AYO HOL UP

AYO HOL UP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M5KTiAcTEyc
youtube.com/watch?v=PeTi9g1NqyY
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/15/in-pools-young-blacks-drown-at-far-higher-rates/9146213/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>be vulnerable to water
>invade a planet that is primarily water and populated by beings that are also primarily water

>>be vulnerable to water

The theory becomes more plausible

>be capable of interstellar travel
>invade planet no capable of interstellar travel
>be arrogant and expect to win conflict

where is the problem in this logic

>blacks can't swim and avoid water
>tfw the ayyliums were black people all along

Time to kill some nignogs

we invade deserts all the time

sand doesn't cause our fucking flesh burn away

They're demons

why were people scared of these AYYY fuckers?

I was 10x more scared of the signal Jodie Foster heard in Contact. for some reason I found it really disturbing.

it's holy water they are demons

Wat

demons dont have fart gas attacks
early CGI has not held up well

Hey Alex

youtube.com/watch?v=M5KTiAcTEyc

My grandma got me this movie on DVD for my 11th birthday. Ayylmao-kino.

Tell that to this guy.

>invade a planet
They aren't invading the planet, thats the point of the movie. God damn burgers can't even understand Night Shyamalan's movies.

this movie was so fucking ass

It's a demonic invasion.
The middle east are among the first nations to find a way to repel them, we never learn what that way is.
Mel's family kill theirs with holy water.
They are never meant to be aliens.

This. Shamalamadong even flat out said that in an interview. That they were demons not aliens.

THE ALIENS ARE FRIENDLY.
The whole point of the movie is to show how people can react to something they don't know.

To this day I still get somewhat scared when looking out my window at night that I'll see some alien figure watching me

Totally.

Water is fairly rare in the universe, from what we are able to tell, so if these creatures never learned water is dangerous to them, it makes sense then why they invaded earth and realize a little too late the dangers of doing so.

We do not the biology of these creatures, they may not even be carbon based lifeforms, they may have adapted to the point where interstellar travel is possible without the need for space suits, only to finally come to a planet that actually is very dangerous to them.

Unknowns unknown mang, use some headcannon to fill in the plot holes or don't, I leave the choice to you.

Greys totally scare the shit out of me, show me some demonic fucking space alien looking thing, and I'm all "soooo kewl" but show me a grey (or the green variant) and I turn into a little pussy ass bitch

>the aliens literally have the exact same weakness as Bruce Willis in Unbreakable

smdh shammydingdong

WHERE ARE THE WHEAT FARMERS

But why were they naked?

it's impossible to have life without water

That we know of, just because we are able to life on this planet because we adapted to life with water, doesn't mean that alium species #472 didn't evolve to a point where methane is needed to sustain life, or mercury etc etc

u wer most likely abducted

>Water is fairly rare in the universe
You are fucking retarded

go google ammonia based life you stupid nigger

Allow me to rephrase, liquid water is fairly rare

Aka what we think of when someone says 'water' gaseous and solid forms of water is abundant, but again based on what we know, that isn't enough to sustain life, no no, complex multicellular life forms.

Nice useage of ad hominem though, I'll give you props on that :^)

>Water is fairly rare in the universe,

Jumping Jesus you are dumb.

>Water is fairly rare in the universe
Gonna need a citation on that one chief

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT
THE MAD CUNTS

i got it from reddit

Bruce and Mr Glass were aliens?

At least do a better job if you're going to pretend to be me

Again, I should have specified, and I'll even be more specific, stable liquid water is rare, from what we've been able to observe- is that better?

People are infallible, which by definition makes you a dumby

Therefore,

>takes one to know one :^)

DONT EVER FUCKING REPLY TO ME AGAIN OR ELSE I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU

>dumby

Dumb-dee my bad
Guess you're right, I take back what I said, sorry

>somehow wood completely negates everything you have

>invade planet no capable of interstellar travel
>be arrogant and go naked

How do these creatures make adenosine triphosphate if they die from water? Oxygen is the ultimate electron acceptor at the end of oxidative phosphorylation and hooks up with a couple of protons to become water. Hell, you even end up with water just from going through glycolysis. Also what the fuck is the main component of their plasma, interstitial fluid and cytosol if it's not water? The movie was retarded.

>Oxygen is the ultimate electron acceptor at the end of oxidative phosphorylation and hooks up with a couple of protons to become water.

There are multiple organisms that use different electron acceptors such as sulphate and nitrate. Also it may not be the water itself but that they have a different response to pH levels, e.g for them water is very acidic because conditions on their planet are highly basic or their biology is highly alkaline (or vice versa).

Underrated post

You're the only fucking retard. Life would more than likely be drastically different and on the far edges of what we can imagine. You act like you understand what you're talking about, but you're a retarded undergrad or failed at making yourself sound smart via Wikipedia.

Seems my post triggered your butthurt and got a rise out of you just like intended. Also I'm actually in medical school and only concern myself with human physiology rather than wad5ing my time daydream about sci-fi creatures while jerking off in my fedora.

Good for you user.

You're literally the one trying to sound smart by throwing out wildass assumptions about a fictional species of aye lmaos/demons. You're clearly performing poorly in school based on your responses. I don't even believe you're in med school tbqh senpai. You'd be too fucking busy to do anything besides occasionally browse. Yet here you are sounding like a retard. Blind leading the blind. Focus on your studies. If you're actually in med school then ty harder. You would know that everything you said is bullshit if you payed attention in school user

Society in general is below 100 and I fail to "fit in" with the average person. The work force also obviously can't handle someone with my IQ level so I'm forced to live with my single mother. I could easily publish a Mathematical paper in Number Theory (specifically relating to the twin prime conjecture) but my mind just keeps going through random permutations of things I could accomplish and I never seen to get anywhere.

The downsides of a genius i suppose...

There is absolutely nothing in the movie clearly indicating those things were aliens. Considering that the main theme of the movie is strongly religious, I am inclined to buy the explanation that they were demons, and that God (which clearly exists in the movie) had blessed it to fuck up their invasion.

couldn't it be the fluorine/chlorine added to our water?

Do aliens really exist?

why would demon's need invisible ships in the sky to invade? why would they need crop circles for navigation? why did god allow the unwashed in the middle east to overcome the demon invaders first?

I could see that, but the family being on a ranch was most likely pulling from a well that wouldn't have anything like that in it.

you are a fucking idiot.

I think the implication is that the bacteria in the water is what reacted violently with their skin, not the water itself.

I mean, unless I am recalling the movie wrong, that was the the reason the loli left so many glasses of water around the house, she was afraid of the bacteria.

>crop circles for navigation

>invisible ships
There is NOTHING in the movie confirming that there was any spaceship up there, just something invisible in the air. Could be their hell portal for all we know.

>crop circles for navigation
Circles for navigation, or hell runes for summoning stuff?

>why did god allow the unwashed in the middle east to overcome the demon invaders first?
The exact same question applies to the alien invasion, brah.

Again, the whole thing in the movie is that God exists and his ways are mysterious and impossible to comprehend to us. Yes, he allowed earth to be invaded just to teach a lesson of faith to a man.

what did the birds fly into?
youtube.com/watch?v=PeTi9g1NqyY

A solid, invisible entrance to our world, yes.

Those are some wierd ass wiring diagrams

And you sir are an expert Master Debater, I revel at your skillz, learn me your ways

This. The girl is the daughter of a preacher. Everything she touches get's blessed. She never finishes her water, leaving containers of holy water all over the house.
God:1
Ayys:0

But it's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

like in real life
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/15/in-pools-young-blacks-drown-at-far-higher-rates/9146213/
pottery

microbes/waterborne pollution

I wasn't aware holy water came out of sinks and refrigerators. I was also not aware that retired pastors who've denounced their faith kept a healthy stock of holy water for drinking purposes..

you can have ammonia based lifeforms according to evolutionary biologists. not all life needs to be carbon based.

No, but water was his weakness.

no one is debating you

we're all just marveling at how retarded you are

This, Battlefield Earth and War of the Worlds 2005 strongly compete for most idiotic alien invasion movie.

War of the Worlds was fine you pleb.

Fine power feces more like.

>send your vehicles in MILLIONS OF YEARS AHEAD
That alone is even more utterly retarded than dying to fucking microbes.

There's no tactical error in installing your ordinance before your targets have a chance to stop you.

Why? It's not like we have observed copious amounts of planets and large celestial bodies with stable bodies of liquid water, that's been my point the whole time, since all you and whomever else has done is called me "retard" "stupid" and "dumb", but have yet to even make any claims that prove me wrong. I admit, my first statement was broad, hydrogen and oxygen are some of the most common elements in the universe, and water is very abundant- but from what we have observed so far has been large and stable bodies of liquid water is a rarity. Only a few moons around Jupiter and Saturn, possible planets that have water in the atmosphere outside of our solar system (and even then we don't know if they have liquid water on or below the surface), a star that spews metric fucktons of water out of it poles, and Mars that looks like it used to have water on its surface, and possibly Venus and the moon as well. However, from what we have observed, that isn't the case today now is it? I'm willing to admit that Mars may have water beneath its surface, but until that is observed nothing I have stated contradicts my claim that large liquid stable bodies of water is a rarity in the observable universe.

There's definitely a huge one in doing it MILLIONS OF YEARS apart. Someone could have fucking dug out a tripod in the meantime.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

What a waste of everyone's time.

Yeah well the one that managed to have an entire city and sewer system built on top of it without being found was a bit ridiculous I'll admit. Thing must have been deep as fuck.

>go to frozen planet
>pick up ice because you've never seen anything like it
>it melts in your hand, burning a fucking hole through your palm
>tell the rest of your species never to go near liquid water

Or rather
>have sufficient technology to embark on interplanetary travel
>don't have scientists that can artificially create chemical substances on labs just like how we currently create extremely unstable elements that only last a brief moment
>who could have created FUCKING WATER at some point and tested it
I mean, scientists can take a pretty good guess at most of a planet's composition by studying it from afar. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the Shiamalayys to have observed the Earth, detected water and studied it beforehand.

But no, nevermind, let's go in blindly on hand-to-hand melee combat with no armor fuck it.

>tfw to intelligent to be successful

Or
>never goto a frozen planet before
>searching for planets with primitive signs of life (or basically less technologically advance life)
>need resources, given there is life here that increases the likelihood they have the resources available that they need
>"oh shit what's this that's causing a freak reaction to me"
>invasion failed

OR

>enter frozen planet
>what's this?
>oh shit oh shit it burns
>"well ya fucktard, that is kind of what happens when you touch extremely cold objects, git guud"

Basically attributing frost bite to be the danger, not this compound we know little about

>be advanced race capable of interstellar travel
>haven't developed the scientific method

>because that's how we evolved intellectually
>every intelligent lifeform must always evolve like us

The scientific method is a pretty basic concept. It basically just means you test things instead of just making random assumptions.

>be advanced race
>capable of interstellar travel

I don't see why these 2 things are always mutually exclusive in sci-fi. It's plausible that primitive races of Aliens harnessed some unseen force kind of like how we first harnessed fire, and that their ships/vessels/method of travel isn't even mechanical in nature.

There was a short story about aliens failing at invading the earth by using matchlock firearms. Still higher quality writing and better than going in naked though.

Yes it's possible, the trouble is the film never showed us any evidence of this magical source of power.

What is talking about is called "The Road Not Taken" and this is the right way to do the whole primitive aliens with space travel thing.

I'm a biochem graduate you fucking cunt. I don't even like the movie, I was just positing an alternative explanation for them being unable to cope with ph 7 water while still using it in metabolic pathways.

I'm fully aware what the scientific method is, that doesn't mean that this alium species thinks the way we do as a species- case in point, many anons here claimed it's retarded that they came onto the planet without any form of spacesuit, well there you go, advanced enough to create machines capable of interstellar travel, but that's about it, retarded in all other aspects.

We don't even know if they created these machines, they could be the equivalent of monkeys we sent into space to test out if our rockets worked, guinea pigs if you so will.

They were demons. People just try desperately to cling onto the alien thing so they have something to incessantly bitch about.

Just like how people take the door think literally when Salamander is talking about how the monster is safely and very obviously boarded up in his pantry, just like all the other doors they can't get through

Sounds like it's wroth a read. Got a name for it?

Oh, thanks for that. And yeah I wasn't defending the stupidity of the ayys in the movie, moreso just went on a tangent in hopes that a movie like that gets made. I love the more out of the box or unusual stuff as opposed to the regular old greys in a flying disc.

How is it not going to generate bitching just as much? You just go from
>implying that beings that can do interplanetary travel wouldn't account for fucking water being a thing
to
>implying that beings that can do intedimensional travel wouldn't account for fucking water being a thing

By Harry Turtledove, if it's what I am thinking anyways, right?

The guy literally goes on a 5 minute rant about how his daughter appeared as a fucking angel to all the nurses and specifically why we only see the ayy get doused in water from the glasses she had been drinking from, you you corpulent porcine coprophagian troglodyte

Yes