>pioneer an incredibly innovative (for the time) style of football
>go to 1954
>our year lah
>beat eventual finalists West Germany 8-3
>best player on their side if not the world gets injured
>he returns, not entirely healthy, in the final against West Germany
>lose in the final
>literal needles are seen on the changing rooms of the germans
>team decides to fuck off after commushits do what commushits do best in Hungary
>never ever do anything of signficance in football again

I have no relation to hungary at all but reading about it just fucking hurts. Ask most people about their all time XIs and nobody puts Puskas, partly understandable since anyone who's seen him play directly is probably already dying, but who knows. Their chance is gone, they'll never get another one again.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortage_economy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Maybe he wouldn't have got injured if he was a fat fuck. No sympathy

A fat fuck that scored a hat trick against a great England side and won that five real madrid CLs in a row.

He joined Madrid in 58 and therefore only won two CLs in a row, three in total.

Oh okay

Anyway perhaps 1970 Netherlands could also be included

France or Bresil in 86, I wasn't around at this time, but I've read many times that basically says, the one who would won the quarter final World won the cup.
I've watched the game on YouTube and it's kinda hard for me to say if it was a great game or not, but it seems people are impressed by it.

You mean 74, but yeah.
It's kinda funny how >we cucked two of the best national teams of all time out of winning the World Cup. At least that Netherlands team got another shot at the title four years later, although they fucked that up, too.

nice trips, either way who were your best players then?

>France in 86
Another great team >we cucked.
Also: >1982 (pic related)

is that the german keeper kicking battiston in the face?

this makes it more romantic imo, more people remember hungary and holland 74 than the random german team that actually won the cup

you forgot:
>we were actually up 2-0 in the final
>even after doing a massive choke job and being down 3-2 Puskas had a legal goal called offside that would've equalized the game
>Germany goes on to win three more titles plus dominates the Olympics with their blatant doping program for 30 years
>their NT is still defending World Champs
>our NT haven't even qualified for 30 years straight, this time because we drew with Faroe Islands and lost ot FUCKING ANDORRA in the qualfication stage

so they collapsed when the eastern bloc communist contries collapsed?

was communism good for Hungray footie?

Brazil 82 not winning due to itailian refball was the biggest tragedy of the sport.

>be arguably the greatest NT in the world until the USSR marched in because Hungarians weren’t communist enough
>was communism good for Hungray footie?

the absolute state of burger reading comprehension

can anyone explain to me why eastern europeans are always at each others' throats?

>complaining about doping
everyone was doing it, those that werent didnt care about winning

> Italy 2002
Would've been even sadder had they not bagged the 2006 cup but still
One of their greatest XI wasted so that gooks can pretend to be good at football

the entire league system went to shit because any player worth a damn decided to emigrate once gommies started fucking our shit up. Of course going to play and live in a western country was forbidden so anyone who played abroad was banned from the NT turning that into shit as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortage_economy

tl;dr: commies

i kind of meant going back before the industrial revolution

none of those fuckers never colonized anybody, but still conflicted enough to eventually set off WWI

The semifinal against Uruguay was labeled "the match of the century". Uruguay came to this match holding a 24 year in WC matches record.
Hungary dominated with a flamboyant style never seen before, tactically and technically outclassing the uruguayans, but Uruguay pulled two goals our of their asses to tie the score 2-2 at the end of the second half. The uruguayan who scored the second guy literally and unironically died in the field, but the his condition improved to alive in the field as well. In extra time, Uruguay had a chance to score but, as the goal rolled into the empty net, it stopped against a muddy goal line. Then Hungary scored two goals to finish the job. Both team being exhausted, huged and saluted each other on an epic, warrior like semifinal.
After that match, it was said that Hungary didnt have a lot left in the tank to go through to the final.
I watched in jewtube. It was glorious indeed.

Brazil 86 was worse than Brazil 82. Still was way better than Brazil 2014.
>Inbf Josimar

*24 years undefeated
*second goal
*then
*ball
fuck my phone and my retardation

Hungary looks like a deformed midget South Africa

hungary literally only has 7 million people though

Someone post that massive copypasta about all the fuckery Germany did in the world cup/euros throughout the years.

This, so much.

>implying that makes it right

people always say the germans doped, meanwhile the hungarian goalkeeper said they were all doped as well and it was normal for everyone (and not even illegal until the 70s). the 8-3 was because the germans played their c-team on purpose to lull in the hungarians.

>Someone post that massive copypasta about all the fuckery Germany did in the world cup/euros throughout the years.
don't know what you're talking about

they just played counter-attack