So not a single person was like "hey, who's this new guy with fucked up facial scars"?

So not a single person was like "hey, who's this new guy with fucked up facial scars"?

he was a big guy

Probably assumed they were battle wounds from serving or something and didn't want to be rude and ask. Not that unbelievable.

cops are dumb

>This was the last time they talked as friends

How come we never hear about the Jokers's actor being in anything? You'd think after doing such a great job, he would be in high demand.

The Joker was a special forces war veteran and a prisoner of war who suffers from PTSD. He was captured by Al-Qaida while defending a Poppy field in Afghanistan and had his cheeks cut into by terrorists. That's why he knows how to do all that stuff he did into the movies.

oh tumblr

All of the guys next to him were his minions. Also do you ask a stranger, a police officer even, about their facial deformities?

Source - your ass.

I think he was cut for trying to steal a tangerine the size of a tangerine.

muh fanfic

the Joker is really a mutant, a mutant like Domino that somehow controls luck and everything just works out for him

>be police officer
>go to your job
>see another police officer which has scars all over his face
>"gee I better go make him explain who he is and how he got those scars right away"

That’s why you don’t write screenplays.

>non of the police officers looked at the new guy with scars and thought to themselves, hrmm whos that?

>looked at the new guy
>population of gotham: 10 million

Yeah, of course every police officer would be suspicious if didn't recognized the face of a colleague

This is like a special troop, tho right? The guys in the dress unis who give the 21 gun salute? Or are they selected for each occasion, like a special honor or whatever.

kek tumblr goes out of their way to be offended

People question this stuff much less than youd think in real life. "Not my job". No ones expecting a terrorist to do this.

The honor guard? It's not like cops know or pay special attention to those guys. It's just officers that look spiffy and practice marching and rifle twirling

YA THINK YAH HOT SHIT DONTCHA

The GCPD can't even figure out that Bruce Wayne = Batman. They're not exactly the best and brightest. Plus most of them are criminals anyway.

Literally in the Ultimate Edition Blue Ray

yeah the ultimate edition blue ray of your ass lol rekt

tip: they practice for this kind of shit, literally everybody in that formation is going to know the other dudes in the drill. if you randomly see some faggot you have never seen in your life among your coworkers, despite the fact that you were just practicing this shit yesterday and see these dudes every day, you are going to be like "what the fuck, who is that guy with the scars? I'm pretty sure I've never seen him in my life"

it would be like if you showed up at a shitty office job and suddenly the guy in the next cubicle has hairlip. literally hoo?

that said, caring about this in a capeshit movie is autistic, the joker is supposed to be some master manipulator so he figured out a way to wing it. stop trying to apply logic to a literal comic book story and watch kino instead

If some new guy shows up in the cubicle by me I wont care. Maybe a hey whats your name, hows it going but no interrogation like "YOU SHOULDNT BE HERE"

WELL MAYBE IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU GAVE A FUCK THEN COMMISSIONER GORDON WOULD STILL BE ALIVE

99.99% of the time youd just be being an a-hole. Not my job!

yeah but in a hierarchical structure like military/police, every single dude is accounted for. there are headcounts and you always know who the guy standing beside you is, you probably got shitfaced with him at the bar last weekend. the joker would have had to sneak in among guys who are always aware of who is around them, in an organization where your immediate supervisor constantly checks everybody out, despite his appearance, unknown name, the disparity in headcount, and a million other factors

a better analogy would be like if you were on a football team

if you show up to the game and suddenly one guy is on your team and you have literally never seen him, it's going to cause a problem

He clearly stole the uniform.

Hey x couldnt make it Im filling in. There.

But all the people in the Honor Guard or 21 Gun Salute were Joker's crew. Also there were literally thousands of cops in Gotham, and none of the ones guarding the funeral probably thought that the Joker would've been able to disguise himself and his men like that. They were otherwise preoccupied trying to foil an assassination attempt, and likely checking all of the skyscrapers around them rather than who they assumed were other officers.

doesn't work like that. you don't just show up, in the same way you don't just show up at a football game on a team where nobody knows you

Damn the DC fags in denial in here are fucking dumb.

>hurr no one would ask him anything

Happens all the time IRL.

>Joker and his group disguised themselves as the president's secret service detail
>there's a million federal agents in USA so it's unreasonable to expect someone would check who these guys are

/thread
Can we please get back to talking about Bravo Nolan's magnus opus, Plane Scene?

It's not a drill, it was some sort of remembrance thing and most of the honor guard if not all had been replaced by people on joker's payroll. Everyone else was loosely marching along and probably had very little to do with the honor guard

Literally
>I have never held a job before
The post.
I work at a small corporation with a vast open room where I see all my coworkers (no cubicles) all day every day and I still have no idea who most of the fuckers are. New guys come in constantly, people that have been on leave to serve the country since I started come back. Higher-ups taking a moment to walk the floor and check up on the supes walk around. Outside of my direct supervisor and a few of the guys that sit next to me Adolph fucking Hitler could walk past me and vish me ein gutten day and I wouldn't blink twice at it.

Am I honestly the only one who thinks that there was a connection between The Joker and the bandit from Alfred's story? I know Nolan is usually ragged on for making movies for plebs, but his movies often have hidden depth to them (like the wedding ring being Leo's totem in Inception). I think it makes sense too, as both the Joker and the Thief show a lack of care for material prizes, the Joker burns money and the Thief throws away the gems. Additionally, the Joker's strategy clearly shows that he has military experience, which he got while evading whatever group Alfred was in. The final clue, actually has nothing to do with the movie, but Bob Dylan's Along the Watchtower. I'm pretty sure Nolan has mentioned being a big Dylan fan, and there are other parallels to the song with his Dark Knight trilogy. Anyways, in the song, there's a line that says "said the joker to the thief", and the leading theory with that line is that the joker and the thief are one and the same, much like they are in TDK.

If most of the staff is Joker's people, how come they didn't question why non-Joker people were there? Surely they'd recognize them as being not part of the crew

>this is the last time you get to bring friends

It was established that all the 21 gun salute cops were the Joker's men.

I meant that they have drills, so they would have been practicing this before. But if a lot of them were joker goons then that explains it.

why am I even still posting ITT desu I don't even care that much I can believe the joker pulled off some crazy scheme regardless so it doesn't ruin muh immersion anyway

the gun dance isn't complicated in the slightest

But they eventually caught the bandit, right? They buhhnd the fo west to the ground.

Yeah, same with Paul Walker. It's like he disappeared or something.

NO MORE DEAD COPS

It's never mentioned if they caught him. Alfred only mentioned that he found a kid in some shithole village playing with one of the gems.

The person in charge of that probably had no idea who was in the 21 Gun Salute. Or the Joker and his crew created fake ID's of some kind to pose as them, and they only checked names, not faces. It'd be easy for the Joker to get the names of the men in the Salute, considering the GCPD has scores of men on the mob payroll. That's my theory, and it seems fairly plausible in my opinion.

Also this. I know maybe 50 faces on my campus, and I'm halfway through my second semester there and have a pretty good memory for that shit.

Batman asks what it took to catch the bandit and Alfred says they burned the forest to the ground.

imo the story about the tangerine thief is just a metaphor for Batman's own war with the Joker and the lengths that he will have to go to stop the Joker, as well that men like the Joker and the Thief pop up throughout history as we have that animalistic nature to us.

Nolan specifically said he didn't want to give any back story for his Joker. He wanted the character to be more complete and not some guy who fell in a vat of chemicals or some shit.

So even if there was some origin story for him at one point in development it's irrelevant.

In Batman #1, Joker dresses up as a cop to get to his victim, at the same time his "smile" still gives away the character.

The Dark Knight continues Batman Begins' tradition of drawing primarily and heavily from the graphic novels, one shots and limited series' of the late 1980's and 1990's, but this time the writers also went all the way back to the roots, to the earliest issues of the Batman comic book.

>Batman asks what it took to catch the bandit and Alfred says they burned the forest to the ground.
I forget. Haven't watched the movie in probably 2 or 3 years.

This is a troll thread with troll comments right?

I'm a newfag so I don't know if you're pretending you don't know that all the cops he was with were revealed to be imposters like 5 seconds earlier or you truly are this retarded.

John please,stop mmemeing yourself.

I also know that you are in canada and about the cute enviromental girl.

Joker killed so many blacks in that movie, Nolan is an absolute madman!

>this is considered gore on tumblr

>graphic novels

They're called COMICS you insecure faggot.

spoiler this shit dude

He got his scars serving as a bodyguard for a CIA agent. Their plane crashed but he survived.

>not having tdk play on a continuous loop on a screen setup just for that reason.

the cops were tie next to the gun

Yes but if he wasn't the Joker yet, Alfred wouldnt have recognized him. It's not like he was executed or imprisoned forever (and if he had been he surely could escape, as we've seen him do).

Also, I don't think it's supposed to be a metaphor, I think it's one of those "answer is right in front of your nose" things like the hats in Prestige.

Maybe they were like that? Just because every scene isn't shown doesn't mean it didn't happen. I don't see you asking how Gordon got to the parade.