Iron Fist

So is it good? I'm ignoring the critics with this one.

I'm watching it and aside from some poor line delivery I'm entirely encaptured already and at only episode 1

I'm on episode 5 and I quite like it.

So I'm gathering it's a serious case of "i hate this because it's a white male lead character" from all the critics?

it's as good as the other marvel netflix, it's being unfairly shit on.

Can't you watch the trailer and see how bad the production value is?

I want the /alt/-right to leave.

The problem isn't that he's white, it's that he's the most boring character i've ever seen in a comic adaption. He has zero charisma. Maybe in a team setting he could be interesting but he's not good enough alone to carry the show.

15 min into the first ep and it feels so cheap

I'm glad Marvel made Danny white. If I'm being honest here, I really enjoyed watching his scenes. He exudes a sense of purpose and power someone of Oriental descent could never match. Let's be honest, Finn Jones really makes this a better world - and sometimes to build a better world, like what we have in Iron Fist, means tearing the old one down. If you SJWs have been complaining about him being white, do you think this has been easy for Marvel? Do you know how hard it was, the sacrifices, the decisions they had to make? That's what they do. They're survivors, unlike DC. It's the next step, if you have the courage to take it. Political correctness is just a holding action. A band-aid.

mfw the blonde fucker is faramir

nobody cares what you want, but i guess this isn't the first time you hear this.

Yes.

It's no better or worse than the other netflix shows so far, but I'm only 4 episodes in.

All the rich white male reviews are autistic screeching.

and he's an aus cunt

It's not good, but it fake-triggers the people who write about things that make them feel fake-triggered for a living, so it will probably be Sup Forumss favorite thing since pail, dark-haired boys with freckles between the ages of 10-14.

It's better than JJ and Luke Cage, but doesn't hold a candle to even second season of Daredevil.

1080p? Somewhere ?

It's better than Luke Cage (and I thought LC was ok)

How specific.

Less blacks than the other MCU shows on Netflix. It's better by default

Nah, at least not entirely. I'm sure it played a part in it getting such bad reviews because it isn't that bad, but after watching the first four episodes it still has many flaws.
It's also kinda weak by comparison to the other MCU shows, so I'm sure expectations have played a part, maybe a different format would have done it good.
The main problems though are structural. Danny never feels real, in the sense that his interactions with other people seem to be there for the sole reason of moving the plot along, This may have something to do with Finn's delivery being lackluster but it feels like the writing is the real problem. And the plot itself is far too bogged down by the corporate aspect of it. I mean sure it needs to be there but not at the forefront of the story. It needs more 70's style mystic/kung-fu shenanigans.
But this is all a first impressions kinda of reaction as I have only watched the first 4 episodes.
Overall it doesn't deserve to be rated as badly as it is right now. It's a solid 6.

>I'm ignoring the critics
>Better ask Sup Forums for an opinion
How pathetic can you get user?

>listening to critics
>listening to Sup Forums
why not just have an opinion of your own

How is it a sacrifice when he is WHITE IN THE GODDAMN COMIC BOOK IT CAME FROM?

2 episodes in...I enjoy it but the acting is terrible. Like "late night premier on SyFy" terrible. It's bad even by Marvel capeshit acting standards.

I get the feeling they just pushed this out to have all 4 heroes have a show before Defenders came out.

He was making conversation about a show? Just because the OP starts the thread with a question it doesn't mean it's "Tell me what to think"
If you weren't autistic and knew how people conversed in real life you'd know that "So is it good?" is the equivalent of "Did you like it?" "What do you think of it?"
If you ever go out to a restaurant with someone and they ask you if you're food is good they don't want to to comment on the spices in a scale of 1 to 10 so they can write a review. They just want to know if you're enjoying yourself and the meal.
Are you this fucking dense? What's the point of an imageboard if you can't discuss things?
Oh I'm sorry, it's to post little boys and girls and shout FOR YOU in an echo chamber.

No OP, the show isn't very good but nothing beats the idiocy of people in this thread and on Sup Forums in general. Worst fucking board.

I'm enjoying it well enough, fight scenes aren't as terrible as you fags said. I'm on ep 3 btw.

Episode 2 already
Checked out 20 minutes into Episode 1 and they didn't regain it by 40 minutes.
The pacing is bad and minor conflicts or issues are drawn out past where they need to be.

Fight scenes are meh, but when you compare them to Daredevil it just isn't good.

The only thing bad about it is Rand is such a fun guy that his relationship with Luke (no N words) Cage is gonna be a real strain on the imagination.

On episode three.

Maybe it's because the critics set my expectations extremely low, but this show is perfectly fine imo. Nothing groundbreaking sure, and not as good as Daredevil's first season, but perfectly watchable and still a noticeable notch in quality above it's CW and ABC contemporaries.

Anyone who contributed to rating this as one of the worst super hero adaptations of all time, especially if they were bitching about the alleged "whitewashing", is a flaming faggot.

Is his fist really made of iron?

>So is it good? I'm ignoring the critics
>asks for opinions anyway

So far better than LC or JJ. Not that that's a particularly high bar to clear.

exact same storyline as arrow

it has this really weird tone for the first 2 episodes and then all the sudden interdimensional worlds and zany punching effects and ninjas

The actor is still a faggot for blaming Trump for critics not loving his boring ass show.

It's no worse than any other Marvel Netflix show. The critics turned out to be flavor of the week sjw once again.

If you liked the other shows you will like this.

Is it better than the shit heap that was Jessica Jones?

I'm at ep 8. Shit has been happening. The show dips a bit but feels ok overall, nothing groundbreaking though.

Exactly.

It's actually worse.
At least JJ had the comedy gold that was the ridiculous Purple man's acting. IF has nothing.

Pretty much, if you enjoyed any of the other netflix shows you'll know what to expect.

Ignore the reviews and the obvious trolls.

It's better, it's not great, but it's better. Coreography is better, characters are eh. Faramir is good in it. But it's pretty forgettable.

BRAVO NETFLIC
R
A
V
O

comfortably

No, it's not. The reviews were true. the action is bad, it has a shit plot and it's boring.

how did you know

Netflix is saying I would give this 5 fucking stars when I have never given a Marvel series 5 stars.

Are they lying to me to get me to watch this show?

About the same. At some point I can't rank what kind of shit is shittier you know

aboslutely

I'm finishing ep 2 and so far, im enjoying it. Also, that asian girl is a cute.

First episode is pretty good so far. Acting no better or worse than other shit like dare devil.

Everything is the same bog standard story you've seen a million times, but that didn't stop you from going to see Logan.

I'm waiting for it to get as bad as people say.

2 and in and it gets remotely interesting
Like if they didn't do the first episode and actually started at episode 2 it would have probably been slightly better received.

The writing is bad. A lot of the conflict could be resolved by someone talking for two more minutes. It's like everyone tries to explain themselves as little as possible. And nobody wants to hear what anyone else has to say. And that happens over and over and over.

It's trash, worse than Luke Cage. Like Jessica Jones without a charismatic villain. How could the go from Darekino to this?

better than daredevil
because they don't read comics half the critics hate it because iron fist is a white guy

I believe that was his problem in the comics too. Really more of a sidekick than a standalone character. Should be fine when they do the Defenders.

pretty much like real life and I'm already done listening to you

This, it's Faiz level of misunderstandings and not talking.
Isso mean, there's this whole scene where Danny gets drugged and has some time to talking and he just gets triggered.
What is it with his PTSD anyway? Some times it feels real, most times it's out of nowhere.

If you liked the last seasons of Dexter you will probably like this. Also you should kill yourself

>Danny gets drugged and has some time to talking

oh

Anyone have media yet of the thick asian in her underwear from episode 3

Rosario Dawson again? fuck this.

not looking forward to that tbqh. It's like they think no one will know the marvel shit is connected it she doesn't show up or someone doesn't mention "the incident"

Steve Rogers in the background at a hotdog stand would be much better

only partially. line devilry is meh and writing is going for maximum drama

Why is DD s2 so much better than all the other ones?

It isn't though.

The first four episodes of DDs2 are fucking Kino, but the rest feels weird. Like it's not supposed to have ninjas and shit.

The punisher had good delivery even if bit comical at times. foggy was a bro

I mean, it's not like the hand was created just for the show.

Foggy is good as comic relief but when they try to use him as a serious character it's just sad.

Also goddamn kill off Karen Page in Season 3 or the Defenders her character is like grass growing and paint drying had an even more boring child.

I know, but considering the dark gritty tone that the episodes had had up to that point it felt kinda weird to just be like "Fuck it, we ninja now".

Also I really wish Punisher would have mowed down all those fuckers with the chaingun like they were setting up. That would have kicked ass.

so how long till the blond one starts ridding danny's dick despite him being as aggressive as their asshole friend?

Its fucking shit.
shill

Im not sure what you mean by serious character but I found him very relatable, in how his friend took on responsibilities in their name and bailed so he had to step up.
>Karen Page
I hated her. I don't read DD, last big DD story I read was guardian devil. DD fans say she is not pointless garbage but I don't see it

Is this better than Luke Cage at least?

Nobu was in season 1 though so it's not like they came out of nowhere.

Sup Forums IS ALWAYS WRONG

so far, no. Im only on the first ep

>Now, of course, if any of you cats watch this show or listen to any one of myriad podcasts I do every week, you know that I love me some of that fat Marvel Cinematic Universe cock **nom nom nom (obnoxious smacky blow job noise into microphone), and I do man. I think these cats down at Marvel get it right. Kevin Feige, man, fuck you, take my money. But, and this is going to come as a surprise to a lot of cats out there...I did not care for Iron Fist.

-Kevin Smith

Better than the second half, worse than the first half

Kung-fu-master-whore ruins everything with beating the shit out of 300 pound dudes.

>is dressed like a hobo
>buys a mask to cover his identity
is this show trying to be a comedy?

You know, this show reminds me a lot of the Chik Fil-a controversy a few years back.

Mass media gave the impression to the unitiated that Chick Fil-a was this really horrible restaurant full of angry intolerant people.

When in my experience I've never encountered nicer kids and better service than I experienced there...and that's not hyperbole.

In Iron Fists case, I was expecting a train wreck....but I am really really enjoying this show. It has an air of lightness and fun that the other Netflix shows didn't have(thats not a knock by the way).

Finn is great as Danny, just how I'd always imagined him, and I'm enjoying the Meachums. The dads a pretty good villain his sercretary is especially endearing.

I'm dismayed that the casting controversy(though understandable) may have blinded reviewers to the actual merits of the show.

In any case I am glad that we have another excellent addition to the Marvel/Netflix stable.

Excelsior!

Why does he just run over too people and say hey it's Danny

the fight choreography is horrendous, none of the actors can punch or kick for shit
and you can tell this was made by the same guy as the last seasons of Dexter, it's so full of goofy shit

you are hitler so your opinions don't count
Why does not he wear shoes till he is given some? They are trying to say he is bit nuts from all he went trough

in "Daredevil Born again" she seels off daredevil true indentity to kingpin for drugs, I am looking forward to see if they do that arch, would be totally kino

Does not kinpin already know?

not in the show, as far as I recall

it's pretty shit but watchable. danny is a massive retard and does and says ridiculous things all the time.

Why didn't Marvel and Netflix give the critics all 13 episodes. The episodes build on each other resulting in a complete satisfying story. No episodes have leaked so if they're afraid of that it's totally irrational. Iron Fist is being shit on left and right. I hope Netflix has learned their lesson because if they want good reviews they need to give critics the full experience.

Im not sure anymore. I mean the whole point of a secret identity is to keep yourself and your loved ones safe but DD goes and antagonizes kingpin in both his personas

Watching episode 1 right now. As an ugly dude, I can really relate to Danny. I also have people telling me to fuck off all the time.

Daredevil has a white main character and was praised by critics.

Sup Forumstards need to stop whining and play victims.

>Kino
Thanks for quickly helping everyone know your opinions are worthless and you are completely incapable of independent and critical thinking.

Meh. Prefered Luke Cage by a margin. Main character is more charismatic.

>Daredevil has a white main character and was praised by critics.
apparently his catholic guilt made him into an acceptable category
>Sup Forumstards need to stop whining and play victims.
if its all in their head than why are there so many articles bitching about his whiteness

not to mention being technically disabled

It feel like a lazy remake of Batman but with less charismatic MC and pals. Also, the choreographies were embarrassing. I don't see the point of the MC. At least in Batman they talked about his training later in the story. But the MC being saved by monks and getting a special powers, it feels from a 70's plot. I don't know, it was pretty boring.

I thought those were based on what other users rated it, not what they think you'd rate it