Aubrey Plaza is so good in Legion. This show is pure cinema

Aubrey Plaza is so good in Legion. This show is pure cinema.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l1Sa9hXA4mo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

she's aging pretty horribly

Why are the action scenes so awful? I've seen better fights in a highschool play.

I've never found her pretty, but she's really talented, and manages to come across as sexy in this show, even though she's a 6/10 at best.

Because it's basic cable.

>sexy
no. she's like a creepy midget

>really talented
>plays the same character type in everything she's been in.

The action scenes aren't really terrible, the show is just staying true to the style of the comic.

It's not going for realistic looking or impactful fights, just stylistic wow moments reminiscent of the comic book this show hails from.

They do this realyl well actually, there is tons of moments where you could literally pause the screen and the shot looks directly out of a comic book.

There is very little this show is doing wrong at the moment

I've never seen a Marvel movie that i've enjoyed on any level, and I've seen 8 of the movies. I didn't like them because they felt embarrassingly dumb and formulaic that felt like every scene was approved by a marketing team instead of a director with a vision. Is Legion something that might actually be interesting on any sort of artistic level?

Show is pure shit desu. Watched the first 3? Episodes I think. Probably gonna drop it

I fucking loved the part where she did her slutty dance moves but because I liked the way it transitioned to it.

>just randomly shoving a music video into your TV show

I mean it was hot but, it completely took me out that episode

Why are you such a child?

There was actually a bug on the pie. Is there a reason ptolomy and the eye are wearing red shirts?

>it's shit on purpose

It's funny how verbose variations of this argument get.

wrong
wrong

>X-Men directed by Wes Anderson

It's nothing like the movies. It's surrealist.

You realize the whole show is taking place inside the mind of a mental patient, right?

I hate the Marvel movies, but I love this show.

If it were actually directed by wes anderson then I might have liked it. The directing is shit in this. When I watch this show it feels like I'm watching a montage or highlights of a show.

The entire dream sequence shit in the ice world looked fucking awful as well

>what the show does wrong
Nothing makes sense. inb4 too deep
Shitty characters in hipster outfits.
Again shitty action scenes.
No meaningful story.
Abstract, existentialist, and surreal. AKA pretentious.
What's real? What's not? For an hour. Stopped caring.
>what the show does right
Kinda pretty.
It's reddit tier and by your use of "literally" and the spacing so are you

I pity you if you are serious.

The show is well written, tonally refreshing and pitch perfect as well with respect to the actors performances except for maybe kerry waifu.

The cinematography and editing is top notch, soundtrack is amazing and storytelling and pacing is literally perfect if you aren't 12 and dyyyying to find out everything in the first 2 episodes.

Like fuck do you watch tv?

This show is the purest example of new and refreshing and innovative.

>pretentious
Ah yes, the mating call of the intellectually insecure person.

They don't even need realistic or balls-out fights. The series is a ton of fun not knowing which locations are real and which are in his mind or even mental creations of alternate reality.

There are half a dozen recent crappy movies with mindless and idiotically protracted brawls smashing heads together while a sound guy throws a piano down a stairs, for those who need that to survive.

Oh boy, another Transformers coming up, off you go!

>X-Men directed by Michel Gondry

Fix'd

Cool. I'll check it tomorrow. The synopsis sounds pretty interesting but Marvel and Disney seem to know how to take an interesting and cool premise and turn it into a boring pandering mess, so hopefully its decent.

nice straw man argument desu.

WHO IS HE?

It's absolute kinography.

>he comes to Sup Forums for arguments
That was an insult, sweetie pie.

Your liberal arts degree isn't doing you any favors m8

>Literally use literally correct
>reddit

I think you've gone too deep son.

It's not too deep, they just do not give you any information for multiple episodes.

>Abstract, existentialist, and surreal. AKA pretentious.
You're the type of moron who thinks that anything having to do with the above is automatically pretentious.
It's literally a show about a super powerful telepath with another even more powerful parasite telepath that has been brainwashing and altering his memories for his entire life.

How in teh fuck does that not qualify for plenty of abstract existentialism and a surreal feeling?

You stopped caring because you're a depressed faggot with a fucked attention span

not a very good one, snookie

That's exactly what it is. It's a capeshit story in the style of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

any shots of her feets

You must have pretty garbage taste if you actually think it's top notch lmao
To each their own

Why is she so perfect?

there was one in the first ep and this ep was supposed to be slight mirror of the first ep like syd said deja vu but some things are different.

>It's an characters are stuck in David's mind and nothing happens episode

I'm gonna have to watch it through all over again once the season finale premieres, I think it's a really bad show to be consumed over long periods of time. I think the whole week between episodes wears on the show, I always end up wishing more had happened regardless of my appreciation of how nuanced it all is

Aubrey plaza is a psychotic dame throughout and I love it, but I think I would've been head over heels with it all had I been able to watch the whole season in an afternoon.

Can this retarded show be anymore try hard edgy?

So edgy. Much edge.

She should become a professional dominatrix

>using literally redundantly
>correct
nope
>anything having to do with the above is automatically pretentious.
not so much these things as people who sing the praise of something that's shit simply because it's abstract, existentialist, or surreal. Like you.
>You stopped caring because you're a depressed faggot with a fucked attention span
you seem upset.

Old, hit as fuck Aubrey Plaza will never blow you a kiss goodnight.

>provide long response about why the show is good
>lol you have shit taste that show sucks

what's your top 3 shows of all time?

That shot in the kitchen with the telepath under the table in diapers as a fully grown man made me think of that exact film. Post production lighting and color scheme were duller but it was the exact same concept with the whole memories thing

Why is she always showing her feet? I think she knows.

I want to spank her cute little naked butt.

>using literally for emphasis, albeit "redundantly"
>incorrect
negative

>not so much these things as people who sing the praise of something that's shit simply because it's abstract, existentialist, or surreal. Like you.
As opposed to people who debase something that is great simply because it's abstract, existentialist or surreal? like you?

Recall, you are the one who made the pretentious claims, I never once used those terms to praise the show.

Just because you are transparent and I chose to call you out on your shit doesn't make me upset. That wasn't an insult, just a statement of fact.

She's over thirty that's fucking disgusting

>jemaine clemete back on next week
Thank god I really want to see more of him that intro to ep 4 was so perfect

>using literally redundantly, albeit for "emphasis"
>correct
wrong again reddit.
>As opposed to people who debase something that is great simply because it's abstract, existentialist or surreal?
I gave plenty of other reasons legion is shit. But nice strawman.
>just a statement of fact.
prove it.

It was practically a filler episode

IF ya know what I mean ;)

Did they switch bodies before they went back to clockworks? david saying syd is delusional and the reverse scene where david goes into the bedroom but there were no feet shown walking in.

I would love to have a Syd in my life

I am absolutely positively sure that being redundant for emphasis does not mean the words were used incorrectly.

See what I did there?

You keep contradicting yourself bud, I gave plenty of reasons why the show is good, yet you claimed I praised it for being abstract when I never did, then literally called the same exact argument you used in your previous post against me a strawman.

you proved your own argument invalid.

Hilarious.

So that yellow eyed devil is confirmed for being Shadow King?

yep they straight name dropped amahl farouk.

i used to hate aubrey plaza but my respect for her rose 70% when i saw this

youtube.com/watch?v=l1Sa9hXA4mo

wheres the webms boys? I need syd being frisked by davids sis, davids sis gagging, and plaza dancing in the tights. NOW

>absolutely positively.
Two adverbs
>literally pause.
Adverb, verb
I do see what you did there and one of them is wrong. Take a guess which
> I gave plenty of reasons why the show is good, yet you claimed I praised it for being abstract when I never did, then literally called the same exact argument you used in your previous post against me a strawman.
now your just making stuff up. And using literally wrong.
>you proved your own argument invalid
citation needed
>Hilarious
that anyone would think this show is good.

plaza works best in small doses

wew lad

How is it a filler when this is the first episode Shadow King is 100% in control and showed his power?

here had to scale down to 720 otherwise itll be too big.

>memory mans face when David is not going to memories, he's visiting the actual past

Besides that bit of storytelling and the team getting slowly saved one by one, not much happens. It's what's called a bottle episode

thanks anons

We get exposition on -all- the characters. It's the first episode that SPED UP.

Hey Aubrey i have a job for you and you don't even have to act

A CUTE

Who IS fungus man Sup Forums?

Don't get cocky, kid.

Shadow King doesn't have much resources to make a reality projection other than his host's old memory. Of course it will be bottled.

what the fuck are you on about?
you can put an adverb before or after a verb just liek you can put two adverbs in a row.

Are you trying to troll your way out of this ass fucking im giving you?

>not so much these things as people who sing the praise of something that's shit simply because it's abstract, existentialist, or surreal. Like you.
As opposed to people who debase something that is great simply because it's abstract, existentialist or surreal? like you?

Same argument, I purposely used the inverse of your argument to show you how retarded your claim was and then you hilariously went and called your own argument a strawman.

Glorious

>people who think this show is surreal or abstract

>We get exposition on -all- the characters.
That too, we learn more about the characters in the episode. Slipped my mind

This show so edge!!!!! MUCH EDGE!!!
LOOK AT THE BUG RUNNING ON HER HAND!
OMG SO GOOD!

This shit is fucking stupid. No more after these last 12 min.

We learn more about the characters than we did in any single previous episode.

This show is not about moving around physical locations and doing physical things, David's attack on Division 3 illustrates that. The important thing is the journey into David's mind.

> How can we make this random retarded scene more edgy?
> Put a dude in the background holding a box for no reason.
> Great idea, Mike!

why u samefag ur hate fur dis shu?

>Abstract, existentialist, and surreal. AKA pretentious.
American education at the finest level

The same guy from the first episode?

>you can put an adverb before or after a verb just liek you can put two adverbs in a row.
Only if an adverb strongly modifies the main verb, should you put it before the main verb. Otherwise it's redundant, or in other words, incorrect. Learn basic Grammer.
>Same argument, I purposely used the inverse of your argument to show you how retarded your claim was and then you hilariously went and called your own argument a strawman.
Clarifying a statement is somehow a strawman argument? Ok. Try looking up what strawman means. And literally while you're at it.
>Glorious
That you still are scared to address the other criticisms I've made of the show

Oh man, eyes on the wall! I can't wait to see what's next!?!!!!!?!?

Did they literally use some AI that just parses reddit to write this shit?

Your liberal arts degree does you no favors

This show is so abstract and surreal faggot

I bet you have lots of friends, and most people genuinely really like you.

It's not like you didn't know whose eyes they were or what they were looking at.

This show is incredibly straightforward. There is no confusion at this stage about the stakes, or the motivations, only about the setting.

this show is the embodiment of reddit.

> You will never get an awkward lap dance from 'Lenny;