What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Jerry. The answer will always be Jerry.

This. The cowcriminals will never ever be legit again until jerruh & garrett are history.

You know, it's funny. When I really started to get into watching the Cowboys, I heard this from so many people. Don't put your faith in Dallas. Jerry is always going to fuck it up.

But then 2014 happened, and the Cowboys looked incredible, and I started to believe. Of course, then 2015 happened, but Romo and so many other important players got hurt, and Greg Hardy ruined the team chemistry, so I just chalked that season up to a fluke. Especially because 2016 happened, and it seemed like the future was brighter than ever.

But now I've realized all the old timers were right. It doesn't matter how well the Cowboys draft or how many free agents they sign, or what sort of individual brilliance their elite players possess. It's all going to be for shit because the talent is not in the hands of a competent coaching staff. And there will never be a competent coaching staff as long as Jerry is around, because a competent coaching staff wouldn't put up with Jerry's meddling and antics, and Jerry can't have that.

My only source of hope is that he's an old man and has to die one of these days. But that could be a long time ahead.

fpbp

Jerry has shit taste's in husbandos. It's because of that we get alot of shit players that he keeps around. Jury's still out on Dak and Zeke, but there's still time for them to shape out. In my mind Dez is the one that's got to go. He's like a bad clone of Terrell Owens that can't catch. With Jerry's massive fucking boner for him, he's not leaving anytime soon.

When the fans got the idea they should win just because they are the Cowboys.

Dez has declined hard and is getting shit on. It's been steady a few years but he isn't a playmaker anymore. He may catch a ball, that's perfectly thrown, yet still shut down by the likes of Byron Maxwell. His passionate, diva demeanor of demanding the ball is a disastrous combination that has poisoned the season.

Zeke's departure collapsed the offense resulting in a rut of consecutive games without TDs which is what really killed their season.

Dak'posted literally GOAT numbers last year. This year he's a consummate pickmachine who's redzone acumen is worse than his counterpart in DC, which is bottom of the league tier. Bortlels threw less picks than him.

These three were supposed to be a mirror image of Brown/Bell/Rapistberger and all three of them are most glaring of weaknesses.

Sean Lee is required to be healthy for 16 games. Dan Bailey too.

Garrett is suddenly to blame for everything.

>Jerruh

a white woman had a vendetta against zeke

how are cowboys """fans""" coping with the fact their team's window is basically closed now?

I'm willing to give Dak to the end of his rookie contract to see what he's got. It's not like he's expensive. And maybe this year was just the natural struggles of a second-year quarterback. But there's no harm keeping him around for another two years.

Injuries and suspensions and losing close games and playing in a strong conference

drafting a meme QB

Nothing. You deserve to be shit.

I honestly believe Dak could be an amazing system babby. Get him a right and proper oline (not sure what happened to that legendary Cowboys oline this season) and more than one actual good receiver, and there would be tons of people calling him elite.

But now he doesn’t have an oline, Beasley is constantly double teamed because everyone figured out he’s the only wide out Dak has any chemistry with, and his other receivers are dog shit. I’m not necessarily saying Dak is good, but he could be good enough if he had a team around him.

Shouldn’t have been a wifebeating nigger.

Jerry the long term reason. As long as keeps thinking he's the smartest guy in the room, the Soyboys will always be flawed.

While Dak, Zeke, Dez, and injuries were short terms reasons, a better GM - Hi Jerry! - could have mitigated all of them.

Dak was going to slump from Year 1. Everyone does because the "sophomore slump" is really a case of "Everyone now has more tape and knows they need to defend against you". Counting on Dak not to slump was idiocy on the part of Jerry the GM.

While Zeke's suspension hurt, all it did was expose the Soyboy's one cylinder offense which was something the rest of the league was already keying on. His numbers were going to drop as the season went on and RBs have a short half-life. Jerry the GM should have had back-up plan in place.

Dez is past his prime and becoming a clubhouse cancer. He should have been traded in the offseason for a bag of chips. He's Jerry the GM's binky though.

Point to coaching, point to players, point to planning, point to scouting, and point to whatever because it doesn't matter. Jerry the GM is responsible for all of it.

Dallas fans are watching "The Al Davis 2.0 Show".

Omae wa shinderou

They messed up their home games

Not well.

The offensive line not being there is imho one of the main things that really hampered Dak this season. I'll give you his long distance struggles but when the line was there to play, Dak was fine, and he got passes out to Beasley and Witten. When they didn't show up Dak got fucking steamrolled like 14 times in one game. I know Dak, and Zeke are solid, but the two of them can't be the only answer to everything offensively.