Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig to host Great British Bake Off

Holy shit this is gonna be good

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39296513
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/he-great-british-bake-off-presenters-channel-4-richard-ayoade-rumours-a7365571.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4yaoiL5srGQ?t=4m20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not sure I could come up with a worse host combination.

Maybe Noel Fielding and Sarah Millican

that has potential for a pretty entertaining trainwreck.

yeah whatever, I think Noel is great and he's going to be good in a subtle role like this.

>hating on based noel and the only naturally funny female comedian there is

back to r/standup with you friend

The role is what you bring to it. It'll be anything but subtle.

I like Toksvig but you're deluding yourself if you think there'll be anything approaching 'chemistry'. Mel & Sue have been friends for decades which is why they worked so well. You can't drag two random panel show guests out and expect them to 'click'. Exact same thing happened replacing Clarkson, Hammond & May.

What? Richard Ayoade is doing the Great British Bake Off with Toksvig. Don't say he pulled out?

no he isn't. Richard is terrible btw

bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39296513

Noel is great, but I can't help but associate him with this emo kid I went to high school with, this guy who's now 31 but never dropped the emo act.

Not only the age thing, but who the fuck is still an emo these days? Didn't that shit die out 10 years ago?

I was thinking of this.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/he-great-british-bake-off-presenters-channel-4-richard-ayoade-rumours-a7365571.html

>more forced diversity shoved down our throat's

I'm so sick of seeing that Muslim women fucking everywhere

Can we bully some old people now?

Sandi is pretty cool, and fills the Sue role of making lewd or sarcastic comments well, so it might just work.

Noel is 44.

>the same handful of BBC luvvies cycling endlessly around the same shitty show formats

how are you Britcucks not suicidal yet

Seriously. My Big Fat Fabulous Life UK when?

big fat quiz of the year 2006 & 2007 is literally kino

>Sandi Toksvig
SHE'S TAKING OVER EVERYTHING, OH NO.

I think she's a pretty good replacement on QI but I dunno about Bake Off, famalam. I know Paul's sticking with it, is Mary Berry gone or is she rolling with it too?

Also on a slightly related note god bless 8 Out of 10 Cats both vanilla and Countdown. Been pirating those since I'm American and they're pretty enjoyable bullshitting.

Without Mary Berry British Bake off is dead.
You know it, we all know it.

>But user Sandi Toksvig is Danish
>I know that's what I said

WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA!

Noel and Richard should host everything

BBC was outbid by channel 4 for the rights to bake off.
Mary Berry decided not to go to the channel 4 production out of loyalty to the BBC.

Watch as this show dies quicker than the new Top Gear has.

why do third wolrders think anyone gives a fuck about their meme television?

Mary's bailed, she's told them to fuck themselves.

I've found 8/10 vanilla isn't as good with the new team captains.

>I think Noel is great
He's never recovered from Amstell BTFO of his entire routine on Buzzcocks

Well shit. I'll probably still give it a whirl, but Bake Off with Paul and no one else is kind of a sack of crap.

No idea about new team captains for Cats either, been watching it in backwards order and haven't gotten through the latest season since I finished watching every Countdown. It's definitely not as much fun as Countdown but still pretty enjoyable.
Also Aisling Bea stirs my loins. Kinda sad to hear that I won't be able to leer at her every episode.

>Without Mary Berry British Bake off is dead
She's a walking corpse that let's be honest, barely added anything to each episode

>we want the teenage girl audience
On second thought to teens these days even know who he is?

>being loyal to the BBC

They must have something on her, no one should be loyal to that nest of pedos and faggots.

Lotta loyalty for a hired granny.

Dunno man. I thought his "motorbike made out of jealousy" was a top drawer comedy response. Nobody would even think of that! HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY. LOL >XD

>Noel Fielding is considered funny to Yuroshits

Can't stand either of the cunts.

I think I hate him more than I hate her.

What does Noel know about baking?

He once rapped about croutons.

Don't eat all your hash brownies at once, or the devil will rip your heart out through your kneecaps.

And pancakes

Simon Amstell utterly destroyed him on Buzzcocks.

He can make jam, jam hot.

>(((Channel 4)))

You've lost a point for every time you said jam hot.

Toksvig is insufferable. People say she's funny for a woman, which I kinda get because rarely does she pull those stereotypical 'woman jokes' but she's such a cunt.

does Noel do anything anymore aside from panel shows and similar stuff?

how many British celebs exist in this capacity?

I saw him when he did a tour in the US last year, it was a wonderful show with skits, songs, stories, audience interaction. It was wonderful.

I don't really watch many panel shows but I didn't think he was even on them all that much anymore. Thought he dropped off the face of the earth desu.

I think there was some talk of him working with Julian again.

>how many British celebs exist in this capacity?
too many

>Noel Fielding
I'd rather put my head in an oven.

I actually like Noel and some of these British shows, I just find people like him interesting as an American cuz I can't think of too many analogues we have here

OOOOH MY GAWWWD DAH DAILY MAYUUUULL

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I see people saying she's great. I just don't get it.

what happened?

Watching mary eat was the most entertaining part of the show. She eats like a fucking camel.

Steve Coogan was the best of you... & he was Irish.

I love Fielding, that humour style was refreshing (mostly with respect to the boosh), but it got old

at this point his routine is well known and expected of him
"what are you wearing today Noel?" get that laugh track ready
he didn't even put more effort in to the abstract jokes, he just kept the exact same unexpected-nonsensical-goofy joke
examples
>Noel: Don't make me cut the stuffing out of your pillow!
>Simon: With a pair of scissors made of glitter?
>Noel: (matter-of-factly) No, with a motorbike made of jealousy!
good jokes, they're relevant to what he's trying to say while still funny in an abstract way
>Aston: No, well here's the thing right, you gotta think there's me and Marvin, and...
>Dermot: And lots and lots of girls...
>Noel: And a panda. (audience laughter) I saw you getting driven home by a panda.
completely irrelevant and only good in that abstract shock way
I really want him to actually put some more work in to his comedy style

his comedy style can't be the biggest part of the show
Mighty Boosh was structured enough, I feel like Howard spurred it on a bit
like "ok the episode is me pining after a girl and then she likes you better, as long as we get that across you can do whatever weird shit you want around that"
similiarly, him and Russel brand on big fat quiz (the first time) was good, they took over the show a bit and they were annoying, but they were also funny, they played off eachother well
but they only really worked within the structure of the show, quiz contestants, answering questions, making jokes
when they stopped answering questions and just "made jokes" they dropped all structure, were funny for about 5 minutes and then it was like just shut up, go away, I want to hear Jonothan Ross

I doubt Tosvig will handle Noel the way he needs to be handled, she seems like she'd sooner leave a situation than participate, or else just chuckle along with Noel and try to continue the joke terribly
I hope Noel gets his shit together

Whatever happened to his brother anyway? Does he even have a career outside of Noel giving him roles in his shows?

also Amstell Fielding BTFO at 4:20
youtube.com/watch?v=4yaoiL5srGQ?t=4m20s