"I'm gonna kill myself tomorrow."

>"I'm gonna kill myself tomorrow."
>kills himself right then and there

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9pyBB7y8fDU
youtu.be/bSTjyCbYrNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was 23:59:59. He was making a goof. It's like saying "see you next year" on New Year's Eve.

any evidence to back this theory up?

I do that all the time jej

fuck this scene. I want to fucking puke.

and my wrists tense up and I have to look down and hold them to make sure they're okay

You fucker, I posted it in yesterday thread

Casual Friday?

Do you want to do it, user?

couldnt take being on the gay earth for one more minute.

damn what movie is this

The Royal Tenenbaums.

>"I'm gonna kill myself tomorrow."

Is a common concept for suicidal people.

In this case he was telling himself that ironically, since he actually was gonna through with it that moment.

He quickly changed his mind.

Super simple stuff.

its a reference to another movie.

I've seen this scene far too many times.

I've liked much of what Wes Anderson has done since, but I don't think he'll ever be this good again.

youtu.be/9pyBB7y8fDU

Also, I still get a little chocked up at;

>Yeah, but it's not your fault.

youtu.be/bSTjyCbYrNg

He felt like committing suicide right then but he emulated the main character from Le Feu Follet, played by Maurice Ronet, who also plays Mr. Ripley in Purple Noon, who says he will kill himself tomorrow, he eventually takes a pistol to his head and pulls the trigger after realising that there is no reason to continue living.
The character in Royal Tenenbaums obviously does not decide to kill himself in that moment, he just found the courage in that moment, or maybe the will to pull through with it.

>It's like saying "see you next year" on New Year's Eve.
>mfw I always do this

You've never been in a situation where you make an emotional decision to do something in a few days/a week and it doesn't last more than a few hours before you have to go through with it?

As an athlete it's important to set goals for yourself :-()

>I've had a rough year dad
DON'T FUCKING CRY DON'T FUCKING CRY

>full head of hair
>manly jawline
sure must suck being a chad doesnt it

well obviously thats why he tried to an hero

or his brother i forget which one

>The character in Royal Tenenbaums obviously does not decide to kill himself in that moment, he just found the courage in that moment, or maybe the will to pull through with it.
This. The way I see it, saying that out loud gave him the strength, he wasn't afraid anymore so he just did it. It's also common thought for suicidal people and the impact of the scene is lot bigger because he just does it right away.

this movie is the best wes movie

prove me wrong

never watched it
hate kids

Honestly, I would put The Grand Budapest Hotel the first
Ralph Phiennes performance is so phenomenal and the supporting cast is fantastic as well. Adrien Brody and Willem Dafoe hardly even have any screen time but they just take over every scene they are in and do such great job.
Then there is Harvey Keitel and Edward Norton in even more minor roles and they are both memorable and great characters.

I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

Never put off for tomorrow what you can do today
Is that moral

Le Regal Teremasses

this 100%

I feel like I am going to do it too one day, I listened to In the Aeroplane over the Sea and I felt extremely empty and realised how pointless it all is. I'm only 20 but the thoughts have increased a lot since I joined the Army

heh too bad I haven't seen this yet. Does it really take much away from the film knowing what happens?

It was a Louis Malle reference

Seek counselling and transfer to the Navy.

That was his brother.

>you're supposed to be my son right
I dont know i came here to find out
>would you excuse me one second?

>>take a look at the
Laaaaaawmaaaan beating up the wrong guy

im sure they both feel it

>tfw even rich and famous handsome chads who fuck 10s wanna an hero

what hope is there for us

I'm really in love with this movie. Just the right blend of wit, aesthetic, pretension, violence and music.

don't forget Jeff Goldblum

s-same. i tense up and my heart starts going really fast for a second when a wristcutting scene happens

>tfw you know 'triggers' arent just a SJW thing because you have one

Feels bad man.