‘Suspiria’ Remake WILL NOT Be Colorful Like Argento’s Original

>It’s a film about guilt and motherhood. It has no primary colors in its color palette, unlike the original. It will be cold, evil and really dark.

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3428407/suspiria-remake-will-not-colorful-like-argentos-original-coming-year/

wtf

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCKING RETARD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is the only way i can express how i feel

>making some generic dark horror remake of an extremely well known classic that is known for its color

jesus christ, is cinema as an art form really this dead? just put a bullet in its head already

Reminds me of Robert Englund's pages-long interpretation of Freddy Krueger including his characters motivations, aspirations and dreams.

Then there's Jackie Earle Haley, who portrayed Freddy in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake a few years ago. His analysis was. 'He' evil.'

Hollywood sucks.

ya fuck this garbage

>taking away the one of two things that made the film remotely enjoyable

kys hollywood

I know right. If they remove the kitschy color scheme, all you're left with is a boring snore-inducing film with an ill-fit soundtrack.

>Muh cinematography

I have faith in Guadanino, he'll make it work somehow.

so it's a generic horror film now?
thanks holliwood

>if you take the visual aspect of a visual medium and throw it in the garbage it sucks!

true true, lets remake the Sistine Chapel but in black and white pencil drawing this time haha

What do you think this movies Cuck Quotient will be?

>ill-fit soundtrack
>kitschy color scheme

i hope you get run over by a 16 wheeler

Besides the cinematography and soundtrack who cares about Suspira?

The plot is fairly basic (girl goes to a school...turns out to be creepy) and the characters aren't all that interesting

Take away Technicolor and Goblin...what's left?

I bet if the film makers of this were in charge they'd just do an abstract series of black and white cubes.

>Take away Technicolor and Goblin...what's left?

A pretty cool modern take on witches?

Also who cares if its mostly remembered for its cinematography and score? Those two elements are fantastic and what helps to distinguish it as one of the best horror films ever made.

the generally creepy mood rather than the jump scares + the scene with the blind guy and the dogs

That's kind of my opinion on it as well (especially considering it seems like an inferior Italian take on Rosemary's Baby in terms of some similar narrative elements).

It was visually eye-catching, had a general creepy atmosphere as well as an awesome score and sound design, but the actual horror and long term impact for me was lacking. It's decent don't get me wrong, but it's not one of the best horror films ever made. And I say that as someone who prefers atmospheric horror rather than just blatant horror.

They were going to remake it and it didn't happen, Antje Traue was going to be in it according to her IMDB.

So it's happening again.

It's not like Rosemary's baby invented those narrative elements. They're pretty common black magic elements that used to be quite popular but kind of went out of vogue going into the 60's and 70's.

Of course that's true as well. I merely draw comparisons to that seeing how close the two films were released together and how I feel Rosemary's Baby handled those elements better than Suspiria.

Honestly taking away the visuals of Suspiria as we know it for a remake takes away the biggest part people remember it for.

Wait never mind on the release date, that's my mistake.

zzzzzzzzz

the grimdark remake noone asked for

ill torrent it, watch it once, and delete it

I have faith in the director.

If he gets this right he'll will be forgiven for Melissa P.

People also remember it for the gore.

There's already a Suspiria remake. It's called Neon Demon

this pretty much

>hey guys, let's take the best thing from Suspiria and get rid of it
I bet the music will suck too.

They couldn't write a shittier script if they tried, though. Suspiria has the laziest dialogue/exposition imaginable

You're right desu.

How can you get the aesthetic of a film so wrong? Hopefully the script will make up for what it lacks visually.

thats just wrong