Tfw want to enjoy soccer/football/fútbol/footy

>tfw want to enjoy soccer/football/fútbol/footy
>so many leagues around the world
>don't know which players to follow

Is it too late, lads?

it sucks anyways

fpbp soccer is gay

Start with the Premier League. Watch a few different games and find a team you like then stick with it. For the other leagues just watch Barcelona/Madrid, Paris Saint German, and maybe Bayern Munich. You can get more into the other leagues later on if you want. Premier League is definitely the easiest to get into.

Just b yourself

>not watching the premier league

it's the only one with parity, don't even bother with the french and german leagues

just follow premier league + champions league and keep up with the general state of barca/real and bayern/dirtmund. serie a for memes and the feeling of when you go with a hipster choice and find out it's actually shit

I'm sorry bros, but I just can't watch our football/handegg anymore. It's just so boring when the only talent is in a couple of teams.

Besides I want to understand what the rest of the world sees in soccer.

Just play FIFA. It'll let you figure out the world stars, which leagues people follow, and which teams you'll like.

>parity
Does that have some applied meaning here or did you just try to sound smart and misspell/botch the word?

Just watch Premier League highlights and that can help you with the memes around here to start with - plus provide some good comedy.

Also what said about parity, plus follwing a team that isn't one of the big ones can be fun - especially for relegation battles.

t. West Ham supporter.

Ronaldo and Messi reached their peaks, just watch Nerman & P$G rape French farmers and beat Halal in the CL

>Nerman & P$G rape French farmers and beat Halal in the CL

Literally what?

>citywinslol

>soccer

Bundesliga is the most exciting in my opinion, plus the only American soccer player with actual skill plays for Dortmund, so there's your team.

This is assuming that you're ok with the same team winning the league eevery season. It's not like American sports with playoffs, its whoever finishes their schedule with the most points in the standings.

Watch a few different leagues and see what you like. As a rough guide:-

Serie A (Italy) - The priority is on defensive football, but it can still be entertaining and the fans are endearingly batshit.

Ligue 1 (France) - Similar to the above, most teams play two defensive midfielders, but less entertaining and lower quality.

Bundesliga (Germany) - Second best league to watch. It gets the job done.

La Liga (Spain) - There's a huge gulf between the good teams and the shit teams. If you want to watch attacking players against shitty defences, e.g. Barca beating literal who's 8 - 0, then this is the league for you. However, the league is unwatchable due to the constant diving, petty fouls and surrounding the referee; absolutely no class.

Premier League (England) - Best league in the world, la.

>premiershit
>parity
it's literally been the same 2-3 teams for like 30 years now lel

Wait to watch USA in the World Cup.

this 2bh

Except it hasn’t

You really just need to watch the Portuguese League. Great players, great coaches, great memes

What he said.

Prem League is the league you want to get interested in. As an American, I would suggest following a good team because they more often get the better time slots for us to watch.

If you want to watch other leagues I would suggest tuning into the Europa League or Champions League. Champions League is the better of the two, and has many more "powerhouse" teams. Watching the CL will give you an idea of other teams around Europe and if you find one you like you can start watching their league games. The more you watch, the more you'll learn. Not just about the tactics and formations of the game, but you'll learn about the other teams and players that play in that league.

It's such a beautiful game and it's never too late to start enjoying it. If you're into to video games, consider purchasing FIFA. Start a campaign and you're learn a ton about who is good is and who is who.

Premier league you need to watch. The bottom teams can beat the top teams and cause an upset.

Mark my words. City will lose their winning streak to a team like Watford

Support your local team

Everyone else kys

>the only talent on a couple teams
Boy do i got news for you

>want to watch football
>blatent cheating and grown men acting like little girls

how do we fix it boys?

Make it an anglo only sport

>soccer/football/fútbol/footy/nogomet/calcio/фyдбaл
Don't mind me just adding more names to this beautiful game

PL is a good place for most people to start at, lots of memes, big egos, big money etc. an international from your country probably plays there but desu the standard can sometimes be disappointing and far from what you expect. La Liga is the other obvious choice and there is excellent coverage in english but if you can experience it in spanish, the memes are delightfully spicy and maybe the quality of play is higher from a technical standpoint in that you're not going to see blootball and even park the bus relegation fodder make Arsenal look like a league 2 team. Seria A is very passionate and epic at times, coverage is ok. German and French leagues have really dropped in standard and at this point, the MLS and Argentinian league offer more entertaining options. The last ten years have been absolutely golden and the talent pool has not come close to being replaced imo so if you can watch those you're in for a treat.

EPL has all the memes

Spain has 3 teams, Barca, Real Madrid, the other Madrid

Germany has 1.5 teams

You don't follow players you nonce

Just follow the EPL since it's the most watched on here, and easily accessible in the USA. And the champions league too obviously

watch the league in your country, you fat cuck

Euros don’t follow teams, they follow players. At any given point there are a handful of three or four superstar players that it is socially acceptable to follow. An easy one is Messi, as Reddit considers him to be the best player in the world. As such, in order to watch Messi you will end up watching Barcelona. But don’t again, don’t get too attached to the team. There’s a very good chance that Messi will transfer in the coming years to a different team, which you’ll then be obligated to follow. I’d put money on Messi coming to the MLS when he gets older and closer to retirement, so there’s a chance you may get to see him in person one day in the US.

Really though, I can’t stress this enough: soccer fans DO NOT care about the teams, period! If you want to be a true fan, chose a star player and stick with him in order to avoid being called a fair weather fan. It’s a bit counter intuitive, I know, but it’s how Euros operate. And in all fairness, even American leagues like the NBA are trying to push this model these days.

Good list, would add that Bundes is lower quality than all except Ligue Hon but much more attacking and exciting with better English-language media