRobotF Lesbian.

>inherently pro-transsexual
And yet they've decided to focus on transgender instead of transhumanism.

is there even a source for this quote?

they cast a white woman to play a japanese robot

its already garbage

>maek cyborg
>oh hey lets give her some extra flab if you know what I mean
>fugg yeah bro THICC

It's going I be absolutely terrible lad.

Major has no ethnicity. She's also pretty much entirely asexual. It's the entire fucking point of her character.

You posted a fucking image which displays the casting.
You answered your own fucking question.
Delete the fucking thread.

Any source for this? None of the anime says Major was male at any point.

Batou specifically calls her out for staying in a female body

Considering the transhuman themes, who cares. It is the most inconsequential aspect they are screwing up.

yeah, "kusanagi" has no ethnicity

dumbass

>She's also pretty much entirely asexual.

Must I post the manga?

stop , and ...... no.........

The visuals will be good, the fighting will be clear and well shot, the whole thing will be entertaining and passable.

Except for the writing.

I don't know who wrote this but dear lord they have no sense of subtlety whatsoever. Granted the boat scene in the original kinda bashes you over the head as well, but at least it's providing neat ideas and concepts.

What I've heard of the plot and dialogue thus far sounds far too much like literally any other "They took my past from me" human weapon type movie.

“I don't think that you could have taken the '95 film and just remade it frame to frame. I think it's too philosophical and too introspective.”

Rupert Sanders, GitS director

>ಠ_ಠ

>ghost in the shell is too philosophical

Americans not even once

we're talking about movie only

they tried to make major as asexual as possible. she is an asexual entity in a female android body

To be fair if you were to make robots why would you make them as attractive as possible?

It's gonna suck more balls than Sasha Grey.

Why wouldn't you?

>tfw no Anno-directed live action Evangelion adaptation

Friendly reminder that if this succeds disney has to plans to make a Nausicaa of the valley of the winds trilogy as big as lord of the rings

WHAT
BASED ON THE ORIGINAL FUCKED-UP MANGA?

yes

it looks like they heavily borrowed scenes from the show and movie. the show and movies were good for the most part so i'm optimistic for once.
in any case my friend and I have advanced screening tickets so i'm gunna find out before any of you fags

If the fan theories are true, it could be great. But the theories always turn out better than the actual product. It's like professional writers have no imagination.

It would be as good as "dragon ball evolution" (the English dub of the show had a shitty dub and translation though)

Too bad they didnt go for dark grainy colors.
These neon bright nucolors look nothing like Gits.

man, I hope this and Mortal Engines don't get fucked up

BBBRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
*squeak*
*therp*

to be fair, the manga sux. The only works of substance to come out of Ghost in the Shell are the movies and a handful of SAC episodes

youtube.com/watch?v=dost604rDXU

I don't know aside from Scarjo's line delivery it looks better every time I see it. Full of stuff from the franchise.

>the manga sux

Oops that's what I meant

We humans like pretty things so why not design robots that resemble pretty people

WHY DO

THE RETARDS

ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FILM

THINK

HER NAME

IS FUCKING MAJOR

IT'S NOT HER NAME

STOP IT

EoT

>I think it’s just too philosophical and too introspective

Which is why this movie is whitewashing, right?

>no robot pussy

I can see why that little kid turned her down

youtube.com/watch?v=h4sl0QrnhUE

I argue Postal did.

I hope it goes tits up so Hollywood stops wanting to remake anime.

you millennials can't just sit back and enjoy a movie can you?

Does it have a rating yet?

>White fat piggu portraying an iconic anime character
fucking gaijin.

Is there any trailer where takeshi kitano (old dude in this) talks?
I have never heard him speak english past really bad attempts in his movie brother and I can't find any trailer where he does, and in interviews they are always Japanese
The times I've seen him try he is def not Hollywood movie ready
If you guys haven't seen his movies I would highly highly recommend them and he is the only reason i'm seeing this
youtube.com/watch?v=hFQTU8CFkm4
trailer for a good but popular movie of his

Why the fuck do we need a new Ghost In The Shell movie? Worse that it is from Hollywood who have watered it down to garbage.

The Oshii films and tv show and original manga are fine as they are.

Why the fuck does this need to be live action? It looks like fucking garbage. There is never a need for a live action version.

If you say you're an anime fan and think you need a live action film, then you are a shitty fan that doesn't get what makes what you like so good.

u mad weebshit?

You are not being fair there is plenty of good anime adaptions.

Like...

And...

You bet I am.

Because it's a product and market research shows people want it you cunt

You don't "need" any media it's a entertaining cartoon, if you say your an anime fan you need to get a more substantial hobby then obsessing over cartoons.

>just too philosophical and too introspective
Yes. Because film is supposed to be about gunfights and explosions, not introspection of the human condition.

That contradicts the very thing he says next, complaining about how hollow and meaningless so many films are.

Guess what? You just made another piece of shit film taking people's money while battering them over the head with garbage leaving popcorn on their pants as their only takeaway.

What a fucking idiot.

cgi:the mobie #9001

ya cant wait
im sure this wasnt bait movie for quick cash i can see it from the quality of this picture

You bet your ass I am. I can't stand ScarJo, fat piece of shit with a voice of a 40 year old smoker.

Bullshit, really?

Can't find imdb for that movie, got a link or something?

I think it's just a popular fan theory. The Major's original gender is never explicitly confirmed, and Batou's suggestions that she switch to a male one are phrased in a way that could be read as him knowing she was originally male, or something.

Sure some of those cartoons are just as much meaningless shit like Hollywood films. Hell, most of them are. Yet some of them are far beyond what most live action has to offer.

Imagine if they took a good live action film you liked and turned it into a shitty shonen anime like Naruto?

It's going to be fucking shit user

>maybe next time you can make me better
What did she mean by this?

Kudos to the kid
Wizard life best life

No, he was stating it to say she could pose a more commanding figure and also be stronger as male.

To which she replied by challenging him to spar, made seductive glances at him and used feminine charm as distraction , then took him by surprise and won their spar.

Quite funny actually.

...because that IS her name.
Now.
They re-branded the character.
It's what Hollywood does. They take the source material, rape it six ways to Sunday, and put it fully under their control. It may not be recognizable, but they slap the brand name on it and it is now the version they are selling to the world.

They don't give a shit if they changed names, characterizations, plot, and concepts from the source material.

They've injected whatever their marketing department and its demographics think will sell.

They've completely destroyed whatever spirit was in the original and left a hollow shell with a name slapped on it.

SAC had many moments that were sexual. There's also that slight sexual tension always present between her and Batou too

So don't watch hollywood films? I'm only here for takeshi kitano so I'm obligated to watch it.
youtube.com/watch?v=d-z_qV7CrVo

Still just media and media isn't a real hobby though

>it's just too philosophical and too introspective

Also if they turned a kitano movie into a shitty shounen anime I'd think that was pretty cool and I'd love to see what they did with it, if it isn't good I just wouldn't watch it it doesn't really harm me and might lead Kitano to have a higher budget for whatever he does next.

How does media you not like existing harm you in any way?

IT's gonna suffer that pg-13 syndrome like total recall and robocop.

she's got a very big head. and it looks even bigger with that haircut.

Fuck. Even most of the ones in Japan are shitty.

Part of that is that so many live action Japanese directors are tv soap opera tier and the major studios over there are just as superficial as Hollywood ones.

The better Japanese directors are into smaller films or animation. And even in animation there are plenty of mediocre ones dumping out generic tripe.

Please. It pains me to see him wasted in this shitty role.

Have you not seen his own movies? Getting any and all the other comedy stuff he does? He is far from pretentious/pompus/prideful and has no problem trying other stuff out.
youtube.com/watch?v=FDeZT_2XoRQ
He isn't a stuckup person and has done movies he openly says are literally just for hte money before, but he is good at them so their still enjoyable (the outrage movies, blind swordsman) this lets him make the stuff he really wants too. If he gets more well known in the west it might mean I actually get to see one of his movies in the movie theaters near me which would be really really nice.

He was also in johnny pneuomonic so compared to that ghost in the shell will atleast look nice

The problem with adapting animation to live action is typically the fact that live action is largely limited to things that can actually happen in real. Whereas the entire allure of animation is that ANYTHING can happen, you just have to be able to draw it. Scarlett Johansson isn't going to be able to rip her arms off trying to pry open a tank hatch the way the original Major does in the original iconic scene. She's not going to be able to perform crazy toribash-style ball joint doll martial arts moves because she doesn't have a fucking cybernetic prosthetic body. She's going to do the same shitty tae bo jump cut kick boxing she does in every movie. She's going to do the exact same kind of badly choreographed shit she did as black widow.

That's just the action. The action is going to be shit compared to the original, but GitS was never about action, the action was just to draw you in and add some excitement. It's always been about droning, long-winded philosophical exposition. The nature of identity, the nature of humanity, the nature of AI, the self vs the other, etc etc. Of course that's all going to be gutted too. This live action adaptation will be written and marketed as an action movie and any resemblance to the source will be minor. Basically, the substance of the original will be gone, and most of the flash will be gone too. No plot, shit action, all-around an inferior copy.

Yep, basically an empty shell without an ghost, a victim of a crude ghost dubbing.

without a doubt this will be utter tripe garbage. I hope it underperforms just so it can be forgotten like Johnny mnemonic.

nigger what

NSFW expectations

it's not a real film, you fool

Edge of Tomorrow? That's actually a novel first.

Did you know that Scarlett Johansson is a jew?

I think the final test for anime-to-movie adaptations will be Death Note. If they can't make a decent movie out of that concept then the medium transfer just isn't possible.

I thought the jap live action death note movies were supposed to be pretty good.

If you can consider a jap movie good. For some reason their production quality sucks when compared to, say, South Korea.