Please for the love of god don't listen to reviewers...

Please for the love of god don't listen to reviewers. 80% of the reason they are bashing the show is because the lead is white. look at every review and you will notice how they complain about his ethnicity. Basically their point is that they are tired of the white savior stereotype and they want an Asian actor to play the role.

Because as we all know ONLY people from Asia are allowed to know martial arts(not racist at all) and save the world with it. Oh and because there was actually a serious journalist who works for the NYT who wrote that it pisses him off as an Asian American that a white man has asian mystic powers. no , he does not. this is how ignorant these people are.they have no idea who the character is , no idea what the story is and how he got his powers from a DRAGON. not an asian dragon. not a tibetan dragon. no no no. A DRAGON. and from what i know dragons are not issued passports or considered to belong to a single country.

>a fucking white male

I'll give it a go.
One hour isn't that much to waste if it's bad

People aren't complaining about whitewashing (yes, iron fist was originally white in the comics). They're complaining about marvel making another show with a white lead when they had a plethora of other super heroes of non-white backgrounds.

Oh, so you finally decided to make a movie about a super hero who uses Asian kung fu to defeat baddies? And out of all the super heroes you got, you chose the one who's white?

Yeah, the shit reviews aren't because of the terrible pacing where all we get for half a season is a bland Batman Begins knockoff and once the action finally kicks in its all terrible and unengaging because no one involved in this knows how to film a fight scene.

Why would they complain that he's not asian? The character was never asian. His name is Danny Rand for fuck's sake.

He doesn't even learn martial arts in asia. He learns it in some weird magical city that lives in a pocket dimension that periodically intersects with the earthly plane.

It's not like they made Iron Fist because they wanted another white guy. Iron Fist has close connections to Luke Cage and Daredevil in the comics. Two of their other netflix marvel shows.

He teams up with Luke Cage and at one point impersonates Daredevil to take suspicion off Matt Murdock.

No one's actually offended. They're just writing their little online articles because they need something to leech onto and bitch about for clicks. Shit, we could probably put out some new ones about liberal favorites if we overthought shit.
>10 reasons why Harry Potter is xenophobic
>Yes, Dr. Who is a racist pig
>Why Rick from Rick and Morty needs to stop mansplaining

Only idiots listen to Rotten Tomatoes.

I'm not gonna watch it because the lead actor looks like a weak faggot. Also netflix marvel has been really disappointing in general. DD is watchable but barely. Luke Cage was absolute trash. Makes me worried about Punisher.

>DD is watchable but barely
You're outing yourself a dipshit with no real opinions.

No it's a real opinion. DD is overrated as fuck, the writing is horrible and the stunt choreography is pretentious and bad.

> migrate to country A
> "why are there so many A people! Please stop casting A people!"

Give him a break he's blind

This show looks like fucking shit OP, I can't give 2 fucks if the lead was a nazi skinhead with a swastika on his forehead you cunt. Eat shit.

I'm listening to the showrunner and star acting like faggots trying to defend this PoS

>the writing is horrible and the stunt choreography is pretentious and bad.
Oh ok break each of these down for us.

Nah.

>show based on a white character being played by a white actor
>critics piss and moan about how they're not being pandered to

DD's first season was pretty good. 2nd season was shit, Kingpin coming around near the end made it pick up a bit. Punisher was a letdown but still had good moments.

All the ninja stuff and DD's ex gf were pure shit and made s2 shit.

You're a poser.

Racial appropriation they call it.
Mind you if it were an kung fu show with an asian lead the same people will blast it for racial stereotyping.
The game is rigged.

I find it odd because the character at his outset was a critique on rich white people. Danny was raised as an ascetic and had to contend with being an outsider in a primarily asian society. He gets back to New York finally and has to contend with suddenly being among the city's richest people. His entire character is him recoiling against those people, and choosing to help improve the lives of those around him instead of exploiting them like other rich white people like him have done.

Apparently though, the show barely gives a shit about that angle of the character and is instead some high-powered office drama 80% of the time, which is retarded.

Shouldn't you pretentious twats who like dogshit office dramas be pumped for Iron Fist? There's finally a capeshit for you.

>google Iron Fist
>usatoday.com
>"Review: 'Iron Fist' is Netflix's first Marvel super-fail"
alright let's see what they're complaining about

>“white savior” narrative
>cultural appropriation
>mansplains kung fu to sword-wielding sensei Colleen Wing
>Is it too late to make the asian girl Iron Fist
Review disregarded.

And I'm laughing at the phrases "kung fu", "Colleen Wing", and "sensei" appearing in the same sentence. Sensei is japanese. Kung fu is chinese. Can I count this as racism?

why are there so many white people in white western countries and in their media!REEEEEEEE

What about my post implies I'd like that kind of show? What even about it is fucking pretentious? I'm talking about what the original direction of the character was and how the show apparently failed to actually adapt correctly. If I'm wrong then I'll be happy to fucking watch it. But we'll just have to wait until the show comes out.

These are neo-shill tactics. Fuck you.

Isn't this horribly racist? "Fucking hate whites in my series. BAD SHOW."

Why would I watch this shit when I know that all MCU netflix shows have been absolute shit including Daredevil?

SAY

I think the Netflix Marvel shows suck dick (and most non-Snyder capeshit), aside from the final few episodes of Daredevil Season 1.

However, I'm gonna binge the first half of this tomorrow, doing my part for the white race. I've had enough of SJW bullshit infecting entertainment criticism.

HE LOOKS

GOOD IN THE ROLE OF A LONG TIME MARTIAL ARTIST, A NIMBLE COUNTERPART TO THE STOUT DAREDEVIL

But you can't be racist against white people because racism is power + privilege. Therefore it's perfectly acceptable to shit talk an entire people because you don't like their skin color.

nah you can't be racist towards white people

move into the country and start contributing to the anti -'whites in movies/tv' movement ASAP!

>hardly any of the professional reviews mention the protag's race
>THIS IS AN ANTI-WHITE JEW CONSPIRACY!
The show is just shitty.

Sifu would be more appropriate, but they don't even realize it.

She also fights using a katana, which is also Japanese. She should use a dao or jian if they wanted to keep her Chinese, but instead they focus on the one thing that is accurate: a white male.

That post is way too long to read, user, but I probably agree with what you're saying.

Back in my day, film and tv reviewers were people who loved, cared about, and studied film and tv. Now they're just a bunch of english major faggots who overdosed on intersectionality and can't stop viewing everything in relation to power struggles, minority representation, and politics.

You can't please SJW's. So why even try? They should make shit for people than can find joy in things and quit pandering to these people

>marvel shills trying to hijack white nationalism

Yeah nice try Disney.

You're still not getting that Oscar.

way to be racist, the color of the actor doesn't matter there is zero difference between races. race is a social construct and your bigoted ways only add to perceived differences.

>Everyone saying mostly it's boring
>have only watched the first half of it

I get that the other shows had a better first half but I'm hopeful for the later half
Who knows, maybe we'll see the Steel Serpent, Orson Randall, a few of the older Iron Fists, or any other magic stuff

Cast pic related gorba new marvel show.