How do you stop them?

How do you stop them?

Should this level of difficulty be the standard of the zombie genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6zX6-Rf4JY
youtube.com/watch?v=17Fgy2gpQks
youtube.com/watch?v=sVHJGCaFkGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dig a big hole with spikes at the bottom.

>find a place like pic related
>once you're on the other side, destroy the bridge or whatever it is you used
>grow your own food, live happily ever after
>zombies run to their death because they're dumb, water washes them away

easy

so leave the entire planet to the zombies and relegate the remnants of humanity to little head lands and atolls?

also the ROTLD zombies aren't dumb, they can talk, use and operate things and plan ambushes

>so leave the entire planet to the zombies
how long do you think they'll live? They'll only spread as long as new people get infected, if there's nobody to get infected they rot away pretty fast. Not like they can reproduce

You just gotta survive one generation, the next one will repopulate earth again

return of the living dead zombies are different its the whole point of my post, they dont rot away with time, even their detached limbs are alive, and they cant be killed short of burning them to ash, which just spreads the infection gas form anyway

well how the fuck did they beat them in the movie then?

I think you can safely burn them, though. I forget the sequels, but remember in the original film that it wasn't the act of burning them that caused the outbreak, it was burning them during a storm that caused the smoke to fall back down. Presumably had it not rained, things would have been fine.

They didn't. The gubmint nuked the town, but the fact there was a storm left it with the implication the rainwater would carry the infection.

if they're not dumb then why do they want to turn living people into zombies?

You can't beat them dickhead. The only way to stop them is complete dismemberment and then very heavily guarded containment. Remember, the cadaver in the freezer gets a pick axe to the brain and doesn't die. They don't die from being cut up, or shot. Burning them spreads the infection. They're the worst case scenario for zombies

theyre in incredible pain and the only thing that will stop the pain is eating brains

They don't. They eat people. The zombies themselves do not spread anything.

Put em in concrete and dump em in a subduction zone where they'll melt in the mantle and wind up stuck around the earths core or become mineralized.

Maximun difficulty it's return of the living dead.

Where they nuke the zombies and spread the ashes that rise more deads.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6zX6-Rf4JY

Zombies are an allegory for inevitable death. People will always make mistakes which will lead to the zombies breaking in and killing everyone. Every single zombie movie always ends like that.

Return of the Living Dead is my favorite film of ALL TIME!!!FACT!!!

I always wanted to see a sequel that started right from the end of part 1. The pre-title sequence introduces characters, blahblahblah. The nuke goes off and we follow the characters try to survive the fallout as the dead return.

If I was a billionaire I'd make that movie.

fast zombies are scary as fuck in general, and these fucks could think and ambush. also the aim for the head rule didn't apply.

RotLD zombies were way too op.

In part two they electrocute the zombies to kill them. Their plan was to leave a trail of cow brains to a power plant and shock them all to death. Worked well.

In 3, they used cryo bullets to freeze their nervous system in an attempt to weaponize them. Didn't work. They also tried to create robotic harnesses ala RoboCop 2. Made things much worse.

In 4, the necropolis just had more robotics and they led them into a pool? I don't remember.

Rave from the grave everyone dropped trioxin acid and then I don't remember anything else but tar man.

nah only the shitty zombie movies end like that. that's a pretty tired trope desu

Name one zombie where humanity actually defeats the plague/virus.

warm bodies

now go eat a dick you faggot.

world war z

28 Days Later
>inb4 HURR DURR NOT REAL ZOMBIES!

this, I cant believe they made sequels and didnt go this route

>fast zombies are scary as fuck
They're just normal stupid people who want to kill you, though.

If you see one and you're not prepared, you won't have time to be scared. you'll just be dead. Same if any random person got it into their head to kill you.

With slow zombies, you can get away, but there will be more wherever you go. You can hide, but eventually they'll crowd around you and you'll starve. You can barricade yourself inside a bomb shelter, but they'll just stand wherever their last stimulus drew them, and there they will wait until you have to come out.

Just to give the romance a happy ending.
Gets a sequel soon-ish.
Has sequels.

Movies usually aren't scary enough for me but this movie is too scary, I dread the day I end up watching it but it's inevitable.

Fido

That's the ending of Day of the Dead.

Sean of the Dead

Didn't they just learn to live with them? Which leaves the door open for shit to go south eventually.

There hasn't been a good zombie film since 1968.

It's not scary enough to succeed as horror, and not funny enough to succeed as comedy. Romero's first three zombie movies are better.

>With slow zombies, you can get away, but there will be more wherever you go
except some where thats just slightly out of arms reach, from where with little more than a long sharp stick you could single handily defeat all the zombies

It's the only one I'd recommend to general cinema fans instead of only to horror genre fans.

would've been better as a mini-series, especially if it stayed faithful to the book.

Zombiefication is just like AIDs if there isn't a cure then prevent, isolate, and treat until a cure is found.
But I get your point, Will Smith's "I am legend" does create a vaccine at the end IRC.

This. Unwinnable civilian wise. Surviving I guess you could try your luck on a boat living off fish, rain water, and the grace of God. Pray they can't operate boats or swim. Dude if they can swim you are 10000% boned. Shoot yourself while you can. Two double barrel shotguns under the chin same time.

if i'm not mistaken in either night of the living dead or return of the living dead it's implied that the zombies will simply walk across the ocean floor to a new continent or island in order to obtain brains. takes a while but sure as sugar, they'll show up eventually.

RotLD zombies are some of the toughest in zombie movies. Only destruction of the brain will stop them. They don't need to breathe. NotLD zombies are more fragile.

This movie traumatized me as a child.

In fact this scene horrified me beyond any despair I have ever felt in my like up until that point.

>Durr Hurr what is shoot them in the legs and burying the shitty crawlers under some rocks

>just normal people who want to kill you
Eat you*
Fast as fuck cannibals that will shred you. How anyone can say slow zombies are scary in any way blows my mind. You might get bit but can still easily get out of being torn apart and go shoot yourself. One fast one grabs you and you're on the ground and in one second flat 30 more are on you stripping the flesh from your bones ravenously and you can't do anything.

Why don't more zombie movies feature more small yachts on trailers? They are by far the best hideout.

>comfy inside
>can move it to different areas if you need to escape increased danger or depleting resources
>can't get into it without a ladder or clambering onto the trailer and pulling yourself up which a zombie couldn't do
>gather enough supplies and you can set sail

This what was actually scurry about RotLD: they made the zombies virtually unkillable, save for taking the time to fully burn or dismember them, AND they got to be fast.

then there was this motherfucker:
youtube.com/watch?v=17Fgy2gpQks

when I was a kid i thought he was a zombie with his fucking legs chopped off and he was running after the dude on stumps. scared the shit out of me.

Fast zombies are literally the most retarded concept ever.

Slow zombies are scary like the Terminator is scary:
>It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!

You have to sleep some time. Those defenses won't hold forever. There's a lot of them out there.

So my boat plan would work. They would just be under you. That's a scary thought. Last man on earth. All of the remaining zombies piling and clambering up each other for miles high underwater trying to reach your boat.
Durr hurr what is there are hundreds of them how are you going to find and put rocks on top of one at a time. Nigger these things dug up six feet of solid earth in seconds. I don't think whatever little cinder block you can lift is gonna slow them down.

Because it would have to be one hell of a contrived scenario for shit to go wrong which is the basic prerequisite for the story to become interesting. Nobody wants to see some dude sitting on a yacht, fishing, eating fish, washing his stinking socks and stare at the sky for 2 hours.

On the other hand, water isn't static. There are currents and whales and shit to disrupt any zombie pile.

Park your ship near an active underwater fault line or the Mariana's Trench and you should be gravy.

The tiger alone makes the story 10 times more interesting.

So what, you can always just give up. Call it a good life and be done with it. Slow zombies give you a chance at long term survival. You can survive a good two weeks in your house with what you have in it right now with the doors and windows shoddily blocked before even needing to worry about venturing for supplies.
Fast ones provide no hope of long term survival. Every issue and problem with slow zombies is there but amplified with the fact that you need to be in top tier cardio condition to even cross a street. Your house is nothing to fast zombies they'll just jump through a window or break down the door. Fast. In seconds flat. And then shred you.

something that always annoyed me is that there's never supernatural zombies. always viral zombies of some sort. i read a short book once, i forget by who. but something starts orbiting earth, some shining being, and death simply becomes impossible. NOTHING dies. it just goes insane on microbiological level. even losing a finger... it won't die. the severed finger goes insane. meat in packages at the supermarket starts quivering. the rotting weeds stop rotting and turn poisonous. dead tree's can't do anything, but, they're just mute in their insane agony.

If we have any tie to reality, fast ones would be easier. All that muscle movement requires energy. Even if the zombie virus converts to something hyperefficient or lets them photosynthesize, they're starved and immobile within a month or two.

Remember, if zombies can't think as well as us, they're essentially unable to hunt wildlife. Once they're out of easy human prey, that's it.

But then it's no longer a zombie but a regular man vs. nature survival movie.

For it to be about a man living on a yacht to escape the zombie plague on the main land he'd have to, at least try, to get to shore every 15 minutes or we'd forget why he's on the ocean in the first place.

Best scene of the original Romero trilogy coming through:

youtube.com/watch?v=sVHJGCaFkGY

I'll camp on my comfy swing bridge, row to shore when the hordes aren't around for food and fuel and do alot of fishing.
Bring soil and farm some plants on the trestle.
And snipe faggots who want to take my shit.

The whole zombie apocalypse scenario is retarded, be it fast or slow zombie (with slow zombies even more so). Biting just won't do as means of spreading the plague, especially if you've got only one patient zero. It would get contained fast. It's doubtful they could turn one city and even then, it would be quarantined fast and even if it weren't how long would it take the zombies to march to another city?

The only way zombies work is when zombies don't exist in that universe so everyone is retarded. Or really overpowered ones like in return.

Thread is about RoTLD zombies specifically, they basically cant be killed, they can think, plan and operate things.
they're not just mindless creatures, theyre driven by an extreme pain and only eating brains will ease them

I am Legend

Say Patient Zero bites a guy and the guy fights Zero off and runs home. Depending on the speed of the infection that one guy who got bit turns into 3 people by infecting the people in his home then they infect others so on and so forth you get the gist

Man that was such an uncomfortable movie. Essential halloweencore.

I like the idea of a 'day zero' rather than a 'patient zero' imagine that as of midnight every person who dies for whatever reason reanimates as a zombie,
OD'ing drug addicts, people dying in hospitals, in old age homes, car accidents etc etc. the 'infection' would spread all over almost every part of the planet especially major cities by the dawn

If you were to crowdfund that I'll give you $10

>with little more than a long sharp stick you could single handily defeat all the zombies

Go outside and see how long you can swing and jab a stick around.

What bothers me most about RotLD posts are the redditors that come in and put the zombies on an omg teh indestructible fast zambies!! Pedestal.

If you were a true fan of the series you'd know that electrocution kills these zombies. Period. Fuck off with your dumb ass yacht doomsday scenario plans. Any of you fucks ever own a water craft? Shit would break and need constant repairing before you are even able to grow some beans to make your 3am chili. Faggots.

you missed the part where im out of their reach, i can take breaks

There people in the real world that do fast pace hard labor jobs for 8 hours a day AND find the time to work out out. Only fat lazy fucks like robert kirkman and neets think slow zombies are scary. By the way the zombies in return living dead universe can get killed by electricity if you watch the second movie.

They didn't.

Stopped readin in tue first sentence. Zombie movies have never had ties to reality. All evidence from films with fast zombies/infected suggest almost total civilian annihilation. Fast berzerking zombies are objectively far more fucking dangerous than slow zombies.

>especially if you've got only one patient zero. It would get contained fast.
Yeah, like ebola, or aids.

Both of those lie dormant in the host without visible signs for an extended period of time. The zombie virus, at least those depicted in film, have instant affects or at least take a few days to surface. We can assume that if pz were in a civilized country, they'd try to seek treatment or would potentially infect someone within a 5 mile radius of their home. Since we exist in the time period where Romeros films exist and america is chock full of guns, I'm sure it wouldnt take long until the infection was eradicated...Unless it was airborne or transmitted by other means than bite alone.

>How do you stop them?
miniguns, set at head level.

I never understood why this was so difficult.

You'll run out of bullets soon user

Electricity. Comma. Faggots.

>Only destruction of the brain will stop them.

I don't know about the sequels but in the first one literally the only possible way to stop them was complete obliteration of their body.

Sometimes when I'm bored I write supernatural zombie movie in my head. It's really the only scenario which makes "sense".

The movie would start standard but there would be that one guy who insisted the zombies had to be supernatural and this meant magic was real. Nobody would of course take him seriously until the movie slowly turned insane ala in the mouth of madness

the way they were stopped, with a fucking nuke.

it used parts of a screenplay he worked for a direct sequel to night.

>Nobody wants to see some dude sitting on a yacht, fishing, eating fish, washing his stinking socks and stare at the sky for 2 hours.

That could actually be pretty interesting if it's about the character's internal conflict of living such a mundane lonely life or going back to the city risking death everyday if only for the chance of getting in contact with another person.

In I am Legend wasn't there a part where the Zombies became smarter and walked around in the sun despite it hurting them (or at least one that did this) and it laid a trap for Will Smith? I'd like if it explored that element more but I don't remember the movie in detail so MAYBE it did?

>if you watch the second movie

Yeah but who in their right mind would willingly watch that turd?

>yfw the second ending

Fucks sake kenny