>2093

The fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SaEHuDsSVog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What was the problem with this again? Is it the shape of the axe or the fact that they brought one aboard?

They needed a space axe on the space ship just in case they had to clear out a space forest to make a space wheat field

>only internet autists bitched about this movie
Really makes you think

It's a pretty shitty design for an axe.

I'm pretty sure only internet autists cared about aliens enough to watch it.

>one of the most iconic movie monsters in history to the point children's shows parodied it
Are you retarded?

>you space trees better watch out!!

Are _you_?

That's only 76 years in the future. 76 Years ago was 1941. We have a lot of technology from 1941 still being used today that's been changed slightly. It's not crazy that axes are still used in the future. dumbass

I'm pretty sure we've perfected Axe design at this point though.

To all the anons who has never used an axe. That design isn't bad for low ceiling swings. In fact the head would keep it's arc better, without having the used stoop down.

*User

Why does her head look so big?

>we will suddenly stop using reliable designs in 90 years.
I don't understand you? And since when did the Alien franchise have plasma cutters? We see axes and fucking magazines used as weapons in Alien.

Have we?
This whole thing is such an autistic point to make. Are you really defending it?

They are still using axes in Legend of the Galactic Heroes dumbass.

Just because something is old doesn't mean it's useless.

This

I don't see a problem with this axe design. It places the blade of the axe further forward which reduces swing distance to strike for the user. It also offsets the handle enough that a straight strike against a door allows for the user to be more to the side.

I am assuming the axe only exists in case of mechanical failure or fire in order to allow people to help others who are trapped.

Fuck off. All an Axe needs to be is a straight stick with a chunk of steel on top. Anything else and you're ruining the design.

German space axes

WHY IS HER HEAD SO FUCKING BIG

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE AXE, BUT HER HEAD IS TOO BIG FOR HER LITTLE BODY SHE WOULD TIP OVER LIKE A DREIDEL

JUST TELL ME WHY!

Sup Forums want pic related.

uhhh... why?

>Mfw people actually believe we will have the tech to leave our galaxy in 76 years
We will be lucky if we go to mars in that time span.

Yes, that is all an axe needs. But different head and handle designs make an axe more useful for some things.

Pic related is a woodsplitting axe. It wouldn't be that useful for a rescue operation, just like the OP pic would be more useful for rescue and just kind of ok at chopping wood.

bah its not even sharp rip offfff

Its a bad design.

Power is generated in the swing when the right hand slides from near the head, down to meet the left hand at the bottom of the handle.

The right hand also needs to take the lead from the left hand half way through the swing. As long the right remains behind the left, the axe cannot be seung downwards.

This design prevent both from happening.

Not that user but I have one and it just werks
youtube.com/watch?v=SaEHuDsSVog

>People are confused about why an axe was brought aboard a ship that was going to land on an alien planet

What is it was over grown with branches? What if the ruins were old and covered in vines? What if the ship had an emergency landing, and you needed to smash through some debri ?

is that axe bent or is she uri gellering it?

That logic works if your cutting wood user. That axe isn't used to chop wood. You're wrong user. Get outta here.

You are still assuming an axe for chopping wood. A rescue axe from right now looks very similar to this. Prying and the ability to keep grip on the handle are more important than swinging force. I really think the offset is important in the handle for potential spring.

>ywn be raped and impregnated by a giant space octopus

It reminds me of Lamar's spear. I mean javelin

Hi there! I'm a real life ergonomist, and I have to say that it is actually a technically sound and impressive design, that speaks volumes about the amount of thought that must have gone into the movie.

I found it strange that hand to hand combat was a big thing but all they used were crossbows and axes. I get that the armour makes lasers and conventional projectiles unreliable but that pretty much sends them to pre-black powder warfare. Before we had guns there were plenty of other options besides axes and crossbows. Wouldn't shield-based tactics be really good in the kinds of enclosed locations they fought in?

>axes exist since long before recorded history
>probably used by other primates before humans for close to a million years
>OP thinks they will be obsolete in less than a century

>Mfw people believe we will have the tech to reach the moon in 60 years
We will be lucky if we go to space in that time span.

REKT LIKE THE BITCH HE IS

Dumb, the leap from earth to mars is technologically much bigger than earth to near space or earth to moon.
Literally the difference between crossing a river and crossing the atlantic.

>literally ignoring the advances in technology since then

>advances in snapchat since then
>humans still haven't "returned" to the moon since the soviets gained the capability to precision track deep space objects
hmmmmm

how do i have sex with an axe? asking for a friend of a friend

>2017
>Not knowing how future axes work

The lighting and haircut make her head look huge as fuck