Fatal Farm interview

So the guys behind Lasagnacat recently did an interview:

nerdyshow.com/2017/03/nerdy-show-interview-fatal-farm-returns-to-lasagna-cat/
So they really went in depth to answer a lot of questions we've had, like if they'd been working on Lasagnacat all this time (they had), their work process and motivation with the project, whether John Barrymore did all that Pipe Strip monologue in one take, etc. etc....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g2nmgcVbfKE
youtube.com/watch?v=hXd6u9o6dYY
youtube.com/watch?v=3v05PWyIaZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Neat

>POOK!

Thanks for sharing, I've been curious about the people who made those vids as I've enjoyed them quite a bit. I wonder what Jim Davis thinks of them.

>They actually made two fake accounts for the teenage Garfield vs Odie fight and filled them with tons of videos in preparation five years before the new videos.

>not directly linking to the soundcloud
Nice advertising thread faggot

Sure, I'm sure you guys will like it.

It's apparently the ONLY interview they've done so far.

But you can really see from these interviews why their work is so amazing. They think like artists. Really think very seriously about their projects, trying to be true to the medium, really push the style and the innovation, and they will spend years on something to get it right.

Also, I'd already made connections between their stuff and stuff like Tim & Eric, and sure enough they say that Tim & Eric had contacted them back in the day to express appreciation for the old videos, and that they've since worked with Eric Wareheim. Completely makes sense.

Dude, I didn't even think of doing that. I just wanted to share this because it's fucking interesting to me and I know other people like them too. Not everything is a fucking shill, you paranoiac.

Like they did these music videos with Eric Wareheim of Tim & Eric:

youtube.com/watch?v=g2nmgcVbfKE
youtube.com/watch?v=hXd6u9o6dYY

what's the appeal?

I dunno man. Watch the videos. It's either the type of thing you find funny or it isn't.

I think it's genius and hilarious but totally understand how it would seem completely pointless and unfunny to a lot of people.

It's crazy that these guys worked on Infinite Solutions. I loved those vids back in the day

It's just one of those things women will never understand.

>eceleb shit

>it's not Television & Film if it's uploaded on the internet
I guess Netflix series aren't allowed on Sup Forums then.

>irrelevant buzzwords that don't apply to this

*tips fedora*

You need to go back.

Pick one and stay there before I get mad.

Is this guy serious?

Apparently they're working on a western that is supposed to be something like 'The Thing meets the Old West'

Listening to them they seem to have really good taste and influences; it'll probably be good. Think of the end part of the Sex Survey vid with the weird hallucinatory shaman in the desert horror scene. I'm thinking we might get some kind of Acid Western meets Elder Gods type thing.

inb4 that mentally ill guy posts his video

Thanks for posting OP, I've never delved deeper into Lasagnacat than their Youtube channel, learning what the hell is going on sounds interesting.
Ignore that one guy here being a fag.

I keep forgetting about this Kenny G one:

youtube.com/watch?v=3v05PWyIaZ0

The aesthetic is done so perfectly. That soft focus 90s romance / softcore aesthetic.

I don't think he is.

This is ten times more interesting and creative than anything happening in television and film, and it's moving image. There's no reason we shouldn't discuss new forms of youtube etc content / videos here.

Def give it a listen. They go really really deep into the production and thought that went into it all.

Odie as Kenny G is even wearing period-specific 90s jeans.

build bridges not walls user

I'd like to see more come out from these guys more often, but it sounds like they just put a lot of love and time into it. At least they're very devoted and ultimately deliver.

Do they say anything about a second return?

It's interesting to hear them express sympathy for Jim Davis. They understand that what they do could potentially just be kind of pointlessly malicious and actually tried to avoid that.

Is this mankind's greatest achievement?

I can't remember. They talk about Lasagnacat like it's their most central and devoted project, something that they actually put most of their earnings back into making (and they know this is ridiculous but sound like they can't help it). So it seems like something they will be returning to, it just takes a long time because they're perfectionists and always want to step up their game.

But there's also several other things in the works, like this Weird Fiction / Old West hybrid thing they've been making, which sounds like is closer to coming out next. So we'll probably see that first.

I think it's one of the best things made in a medium specifically for reception on the internet. Possibly the best, if you consider the Pipe Strip and Sex Survey.

I actually think that when there's a Hall of Fame of internet content eventually, the Pipe Strip video will definitely be in it.

Given that trippy, nightmarish sequence at the end of the Sex Survey, I'd LOVE to see them go into making original Art Horror type stuff. Maybe do a series.