Why are Europeans against self-defense?

Why are you okay with your government disarming you and dictating what you can defend yourself and your families with?

What prevents your government from just saying "fuck you" and passing ridiculous laws or committing tyranny against yourself and your counrymen/countrywomen?

Do any of you Europeans wish you had easy access to guns?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/01/06/national/media-national/even-gangsters-live-in-fear-of-japans-gun-laws/#.Wd_rtskaVPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Look, they don't have any threat perception anymore. France isn't gonna invade Spain or vice versa. The UK doesn't really have to deal with a full-blown German invasion.

They'll wake up once commies are on the Rhein.

>Be Merican
>Get shot

Why do americans never open the door when somebody knocks or rings if they hadn't scheduled a visit beforehand? Why do they teach americans how to properly open a door gun-first so that you can threaten people coming by?

because they are not free men

they simply have wholesale rejected the idea that a free man ought to have the arms to keep his sovereignty. they might think themselves free, but they are simply not.

forgot pic

Not sure what you're talking about.

you misunderstand the meme, in the South at least you will be invited inside and offered tea, eve if you're just checking the phone lines or something

it's easy to get a gun in europe, all you need is a hunting license and you can buy a rifle.

True, but why is self-defense not a strong enough argument? Why do Europeans constantly try to reason that guns are only for hunting and competition shooting?

what sort of rifle?
Kalashnikovs and Armalites, or some bolt gun only?

Later in life my dad developed a pretty bad coke habit and when I went to see him, he would open the door like this....

>self-defense
against who?

>Later in life my dad developed a pretty bad coke habit
fucking why
are your parents niggers or something?

Criminals, home invaders, people who want to harm you and your family or your property, and the government. The government most likely won't do anything to you, but there's always a possibility.

bolt action or 2-chamber shotgun.
semi-auto rifles are illegal at least in my country, unless they're for hunting in a country where it's legal, but even then they're hard to get.

also, you need to renew your license every year or you're forced to give up your weapons.

I'm so sorry.

my country is safe enough so i don't need guns
nor do i want them

>euroarmaments

>Criminals, home invaders, people who want to harm you and your family or your property,
Like, who's going to do that in Europe? Have you seen their homicide rates? If you say refugees I'll stop replying right now

> government
keke.

No my mom was great... very devoted. Dad was barely around and a mess but fun.

>semi-auto rifles are illegal at least in my country
Hunting rifles, sports guns, handguns, etc. are all semi-auto. Automatics are military tier guns.

That's fine. Self-defense is a choice, but other people might not feel the same as you.

>Like, who's going to do that in Europe? Have you seen their homicide rates? If you say refugees I'll stop replying right now
I'm not just talking about "refugees" or immigrants. I'm talking about anyone. Don't you like the feeling of security and being prepared?

hunting rifles are typically bolt action. semi-auto rifles are used as well but they're illegal to use for hunting in my country.
hand guns are illegal to own too, but you can shoot them if you're part of a shooting club.

There's no need for that in Europe ( I'm assuming you mean western Europe), as they have overall low crime rates. Hell, same could be said of japan, and they are one of the safest countries in the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure if that shit would work here and I actually would like to own a gun, but their system seems to work fairly well for them.

European countries are more homogeneous so they have a greater sense of social cohesion and trust. This is also why they can have better welfare systems in place.

In the USA there is no real homogeneity besides abstract ideas from the Enlightenment era. The USA is the most abstract country on the planet. It was literally dreamed up by guys in wigs playing God. Nothing about it is established by genuine tradition or evolution.

In Europe you can be pretty sure that you share a lot of cultural and social history with your neighbor and that the two of you probably think and feel pretty similarly. In USA your neighbor could be anyone.

I can legally carry a handgun in my pocket with absolutely no papers. My state is a meme state, though.

>There's no need for that in Europe
Agreed. But it's not just about needs. I don't need a sports car. I don't need the Internet, computers, ice cream, expensive shoes, or a 4K TV. People want things.

Self-defense should be up to the individual.

this country was torn with war not even that long ago
no one sees guns as something "good" ,
and i wouldnt want them to be carried around here freely
i live in a mostly safe country, im saying that cos bad stuff doesnt really happen that much here often
never had a situation where i taught "wish i had a gun" and prolly will never

as for self defense , im totally for teaching your children a martial art
thats about it

only got threatened with a gun once, in bosnia, in a nightclub, the dude never pulled the gun, and was drunk af, and was asking for a beating which he got lastly

>was asking for a beating which he got lastly
Was he literally asking for a beating?

>this country was torn with war not even that long ago
That's definitely unfortunate and not something any American can relate to.

>no one sees guns as something "good" ,
I don't view guns as good. I view them as a modern tool of self-defense.

>and i wouldnt want them to be carried around here freely
I don't want them to be carried freely either. It's mostly socially unacceptable to open carry guns. Repeat felons and mentally unstable people shouldn't have access to guns.

>i live in a mostly safe country, im saying that cos bad stuff doesnt really happen that much here often
I can respect that.

>never had a situation where i taught "wish i had a gun" and prolly will never
Again, I can respect that.

not really, Public safety should be one of the main concerns of any government, otherwise why have one?

Typically, gun owners aren't enthusiastic supporters of a large government.

Yes. Public safety is one of the responsibilities of government. But the police can take a long time to respond to calls. A home invader can kill or injure you or steal your property before the police arrive.

Also, it's the people's responsibility to take charge of the government if things turn bad and drastic reforms are required. I'm not saying it will happen, but that responsibility should be inherited by the people.

not literally but you get what i meant, dude was drunk, pushing people making excuses to start a fight, pushed me a few times, told me he will kill me, with his gun, etc ... tried to stay cool and ignore him, friends didnt notice and i didnt wanted to start a mass brawl, saw the dude half an hour later with a blody nose and blue eye
he got what he was asking for
what worries me reading these kinds of threads is how unsafe america sounds

>what worries me reading these kinds of threads is how unsafe america sounds
It depends on the location. Cities are usually much more dangerous than small towns and suburbs. But I'm not just talking about how things currently are. It's mostly about being prepared.

>Why are you okay with your government disarming you and dictating what you can defend yourself and your families with?

I'm not but most are. Most people here are terrified that their crazy neighborhood guy is going to shoot them the moment he gets a gun.

>What prevents your government from just saying "fuck you" and passing ridiculous laws or committing tyranny against yourself and your countrymen/countrywomen?

Most people have no such fear of the government. It is simply inconceivable. The government dissolves over relatively banal scandals. There is not enough loyalty and union between the various entities that make up the government for such an event to be plausible.

>Do any of you Europeans wish you had easy access to guns?

I wish I had guns. I do not wish everyone had easy access to guns though.

>pushing people making excuses to start a fight, pushed me a few times, told me he will kill me, with his gun, etc ...
I've never experienced that behavior, and I suspect it has something to do with "stand your ground" laws. I'm not saying it would work in Europe, but I like the attitude check it seems to provide in my community.
Ultimately, though, guns are about keeping the government in check. Self defense against other civilians is a nice perk of that right.

>I do not wish everyone had easy access to guns though.
Which kinds of people do you think should not have access to guns?

Europeans are like Dodos

No sense of self preservation

>"Hey, this fanged creature snarling at me seems nice! Let's be friends!"

>Do any of you Europeans wish you had easy access to guns?
When i want to kill myself

While that is true, having really restrictive gun laws means you can imprison criminals even if you didn't catch them on the act if they are simply with a gun
japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/01/06/national/media-national/even-gangsters-live-in-fear-of-japans-gun-laws/#.Wd_rtskaVPY
>One mid-level yakuza boss told me, “Having a gun now is like having a time bomb. Do you think any sane person wants to keep one around the house?”

Must be fucking awful living in the US if you need to have a fucking gun next to you in bed to feel safe.

I have 308. bolt action. 6.5 x55 semi automatic and a side by side shotgun btw

There is a demographic of people that would potentially cause trouble with firepower, who currently are not able to get hold of such firepower.

I'm not talking about criminals per se. Actually criminals are really smart never to use their weapons on anyone else but other criminals so that is mostly a non issue.

I'm talking about people who are mentally ill and low life opportunists.

Hang in there, bro.

>Must be fucking awful living in the US if you need to have a fucking gun next to you in bed to feel safe.
It's not like how you think it is. We just love guns and being prepared. Most of us dread the day we actually have to use them against someone.

>I have 308. bolt action. 6.5 x55 semi automatic and a side by side shotgun btw
Sweet. I'm hoping to get a Swedish Mauser one day.

I agree with you on the mentally ill. I think 99.99999% of Americans would agree with you.

No gun control laws on the planet ever stopped a maniac from getting a weapon if he desires it.

>need to have a fucking gun next to you in bed to feel safe
Nice projection fagatronosaurus. I own guns because I fucking can and they are fun.

So you fully admit guns are a privilege and not a right. Its just a hobby, a toy.

Do Muricans really think you can fight a modern military with handguns. All your doing is putting yourself at more risk.

>Americlaps think owning a barbaric weapon they can't legally use as intended without ending up in prison for life makes them free
The American: mutilated at birth, encouraged to fight and die for corporations upon reaching adulthood, forced into an endless cycle of debt if they manage to live long enough to make it out of the school shooting gallery. The most useful slaves are the ones who boast about their collar and chain.

They think they can do it today because the last time try tried they had the French do it for them.

Their weapons would be entirely useless against their government, if it was really out to get them. I'm not even talking about firepower, but the simple fact is that all it takes is fucking with the media to cause people to start hunting each other down, because people will believe anything they are told as long as they believe it comes from an authoritative source.
People also can't survive very long without food, water, electricity, etc. The government has the capacity to fuck with these and selectively "cut off" areas if they want to and don't care about the human life cost. They could also shut down mobile services and Internet services.

Americans who seriously think modern war is about bangsticks and not the flow of information are seriously fucking stupid.

>Americans

Americans have guns only to help with school shootings and shit. If you really wanted to be able to take down the gubbment, you avoid having legal guns because the gubbment goes for the legal guns first. Here the idiot mudslimes are very open about how they have guns stashed for war. I helped their cops get a hold of them, when ummet news was still up, pro isis news website for bosnians. You should have seen the idiots in the comment section, real names, all diaspora and some kids from here. Sent cops to7 of them when they revealed to me, a provoker that they are ready.
Little do they know what my people have stashed. Not just ak's, but heavy equipment too. Now ask yourself if we have school shootings and nigger gangs and stereotypes about guns. Americans are irresponsible with guns, and the real time to use them for what the right to have them dictated is 60 years too late. You are too pacified and fat to do anything. Worthless

But they've watched all the rambo movies so they're basically experts.

We had Bata Zivoinovic in countless partisan movies. Rambo is a crooked faced faggot and no inspiration at all. Bata is a hero and a role model for billions of people. Chinks love him too, one of rare movies comunists allowed back in the day

Are you really a bosnian?

>b-but i dont need a gun in yurope le low crimerate
*imports millions of muzzies*

L O L
O
L

this is a really long and politically correct way of saying "there's no niggers"

You are mad.

>handguns
Are you retarded? There's AR-15s and AKs everywhere. Also, look at Afghanistan. We're still fighting there. If a bunch of goat fuckers can outlast American military occupation, the American populace can too.

Or you know...they're both extremely important? Manpower, technology, communications, and command are all equally important and have a major impact.