So now that Van Dijk is not in the squad is it certain he will become a scouser in January...

So now that Van Dijk is not in the squad is it certain he will become a scouser in January? I actually think so desu senpai.

Yes, City and a couple others want him, but he seems set on a move to Liverpool. At City he might not even be first choice, at Liverpool he can be loved instantly by Klopp and the players if he helps fix the defence.

I think Coutinho might actually get sold though, especially if we manage to get Lemar

City are wankers desu. They don't need him at all, the only reason they are in for him is to drive up the price Liverpool will have to pay.

Manchester scum.

Dubs have spoken the truth

doubt he would turn down a move to city if soton only accept their bid
will just come down to FSG getting the big boy cash out

if he goes to city there is a 100% chance of him fucking up unbeaten season or even league title

He is going to City.
>Higher wages
>Guaranteed PL trophy/medal at end of season
>Become the Alpha CB at an already steamroller of a team.

Stones/Otamendi have been outstanding and Mangala/Kompany are solid back ups that have found form again and they play academy players in the cups

Pep can't rely on either Mangala or Kompany to play in the knockout rounds of the CL if one of the CB pair gets injured. Pep needs to buy another defender. Are there any other good ones available?

He's going to City.

He's not interested in Liverpool anymore after becoming disillusioned with Klopp's meme tactics

>Join shit team
>Play every game
>Get to play in Champions League some seasons
>Win nothing

or

>Join big club
>Play in a rotational system
>Play in Champions League every season
>Win trophies (but you are unlikely to play in big games)

Van Dijk would not solve Liverpool's defensive problems, it is a flaw in Klopp's system.

In the winter? Probably not, if they're going for Van Dijk.
In the summer? Sure. And probably for less and probably better ones at that.

Nah, it's usually individual mistakes that lead to goals.

They are right up there with City in how few chances they give the opposition. They also conceded like 5 goals from open play in the last 2 months was it?

Liverpool only let 7 shots in 9 games against them before arsenal. Then Gomez switched off for a second and mignolet reminded everybody he's retarded

This. If anything they need a new GK and Clyne to be back. CB would help but they will never get Van Djik

>we

>flaw in Klopp's system
Not true in this case. The issue is individual mistakes from the keeper and a CB. With Van Dijk and a new keeper, Liverpool could be title challengers. Look how many draws they have currently. Most would be wins without defense losing concentration.

>this scouse delusion

If your auntie had balls......

Mate you're deluded if you're blaming Klopps tactics. Even the few idiots who hate Klopp hate him because he hasn't bought new defenders. They admit his tactics are solid. The usual goal conceded when Liverpool are 2-0 up is where the CB is in the right position but fails to kick the ball or something stupid like that. Players just switch off.

finally someone else realises this

>Thinking Liverpool need new defenders is deluded.

is this /trans/?

He's goin to Madrid

>inb4 they lose out on VvD to City and Akanji to Dortmund

I think Liverpool are a tad more attractive that Dortmund right now.

Akanji's agent is an ex Dortmund player though. And he'd have a NT teammate there.

What is this flaw?

What has to happen for Mignolet to not catch balls that go straight towards him and Lovren to not miss the ball going towards his foot during a low cross?

>mediocre Otamendi and Mangala playing regularly
>Kompany a perma crock
>Stones currently injured

He's exactly what they need

he clearly doesn’t prepare his defenders well and just blames them publically for mistakes

look how Pep has changed Johnny Pebbles from a complete joke to one of the best center backs in the league

>he clearly doesn’t prepare his defenders well and just blames them publically for mistakes
He's actually criticised because he never blames his players. He is thought to not be hard enough on his players. Are you thinking of a different club?

You are saying there's a coaching problem? Truth is we don't know for sure in this case, but by the looks of things it seems more likely to be the fault of the players just not having the brains to maintain concentration or not having the leadership. Liverpool's defence are often solid at first but will concede stupid goals. The GKs are exceptionally bad, not just with poor decision making but also with having butter-fingers and slow reaction times occasionally. That's just my take on it. I think a defender like Van Dijk has the leadership to organise the defence and avoid making silly mistakes. I also think a brainy keeper is needed. That's just my take as a Liverpool fan.

already signed for city

>75 million on another Southampton player

I want to him play on the same team with Dante.

no way coutinho leaves in january. if he goes he won't be able to play champions league